Ashford Estate Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

• Nicholas
    Nicholas M. Married on 11/22/2019

The Ashford gave me the best day of my life!

My wedding day was literally the best day of my life. I can't thank them enough for all they did for me and my Bride. I will cherish this day forever.
    Kate R. Married on 11/16/2019

Exceptional

The Ashford Estate is truly a fairytale wedding venue. It does not compare to others, the entire Estate is stunning beyond words and the staff are extraordinary.
    Julia A. Married on 09/27/2019

Gorgeous and absolutely stress-free

Where do I even start!? Everything on my wedding day was a dream from start to finish. The grounds are gorgeous. The staff is unbelievable. People are still talking about the food. It really does not get any better than this!! Ashford team - thank you so much for making my wedding day...and all the days leading up to it so amazing and stress-free!!
    Darah Married on 09/21/2019

Truly don't even know where to begin

WOW. I'm speechless. I want to thank Laura, Kelsey, Taylor, Lisa, Kim and SOOOO many more people for making my wedding dreams come true. I couldn't have dreamed of a better wedding. It was SOOOO perfect. The Ashford Estate team is truly the greatest. They are so attentive, loving, caring, special and beyond my expectations. I LOVED WORKING WITH THEM ALL.

WOW! What a fabulous wedding... the joy started and concluded with you at the helm and what a delight you have been throughout the entire process. Thank you for your delightful ways - your smiles, your ability to answer our many queries with kindness and ease, your thoughtful suggestions and guidance and, your amazing calm manner. Everything about working with you was truly wonderful. We are so appreciative of your professionalism and goodness.

The Ashford Estate is a truly magical setting for a wedding... We loved the barn for our ceremony, the beautiful room for our cocktail reception and the magnificent ballroom -- not to mention the amazing sleeping rooms. The food we enjoyed was delicious (although we wish we could have a rerun -- as you already are well aware, hosts don't seem to dine much at their own wedding). All of our guests say the food was terrific. Most importantly, everyone at the Ashford Estate - Kelsey, Lisa, Taylor, Kim (oh how I wish that everyones' names stayed in my brain) was lovely, kind, attentive and in command of the needs and wants of the bride, groom, wedding party, family and all of our guests. Thank you - two small words that we hope fully detail our appreciation.

We truly could not have asked for a better wedding and weekend -- we will ABSOLUTELY RECOMMEND the Ashford Estate to everyone we know. Our night, our weekend was simply magical and our daughter and now new son had the best, most special evening of their lives thanks to all involved with the Ashford Estate. And, additionally, every vendor you recommended was an absolute pleasure and delight to work with as well.

Laura, thank you for making our wedding planning and wedding perfectly magical. We greatly appreciate your effort, your kindness and your talents.
    Maria Married on 11/24/2018

Pinch us - are we dreaming?

We fell in love with the venue the second we drove through the big gated entrance, continued along the long driveway, and witnessed the magic of the barn chapel and estate. Exploring the grounds and the grand ballroom sealed the deal. We toured many venues and not one made us feel as though every single aspect of our big day was covered and well-thought out. Skepticism grew during our year-long wait after initially booking - could this really be as good as it sounds? Yes, Laura and Kelsey made it so. Every worry dissipated and any concerns were settled, always in a timely manner! Our guests have asked us if there is anything we would have done differenlty and we are one of the very few couples to say no, there wasn't. Our big day was nothing short of perfection (and we are the furthest from that normally!). Every single person on staff was incredibly friendly and attentive to us and all of our guests. We couldn't be more appreciative to our day of coordinators, Gianna and Justin, for making every moment special. Our two wonderful new friends Lisa and Taylor made sure we always had a drink in our hand, we were well fed, I never needed to hold my own dress, and that my husband's pants stayed up :). Every detail was executed with such warmth and care, and it showed all night long. "Best wedding ever" was ringing through the halls and we owe a big deal of that to the amazing staff at the Ashford Estate. The estate and grounds are beautiful, no one can ever argue that, but the people who work here make this the potential to be your dream venue.
    Stephanie Married on 10/19/2018

Truly remarkable!

My husband and I couldn’t have imagined getting married anywhere more beautiful and more perfect. The area, the grounds, the staff, everything was just simply divine! Working with Laura and Kelsey couldn’t have been any easier. Their professionalism and their attentiveness did not go unnoticed! They answered every email/call extremely fast. Even details of the wedding they helped to make our day extra special! Our bridal attendants were just amazing. They didn’t let my train hit the floor once while we were taking pictures on the grounds. I had a migraine, and within minutes she had come with a cup of coffee for me. I couldn’t even begin to tell you the compliments we’ve received saying it was the best wedding they’ve ever been to and the best wedding venue they’ve ever seen. If you’re thinking of getting married at Ashford Estate, you won’t regret it!
    Nora Married on 09/07/2018
    I really don’t even know how to start this review because I feel I’m going to get super emotional…The Ashford Estate is one of the most sought after venues to have your wedding for a reason, they are literally THE BEST IN THE BIZ! Laura, Kelsey, & Debbie are an absolute dream team to work with. Those 3 ladies are so incredibly genuine, amazing, and talented, there are just not enough thank yous I can give to them and everyone there. Every person who went to our wedding said it was the best and most fun wedding they had ever been to and I owe it all to them! The flow of the day was an absolute fairy tale, the food was delectable and sensational, and it really felt like our home for the whole day and night. If I could relive that day and night over a million times I would! Thank you Ashford Estate for everything, you are all simply wonderful!
    Also, I cannot forget to thank my girls Taylor(Weather Vibes) and Alex(Bustle Queen) for helping me that day, you two were the best :)
  • W
    W Married on 09/02/2018
    I had my wedding at the Ashford Estate in September 2018. This venue is obviously stunning and immaculately maintained, but what you don't see in the photos is how PERFECT the staff is. Everyone, from Merri-makers to the cleaning crew to the bridal attendants, was professional and extremely competent. Kelsey, our coordinator, was super organized, kind, and responsive, no matter what time it was. She checked in with me throughout the night and was so energetic and sweet the whole time, even though she had probably seen hundreds of weddings in her years working at the Ashford. Laura and Debbie were a pleasure to work with during the planning process. My dozens of emails were always answered promptly and thoroughly. My bridal attendants, Lisa and Taylor (might have mis-remembered her name) were so incredibly kind and hardworking. They kept offering me water with a straw during photo sessions, held my veil, and offered umbrellas when it drizzled a bit. I didn't even know that I would have bridal attendants so they were a very pleasant surprise. Everyone raved about how fantastic the staff was and it really made all the difference. In addition, the grounds are spectacular and everything is kept meticulously clean. I can't imagine how hard it must be to keep everything so spotless when there are weddings every weekend. Everyone was so impressed at how many different beautiful areas the venue has, from the majestic gates to the barn chapel to the huge reception hall. Even the bathrooms are gorgeous. There are so many places to take amazing photos. The bedrooms are so luxurious. My guests said that they only wished they had enough time to explore every area. Decor-wise, it's great that the chapel is completely white on the inside so you can easily customize it to your color palette and design preferences. The venue also has plenty of easels (for signage) and tables you can borrow, which I didn't realize until the week before the wedding. They truly thought of everything.
    Kyle Married on 07/20/2018
    By far the best place you will EVER get married. Period. Every single person that works there truly has a passion for making your day perfect! Laura is by far the nicest/most helpful person you will ever meet she made everything so smooth! The estate is breathtaking, every single guest was amazed by how perfect the grounds were (butterfly’s everywhere, flowers on point) The cocktail and reception rooms were set up absolutely perfect they really looked breathtaking. I have been to a lot of weddings and NONE were set up this nicely! If you get married anywhere else then get invited to a wedding at the Ashford you will truly regret not checking the place out! Honestly 100% best decision we ever made!
    Lindsay Married on 04/28/2018
    Where do I even begin? The moment I stepped foot at the Ashford Estate, I knew it was where I was going to get married. From day one, Laura was such a pleasure to work with and I felt completely at ease in all of my wedding planning. She was available for any questions I had and helped us plan our incredible event, down to every last detail. On the wedding day, there was not a single thing I would have changed. Kelsey did such an amazing job making sure everything went smoothly. Lisa was the BEST bridal attendant that exists (I truly believe that) - I don't think I could have gotten through the day without her. There is not enough to say about how perfect this venue is and I would recommend it to any couple who truly wants the dream wedding that everyone will talk about for years and years to come.
    John C. Married on 03/24/2018

Wedding Magic!

Having hosted our daughter’s wedding at the one-of-a-kind Ashford Estate,
    we found the stunning elegance of this venue equal to the culinary expertise of Rick Bott and his Merrimakers team! These are wedding professionals deserving of your utmost confidence. There was attention to every detail of food quality, taste and presentation. All staff members had that intangible hospitality gene for serving guests with a generous spirit and dignity. These included the strolling servers, the bartenders, the wait staff, the early morning breakfast crew, the cleaning staff and the after party bartenders, to name a few. Laura, who was our main contact, was an absolute pleasure to work with and was an integral part of our decision to choose the Ashford Estate. She helped ease and simplify the decision making process and her recommendations were spot on. We found her confidence contagious and quickly felt comfortable to allow these amazing professionals do what they do best – make all the memory magic happen. Our hearts are grateful and full. It was the event of our dreams. Thank you Ashford Estate and Merrimakers!
    Meredith Married on 07/29/2017
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!! From the moment we stepped out of the car we knew that the Ashford Estate was the venue for us. Throughout the course of wedding planning everyone was a dream to work with!
    The grounds are stunning, the converted barn/chapel was a dream location for our ceremony, my bridal attendants: Taylor & Lisa were FABULOUS, as were Kelsey and Laura who helped us plan out every detail of the day! Did I mention that they were super patient and accommodating?! We had so many questions and never once did they get annoyed with us -- they graciously, and quickly, answered every question. This was the most perfect place for us to celebrate our marriage and we will forever be grateful for all that the Ashford provided us with.
    Ashley Married on 05/12/2017
    Words cannot describe how exceptional The Ashford Estate is. From day 1 Laura was by our side for every step of the way, we truly could not have done it without her. She not only provided exceptional service, she is genuinely a very kind person who made us feel so special and cared for. Our wedding day we were treated like royalty by the entire staff making sure we had each and everything thing we needed. Making sure we were eating, drinking and enjoying ourselves. Our guests are still raving about the food, service and beautiful estate. We would recommend The Ashford Estate to anyone and wish we could do it all over again ??
    Caitlin Married on 12/03/2016
    We had my wedding reception at The Ashford in December 2016, and also had our wedding party stay at the house over night. We couldn't have been happier with all aspects including: the responsiveness from Laura, the on site coordinator between The Ashford and MerriMakers, and the day of coordinator, Gianna, who was incredibly flexible, kind, organized and gracious. CJ was also assigned to our wedding and stayed throughout the after party and was incredibly kind and helpful. The Ashford provided outstanding service at all points of the night - from welcome drinks, to cocktail hour, the reception and after party. Food and drinks at both the cocktail hour and the reception - including desert - were superb. We loved how flexible the caterers were with changes we wanted in order to personalize the menu options, and how Laura worked so closely with us and our other vendors in order to ensure that our vision for the space came to life. For example, we wanted to get creative with the floor plan, during both the cocktail hour and reception, and Laura and Gianna were more than happy to work with us. In addition, we wanted to personalize our after party menu that Ashford hosted and MerriMakers catered, and not only were they willing to do this, but we were extremely pleased with the amount and quality of food at the after party. We had a little over 250 guests at our wedding and it was a very comfortable fit. They also do an incredible job of making the bride and groom, as well as their families, enjoy every minute of the night by taking care of every "Behind the scene" moment and coordination the day of. The Ashford provides a bridal attendant who helps the bride with any and all individual needs upon arrival. Lisa was assigned to our wedding and she was so kind, thoughtful accommodating. Lastly, we found all of their vendor recommendations very reliable. We got our wedding cake vendor and florist through recommendation from Laura, and we were extremely happy.
    Emily Married on 11/04/2016
    My husband and I got married at the Ashford Estate and it was perfect ! As soon as I pulled in I knew that this is where my wedding would be. We had our wedding booked before we drove away that day, and it was one of the best decisions we made. Laura from Merri-Makers was so amazing throughout the whole process. They give you a list of preferred vendors and it is so helpful. The Studio Photographers, Magnolia, and Merri-makers all work together so well that I didn't even have to worry about anything leading up to my wedding day. We were able to customize our menu, and even had a special entree for my father and husband. One of my favorite parts of my wedding day though was having Kelsey, Taylor, and Lisa as my Maitre'd and bridal attendants. I felt like I was walking around with my best friends. I can't even say enough great things about just spending the day with them. The whole staff at Ashford and Merri-makers is like nothing I've ever experienced. They made me and my whole family so at ease and happy. I am forever grateful for having the opportunity to have my wedding at Ashford and creating the most amazing memories.
    Casey Married on 09/16/2016
    My husband and I got married at The Ashford Estate on September 16, 2016 and it truly was a fairytale wedding! From the amazing grounds, to the wonderful staff, to the amazing food, everything was just absolutely perfect. We couldn't have asked for a better wedding! The staff was so professional and attentive and made my day completely stress-free. From the start of the planning process, Laura was absolutely amazing! She always made herself available to answer all of our questions that we had and truly made the wedding planning easy! She was there on our wedding day to make sure everything went as planned. Gianna, as well as all of the wedding attendants (I have to mention Taylor as well), were by my side the entire day and were so pleasant and helpful! Our wedding was truly a dream come true! Our family members and guests are still raving about how wonderful our wedding was! Thank you to all of the staff at Merri-Makers for all of your hard work in making our day so magical! It was by far the best day of our lives!! The Ashford Estate is hands down the best venue in the Tri-State area and we would highly recommend it to every couple!!
    Danielle Married on 09/03/2016
    Our wedding was on September 3rd, 2016! We had the most fantastic and memorable day at The Ashford Estate. From the beautiful landscapes, to the gorgeous barn where we had our ceremony, are to die for! The main estate and ballroom are out of a fairytale, for sure! Our day was just magical! This venue is truly a spectacular place. Everywhere you look there is a gorgeous 'backdrop'. That helps when you have an amazing photographer like Kay English. Our photos are absolutely gorgeous with the help of these gorgeous grounds The Ashford Estate has!
    The entire process was amazing as well. We worked with Laura, who was fantastic the entire time. From phone calls and emails, to our meetings leading up to the day, it was all such an enjoyable process. The entire Ashford Estate and Merri-Makers team make the planning extremely easy and incredible. Taylor and Lisa were our bridal assistants. Helping me out all morning, then attending to my husband and I the entire evening. So eager to help and make our nights as enjoyable as possible. They were absolute dolls, too!
    The 12 beautiful suites they accommodate in the main estate are pristine in every way possible. Each room has its own decor style and feel. The bridal suite is such a dreamy room. We loved staying here and so did our guests.
    Merri-Makers did an awesome job as well! The food was out of this world amazing! From cocktail hour, up until our dessert displays, everything was on point! Our guests were in awe with every detail during cocktail hour. Our dinner courses were spectacular!!!
    You will not regret having your gorgeous wedding day at The Ashford Estate! We highly recommend it!
    Stephanie Married on 06/25/2016
    Our wedding was on June 25, 2016 at the Ashford Estate and we could not have been more pleased, especially with the service of all the staff. Laura, with Merri Makers, answered every question we had in a very timely manner, throughout the entire planning process. Kelsey, our Maitre'D ensured that every detail was executed and Lauren and Lisa, my bridal attendants, made me feel extra special and were a huge help in making me feel at ease. The food was excellent and Neptune Liquors was very accommodating throughout the process.

We stayed on the premise of the Ashford overnight and the rooms were extremely clean and comfortable. In the morning we were pleasantly greeted by more Ashford staff who assisted with packing up items and politely offered coffee and tea for remaining guests.

I would recommend this venue to any bride if you would like 5-star service!
  • User2709177 2+ years ago
    Do yourself a favor and book the Ashford Estate! Absolutely beautiful grounds, estate, and barn. We did our entire wedding day on premise and stayed overnight in the suites. I truly felt as though the Ashford Estate was my house for the day, which made for an even more special experience. My guests were impressed by the grandeur of the Estate, and by the service of the Merri Makers staff. I can't recommend this place enough!
  • User2518392 2+ years ago
    My now husband (!!!) and I got married at the Ashford Estate last weekend. From the very beginning planning stages through the day after the wedding the staff at Ashford were absolutely amazing!!! I cannot speak highly enough about the entire experience. Laura D. helped us plan the entire day and she was incredibly helpful, insightful, and accommodating. She helped to ensure that we had the best vendors, helped us to pick out the menu during the tasting event, and made sure that every single thing ran smoothly on the day of the wedding. The Ashford Estate in itself is absolutely magical. We held the ceremony on site in the barn, then did cocktail hour in the conservatory and library, and also had an after party in the library after the reception ended. The entire staff was so nice and helpful and my bridal attendants throughout the day were incredible. They had a tide stick in hand during a food stain emergency, they made sure that my husband and I ate dinner, and even stood outside in the cold with me during pictures to hold onto my jacket. The food from Merri-Makers catering was delicious and so many of our guests have told us that it didn't taste like your typical wedding food. We served our meal family-style and all of our guests were so pleased with it. The entire catering company and staff were very careful and accommodating with many food allergies and they even brought tables seconds without being asked. Being able to stay on-site the night of was also key. The bridal suite is one of a kind and all of the guest rooms are incredibly nice and clean. It was so nice being able to get ready in one place and then stay that night. Overall I cannot say enough about our entire experience at Ashford. My wedding day was hands down the best day of my life and so much of that has to do with being at the perfect venue. If I could do it all over again I would in a heart beat. If you can afford it I absolutely recommend getting married at Ashford!!!
  • User2474071 2+ years ago
    If you are searching for a truly spectacular wedding venue, look no further! The Ashford Estate is the MOST stunningly beautiful venue around. We just had our wedding there last weekend and the day played out like a real fairytale. Everything went flawlessly. Laura is an absolutely pleasure to work with. She helped to make the planning process so easy and fun. Her and the rest of the staff were incredible the day of. They are extremely helpful and you get treated like king and queen. We are still hearing reviews from our guests about the "best wedding" they've ever been to.
    I would highly recommend using their preferred vendors. They are all true professionals who throw weddings at the Ashford all the time and they know what works and what doesn't. We are so lucky to have been able have our wedding here. Once you see this venue, nothing else will compare to it!
  • User2371569 2+ years ago
    Everything about the Ashford Estate is perfect! The moment you drive into the estates grounds you are welcomed with a tree lined driveway that leads you to the beautiful estate and chapel/barn. This place is perfection and the only way to value you that is to pay a visit! The staff at the venue executed our wedding perfectly and there was not one detail that was missed.

There are 12 sleeping rooms in the estate so you and your family can stay overnight and have a farewell breakfast the next day. The flow of the venue works so well.. Guests arrive to the barn for the ceremony, they are then escorted to cocktail hour which is an exquisite room with picturesque views of the grounds. After cocktails you are brought into the reception hall which exemplifies elegance. The venue is an absolute fairytale - no other venue even comes close to comparison!
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth Married on 07/25/2015
    The Ashford Estate is everything you would want in a wedding venue! The grounds are so beautiful well tended to. The people that work there are so remarkable, and I am so grateful for all of the hard work they put in to make our wedding so fun and memorable. Laura is phenomenal and attentive. Geri was our Maitre D' and she is just amazing and so professional! Everything about the Ashford is perfect.
    Lauren Married on 06/14/2014
    Everything from the grounds, to the architecture, to the hospitality was simply perfect! I felt like such a princess on my wedding day! Everyone was taken away by the breathe taking ballroom, and all of our guests were blown away by the detail in every room! Not to mention the bridal suite! What an amazing day! Thank you everyone who was there to make it happen!!
    Debra Married on 05/17/2014
    An absolute fairy-tale come true. This venue is amazing. From the phenomenal views to the professional staff, our wedding could not have been more perfect. Not one thing went wrong and I owe that to the staff at the Ashford Estate. Thank you for making our wedding day entirely memorable!!