Artistry by Emily Reviews

44 | Pittsburgh, PA

44 Reviews for Artistry by Emily

Alice K. · Married on 05/08/2021

Wedding makeup

Emily is such a talented makeup artist! She did my makeup, along with 7 other bridal party members. Everyone’s makeup looked amazing, and it stayed on allllll night!
    Emily is also extremely sweet and personable. I loved working with her. I highly recommend!

Thank you, Emily! :)

Sent on 05/29/2021
  • Rachel

Rachel R. · Married on 02/10/2021

She's your girl!

Emily was recommended by a fellow MUA for my October wedding. After my inquiry, she responded within an hour to let me know she was available for my date. Emily is incredibly talented and took into account everything I told her that I wanted for my big day, including that I had crazy oily skin & how foundation never stays on my chin! She graciously invited me to her home for my trial and it was nothing but comfortable. There was lots of laughs! On my big day, Emily was prompt, even texting me that morning to let me know she was on her way to our hotel. She was timely with all of my girls' makeup as well as my own. She even had enough time to do my future MIL, who decided last minute she wanted her makeup done. My makeup lasted the whole evening, with minor touch ups (to my chin of course!)

Emily, thank you so much for making me feel absolutely stunning on my big day!! I will send all of my fellow brides your way for their wedding makeup needs!

Sent on 04/17/2020
  • Tina

Tina M. · Married on 12/26/2020

Shop local

If anyone is looking for an awesome & reasonable priced makeup artist for your big day check out Artistry by Emily! A good friend of mine referred me to her because she had her for her wedding & her makeup was gorgeous. She was so personable, she did an outstanding job & my make up/ lashes lasted all day! It looked flawless & I never felt more beautiful! I never got a chance to reapply my lips later because I was too busy enjoying my day! I can’t thank her enough for making me look like a Princess for my fairytale day! Funny enough we also grew up in the same neighborhood and while talking to my Mom she actually knows some of our family. Emily also did lashes on my Mom & sister which looked equally as beautiful. Look her up on Instagram, the knot & wedding wire you won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 12/27/2020
  • Ashley

Ashley B. · Married on 10/17/2020

Absolutely Amazing!!

Emily was seriously the best! She made the entire process easy and was so personable and easy to talk to. Overall, she did makeup for 8 people on my wedding day and made everyone look absolutely beautiful! I cannot recommend Emily enough!!

Sent on 10/28/2020

Briana B. · Married on 10/16/2020

Highly recommend!

I can't say enough good things about Emily! She's so sweet, accommodating, and amazing at what she does. I actually had someone else hired first but it didn't work out with them, thank God I found Emily! Everyone looked like perfection for my wedding and the makeup was just as good at the end of the night as it was at the beginning. The way she does the makeup just made us look like amazing versions of ourselves, not like someone else, and you didn't feel like you had a ton of stuff on your face. I wish I had more events that I could have Emily do my makeup for! If you're looking for a makeup artist, look no further. Run, don't walk, to book Emily!

Sent on 10/28/2020

Marissa V. · Married on 09/17/2020

Hands down the BEST!!

You don’t need to look any further... Seriously. Emily is hands down the BEST! I can’t even begin to put into words how amazing my sister and I felt after Emily did our makeup for my wedding day. She’s professional, knows her products, is super friendly and responsive with communication, and her work is AMAZING. Immediately following doing our makeup my sister texted several of her friends with upcoming weddings to tell them they HAVE to contact Emily. I couldn’t imagine having anyone else do my makeup or make me feel more beautiful on the most important day

Sent on 10/08/2020

Alicia D. · Married on 09/12/2020

The most beautiful I've ever felt in my life!

My cousin used Emily for her Bridal and her bridesmaids’ makeup a couple years ago and they all looked so beautiful I knew I had to book her for my own. I had an idea of what I wanted from a picture of another bride she had done and when I went for my trial makeup she nailed it perfectly! Emily has this gift of playing up your own natural beauty and adds just a touch of Glam to perfection. It’s exactly what I was looking for! She listens to what you want, (even adjusted my foundation to suit my preference) is extremely genuine, sweet, caring and easy to talk to like she’s your forever friend. She was the absolute BEST for my magical day for myself and my bridal party and I have never felt more beautiful in my life!!!

Sent on 10/01/2020

Kara D. · Married on 09/11/2020

Guaranteed to look amazing! Awesome to work with & beautiful work!

There are so many MUA in the Pittsburgh area, but Emily is a perfect choice! I hired Emily after reading reviews, and Instagram browsing, and she did not disappoint. Emily is always professional in her communications and timely to respond. The day of the wedding she made all of the girls feel so comfortable and was very accommodating. All of the girls, including myself, loved her work so much. A few of my bridesmaids even said that they liked their makeup better than they did on their own wedding day! I cannot say enough good things - I've gotten so many compliments on my makeup and have been asked multiple times for the artist's name.

Choose Emily!

Sent on 09/28/2020

Kelly J. · Married on 09/10/2020

Highly Recommend!

Emily was wonderful to work with for my wedding day! When we had to move dates due to Covid my original makeup artist was no longer available and that’s how I ended up finding Emily. She was very responsive as soon as I reached out to her and there were never any issues with communication. She listened to my ideas and feedback during my makeup trial so that I was comfortable with the look she planned for my wedding day. As someone who doesn’t wear a lot of makeup on a regular basis, it was comforting knowing she wasn’t going to pressure me into a look I didn’t want. Emily arrived early on the day of the wedding and had four bridesmaids and myself done ahead of schedule. She was very professional and worked alongside the hair stylist extremely well. Everyone’s makeup looked natural yet absolutely beautiful the day of the wedding and I would highly recommend Emily to anyone looking for a makeup artist!

Sent on 10/31/2020
  • Victoria

Victoria V. · Married on 03/21/2020

Emily is amazing!

Emily is so amazing to work with! She is reliable, the nicest ever, & I was so happy with all of the work she’s done for me! I booked with her for every event that I had for my wedding (2 different engagement picture sessions, bridal shower, & my wedding). My mom who is 62 got her makeup done for the shower & the wedding by Emily as well. She made her look flawless & beautiful. She makes you feel so comfortable, she’s so easy to get along with, & always on time. I have been in multiple weddings & my makeup is never as good as when Emily does it (& I am pretty particular). She is worth 5 stars every time in my books!

Sent on 05/13/2021
  • Sara

Sara S. · Married on 11/16/2019

Incredible

I absolutely loved Emily. She was so personable and easy to work with- even let me bring my toddler to my make up trial!! She did each bridesmaid and myself to our individual liking and adjusted whatever was requested. She was wonderful to work with and I hope to hire her in the future for other special occasions!!

Sent on 01/11/2020

Anna G. · Married on 11/09/2019

Wonderful, professional makeup artist - book now!

Emily was great and easy to work with! She was so flexible and met my bridesmaids and I at the hair salon early the morning of my wedding to do everyone’s makeup. I had a makeup trial with Emily prior to my wedding and she helped me create a bridal look that I loved! She is very talented at selecting products for specific skin types and tones and choosing eye shadow/lip colors to create the perfect glam or natural look you desire. All of my bridesmaids, my mother and I were so pleased with our makeup done by Emily! Book with Artistry by Emily now - you will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 12/20/2019
  • Hannah

Hannah S. · Married on 10/25/2019

Fun friendly professional that can pull off any look

For my wedding I wanted a Dewey natural glow that lasted all night and made my husband feel like the luckiest guy in the world. Emily helped me to accomplish both of those things! My makeup lasted through the tears, the laughs and all the champagne. She was able to go with the flow while we were all rushing to get last minute details ready the morning of and she did so excitedly and with a smile on her face. Emily is a genuinely kind and very talented person. I felt completely comfortable asking her to tweak little details here and there and she was all on board to accomplish my exact wedding vision. I was so thankful to have her there on my wedding day! Also, she KILLS the brow game!

Sent on 10/06/2019

Kelly · Married on 10/12/2019

The Make-Up Artist You Need For Your Big Day

For any brides looking for a make up artist - look no further! Emily is exactly who you want to hire and have a part of your special day. She is so incredibly talented, accommodating, and quite literally the sweetest person! She will make you feel at ease the morning of your wedding. I was worried about getting my make up done for my wedding because I still wanted to look like myself, and let me tell you - Emily delivered! She knew exactly what I was looking for and enhanced all of my features. I felt so beautiful all day long!

Sent on 10/29/2019
  • Diana

Diana M. · Married on 10/11/2019

Diana-bride

Emily is wonderful!! She is professional, talented and fun to work with! My bridesmaids and I had a wonderful experience and I highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/16/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen J. · Married on 10/05/2019

No complaints here! My bridesmaids and I LOVED Emily’s work.

Where do I start. Emily thank you so much for making myself and all my bridesmaids feel so beautiful! We received so many compliments and the price was affordable when I compared other options. She came to our venue so we could get ready on site. As a bride who wears makeup daily and is really picky on everything in general...Emily did really good with my requests! She is so kind and easy to work with. Would recommend for any bride! From dramatic to a more natural look, she’s the best!

Sent on 11/11/2019
  • Kelli

Kelli R. · Married on 09/27/2019

Amazingly talented and wonderful to work with!

I cannot recommend Emily enough! She was so accommodating and absolutely wonderful to work with. She was always quick to get back to me when I had questions, and her laid back, fun personality put everyone at ease. All of my bridesmaids looked stunning! Emily made them all look flawless without being overdone, while still managing to compliment their individual styles. The moms looked amazing as well! They were both so happy with their makeup. They each insisted they have a trial. I'll admit, I thought it was a little ridiculous at the time, but now I'm so glad they did! I highly recommend it. It made them much more comfortable knowing how they would look on the big day. And of course, I loved how Emily did my makeup! I wanted a natural bridal look and Emily hit the mark. I felt like a beautiful bride on my wedding day, and I can't thank Emily enough!!

Sent on 10/21/2019

Tracy · Married on 09/13/2019

Emily will have you looking Gorgeous on your wedding day!

Emily was fantastic! She took the vision I had and made it happen. My bridesmaids and mothers loved her work as well - and so did my husband! I definitely recommend Emily to any bride!

Sent on 09/29/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren S. · Married on 09/01/2019

Great artist and bubbly person!

Emily did such a wonderful job with my wedding day make up! She was able to work with my vision, and we used my trial to play around with different colors and techniques. She was receptive to my feedback, and helped me find the best fit. I also had a lip color and foundation I wanted to use instead of what she uses, and she was happy to use my own items along with her own. She was so cheerful the day of, and it was nice to have her on our glam squad on our big day! I would highly recommend her for both bridal and bridal party makeup.

Sent on 02/10/2020
  • Emily

Emily C. · Married on 07/12/2019

Amazing Wedding Day Makeup

I can't begin to explain to you how easy Emily was to work with! She did the make up for myself and my bridesmaids for my July 12th wedding. From the moment I first started communicating with her until the day of my wedding she was quick to respond, accommodating, and professional...not to mention she is the absolute sweetest. My wedding makeup was everything I had dreamed it to be and I still felt and looked like myself. From simple to glam, all of my bridesmaids were so happy with their results. I whole heartedly recommend Emily for any special occasion! ❤👰🏻

Sent on 07/14/2019

Brian R. · Married on 06/30/2019

Wedding make up

Emily did my makeup and my daughters. I couldn’t be more thrilled. She made each and everyone of us feel so beautiful She was so easy to work with ! I actually had a vendor cancel
    On me last minute and Emily stepped up and far exceeded my expectations. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 07/13/2019

Jessie · Married on 05/25/2019

Professional and talented!

Emily is amazing. She is a true professional and if you tell her what you want she will do that and then exceed your expectations and make you look far better than you could have dreamed.

Emily is a sweetheart and so patient. I would choose her all over again for my wedding and if I am ever in Pittsburgh and need my make up done she will be the first person I call.

Book her. You won’t regret it. Thank you Emily!! ❤️

Sent on 06/04/2019

Jessie · Married on 05/25/2019

Professional and talented!

Book her. You won’t regret it. Thank you Emily!! ❤️

Sent on 06/04/2019

Nicole · Married on 05/18/2019

Top choice for makeup!

I cannot say enough positive words about Emily! I was so pleased with the makeup that she did for my wedding, both for myself and my wedding party. I don't typically wear a lot of makeup and wanted to look like myself on my big day. Emily truly listened to me when I described the look I wanted and executed it perfectly! The makeup not only looked incredible in person, but also photographed so nice. She truly helped make me feel beautiful on my wedding day.

Emily is also such a kind and pleasant person to work with. She was extremely professional throughout the process of booking her and making appointments. She made me feel so comfortable on the day of my makeup trial and my wedding day. You will not be disappointed if you book Emily!

Sent on 07/21/2019

Amanda T. · Married on 05/10/2019

Emily is simply the BEST!

Emily was absolutely amazing! I would recommend her services to everyone! From the trial to the day of the wedding, Emily was very open to ideas, as well as extremely helpful with my bridal look! My bridesmaid who was married 2 years ago could not stop talking about her makeup and mentioned that it was BETTER than her own wedding makeup! Emily made me look and feel absolutely beautiful and perfect for my big day! I would recommend her in a heartbeat!

Sent on 06/11/2019