Ashley Olafsson Photography Reviews

Ashley Olafsson Photography 5
  • Sarah

Sarah VanKirk · Getting married on 10/10/2020

Wonderful Photographer, Stunning Photos

From the minute we started talking to Ashley, she was incredibly sweet and fun. During the engagement session we scheduled with her, she put as at ease and made the whole experience enjoyable- playing upbeat music and telling jokes while also getting to know who we are. Her prompts for us made us laugh and the usual dread involved with taking photos was completely whiped away. She also has an incredible eye for how to frame pictures and utilize natural light- which I love. She also clearly has a good eye for editing. The photos are absolutely stunning. Ashley delivered the pictures quickly and went above and beyond what we expected. Thank you, Ashley!!

Ashley Olafsson Photography 6
    Ashley Olafsson Photography 7
    Sent on 08/06/2019

Ashley Olafsson Photography's reply:

Sarah, you are the best! Thank you so much for your kind words! I absolutely loved working with you & Matt, and am so happy that you loved the photos and the experience!
  • Jayson

Jayson Ruby · Getting married on 10/05/2020

Beautiful engagement photos by an amazing photographer!

We had our engagement photos done by Ashley who was wonderful from the first email to when we received our photos! Unfortunately, we had to reschedule the first time due to weather but she was definitely helpful in suggesting cute ideas if the rain was light and she was flexible when rescheduling. During the session, she made sure we felt comfortable and nearly headed into traffic to capture some of the shots! We saw sneak peeks within a few days and received photos pretty quickly too!

Overall, she did an amazing job! We love our photos and can't say enough good things about our experience!

Ashley Olafsson Photography 8
    Ashley Olafsson Photography 9
    Sent on 06/04/2019

Ashley Olafsson Photography's reply:

Thank you for such a sweet review! I'm so happy I was able to capture your engagement in the cute town of Maynard and we had a rain date arranged. And I'll always do anything for the "shot" for my amazing clients including going into traffic, haha!
  • Michelletill62

Michelletill62 · Getting married on 09/26/2020

Excellent photographer

Ashley is amazing!! She was the first photographer we met with and we knew right away she was the one for us! She has such a lovely personality.
    We had a sunrise engagement at Nantasket beach and she was just great. She made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera.
    We love our photos and get compliments on how great they are.
    We cannot wait to see the amazing photos Ashley takes from our 2020 wedding.
    I cannot say enough good things about her. You cannot go wrong picking her to photograph your special moments.

Ashley Olafsson Photography 10
    Ashley Olafsson Photography 11
    Ashley Olafsson Photography 12

Ashley Olafsson Photography's reply:

Omg Michelle thank you so much for your kind words! I feel so grateful to be photographing you wedding next year! Taking your engagement photos at Nantasket was so much fun and I can't wait to work together again!

Emma Pearson · Getting married on 09/06/2020

Best ever photographer!

Ashley is hands down the best photographer we have EVER worked with!!!! Booking with Ashley will give you all the feels and leave you with NO REGRETS!!!!!! I first booked Ashley for my family’s Christmas photos for my sons first Christmas. Due to the nature of a newborn and their unpredictability/fussiness she was flexible, accommodating, and a pleasure to work with! Since then we have booked her for his 6 month photos as well as our engagement photos, and time and time again we are blown away!!!!!!! Ashley brings life to each shoot. She is funny, encouraging, guides you through each pose, and will deliver your images in such a timely fashion!!! We have had our photos taken with several other photographers but Ashley continually over delivers. She goes above and beyond for each of her clients and will without a doubt pour her whole
    heart into each minute spent with you! DO NOT LOOK BACK!!! Ashley is your go to photographer for everything you need!!!!!!

Sent on 06/06/2019

Ashley Olafsson Photography's reply:

Emma, you are always making me cry with your kind words and I'm so happy you've had the best experience! I'm so glad I was able to capture so many momentous times in your lives that led to your beautiful engagement and can't wait for all the memories I'll be able to capture in the future!
  • Erin

Erin Thompson · Getting married on 06/20/2020

Ashley is awesome!

Ashley is not only a talented photographer but also super friendly and down to earth. She was very responsive from the moment we contacted her and took the time to get to know us, which was really important to us in choosing our wedding photographer. We had to reschedule our engagement session twice due to rain but Ashley was so flexible and accommodating. When we had the chance to have our session (third time was a charm!), Ashley made both of us feel comfortable and had creative ideas for our photos. We are so happy with the way our photos came out and are excited to send out our save the dates soon! We can't wait to have Ashley capture our wedding day next year!

Ashley Olafsson Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your sweet words, Erin! Haha I'm so glad your engagement photos finally worked out and we got to create magic! I'm so excited for your wedding day next year!
  • Lindsey

Lindsey Polansky · Getting married on 06/06/2020

She's so wonderful!

Ashley is so so wonderful! Her photos are simply stunning (my jaw dropped when she sent the final photos) and she made us feel so comfortable throughout the process. She took our engagement photos at the cherry blossoms in DC and somehow managed to capture so many moments without the crowds of tourists (she's magic)!

Ashley Olafsson Photography 13
    Ashley Olafsson Photography 14
    Ashley Olafsson Photography 15
    Sent on 05/31/2019

Ashley Olafsson Photography's reply:

I'm so thankful I got to come to D.C. and capture your engagement! Thank you so much for your kind words, you are seriously the best and I'm so happy you love your photos!

Linnea · Married on 10/12/2019

Wonderful engagement shoot experience!!

We were going back and forth on whether we wanted to get an engagement photoshoot done, and we were sooo happy that we did! Ashley was very professional, super sweet, and made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera. She had some funny tricks to make us laugh and smile naturally. We were amazed with how quickly Ashley gave us back all our photos, and especially impressed how beautiful our photos turned out!! We have used the photos on our Save The Date cards, our wedding website, and will likely have them scattered around our wedding. I highly recommend Ashley to anyone looking for a photographer with a natural eye for beautiful shots and someone who will go above and beyond for their clients.

Ashley Olafsson Photography 16
    Sent on 06/04/2019

Ashley Olafsson Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the absolute sweetest review, Linnea! I'm so glad you decided to get engagement photos taken, it was truly an honor to capture your love and I can't wait to see all the photos printed!

Samantha · Married on 10/12/2019

Never Disappoints

I've known Ashley for a few years now so having her as our photographer was one of the easiest decisions my fiance and I have made so far. She is so flexible, especially with all of my over the top ideas. I love getting to work with her to create something magical. Not only is she extremely professional, but she also knows how to get you to let loose and enjoy your time. While we haven't had our wedding yet we have already done some engagement photos as well as a photo shoot before we were engaged. I would highly recommend Ashley for any occasion!!

Ashley Olafsson Photography 17
    Ashley Olafsson Photography 18
    Sent on 11/02/2019

Ashley Olafsson Photography's reply:

Ah thank you so so much, Sam! Being able to work with you often is always a highlight and so much fun! I love being creative together and I can't wait for your amazing wedding!
  • Charlene

Charlene Fernandez · Married on 09/07/2019

Three ceremonies ❤️

Ashely is An amazing photographer and human! From the beginning she was sweet, kind, and very profesional. She always made time to chat with me and answer any questions I had about our pictures. She let us know for sure we were her priority, and that her desire was to make us happy, and that was so reassuring. Day of Ashely and her second photographer delivered!! They were early and got amazing shots of our wedding day. Honestly the pictures are what I am most grateful for after the turn out of our wedding, every photograph really captured the feelings that were felt that day it’s been almost two months since my wedding day, and every single day I look at my pictures, and I am just amazed at how beautiful they turned out. My husband and mother feel exactly the same way they loved the pictures so much, and my mom also looks at them daily. For my wedding we had three different ceremonies, and Ashley captured each individual feel and moment in a very special way! For our first day as a married couple we received an email from Ashely with a sneak peak of our wedding day, helping us relive the day before and it was so wonderful. After receiving all of the pictures we were able to remember so many things we did not remember had happened, we got to share them with loved ones who also enjoyed seeing beautiful pictures of themselves enjoying life. I will add that her photography website is super organized, prices are displayed accurately, everything was very clear. Then upon receiving all of our pictures everything was in a perfect order making it very easy to find everything. I will for sure always use Ashley for any future special pictures we need to take in the future. She is so flexible and willing to travel. I am grateful to have met her and establish a new friendship, she is beyond thoughtful and caring. We appreciate her authenticity!!!

Ashley Olafsson Photography 19
    Ashley Olafsson Photography 27
    Ashley Olafsson Photography 28
    Ashley Olafsson Photography 29

Ashley Olafsson Photography's reply:

Wow thank you so much Charlene for such a thoughtful and kind review! I appreciate it so much! I'm so grateful I got to be a part of your unique wedding! It was seriously the best day! Thank you again :)

Corie Howarth · Married on 06/29/2019

Blown away!

We were absolutely floored with how beautiful our wedding photos came out! My husband is not a picture taker so I was very nervous how the day would play out especially after choosing not to do an engagement shoot to get to know Ashley. BUT we honestly could not be happier with how the day went, how comfortable we were with Ashley, and how AMAZING our photos came out. I will 100% be recommending Ashley to anybody looking for a genuine, talented and down to earth photographer!

Sent on 07/20/2019

Ashley Olafsson Photography's reply:

Oh my gosh thank you so much, Corie! I'm SO grateful I got to be a part of your special day and appreciate you more than you know!