Ashley Baumgartner Photography & Calligraphy Reviews

24 | Sacramento, CA

24 Reviews for Ashley Baumgartner Photography & Calligraphy

• Lily

Lily Goodell · Married on 10/17/2020

So happy with our choice!

Beyond blessed to have Ashley as our wedding photographer. We have not actually had our wedding yet, but her genuine care for her clients, professionalism, special touches and craft of photography are untouchable. From the moment we hired Ashley we knew we were making the right decision. I promise if you too make that decision, you will continuously be reminded it was the best decision you made. We are in love with our engagement photos and cannot wait to see what else is to come.

Sent on 05/04/2020
  • Amanda

Amanda Castillo · Married on 07/08/2020

Amazingly Talented

Absolutely Amazing!!

There are so many things I could write and say about choosing Ashley to be a part of our (MY) wedding journey. From the initial email “getting to know us” to the time we met for our engagement photos, Ashley is a part of your life, and now a part of my family. She takes into account every single detail and idea that you might even think you have. She knows how to capture the most beautiful light and airy photos I could even imagine.

One thing I can say, is that when you’re picking your photographer, you have to know what “style” of photos that you want. Being that I knew I wanted, light and airy, I knew Ashley was the photographer for me. When my husband and I went to our engagement photo session, this was going to be our first time being in front of the camera, Ashley’s camera at that. Ashley is truly a master at her craft. She told us “If you don’t feel awkward, you’re not doing it right”, and that is the truest thing I’ve come to know. Matter of fact, the more awkward, the more gorgeous the photo is. We had so many amazing photos just from our engagement photos, it was so hard to choose photos to use for our stationary.

Come 2020, we were so excited to be months away from our May 9th wedding. Then as of March 2020 we were on full lock down dealing with Covid-19. We were extremely devastated to have to cancel our bachelor/bachelorette parties, my bridal shower, and eventually postpone our wedding to August 2020. Due to an expiring and kind of expensive Wedding certificate (that we already had) we chose to have a Mini-Mony wedding. Out of the kindness of her heart, Ashley so selflessly came to our mini mony and shot wonderful photos. I am eternally grateful for her kindness and dedication during this time. Finally come August 2020 our Micro-Mony wedding was the real deal with my dress and all. The photos from our gallery were everything I could have dreamed of. I am eternally grateful for Ashley and how attentive to detail she is. She made me feel like the world revolved around me the entire day. I truly believe I have found my photographer for life. We would recommend her for any and everything.

-Amanda & Andrew Castillo

Sent on 10/11/2020
  • Jocelyn

Jocelyn · Married on 05/23/2020

Hire Ashley!

How lucky we were to find Ashley! Partnering with Ashley for our wedding photography was one of the first decisions that we made (about a year before the wedding) so it was amazing that she offered an engagement session so that we could meet her and get comfortable with each other 11 months in advance. Ashley knocked it out of the park for photography. We even hired her to shoot our rehearsal dinner the night before! We will cherish these images forever and I feel so blessed to have been captured in her light. Not only is she amazing at what she does, she is the sweetest person you will ever meet. So thoughtful and always made you feel like you were her most important clients. Love you, Ashley!

Sent on 12/19/2019

Jennifer Hewitt · Married on 02/02/2020

Ashley is the BEST wedding photographer in NorCal!

We are so happy we chose Ashley to be our photographer! She is so talented, warm, and has such great attention to detail! She is the most kind and amazing person! We are so grateful to have met and hired her for our big day! We love that she included an engagement session, which was fun and gave us great photos to use for events leading up to the wedding and our website. On the wedding day, she took amazing photos of all the special details for getting ready and at the venue. Ashley and her assistant photographer were very friendly, organized and efficient. We were able to get photos of all of our loved ones and guests! She didn’t miss a thing! We truly love all of our photos and will cherish these perfectly captured memories for the rest of our lives!

Sent on 06/03/2020
  • Julia

Julia Powers · Married on 11/16/2019

Such a Fun Experience!!

Working with Ashley was amazing. She instantly put us at ease. Her friendly demeanor took a lot of the stress and anxiousness out of the engagement photo shoot. The pictures came so fast as well! In just a few weeks we were able to see images with previews coming much sooner. She was able to listen to us about our desire for warm sunlight and she incorporated this into our photos. We had such a fun time exploring a new location and shooting with her!

Sent on 06/11/2019
  • Tiffanynicholle

Tiffany · Married on 10/12/2019

Amazing!!!!!

I was super dreading picking out my wedding photographer as a wedding photographer myself I knew I was going to be super critical. I literally scoured California and decided to meet with Ashley among a few other photographers. Once we meet her in person for a consultation we knew she was perfect. You can tell she genuinely cares about you and loves what she does. We did our engagement photos at San Francisco city hall, which is so pretty. Ashley such a joyful person that we really enjoy spending time with her on top of how fun she made taking our photos. She was great and made me feel super comfortable in front of the camera, which I’m definitely not usually. So we just got our photos back and can I just say I’m stunned at how amazing the turned out. I’m in love with everything single one of them. If your considering hiring Ashley I can say 100% you will not regret doing so.

Sent on 02/01/2019

Cassidy Krueger · Married on 07/27/2019

Great Experience

Ashley is an absolute joy to work with, she made our wedding experience memorable. She is extremely friendly, professional, reliable, and flexible. We loved how she did an engagement photo shoot with us and also took the time to get to know us. She went above and beyond helping us with other wedding related things, such as helping create a timeline and calligraphy books for us. She offered creative suggestions for posing and adapted cooly when things did not go quite as planned. It was over 100 degrees at out wedding and we had over 60 people for family pictures, yet Ashley was quick and efficient with the photos so we could get back inside to cool off. The final photos turned out beautiful we can’t thank Ashley enough, 10/10 would highly recommend her.

Sent on 09/08/2019
  • Wendy

Wendy · Married on 07/09/2019

You will not regret choosing Ashley!

First, I would like to thank my future hubby’s friend for recommending Ashley as our photographer for our engagement and wedding! I saw their amazing photos from their wedding and really loved her style. But it’s not just the photos that spoke a thousand words, so did the experience! We booked her for an engagement shoot, and she was very flexible about our last minute changes on the date. She also gave great recommendations on locations for shooting as well as outfits to choose for the day. Ashley was so sweet during the whole process! My fiancé and I are usually more camera shy, but Ashley made us feel so comfortable and natural in front of the camera. She was very optimistic, not to mention hilarious, throughout the whole engagement shoot. We definitely had a blast doing it! She knows what to do and say, to get us newbies to strike the right pose. With her expertise, the photos came out looking so professional, it’s like it wasn’t even the first time we did this! We don’t regret it one bit, and we can even say we are open to doing more photoshoots in the future! Cannot wait until the wedding day to do another fun photoshoot and to see even more amazing work from her! :)

Sent on 05/27/2019

Brianna · Married on 05/29/2019

Beyond Amazing!!

To say that our experience with Ashley was beyond amazing is an understatement! She truly is the BEST OF THE BEST. Yes - her photos, attention to detail, edits, and vision are absolutely breathtaking. But her spirit and personality behind the lens are truly what makes working with Ashley so special. We met for a coffee date initially, and she was as sweet as can be. She truly wants to be there for her couples, and is willing to offer wedding advice beyond just photography, and I think that’s so special and unique. We received a preview for our photos within a day or two after our wedding and we were left in AWE going into our honeymoon. When we got our whole gallery back, we made a whole viewing party out of it. Our friends and family who looked through them with us were just as amazed as we were for how beautifully and tastefully everything was captured! I truly believe we are able to re-live our dream day through Ashley’s photography. I could not recommend her enough! Thank you Ashley, for everything you’ve done for us since day one! We couldn’t be happier.

Sent on 10/07/2019

Esmeralda Maciel · Married on 05/24/2019

Absolutely AMAZING!!!

They say pictures are worth a thousand words & a day as special as our wedding day, we needed to find someone who fully loves, breathes photography to capture these moments! This was a challenge, each photographer we interviewed did not have the magic we were looking for. Until we met Ashely. From the moment we met Ashley, we instantly knew she was the wedding photographer for us. Her style is classic, timeless and elegant. Ashely has the best personality, she is easy going and instantly makes you feel comfortable and confident. Her energy matched our enthusiasm for our big day. Our engagement pictures looked straight out of a magazine. Our wedding pictures came out AMAZING! Hiring Ashley to be our photographer was a home run! We cannot stop showing all our family members what a wonderful job Ashely did capturing our biggest day. We very much recommend Ashley.

Sent on 09/02/2019

Alexis Anderson · Married on 05/18/2019

Wow! You NEED Ashley at your wedding...

We came across Ashley on Instagram (after a long search for the perfect photographer) and immediately loved her style and beautiful pictures. From the first point of contact through our wedding she was professional, flexible, kind and supportive. She was a dream to work with the entire time. Ashley went out of her way to ensure that our wedding was perfect and that we got beautiful pictures despite the rain storm that happened upon our outdoor wedding. She rolled with the punches and kept the day moving along smoothly- even sacrificed herself to the rain in order to capture pictures of us. She was positive and a joy to be around. Ashley is so much more than just a wedding photographer. We love her and consider her a friend! She truly cared about our big day and it showed. She made us all feel comfortable during the pictures and was a pro at posing us and making us look our best! Her work speaks for itself but her personality and genuine kindness are what makes her the best. She's our forever photographer! We can't wait to see the rest of the pictures from our big day!

Sent on 05/22/2019

Cortney · Married on 12/30/2018

Ashley is the best! From beginning to end she has been incredible to work with. It all started with a skype call where she got to know us. She asked great questions and more importantly gave us the chance to ask our questions. At the time I was unsure why engagement photos were even necessary. Ashley politely explained that if you can avoid being professionally photographed together for the first time on your wedding day - do it! She said to think of the engagement shoot as a practice round. THANK GOODNESS for that bit of advice. In additional to learning what we do and don't want to do on our wedding day, we now have a gorgeous portfolio of photos of the two of us. During the shoot itself we were both so calm and at ease. We never felt rushed, she went along with all our ideas, she helped position us for the most flattering outcomes, and made it fun! She is truly a gem and we can't wait to spend our wedding day with her as well. If you are looking for an amazing photographer in the Bay Area, you've found one! You can't go wrong with Ashley.

Sent on 09/25/2018

Lena · Married on 12/15/2018

The one vendor you definitely need!

Ashley was the best decision we made when it came to our wedding. She knows how to get you talking, laughing, and feel like you are just hanging with a friend. My husband and I left our engagement shoot with sighs of relief and big smiles. We couldn’t stop talking about how genuine she seems and how it just felt different than our previous session with another photographer. Her chatty nature is just what we needed to relax and stop any worrying.

The proof is in the pudding and we were thrilled with our engagement pics! I was so happy to know that Ashley would be there to shoot our wedding.

Tensions and nerves are high on wedding day and I was grateful to spend an hour with Ashley for our first look and bride/groom photos before the everything started. She was a warm and familiar face that was able to bring the pace back down to calm, cool and collected. Her rave reviews are no mistake. She is someone you need on your team!

Sent on 01/28/2019
  • Kara

Kara · Married on 10/07/2018

The very very best!

Ashley was a dream come true wedding photographer! I stumbled across Ashley’s Instagram and INSTANTLY fell in love with her bright, airy, and natural light photography style! Within minutes of meeting her we could tell she was the perfect fit for our wedding. She is such a happy and joy filled individual who works to always provide her clients with a positive experience from the initial engagement shoot to our wedding day and beyond!

Not only was she amazing the day of our engagement shoot and wedding, she is incredible organized and professional during your time leading up to your wedding and after, which makes you feel 100% at ease!

If you book her... and let me tell you... you should, you will have someone who deeply cares about you and your wedding day. She went the extra mile to ensure each part of our day was captured perfectly.

Our photos turned out better than we could have ever imagined! Ashley makes you feel confident and comfortable on camera. Our photos were absolutely stunning and will provide us with a lifetime of memories from our special day.

Thank you, Ashley for being the absolute best photographer ever!

Sent on 04/26/2019
  • Brianne

Brianne · Married on 09/22/2018

Rood Wedding: October 19, 2019

After recently moving to Sacramento and getting engaged I had no idea where to start with wedding vendors. My good friend (and photographer) helped me find Ashley on Instagram and the rest is seriously history. My husband and I cannot say enough about Ashley. Her attention to detail, bubbly spirit, and gift of photography is truly special and unique. She caught every piece of my husband and my personalities in the photos she took, making them all the more personal and special to both of us. We were so incredibly lucky to have found her and now have beautiful memories that will last a lifetime.

Sent on 11/28/2018

Graciela · Married on 08/18/2018

I recently had engagement pictures taken with Ashley and they came out A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! The shoot itself was so fun and Ashley made both me and my fiancé feel at ease in front of the camera. She led us through poses and made us feel very comfortable as we were laughing and giggling throughout the shoot. We received the photographs earlier than expected and they were literally jaw dropping! So many beautiful emotions were relived all over again. Ashley has incredible talent behind the camera and her sweetness just adds to the total package. I would highly recommend Ashley to anyone in need of a photographer! I cannot wait till she photographs our big day!

Sent on 04/07/2018

Jasmine · Married on 07/21/2018

I connected Ashley through Instagram. It was very very last minute from our wedding (probably 4 weeks before the wedding). Originally we hired another company to be our photographer, but the engagement picture turned out very bad and they wouldn't cancel the contract, so I told Ashely the situation, and she is super super understanding and willing to be our second photographer!!!I I can't tell how appreciated I was, because I know sometimes it could be a little tricky to have two groups of photographers working together.

But Ashley did amazing job at communicating with my first photographer and they worked together really well in the end.

Ashley is soooooo AMAZING and so PROFESSIONAL!!! She arrived early and emailed me the timeline before the wedding. She told me what to prepare and we webcam before the wedding. She is always so happy and thats how she make everyone feels happy and relax. She is really good at her job. I am obsessed with our wedding pictures, and she also wrote a little story for every couple on her blog.
    We love her and will definatly want to work with her again soon <3

Thank you so Ashley!!!!!!

Sent on 09/19/2018

Rebecca · Married on 07/08/2018

The Best Decision

Hiring the photographer for my wedding day were the most important and dreaded decision for me. I am thrilled that I found Ashley! I fell in love with her bright, classic photography style, and that is exactly the kind of photos she delivered! My husband and I are not comfortable behind the camera, but Ashley did a great job at actually making it a FUN experience! I am also very appreciative how responsive Ashley was to all of my emails throughout this process. Ashley was so calm and flexible on the wedding day. At the last minute, I decided I wanted to do a first prayer with my husband-to-be, and she handled it without blinking an eye. I felt like Ashley really listened and made sure to capture everything I wanted. The photos are stunning and I am so grateful to Ashley for providing such precious memories for me!

Sent on 02/21/2019

Brittany · Married on 06/16/2018

What can we say about Ashley other than...WOW. Holy cow, does this little lady take some sensational photos! My wife and I were BEYOND IMPRESSED when we saw the final product. Because Ashely captured every moment of our special day so PERFECTLY we really are going to have memories that will last a lifetime. But here's the best part...Ashely isn't just a talented photographer...she's a workhorse. One of those old-school souls who really invests effort, passion, and TIME into the whole experience. She's not interested in just lazily snapping some photos and getting out of there. She's committed to doing whatever it takes to create the best memories...and really, that's what it's all about. It's not about capturing pictures, it's about capturing memories. Thank you so, so, SO much to Ashely for being a part of our special day. If you get a chance to hire her, don't be a fool...lock her up ASAP as her schedule WILL FILL UP.

Sent on 10/12/2018

Ashley · Married on 06/02/2018

We were so pleased with Ashley’s work on our wedding photographs. Not only are the pictures beautiful, but they really capture the spirit of the day. From the beginning, Ashley was very personable and helped us to relax in front of the camera. She always offered endless support, advice and guidance. We appreciated that she never took us away from our guests for very long, and that she knew all the good spots for photos around the venue. She did a great job, and we would certainly recommend her to others. Thanks Ashley!

Sent on 09/20/2018

Mary · Married on 12/16/2017

We connected with Ashley through Mary’s sister only a few months after we got engaged. Even from the beginning she was professional, warm, and easy to communicate with. She offered us a complimentary engagement shoot where we were able to show her the locations of the ceremony and reception as well as get used to each other’s style. Ashley was very receptive to our requests and gave good directions during the shoot to make the best photos. When it came time for the big day, Ashley was in communication early on to make sure she was well informed of all the details and understood her role. Ashley’s husband helped out with Joshua’s photos with his groomsmen while Ashley worked with Mary and her bridesmaids. During the ceremony, they were respectful of the proceedings. At the reception, they communicated with use frequently about timing and getting all the photos we requested. Even during the dancing and they were pulled into the center of the circle they were good sports and danced along with us. Ashley provided us with beautiful photos to forever remember the day we became a family and we would highly recommend her to document your big day.

Sent on 01/06/2018

Anthony · event on: 01/07/2017

Ashley is an absolute delight to work with! She is very friendly, professional, flexible, reliable and she makes the whole experience easy and fun. She is always on time to shoots, maintains open communication for questions and feedback, and when she quotes a day to have your photos she always delivers. I would definitely recommend Ashley for weddings, engagement photos, birth announcements, anything really! She has not only taken our photos, but also made fancy signs, name plates, and bachelorette favors (personal mugs with everyone’s individual name). She always allows creative input if you have ideas but is happy to make suggestions if you have no preference. Last but certainly not least, her prices are very reasonable. I always feel like we should have paid her more for the satisfaction we have with her products.

Sent on 12/20/2017
  • Ashley

ashley · Married on 02/06/2015

Couldn’t be happier

Our experience working with Ashley for our engagement and wedding photos was flawless! I am so so so happy we went with her. She captured all we wanted and more and knew how to direct our wild group into formation. Her assistant was also excellent. I’m confident you’ll be seeing her work featured in more and more publications! Wish we could do it all over again but looking at the photos certainly suffices! We couldn’t be happier with everything.

Sent on 10/11/2019
  • Felicia

Felicia Dorng · Married on 10/27/2018

Gorgeous calligraphy

Ashley is the biggest sweetheart. And oh so talented and easy to work with. She came highly recommended by our wedding planner and we decided to hire her as our wedding calligrapher. She designed our beautiful invitation suite which we LOVED (vellum wrap, handmade paper, custom map, silk ribbon, personalized wax seal and white calligraphy on dark grey envelopes) — yes we got a bit extra with our invites but we loved how it set the tone for our wedding. My mother especially was so wow-ed by it, she was so proud and excited to send them off to relatives and friends.

What’s great about Ashley is how flexible she is. She listened to what we wanted, and executed on our feedback. For our wedding day, she calligraphed all our guests’ names for both escort cards and placecards (we had 170 guests!) and printed beautiful linen menus for us. We had tons of guests tell us they were so impressed with all the little details of our wedding. Thanks Ashley for all your hard work!!

Sent on 12/13/2018