Ashford Acres Inn Reviews

21 | Cynthiana, KY

21 Reviews for Ashford Acres Inn

Rose Mason · Getting married on 07/13/2021

Hoping to book my wedding with them

they’ve been great to work with so far. I still have a while until I have to book my wedding but I can’t wait.

Sent on 07/24/2019
  • Rick

Rick Dwyer · Getting married on 11/07/2020

Extremely responsive and adaptable! Wonderful Day!

The staff at Ashford Acres Inn is tremendous! They were so helpful and flexible during the ups and downs of the pandemonium the last several months. They had their finger on the pulse of Kentucky which tremendously helped us plan a wedding two states away. They let us know new guidelines as they were developed. The grounds were immaculate! The food at both the rehearsal dinner and the reception was amazing! The staff was extrememly professional, adjusting on the fly as necessary. Annastasia, Hope and Ally are the best!

Sent on 07/15/2020
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Renee Coleman · Married on 10/05/2019

Dream Wedding

I have always been drawn to the picturesque towns of New England. Most of the appeal comes from the charming inns that sit on beautiful properties. During the process of planning my wedding, I looked for places in Vermont that fit the image I had in my head, but getting close family and friends from Kentucky to Vermont was not going to be easy. At last, I gave up and started looking for places closer to home. I couldn’t believe it when I came across Ashford Acres Inn. The house and grounds reminded me of a New England property and could not have been more beautiful if it had been set in New England. From the moment of the first tour of Ashford Acres, I knew that this was the place I had been dreaming of for my wedding. The house is full of charm and warmth. The rooms are spacious, beautifully decorated, and most importantly, clean! The grounds are well kept and the staff friendly and accommodating. From the first meeting with Annastasia to the last , She was courteous, patient, listened to my ideas, and embraced any change or idea with the response of “ It’s your day”, or “Absolutely”, or ‘No Worries”. From changing my mind about the flower arrangements, to the last minute add ons , Annastasia was always on top of every detail. She is organized, detailed, kind, and happy to help in any way she can. We told her my idea for the reception, and even though we had a small crowd, the space looked amazing! She decorated the dessert table gorgeously and executed the idea for the reception table flawlessly. The ceremony space was one that had not been used on the property before, but Annastasia and her staff made sure it was set up exactly as I had wanted. I cannot say enough good things about this inn or the staff. If you are looking for a picturesque place to have your wedding, that makes your family and friends feel welcome, your search is over. Ashford Acres will turn your dreams into a reality !!!

T & S Boyd
    Wedding date 10/05/2019

Sent on 10/15/2019
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 09/21/2019

Dream venue

Ashford is full of the wedding magic that you see in movies. Hope and Anastasia were so easy to work with and they regularly checked in with us. They just built a new event barn that is state of the art. I couldn’t imagine a better place to have had our wedding!

Sent on 09/23/2019

Molly Ann DeArmond · Married on 08/31/2019

Wouldn't Choose Anywhere Else

It's hard to put into words how wonderful our experience with Ashford was. All throughout the planning process, our coordinators (Hope, Annastasia, and Haley) made it clear how flexible the entire venue is, and how personalized to our tastes and whims they could make the whole affair. No other venue we looked at offered the same combination of comfort, convenience, seclusion, flexibility, affordability, and beauty. It's pretty without feeling stuffy, it's quiet and peaceful without being a two-hour drive, and the ability to sleep your wedding party there is an enormous plus (we offered the remainder of our guests a shuttle service to one of the nearby hotels in Georgetown).
    For the planning of the event, Hope just made the whole thing feel easy and relaxed. There's a lot to be said for a planner who, while allowing you to pick exactly how you might want things, has a cleaely strong enough aesthetic sense that you can trust them with all the details you don't care to deal with yourself.
    Onto the event itself: With any other venue, it might have been a disaster (a hurricane-force hailstorm appeared and headed straight for us with perhaps five minutes of warning, as the bride was walking down the aisle). However, despite having spent the entire morning setting up a beautiful outdoor reception, Ashford's staff ran through the storm to move all of the decor into the event barn, while all of our guests relaxed inside the inn. In short, they turned an outdoor reception into an indoor one in under an hour, making it as beautiful as it would have been outside, and displaying nothing but professionalism and skill.
    If you book with Ashford, you are pretty much guaranteed your dream wedding.

Sent on 09/09/2019
  • Summer

Summer Taylor · Married on 07/20/2019

Absolutely perfect and beautiful in every way

The venue of Ashford Acres is absolutely gorgeous with matching southern charm. There is a not a corner of the Ashford Acres’ grounds that is not beautiful and perfect for any of your wedding day desires/pictures. For example the Inn has a beautiful covered porch with tall, white columns that was perfect for our ceremony. The Inn also has a brand new barn, that is a blank canvas that compliments any color scheme or decoration idea that you would want for your wedding. I personally used the white barn for our reception and had tons of greenery, accents of blue, and antique brass candlesticks for my decor. The Inn also has a beautiful veranda shaded by a magnolia tree that looks out onto the grounds and farmland behind Ashford Acres. My family used the veranda for our awesome breakfast (french toast and waffles) catered by Ashford Acres. The grounds are also covered with beautiful foliage that keeps everything shaded and breezy which makes everything feel and look nice for any season. And last but not least, EVERY room at the Inn is beautiful with the softest beds, and bathrooms that make you feel like you’re at a spa.

The beautiful historic grounds and amenities are also matched with the wonderful wedding experience of having a full weekend long stay at a bed and breakfast. Ashford Acres has a talented and hospitable staff that makes you feel like family. Ashford Acres Inn truly is a place where time slows down because this is a place where you and your family will not lift a finger. Instead, you will make continual memories and experience true southern hospitality, service, and food by the Ashford Acres staff.

My wedding was absolutely beautiful and relaxed. It was just the most perfect day and weekend for my new husband and I, my family, and guests. And it was all made possible by my highly organized wedding coordinators and Ashford Acres managers Annastasia and Hope. I cannot say enough how much Ashford Acres is a hidden gem that I am glad I found! If you want a perfect and stress-free wedding experience, this is your venue.

Sent on 07/23/2019

Kayla Byrd · Married on 06/29/2019

AMAZING venue and staff

Ashford Acres was the perfect wedding venue! It is STUNNING from every angle (my personal favorite spot is the back veranda) and has the best staff with Annastasia and Hayley. They truly can make anything happen to fit your vision. We loved everything about this place and plan to come back for an event every year.

Sent on 09/30/2019

Ashley Gurley · Married on 05/18/2019

KY Estate Wedding - Perfection!

We always knew that we wanted our wedding to have a more "Kentucky Estate" feel but without the chaos and additional costs of being so near Lexington. Ashford Acres was the PERFECT setting for our special day! It was close enough to Georgetown and Lexington that it was a convenient location, but it was far enough away that you could set your own pace. That was honeslty the most important thing to us as a couple. We spend so much of our lives rushing around between jobs and everything else that our days demand; that we wanted our special day to be truely at our own pace. Everyone tells you how the day is a blur and how so much of it flies by, and it did go quickly; but thanks to our wonderful wedding planner (Bit by Bit Events) and the amazing staff at Ashford Acres there wasn't a moment of the day that went by without making an impact on us. The details are crisp to us, as Ashford worked out everything with us ahead of time. Every moment can be tucked safely away for us to enjoy for many years to come. Some of our family LOVED staying at the establishment ahead of time and our guests are still complimenting us on the natural beauty of the location. This is absolutely the perfect canvas for a wedding!! The food was great; and we loved having the rehearsal dinner on site! It can be as big or as small, and as fast or as slow paced as you like, and no matter what Ashford is the perfect setting! The managers Annastasia and Hope are the type to do everything in their power to make your special day everything that you imagine for it to be.
    When it comes right down to it our advice is, if you have read this much of our review and your looking at Ashford just stop looking elsewhere, pick up the phone and call them! Tell them your fears, your dreams and your vision then sit back and watch them make it real. It is a treat! We plan on going back every year near out anniversary just to remember the lights over the dance floor, the smiles and laughs of our loved ones and when it was all done, the sight of nature joining the party as the fireflies twinkled over the field behind the property. If you're looking for the perfect venue, this is it!

Sent on 06/21/2019

Melanie · Married on 09/29/2018

The staff was extremely helpful and willing to do anything we asked them for. When my daughter or I came up with suggestions or ideas, they would come up with ways to make them work. I tell my friends they are the best kept secret in Cynthiana! They gave us a selection of options to fit any budget we wanted. It is also incredibly beautiful that Little decorating was required. One of my favorite perks was that when we booked it as my daughter’s venue, we received all the rooms for the weekend. It was a great! All the wedding party stayed after the rehearsal and had fun. Then Ashford Acres serves them breakfast and they spent the day getting ready for the wedding. Unbelievably, the staff cleaned the rooms during the reception and out of town guests stayed in the rooms after the reception and received breakfast the next morning.....all at NO extra charge!! It was the perfect place for a beautiful wedding!!! Can’t say enough good things about them! You should at least go for a visit and see for yourself. And did I mention, they not only set everything up for us but they had it all cleaned up and boxed up by the morning?? That’s a definite plus!

Sent on 10/04/2018

Pam · Married on 09/01/2018

I feel one the best decisions made during the wedding planning process was choosing Ashford Acres Inn as the venue for my daughter's wedding! The beauty of Ashford both inside and out is a sight to behold and the customer service we received was incredible! Annastasia and her staff were professional in every way and absolutely wonderful to work with. She was prompt with answers to all questions and worked so hard to make the bride and groom's vision come to life. From our guests, we received so many compliments on the food, service, and the lovely grounds. Ashford Acres Inn is a gem, we could not be happier! Please visit this Kentucky treasure..........

Sent on 09/16/2018
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Carr · Married on 08/25/2018

Everything we had hoped for and more!

We fell in love with Ashford Acres right away and could not have asked for a better outcome for our small wedding! The venue is absolutely beautiful and so full of character. Our big day turned out to be everything we had hoped for and more! The staff at Ashford Acres went above and beyond to make our day special and took extra care to accomodate our guests needs. Special thanks to both Hope and Anastasia! We can't wait to visit again!!

Sent on 01/17/2019

Emily · Married on 06/09/2018

It’s so hard to put into words my love for Ashford Acres. Annastasia truly made my dream wedding come true. I am forever grateful for her and the Ashford Acres crew for their kindness and hospitality. They created a stress free weekend so that I could sit back and enjoy every moment. Annastasia made sure every detail was to perfection. I found my little piece of heaven here at Ashford Acres.

Sent on 07/11/2018

Christine · Married on 05/26/2018

From the moment we stepped foot on the property, we were treated like family. We were here for my daughters wedding weekend and we stayed here with the bridal party. I can not say enough about how wonderful the staff were to us. Every moment spent on this property was a treasure we will never forget. The grounds are beautiful. The housing immmaculate and amazing. The people, a jewel you can not find in most resorts! We will be back each year as our reunion is close by in Carlisle KY. 5 star service all the way around! Thank you for a wonderful experience.:)

Sent on 06/06/2018

Dwight · Married on 04/28/2018

We had our Wedding reception at Ashford Acres April 29,2018 and everything was exceptional including venue,food,service,and staff !!!!!! We stayed the night in the cottage which was a great way to end the evening.We love the Inn and have memories to cherish for the rest of our lives. Thanks, Dwight and Mary
    Jane Lewis

Sent on 05/27/2018

Mariah · Married on 04/08/2018

Our wedding was absolutely perfect thanks to the wonderful staff at Ashford Acres. From the very beginning to the end, they were there to help with every little detail. Annastasia, the amazing Inn Manager, was very prompt in communication throughout all stages of the planning process. She also found other wonderful local vendors to help make our day perfect. Her assisant, Hope, also played a significant part during the last planning stages and day of the wedding. We can not thank them both enough. The venue provided food catering and the wedding cake, which our guests are still bragging about! They assisted with rehearsal (definitely add in the wedding day coordinator to ensure a smooth ceremony) and rehearsal dinner. The bridal party along with other guests thoroughly enjoyed their overnight stays and breakfasts at the Inn. Everyone felt relaxed and at ease during their stay and did not want to leave. Aside from the wonderful service, the ambiance and overall gorgeous scenery of the house and nature around it sold us to pick this venue for our special day. I couldn't imagine my wedding at any other venue and I would highly, highly recommend this venue to any future brides out there. You will not be disappointed with anything. We look forward to going back to celebrate future anniversaries!

Sent on 04/16/2018
  • Samantha

Samantha Ruse · Married on 02/01/2018

Excellent jewelry

If you love jewelry this is the place you have been looking for all of your life. There is so much beautiful jewelry here, I always find something I love and you can see exotic gemstones that you have never seen before. There are no kinder people out there and they show me so much patience. I appreciate them so much.

Sent on 04/15/2019

Betsy · Married on 10/14/2017

My husband and I recently held our wedding ceremony and reception at Ashford Acres. We cannot say enough positive things! From the moment we stepped on the property for our first visit, we knew it was the perfect place for our special day. The staff is phenomenal and was so responsive to our every question and need. They really went above and beyond from Day One to make our event perfect. The food was amazing; we had a hard time deciding what to serve at our reception, as everything we sampled was excellent. We held our ceremony on the front steps of the mansion and our reception in the outdoor space to the right of the home. The lights in the trees and the veranda, along with lighted candles on the tables, really made everything so romantic and just truly lovely. We received so many compliments and kind words from our guests about the venue, the staff, and the ambience they helped create.

The guest rooms are incredible. My husband's family is from out of town, so it really was perfect for them to be able to stay on-site. My sister and I stayed in the Oak Suite the night before the wedding and the bridesmaids got ready in our room. The bed and all the pillows were so comfortable! The mansion has been beautifully restored to include original details while incorporating modern luxuries, such as an amazing tiled shower. We seriously did not want to leave and all remarked frequently how we wished we could stay forever! Breakfast each morning of our stay was delicious, with so many different choices. The staff was kind enough to bring a fruit tray to our room as we were getting ready for the ceremony. They were intuitive and anticipated our every need. They even brought my husband and I take-out boxes to the Garden Suite so we could eat after the reception and have a piece of cake.

If you choose Ashford Acres Inn as your wedding and/or reception venue, you will not be disappointed. I am looking forward to hosting another event there soon!

Sent on 11/09/2017

Cat · Married on 09/09/2017

Wedding of Colby Hoskins & Alexa Butler -
    Our experience at Ashford Acres was simply heavenly. My nephews wedding to the girl of his dreams was as close to perfect as one could imagine. We were pampered from the moment we arrived until our time to leave - we wanted to STAY FOREVER! These individuals went above and beyond, worked nonstop, provided anything needed (day or night), dealt with all of the family stress & drama with a smile and created the wedding of our beautiful brides dreams. It was the experience of a lifetime, and we will cherish the memories forever. Thanks you guys - we love you!!

Sent on 09/11/2017

Ashford Acres Inn's reply:

We are so thankful Colby and Alexa chose to share their special day with us, and we are so happy to hear you enjoyed your experience here at Ashford Acres! Thank you for your kind review! We hope you will come back to visit us!

Alexa · Married on 09/09/2017

Ashford Acres Inn was a Dream! Not only is it beautiful, but the staff will go above and beyond to make you wedding planning and wedding day perfect! I could not be happier with the service we have received. I would recommend anyone with an upcoming wedding to make the trip to Ashford Acres. I promise you would not regret it :)
    Thanks so much,
    Mr. and Mrs. Hoskins

Sent on 11/28/2017

Sadie · Married on 09/02/2017

I had my wedding at Ashford Acres Inn in early September 2017. I can't begin to explain how wonderful the venue and the staff were to me and my fiancé. They perfected every single detail that I asked them to, and beyond. The catering was phenomenal, the server's were the sweetest, and my wedding cake was gorgeous and extremely delicious! They made my wedding dreams come true, and that is an understatement. Our wedding pictures were a dream with the 62 acres of farmland in the background, and the 2 acres around the house where our reception was held was a dreamland with all of the lights strung on the trees and veranda poles. I will be returning to Ashford Acres Inn for many years to come for anniversaries and family get-togethers after my wedding experience was so fabulous!

Sent on 10/22/2017
  • W

Whitney · event on: 05/21/2017

I dined and stayed at Ashford Acres when I attended a friend's birthday that was catered and hosted at this Bed & Breakfast. Everything was impeccable. All food was made in house and the portions were huge. Food was AMAZING. The waitstaff and manager were lovely and professional and put on a great party.

Since I traveled from so far, I wanted to make a weekend out of it and it was so nice that they had enough rooms to accommodate me, family and friends. I like nice hotels and this Bed & Breakfast did not disappoint. In fact, the size of the room, the comfort of the bed, the A/C and the other amenities they offered... this is the nicest B&B's I have stayed in!! The decor cannot be beat. Im a sucker for cool light fixtures and antiques...

Would definitely recommend an event or even a nice getaway if traveling in the area!!

Sent on 05/24/2017