Asa Waters Mansion Reviews

17 | Millbury, MA

17 Reviews for Asa Waters Mansion

• Robyn

Robyn Scalley · Getting married on 07/10/2022

Asa Waters Mansion - A Beautiful Venue!

We held my daughter's bridal shower at the Asa Waters mansion at the end of August. The venue was perfect - grounds were beautiful and so was the mansion. We were a little nervous about holding the small event in the middle of a pandemic but it was managed and handled perfectly by Kristen (the executive director of the mansion). I highly recommend this venue and the cost was very reasonable!

Sent on 09/09/2020

Melinda Apholt · Married on 10/10/2020

Amazing in all aspects!

During these confusing times Kristen was a wonderful font of knowledge, helpful above and beyond the scope of the facility. The site itself is beautiful inside and out, with many photo opportunities. Additionally, the history of the building was a great draw for us (here’s to equality for all)

Sent on 10/15/2020

Donna Cranshaw · Married on 05/09/2020

Highly Recommend - Personalized Service

The Asa Waters Mansion was the perfect setting for my daughter's Tea Party Bridal Shower. The director was accommodating and went out of her way to make sure our event was special. The grounds are beautifully maintained and the interior will take you back in time. I highly recommend the Asa Waters Mansion for any event!

Sent on 09/16/2020

John Green · Married on 02/29/2020

Great Venue for Wedding Anniversary Party

Asa Waters Mansion was the perfect venue for my parents 60th Wedding Anniversary...being an historic location in the town my parents have loved their entire lives. Kristen Livoti and her staff were extremely easy to work with, very professional, and greatly appreciated, especially since the arrangements were made long-distance via telephone and emails. We could not imagine a better venue. Thank you Asa Waters Mansion staff!!!!

Sent on 09/08/2020

Lisa Johnson, Municipal Licensing Corporation · Married on 11/19/2018

Remarkable

We had a wonderful meeting there. The food, staff and function space itself was remarkable. I would highly recommend it!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Asa Waters Mansion's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words!! We would have you anytime!! Please keep us in mind for any future events!!

Stefanie Laroche · Married on 11/03/2018

Loved the mansion

My new husband and I recently had our wedding reception at Asa Waters and it was absolutely beautiful and I love the old colonial charm this mansion brings to Millbury. John was so helpful in working with us and helping make our vision a reality. I cannot wait to get the pictures back. I would definitely recommend the mansion to everyone, the building was beautifully decorated for the fall and John and his team were a pleasure to work with

Sent on 11/15/2018

Asa Waters Mansion's reply:

Thank you SO much for your kind words. We absolutely LOVED working with you on your amazing wedding! We can't wait to see the pictures!
  • Monica

Monica Hamilton Mccarthy · Married on 08/12/2018

Awesome wedding venue

I loved working with John and the staff at Asa Waters. The building and grounds are lovely, and they couldn’t have been more helpful and accommodating. We absolutely loved everything about it and look forward to renting the mansion for other events. 5 stars!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Asa Waters Mansion's reply:

Monica, Thank you so much for your kind words!! We just loved working with you!! Here's to many more events!!

Chelsea · Married on 10/01/2017

Asa Waters is a beautiful local venue for a wedding. We got married there in October 2017 and it was *perfect* for our wedding. We had about 65 guests, had the ceremony outside at the bandstand, ate our meal inside in the Great Room and had dancing just outside. John was very responsive to all my pre-wedding questions and anxieties. The volunteers who helped out as "point people" on the day of the wedding were so kind and professional! I would definitely recommend this venue to other couples.

Sent on 11/07/2017

Asa Waters Mansion's reply:

Chelsea, Thank you for your kind words!! We were so happy to work with you! All our best!!

Amber · Married on 08/26/2017

Asa Waters Mansion was an absolutely lovely place to have my wedding! Everything went so smoothly and my husband and I could not be happier! I would highly recommend the Mansion for any event. Such a wonderful piece of history as well!!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Sonya · Married on 10/11/2014

Working with Catherine was a joy and she set us at ease, making sure our entire wedding day was just as we wished. We had the pleasure of having a friend of Asa, Marie, help us keep things flowing smoothly and on track. They helped enhance the beauty of the Mansion

Sent on 10/27/2014
  • User3927799 · event on: 03/08/2014

Asa Waters is a hidden gem. The house and grounds are beautiful. Our event was in March. To come into the lit up mansion with its period crystal chandeliers and graceful spiral staircase was a lovely experience. Catherine, the manager, was thoughtful and offered advice along the way. The woman who staffed our event, Aline, greeted my guests like a family member would. I am so happy that with our event we could support local color and history!

Sent on 03/14/2014

Cassandra · Married on 03/24/2012

This historical mansion is so beautiful inside and out. The grounds are perfect for pictures. The indoor space is just right for a smaller wedding, feels intimate but not cramped. The staff is so easy to work with. The location is convenient. The price is amazing. They let you choose all of your own vendors. I have not stopped telling people about this hidden gem. I would recommend anyone having a wedding with 100 or less guests to check out this place. You will fall in love with this mansion and will not be disappointed.

Sent on 10/03/2012
  • Laurenl06

Lauren · Married on 06/04/2011

Our ceremony Was beautiful, and we couldnt have asked for a better time! We did not want to get married at the Gazebo, as it is too close to a main road for our liking, so we chose a more secluded side of the mansion. We got compliments all night on how beautiful the ceremony was! We were so pleased with our choice

Sent on 06/21/2011

Tatiana · Married on 10/17/2010

The venue is gorgeous! It is decorated in a traditional style, has a very beautiful yard with a gazebo were we had our ceremony. The staff is very friendly and responsive. The manager has returned all my calls promptly, made the place available for all appointments I needed and made sure I was happy with all arrangements. The venue was very cooperative with my caterer and I had no issues of coordinating things between the rest of my vendors. I am very pleased that I chose this place for my wedding day.

Sent on 11/05/2010

Tanya · Married on 07/19/2008

They were very nice. The grounds were nice and flowers were beautiful.

Sent on 07/20/2008

Laura Novelline Leones · Married on 09/05/2020

Beautiful Venue!

We had our ceremony & reception at Asa Waters Mansion. Both the grounds and mansion are very beautiful. Kristen was extremely professional and kind to work with. Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/08/2020

Laura · Married on 08/19/2017

3.8
      3.5
      3.5

The mansion was exactly what we were looking for as a venue. Indoor/outdoor capability for our guests and we didn't need to do any decorating ourselves because the mansion is beautifully kept. It is maintained by volunteers and one director and they are all very nice to work with. They were very accommodating to our needs. I did feel that the volunteer who was there on the day of our wedding could have used some help so I would suggest that they have a minimum of two coordinators at any event. It also was a bit odd that we hadn't worked with the volunteer until the day of, so it would have been helpful to have discussed with her and the director before hand.

Sent on 11/08/2017