Ashley Weddings and Events Reviews

103 | Bloomington, IN

103 Reviews for Ashley Weddings and Events

Lauren · Married on 09/04/2016

If you're looking at these reviews, you've probably already figured out that Morgan is The. Best. Go ahead and hire her now. We were on a budget, but I will never regret hiring Morgan as a day-of coordinator. She was very flexible and put together a package for us that gave us what we needed but not what we didn't. Even though she was just doing day-of coordination, Morgan always went above and beyond. We were able to have multiple in-person and video/phone conversations with her, and she always brought up great points that helped us make the important decisions and stay on track. She was always around during the wedding weekend. As a bride, you often hear compliments on the food, or the venue, or the cake. I have never heard a compliment for the coordinator. But Morgan was so excellent that our guests really did notice and comment on how smoothly everything went. Honestly, I didn't expect that my wedding day would look like it did in my head, but because of Morgan, it truly did. I would have paid her double what it cost because she's totally worth it.

Sent on 10/08/2016

Julia · Married on 08/27/2016

My daughter had the final say in selecting Ashley Wedding & Events after we interviewed different people and she definitely made the correct call. We live in Indianapolis and knew we would require much help in coordinating a wedding to be held in Bloomington on the IU campus. Morgan Banks (Ashley Weddings & Events) was organized, professional, and was well known and liked by all of the other vendors used for this wedding with consistent responses; “oh, yes we’ve worked with Morgan before – she’s great!” This was an outdoor service which required vendors for chairs and with transportation provided to the guests to and from the ceremony site so there was a lot to schedule and coordinate, including coordinating with and creating the schedule for the event planner at the hotel for the reception. Morgan did so perfectly and with the most positive, caring and upbeat attitude - even with rain threatening to alter the outdoor plans, she cautioned us to "give it a little longer because weather can clear quickly" - and she was right! Having student interns working with her was an added bonus to coordinate different groups and for everything to work smoothly. These young ladies were professional and delightful. Morgan was present during the entire wedding ceremony and reception to ensure things ran smoothly and we did not have to concern ourselves with anything except enjoying our daughter's wedding and reception. I can't say enough positive things about our experience with Ashley Weddings & Events. Although we had 3 face-to-face meetings, most of the planning and coordination of events was accomplished via emails back and forth. Morgan was always available and extremely prompt with her responses to emails. If you want someone who is skilled, organized, thorough, professional, upbeat, positive, resourceful and flexible, this is your person. Thank you Morgan for a wonderful wedding experience and weekend!
    Julie & Frank OBrien

Sent on 09/21/2016

Elise · Married on 07/09/2016

Morgan and her team are seriously LIFE SAVERS when it comes to wedding planning! If she is available for your date, BOOK IT while you can! We hired Morgan as a day of planner, and the only thing I would have done differently would be hiring her as a full service planner because the amount of details that go into a wedding are endless!! If you're on the line about hiring a planner, trust me, the services Morgan provides are PRICELESS & it will be the best wedding planning decision you make (and your moms will thank you for it!!) I was amazed at all the work that goes on behind the scenes the day of, and having Morgan there allowed us and our wedding party to actually enjoy the wedding day! Morgan really does think of every detail and you can bet her team will be ON TOP OF IT to make sure your wedding day goes as smooth as possible! Also, Morgan's positive attitude and bubbly personality made her so much fun to work with & helped tremendously with the stress that comes throughout wedding planning!! Ashley Weddings is THE BEST.

Sent on 08/29/2016
  • W

Wenqing · Married on 05/29/2016

Morgan is a magical girl that make our wedding absolutely perfect! Both her charming personality that will make you warm/relax/happy and her attention to details that helped the wedding go exactly as planned! We used her day-of service, but she helped us much more than that, she went all out and helped us picked out a perfect wedding vendor team. She is very responsive in emails/text/phone calls. She was with us for all the meetings with other vendors and everything at our wedding was beyond our expectations!
    We planned an outdoor ceremony. I started checking the weather and realized that it gonna rain! I was stressed out, but thank to Morgan, she helped me create a detailed rain plan, and kept me calm. On our wedding day, the rain held off for all our photo sessions (2pm to 4pm). Everything was set up outside for the planned outdoor ceremony. However, a thunderstorm came at 4:30 (our ceremony was scheduled at 5:30). Luckily, Morgan is so experienced, so when the rain came, we were prepared. My groom told me afterwards that Morgan ran out in the rain without any hesitation to help people outside deal with the rain!
    The result? The rain stopped 20 min prior to our ceremony! Morgan and her team started to react immediately after the rain stopped. And we had our ceremony outside as planned! The aisle was beautiful; all the seats were nice and dry. It looked like the rain never happened!
    With Morgan on my side, I felt relaxed and enjoyed our big day 100%.
    When I was went into the reception hall that Morgan created, I was blown away. It was exactly what I wanted but 1000 times better. She was so organized and helped us to the very last detail! I only told her my vision, she totally got me!
    I could go on and on and on about how wonderful Morgan is! If you want a wedding planner, look no further! She is hands down the best wedding planner you could ever ask for! And her work is worth every penny!

Sent on 05/31/2016

Dawn · Married on 04/23/2016

I cannot say enough great things about Ashley Weddings and Events and Morgan Banks! I never thought I would want a wedding coordinator, but I fell in love with her flower arrangements at someone else's wedding, and when I got engaged six weeks later, I called her. Because my wedding included two ceremonies (a Hindu service and a Christian service) and then a reception, and it all happened with only five months planning (and 300+ were in attendance), we NEEDED Morgan. She was so wonderful and kind! She made me feel like our wedding was the only thing on her mind and on her plate, and yet, it most definitely was not. She just really took care of everything we asked her to. My parents were also initially concerned about the need and the cost, and after the wedding, they said it was the best money we could have spent. My husband and I agreed. And our floral arrangements were beautiful too. I could not recommend her more highly. She help make our day perfect for us.

Sent on 08/29/2016

Morgan was WONDERFUL! My daughter, the bride, and I are both VERY detail oriented people and without Morgan, we would have both driven each other (and everyone else) crazy and not have been able to enjoy any of the wedding day. But with Morgan, we could both relax-- She was excellent with details and we grew to trust her completely. And it worked. I literally did not worry about one thing on the day of the wedding and everything went exactly as planned with no input or help from me or my daughter-- Morgan did it all! She was a bargain and worth every cent. We used her day-of services, but she still met with us several times, regularly answered all of our obsessive emailed questions, recommended vendors, and gave us ideas. All of the vendors we worked with (not all chosen by her) did nothing but praise her and say how much they love to work with her. She stayed calm and helped us to deal with a couple difficult situations with grace and calm. Even the skeptics (groom and father of the bride) both, independently, ended up saying, "Morgan was worth every penny you paid and then some!"

Sent on 04/11/2016
  • Chris

Chris · Married on 02/26/2016

Couldn't have done it without her!!!! Not only did Morgan provide exceptional service, responsiveness and outstanding quality...I doubt another vendor could have provided more VALUE! Having access to Morgan's inventory of decor was essential in planning our Indy wedding from the East Coast. Morgan was extremely flexible, worked with us hand-in-hand every step of the way and ensured EVERY details was managed proactively. We couldn't have been happier with everything leading up to our wedding day and know that our party was as great as it was because of Morgan's zest for customer service. Thank you!

Sent on 03/02/2016

Tammy · Married on 10/10/2015

Our daughter got engaged 2 years ago and the venue that was chosen was in Bloomington, IN where they both went to school. (So this became a destination wedding) Morgan was hired at that time and we chose her because of the recommendations about her. For over a year and a half she worked with us and NEVER let us down. Her attention to detail is remarkable. She gave great ideas along the way, and most of all gave my daughter HER dream wedding. They worked together, and when we arrived at the wedding/reception - it took my breath away. Morgan is a true professional and I will also be grateful to her for giving us the perfect day. Her coordination of the day was flawless. All of our guests will tell you - it was the perfect day, perfect wedding - and I owe that to Ashley Weddings. I highly recommend her for any event that you may need. Good luck with your dream wedding, and know that it is in good hands by working with Morgan.

Sent on 10/23/2015

Celeste · Married on 09/26/2015

I cannot say enough about Ashley Wedding and Events and the service we received. My daughter had a rather large wedding in Bloomington (my daughter lives four hours away and I live an hour and half away). Morgan did an amazing job of coordinating so many aspects of a wedding in a town where none of us even lived. She took my daughter's vision for a perfect wedding and delivered it exactly. We counted on her for so much and she was always there to help with anything we needed. While I know she was running many weddings simultaneous, she always made us feel like a priority - as if we were the only family she was working with. The wedding was absolutely perfect and Morgan was a huge part of that. I would highly recommend Ashley Wedding and Events to anyone.

Sent on 10/23/2015

April · Married on 09/26/2015

It would be impossible to imagine our planning process and wedding weekend without Morgan and her team of amazing helpers! From start to finish Morgan was responsive, kind, helpful and provided so much great feedback and creative ideas throughout the entire process; she truly made our vision come to life on our wedding day. Morgan is an absolute joy to work with and we would highly recommend her to every couple that is looking to bring on a wedding planner/coordinator.

Sent on 10/26/2015
  • Marisa

Marisa · Married on 08/22/2015

Morgan and her staff were absolutely the best part of our wedding (besides the marriage)! Without Morgan's help, our wedding would not have been nearly as special and relaxing. She not only helped my husband and I to plan many details of our wedding, but she always offered advice, preferred vendors, and even arranged our flowers for the ceremony/reception herself! She did a beautiful job on all of the floral decorations (centerpieces, decor, bouquets, bouts, etc). Everyone complimented that part of our day. As we are beginning to look through our many wedding photos, we find ourselves complimenting her work from the biggest projects to the smallest, most intimate details, both of which made our day SO perfect. Our bridal party and family members were able to relax and enjoy the day because Morgan took care of every last thing, even picking up our lunch and scheduling/meeting all of the vendors the day of. If we could go back and do it over again, we would have purchased her full package (we only did the day of with some extras added on). She was absolutely the best vendor we dealt with and we are so blessed to have gotten to know her and have her help with our wedding!

Sent on 09/20/2015

Morgan was our wedding fairy godmother! In our initial planning stages, we had opted out of a wedding planner, but as the big day came closer we decided we needed to recruit additional help. Morgan was key in finalizing our last details and coordinated the rehearsal and day-of events. I can honestly say we couldn't have done it with out her! Morgan's planning and organizational skills allowed us, and our family, to have a fun and carefree day! We didn't have to worry about anything because Morgan and her team had it covered! They were an absolute joy to work with and we're so happy she was a part of our special day.

Sent on 08/10/2015

Morgan with Ashley Weddings & Events deserves all the 5 star reviews she gets. My wedding day was zero stress because of her. I was drinking champagne the morning of my wedding and literally just showed up when it was time. Without Morgan, we would have all been running around frantically and wouldn't have enjoyed ourselves at all. Morgan did a lot of the planning stuff for me and did the day-of coordination and decorating. She created the wedding day timeline for the entire bridal party as well. She also recommended several vendors that I ended up using and they were great as well so I really trust her recommendations. The ceremony and reception venues looked SO beautiful thanks to her. I got compliments on the decor all night. It wouldn't have looked even half that nice if I had done it myself. The best part about Morgan is she takes her time to get to know you and what you want and then just runs with it. If you look at the pictures of weddings she has done, each is unique but they all look beautiful.

Morgan is also an all-around wedding guru and answered my random questions about invitation wording and anything else under the sun very promptly. She also really goes above and beyond for her clients. My husband's birthday was a couple days before the wedding and I had gotten candles to stick on the wedding cake after we cut it so we could sing happy birthday to him. I forgot the candles in my hotel room and Morgan quickly left the reception to buy some for me so we could still do it. She's such a sweetheart! I definitely recommend hiring Ashley Weddings & Events for any event!

Sent on 07/19/2015

Kaelyn · Married on 06/27/2015

If you are looking for someone to make your planning come together, relieve your stress/ planning questions, and help your big day run smoothly, Morgan Banks is who you've been looking for! Hiring Morgan was the best vendor decision we made for our wedding, hands down. Although we hired her to help us mostly for day of help, she helped us so much along the way. She had great advice and so many wonderful ideas. I was actually relaxed and calm on wedding day because I knew Morgan and her interns had everything under control. I could not have done it without her. Everything I had asked her to do she did, and beyond. She was even up in a pine tree on a ladder hanging lanterns for us! All of my visions came to life and even better than I could have imagined. Although she is very busy working on so many wonderful weddings, I felt like she always responded to emails promptly and made us feel like she cared about our concerns and questions. We can't say enough good things about her, but we HIGHLY recommend Morgan. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 09/02/2015

Megan · Married on 05/23/2015

Morgan and her team are ABSOLUTELY the best of the best. I signed up for the 'day of coordination' with Morgan and got so much more. With a large wedding of around 250 guests, in a fairly new venue, with mostly new vendors to Morgan and the venue as well, with mostly out of town guests - it could not have gone smoother. Besides that, Morgan was the happiest, most reassuring face to see all day. She cares so much about each of her brides, bridesmaids, grooms, groomsmen, family, guests, vendors.

In addition, Morgan has planned most of my friends weddings! I've seen her plan large, glamorous, traditional celebrations and small, intimate gatherings. She has dealt with extremely difficult family situations, less than optimal weather situations, and basically everything in between. I would trust her with any wedding and recommend her to EVERYONE getting married in the southern Indiana area.

Thanks SO much to Morgan and her amazing team.

Sent on 07/07/2016

Heather · Married on 10/18/2014

Working with Morgan was beyond a doubt the best and easiest part of wedding planning. She is incredibly responsive, even on vacation and late at night. She is always cheery and kind in her dealings with myself, family and vendors. She knows all best vendors in the area, and they also complimented her highly. The value was her service was beyond anything I ever expected. She communicated with me and met with me for months before the wedding, on the day of planned all the logistics, did all the set up and decorating with her interns and also did all the clean up and delivery of gifts to our house.

Morgan is such a joy and pleasure to work with. I hope to have the chance to work with her in the future. You WILL NOT regret hiring her. She is truly a professional to the highest standard.

Sent on 01/07/2015

Carmen · Married on 10/11/2014

Was great in every way possible. There isn't anything she can't do!!!

Sent on 01/07/2015

I highly recommend hiring Morgan Banks of Ashley Weddings and Events to support you in planning and realizing the wedding you hope for. Morgan provided reception coordination for my daughter and son-in-law for their early fall state park wedding. They had many family and friends involved in setting up their event, but since neither the bride and groom or any family members lived locally, Morgan's services were essential to pulling everything together on the Day Of.

Morgan is professional and responsive and is an excellent listener. To say she goes above and beyond what would be expected is an understatement. Her team was so helpful in setting up the reception and accomplishing the last minute tasks that made everything ready for the guests when they arrived from the ceremony.

My daughter and son-in-law had the wedding they wanted, and they and their families are grateful they had Morgan and her team to help make it happen.

Sent on 10/02/2014

Debra · Married on 08/23/2014

Our daughter, Kaitlin, was married at McCormick's Creek State Park, near Spencer, IN. Kaitlin lives in Walla Walla, WA and I live in Kansas City, MO. We knew we would need someone local to help us plan Kaitlin's wedding even though the plan was for a small wedding (50-75 guests). The best decision we made was to hire Morgan Banks as our wedding coordinator. Not only was Morgan adept and responsible, she was also a dear person with whom to work. She never lost her enthusiasm for making Kaitlin's wedding the event she desired. In addition, her crew was amazing. Headed by Morgan Hough (affectionately known as Morgan #2), they made the necessary adjustments to move a wedding ceremony originally scheduled for an amphitheater to a park shelter house because of a thunderstorm in less than 20 minutes. The shelter house transformation was so beautiful we all decided you couldn't tell it wasn't the original plan. Kaitlin described it best when she said hiring Morgan was like "renting a best friend to help with your wedding."

Sent on 02/05/2015

Mallory · Married on 08/09/2014

Hiring Morgan from Ashley Wedding & Events was the best decision we made for our wedding! My mom and I 'planned' the wedding, but on the day of, we just wanted to enjoy our day, so we hired Morgan as a 'Day-Of' wedding planner to make sure the whole night ran seamlessly and it absolutely was seamless. We met with Morgan two days before the wedding, discussed our 'vision/timeline' of the day, and Morgan totally did the rest. She showed up earlier than her contract stated, helped decorate, monitored our gift tables, helped everyone find their seats, made sure the whole night flowed together, and the best of all, made sure my family and I enjoyed the night--without ever worrying about a single detail of the reception. Morgan's flexible and friendly attitude made her so easy to work with, and her knowledge of wedding planning made our night unforgettable. I would absolutely recommend Morgan and her staff for any event planning needs in your future!

Sent on 11/11/2014
  • User4320984 · 2+ years ago

Morgan was very responsive in her emails and did everything I had asked of her and more. I don't know what I would have done on my wedding day without her and her team. They handled everything with ease and kept it stress free. Morgan handled my vendors well and had good wedding advice. I would highly recommend using her at Ashley Weddings and Events.

Sent on 08/20/2014

Lissa · Married on 07/19/2014

There is a reason Morgan receives ONLY 5's------she is simply just that good!!!!!!
    If she could receive 10's---she would!!!! I was only the MOG but very involved in doing the flowers and a few other details. She was simply amazing. She is super professional, dependable x 1000, enthusiastic, kind, sweet, tireless, remembers all details, never misses a beat----and that's just the tip of the iceberg. She even made sure the Bride and Groom had a plate full of food in their room after the reception---knowing that they would have probably just nibbled throughout the night.I'm not sure when she sleeps. Don't hesitate for a minute to hire this precious young lady and her crew to do your wedding----the entire wedding or planning/day of.

Sent on 07/21/2014

Ashley · Married on 07/05/2014

Morgan was absolutely incredible! She helped me so much with all of the little details making sure that every little came together just as planned.

Sent on 08/03/2014

Sarah · Married on 06/28/2014

I cannot stress enough how valuable Morgan is during the wedding planning process and on the actual wedding day. I had been back and forth with hiring a wedding planner in the first place since I was very involved with a lot of the planning and thought I could do it all on my own (while working a full time job). I thought wedding planners were for those with a big budget, but in all honesty I'm glad I made the room for Morgan in my budget, it was the best decision that I made. I decided on hiring a planner for "day of planning". I had met with a few planners and none of them came close to the energy and enthusiasm that Morgan had. She honestly wants to go above and beyond for you. Other planners wouldn't do an extra service for you if it wasn't in their listed services. After my experience with Morgan I would suggest incorporating her into your wedding budget. You will not regret it one bit! I needed a planner so that I could focus on my family and friends. The time with them was invaluable to me and Morgan provided me with that extra time with them. Thank you Morgan!!!!! xo

Sent on 07/21/2014

Morgan is a life saver! She executed the entire wedding perfectly! Not to mention she and her team helped us put together our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner! Morgan is absolutely wonderful and I can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 06/28/2014