Arrowhead Acres Reviews

Arrowhead Acres 5
Arrowhead Acres 6
Arrowhead Acres 7

Terri · Married on 10/28/2017

I really enjoyed working with dave at arrowhead. super helpful and walks you through everything! would highly recommend!

Kattie · Married on 10/20/2017

We booked with Arrowhead Acres for our 10/20/17 wedding & worked with Dave, Vicki & their daughter Shawn. All three of them were wonderful from start to finish. They always answered any questions we had quickly & gave us all the information we needed. Their price is more than fair & the venue is beautiful even without adding much to the decor on site (we had a black and white theme and their venue has a lot of white there already with flowers, curtains and the lighting within and outside of the venue areas). Any restrictions they have -they are clear about in the contract, and I felt they were fair and reasonable. All of the information on what they offer on their website is accurate. DIY brides will love this venue, especially those on a budget but I would HIGHLY recommend this venue for any bride!

Arrowhead Acres 8
    Arrowhead Acres 9
    Arrowhead Acres 10
    Arrowhead Acres 11
    Arrowhead Acres 12
    Arrowhead Acres 13

Emily · Married on 10/15/2017

I just can't say enough good things about Arrowhead! Vicki and Dave are so nice and accommodating! They gave my new husband and I the beautiful wedding we dreamed of and Vicki even officiated the ceremony. Everything was perfect. You really must take a tour of their chapel and banquet hall. So perfect.

Arrowhead Acres 14
    Arrowhead Acres 20
    Arrowhead Acres 21
    Arrowhead Acres 22
  • User7316574 · 1+ year ago

Very accommodating in the booking and planning process.

Toni · Married on 10/10/2014

Our ceremony and reception were both held here and it was perfect. My husband and I were treated respectfully and found the owners to be very pleasant to coordinate and work with, this includes the rehearsal where we misunderstood the time and were an hour late and they had no issue staying and helping us through. They ask that the decorations they had provided be left in place and we found it more than a success to decorate however else we wanted to to create a beautiful atmosphere. The grounds are gorgeous and well-maintained, they even filled in some of the larger bumps in the driveway when they learned we would be transporting our cake ourselves (Thank you so much!!). Overall we would highly recommend Arrowhead Acres to anyone looking to be married among the trees!

Kayleigh · Married on 07/05/2014

Vicki and Dave were soon incredibly accommodating and helpful. We had a vintage themed wedding and everything was perfect, they kept everything flowing just right. Best place to have a wedding!!

We found that Arrowhead Acres was a beautiful secret of a gem and was still reasonably priced. We are completely satisfied with the memories of our special day at this amazing venue!

I also wanted to share from the mouth of the groom's grandmother (don't mind the caps, that is how she wrote it):
    IF ANYONE IS GETTING MARRIED SOON ARROWHEAD ACRES IS THE PLACE TO DO IT. THE CEREMONY WAS VERY NICE, THE GROUNDS ARE AWESOME AND THE INSIDE RECEPTION WAS FANTASTIC. THE NICEST PLACE FOR A WEDDING I HAVE EVER BEEN TO.

Amanda · Married on 10/10/2010

Dave and his team at Arrowhead Acres were great. Everything looked perfect for the rehearsal and the wedding. Dave and his wife helped us out a lot during the rehearsal and were incredibly accommodating during the reception. Dave always answers e-mails really quickly and helps with any question you might have. They made everything easy, and I loved the chapel in the pines. Really great location for the price.

Michelle · Married on 09/06/2008

This place is great! If you are looking for simple elegance this is it! They have a "chapel" outside with a gazeebo which is amazing (I wish we were able to use it but it was down pouring!!) Dave Morin is an awesome guy. Always answered calls or returned them very quickly. The inside is huge with a beautiful fireplace. Every aspect of this place could not have been better!

Jennifer · Married on 08/06/2005

Arrowhead Acres is the ideal place to have an incredible, outdoor wedding on a budget! The Chapel-in-the-Pines is gorgeous and I received many compliments on how beautiful and different it was. The staff is great and accomodate any needs or special requests you might have. You can even have a hayride and campfire!

Marissa · Married on 10/03/2014

Arrowhead Acres was wonderful and absolutely perfect for our wedding! Dave and Vickie ran things extremely smoothly. Great value, excellent rustic feel, outdoor ceremony area with gazebo is adorable and well kept. They even let us bring a hotdog stand to the fire! You can use any vendor for everything but the alcohol, they make you use the Bartending Services of New England - this was not a pleasant experience for us (one of the bartenders did not show up until halfway through the reception!) However in the grand scheme of things Arrowhead Acres was worth the hassle of the Bartending service. Everything that Dave and Vickie could have controlled was excellent, the only issue was the bartending, which was unfortunately out of their control.

Excellent facility, nice people to work with. Only issue is that they have exclusive deal with bartender service which allows no flexibility.

Kimberly · Married on 06/16/2012

We had our wedding at Arrowhead Acres Saturday, June 16th. The owners Dave and Vikki were wonderful through out the entire process. My husband and I work very strange schedules and they took the time to show us the venue on Memorial Day last year before they left on vacation. The venue is beautiful and was perfect for our laid back wedding. They were just in the price range for our low budget wedding without being "run down" like most venues we check in for the price. There was no hidden fee's so we didn't have to worry about paying extra on our wedding day. Every time I had a question I would email them and get a response within the day. The only flexibility issue was the rehearsal could not be on Friday night at the venue for our Saturday wedding, which is completely understandable since there are Friday night weddings and we worked around it. The day of the wedding Dave helped us navigate the guests into the ceremony and brought the processional down to walk down the aisle. Other than the beginning we did not see them although they were accessible if needed. Overall it was a fantastic experience and I highly recommend the venue for any bride looking for a very pretty venue at a great price.

Suzanna · Married on 04/24/2010

An affordable place to host the ceremony and reception. The hard parts were only having one bartending server to choose from. You were able to bring your own liquor only if it was something like the label having the wedding date on it. It does help narrow down that choice though...If food was to be served, it needed to come from and be served by a licensed caterer.
    Talking and scheduling with the couple that owns the place was both professional and friendly. I was very impressed with all the safety policies they follow, since it started business soon after the Rhode Island club fires so the chance of a fire starting there is slim to none. The place is gorgeous especially with all the pines and geens around. The outdoor chapel was perfect and amazing for us. Highly reccomened it as well because the dining hall is right next to the pines. If you like being outside and don't have a craving for a ritzy wedding, this is a place to highly consider.

Sharon · Married on 10/14/2007

Having our wedding at Arrowhead was perfect. We wanted something a bit rustic, but still comfortable for our guests. We had the ceremony at sunset in the outdoor pine grove, followed immediately by the reception in the banquet hall just a few yards away. This set-up allowed us to have the woodsy feel we wanted, but still a comfortable, indoor atmosphere for an evening wedding. This place is NOT fancy, but it is clean and comfortable and easy to dress up. Dave helped us with the planning, seating arrangements, and rehearsal. He did our ceremony music for us, and was available during the reception (including to mop up a spilled cocktail on the floor!). He was extremely responsive in answering all of our questions, and flexible about pretty much everything. Highly recommended!

Donna · Married on 06/03/2017

We were married on 3June17 @ arrowhead.
    We had a great experience with Dave & Vicki.
    We saw that Chapel in the Pines and the campfire my husband and I were both like- let's book it now!
    The Banquet hall was perfect - we didn't want anything stuffy and we needed a LARGE floor to dance as we have many friends that like to Country Line Dance. There was no place that could match the chapel, dance floor and campfire to allow everyone to wind down,

We wanted a comfortable place for friends and family to come celebrate our special day with us and they delivered.

You will need to hire a wedding planner or be on your game here. Arrowhead offers some great vendors to work with but you are on your own to pull all the details together. I didn't mind this as it let us create a customized day vs a package deal at other venues.
    Dave answered all my questions quickly and offered some suggestions when we needed.

Vendors from their recommendation we used
    Liberty Farm (horse & carriage), B&M Catering (Yummy!!), Mendon Greenhouse (Gorgeous flowers and attention to detail)

We had our own 5 Star DJ & Photographer that aren't on their list but I would also recommend for any occasion
    DJ Joe Lupica & Jeanette Fuller Photograhpy

Very beautiful grounds, rustic pavilion could use some updating on the sides that enclose in rain or cold. The contract makes no mention of a fee to decorate the night before. If you are able to do it the morning of there isn't a fee. Who has that kind of time on their wedding day? Dave was quick to respond to emails, gazebo area was clean and had flowers, fire was a nice way to end our night. The only complaint was the night of the rehearsal when Dave asked me in front of wedding party and officiant how I was planning on paying him in cash or credit card because he wouldn't take a check at that point. I had mailed it but he didn't receive it till the following day. I was embarrassed and wished he would've pulled me aside.

• Amber

Amber · Getting married on 06/26/2021

Awesome place

Beautifully kept, wonderfully decorated for Christmas. Super sweet staff. Having my wedding in June of 2022

4.2

It was a okay place to have the wedding, a few things what I didn't like about it, but overall it was a good wedding there. A few things why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 was because, 1) the bathrooms are terrible. I know it's petty but people were complaining to me about it during the wedding, the light was out in the handicap/bride bathroom so my wife had to use the regular one and she had no room, plus we were told it smelled terrible. 2) Also, another reason is because after pictures were done my bride and I went into the hall and instantly were sweating and hot. So we had asked them to turn on the AC. The wife response was " oh you're hot? I'm freezing right now" so she had the heat on, not a big deal cause then they had turn the air on for us afterwards. 3) one other thing that made me rethink about this place was after we had signed the contract to have our wedding there. I had contacted them asking about what if we had 4 kids there that under 3 and another that was just 6 months old if we have to pay full price since it is a pay by person venue, and we were told yes, if they sit in a seat they have to be considered an adult, I was really flabbergasted by that remark since 2 only stayed for the ceremony and and was only (1) 2.5 year old and a 6 month old that we had to pay a full price for. But they were a lot of good about this place as well. 1) there was NO wedding on the day of, before us, so they allowed us in at 9am to start setting up which was awesome because it made everything easier. 2) everything was super clean in the chapel in the pines, all benchs were cleaned, the beehive that was in the chapel was removed after I had noticed it, and the morning of we were setting up, they literally had an army of people making sure everything was clean. But eventually did

Sent on 06/04/2016

Arrowhead Acres's reply:

The bathrooms are cleaned just before every event - When we allow bridal parties to come in 9 hours before their event, it is with the understanding that our "setup and cleaning army" will be working around them. If any of the lights had not been turned on yet, our employees would have been happy to turn them on as well as the automatic air fresheners.

Our heating/air conditioning system is set to 70F until the bride arrives. The bride is told that she is "Queen For The Day" and she decides what we set the temperatures at. If she wants it warmer or colder the system is powerful enough to make the desired adjustments within minutes.

Our banquet hall has a minimum fee but children under 2 years old are never counted or charged for. We also provide high chairs and booster seats at no charge.

Beehives and bird nests are routinely removed from the Chapel Gazebo as part of the cleaning process.

Most of these concerns would not have existed if the bridal party had arrived at a normal time rather than 9 hours early.

Christine · Married on 06/20/2015

3.0

The ceremony area is beautiful. That is what sold us on using this venue. They also have a great sound system set up in the ceremony area so you can play any songs you choose and everyone can here the ceremony.
    The reception hall is nice but a bit plain. They have a lot of plain white decorations up that you have to leave in place and work around.
    The cost was pretty high but they do completely list the price of everything on their website which is nice. Overall I am very glad that we chose this venue for our wedding. It was a beautiful day.

Holly · Married on 02/24/2007

2.0

This reception is the most beautiful among the dozens I looked at in the area. Though it was a little more than I had budgeted, the hall is beautiful, there's a dance floor, a huge fireplace for photos, an outdoor deck, an outdoor chapel, a large area in the back for caterers to work with, a seperate cubby for drinks if you have them, and very spacious and beautiful. They provide you with centerpieces if you ask, are open to you coming in and decorating as long as they don't have any events right before; will set up all of the tables with the layout you ask them for, and are very quick to respond. The only draw back is that there is no catering on site, but for the beauty and the flexibility, it's worth it.

Carrieann · Married on 10/08/2010

2.5

We used this venue for our wedding and we loved it. We are pretty laid back and LOVE the outdoors so this place was perfect for us. You can dress it up as you like to tailor it to the elegance you are looking for. Dave and Vickie are very nice but we struggled with the strict guidelines. Prior to the wedding we felt so grateful for finding the perfect place with the perfect people to work with. VERY accommodating, extremely attentive and quick to respond. A few things set us back the day of our wedding. The girls and guys wanted to have a pre wedding toast separately prior to the start of the wedding but this is frowned upon. The owner came in and took a bottle of wine that we had and stated there was no alcohol allowed other than the alcohol that would come from the bartender (which btw... is your only option to use and you have to pay him separately along with the catering you must find on your own). The DJ attempted to purchase a drink for me just before we were going to walk down the aisle to help elevate some of the anxiety but that was quickly halted when the owner told him it wasn't allowed and proceeded to tell me that if I had so much as a sip of alcohol our vows would be null and void. Who knew. We certainly didn't as we know many who have had a drink prior to getting married. We were just about to walk down the aisle when the owner (Dave) wondered why everyone was sitting on one side and made an obnoxious announement for people to move which I don't think was necessary and should have just been left alone. Also, another downfall is the owners are there the ENTIRE time you rent the place for. This can be good and bad... good when you experience a backed up toilet in the bathroom like we did (take a look at the bathrooms because we didn't and were surprised to see they are like bathrooms you would find at a campground) but bad if you are not the type that wants to be babysat the entire night. No drinks allowed on the dance floor which is fine from a safety standpoint but when the owner is continuously marching over to guests like they are about to get grounded for even coming within ft of the dance floor, it's kind of unappealing. A few other things we experienced were the disappointment of them forgetting to put the centerpieces on the tables that we paid a rental cost for. Also, they owners were the first in line for food and not shy about making a request from our dj so they could dance. Typically this wouldn't have bothered me if all the other factors were not at the forefront. The place really is beautiful but the management of the hall during your event is less than appealing and had we known this, we may have thought twice. Oh yea, we were thrilled to have the option of ending the night with a bonfire but .. unfortunately the bride and groom were unable to enjoy it with the others because they were expected to clean up the hall before the end date approached which was disappointing. I was hoping that these were all things that perhaps the bride and groom were the only ones to notice but.. unfortunately, all are talking about it still to this day... sigh!

Sent on 02/25/2011

Arrowhead Acres's reply:

Insurance regulations require that all alcohol must be served by certified bartenders, and patrons are not allowed to become overly inebriated. When guests bring in bottles of wine, nips, flasks, pints, 6-packs etc. there is no way to control the consumption. In this situation the bottles were taken to the bartender so that he could serve it to them even though it had been brought into the venue in violation of the terms of the contract signed by the bride and groom.

We have been told by several JP’s and other officiants that state law prohibits them from marrying anyone that is intoxicated. This information was conveyed to avoid the embarrassment of having the wedding canceled at the last minute.

Dave did not care where the guests sat – the photographer asked him to request the people to spread out to both sides of the chapel so that the photos would not look lopsided.

In spite of signs at the bar and DJ announcements that drinks were not allowed on the dance floor this group chose to ignore those requests continuously – previously a bride’s grandmother slipped on spilled drinks and hit her head on the dance floor. She was taken by ambulance to the hospital to spend the night.

Overlooking the centerpiece placement is a valid point and we apologized and returned the $100 centerpiece rental fee. However, before the ceremony the bride was asked if everything was set up according to her wishes and she said “YES it looked beautiful”. It wasn’t until after the reception that she brought it to our attention that the centerpieces had not been put out even though she said that she had noticed before the ceremony (in plenty of time for them to have been put out).

The owners were the last to go through the buffet line and then it was by invitation of the caterer. The DJ had asked the guests for special requests and at a point when no one was dancing the owners made a request with the hopes of getting others to the dance floor.

The bride and groom are never expected to clean up after their own reception – that is the job of their caterer.

Daniel · Married on 10/09/2016

2.0

The venue hall is a beautiful place to have a wedding. It does come with some decorations that the owners have and do not want you to remove them from the walls, or gazebo (outside chapel). We paid our bill and we had a space to use - that's pretty much it. It rained on our wedding day, and as there wasn't really much direction as to what to do having to move our ceremony inside - I will say I think our wedding looked more beautiful inside than having to go outside in the chapel. But even our limo driver took notice when Dave opened the car door and told my bride that we needed to start...

I'll point out that we were told they were paving the drive way which they really are not planing on doing - they should have a PAVED platform where the limo drops off the bridal party on inclement weather as to not get their dress muddy - it would be nice considering they said they were paving the road.

One of the biggest hassles was communicating with Dave when we should be able to get into the venue. We were told that we wouldn't know until 1 week before if we would be able to get in at 9am the day of to set up, only after being offered the great deal of securing the morning of for an additional $1500 deposit if there wasn't a morning wedding booked. Well as it was nice to get in at 9am, and he certainly let us know exactly 1 week before, when I called and paid the remainder. But the guy is a jerk about it because he had 3 or 4 different couples come in on our wedding day while we're setting up to show the venue, and he even had the audacity to ask if they could sit at the tables we were setting up our decorations on... full well knowing he had showings on my wedding day and could have put our mind at ease weeks before he did.

We forgot our steamer, and had to call and say "we left his here when can we come and get it" before they acknowledged it. It would be nice to get a phone call we forgot something like a garment steamer. It was on the porch of his home...

Sent on 10/23/2016

Arrowhead Acres's reply:

Our “Chapel in the Pines” is a beautiful naturally maintained outdoor venue in a pine grove with a thick carpet of pine needles. If we have inclement weather, the wedding ceremony is moved inside with as little as 5 minutes notice (We have not found a way to control the weather yet). During the Thursday night rehearsals if inclement weather is forcasted for the weekend we have the rehearsal both outside and inside. If a bride chooses to enter the hall by the back door (pine needle covered pathway from the chapel) it is her choice. There is a carpeted front entrance walkway as well as other choices. Paving over the natural pathway would be in sharp contrast with the natural beauty of the chapel. We never said we were paving the roads – we are resurfacing them with crushed asphalt and rolling them smooth.

Every event at our facility has a guaranteed minimum of 2 hours for setup. We have the ability to schedule two events in a day on weekends (11-4 and 6-11). Every couple is told that if we do not have an early event they can come in at 9AM at no charge, with the stipulation that they will be working around our staff (cleaning, tours, maintenance, etc.). We do not give away the extra 7 hours of setup time until there is little or no chance of another paid booking. We do reserve the right to show the venue especially on weekends during hours when there is no paid function in progress.

Apon receiving a call regarding a lost steamer we searched the building and found the steamer inside a storage closet where the bridal party setup crew had put it. My wife carried the steamer to our home and called them back to tell them where they could pick it up. When the bridal party setup crew finished they should have placed the steamer in the bridal room that is provided for the bridal party and all their personal belongings.

Dorothy · Married on 09/04/2010

2.8
      1.0

We wished that we had the same experiences as a few others. It seems that only one couple had a similar experience to ours (ironically, they posted today also). We had our wedding there a little while ago and it took me this long to cool off from the audacious behavior from the owners. I have to wonder how many reviewers gave them "5" on Professionalism and Flexibility by virtue of coming off their wedding high.

We are a mature group, average age there was probably 43 years old. We aren't what I'd consider a rowdy group, either. None of us is the type to "party," yet the owner watched everyone like a hawk. He said, "Just cuz you're almost my age doesn't mean you can't break the rules." What? (I'm guessing he's in his late 60s). He also made disparaging remarks about previous customers that was a complete turnoff. My goodness, how does this guy stay in business?

Just like another reviewer here, the owner also took the liberty at our reception to request a song. We wouldn't have minded, except our DJ (when he asked us if we would mind, which was the right thing to do) explained that the owner's attitude was, "I own this place, and I want a song now." Sure thing, buddy... except you didn't pay what we did to manage our wedding, book and manage all of the vendors, live by your rules (albeit reasonable, but you only have to tell us once and we signed a contract stipulating plenty of implications if they were "broken"), and now we have to live with your entitlement issues, complete with an ignorant style that wreaks of unprofessionalism?

Our guests knew how to laugh it all off, stating that the owner was the one who looked bad. Yes, you will get a pretty site, yes you will get a great price, but be very aware of what you're signing up for with this place.

PS: we had to clean things up too... my god.

Sent on 02/25/2011

Arrowhead Acres's reply:

We have hundreds of glowing testimonials with just a sampling posted in our web site. We also post the caterer rules in our web site for all to read. The rules clearly state that the caterer is responsible for clean up. The Bride and Groom are only responsible for picking up their personal belongings and leaving. If a Bride and Groom choose to help the caterer that is their choice – it is not forced upon them by us.

When DJ’s are setting up and trying to impress us in the hopes that we will recommend them to other brides, we are often asked if there is a song we would like to hear. If asked we will tell them our favorite song and if they play it fine – we will come out of our office and dance. If they don’t it doesn’t matter to us one way or another. In this situation the DJ announced to everyone that he was playing the song for us and frankly it was embarrassing. We assume he was trying to impress us into recommending him to other brides.

Joan · Married on 07/16/2011

2.6
      2.0

This venue is beautiful (except for their flowers) and reasonably priced. However, you are stuck using their preferred caterers - which were ok, AND only ONE choice for bartending/alcohol. They charged by the glass for everything, even water ($1.50 for water, and there's no water on the site). The bartenders ran a tab for the bride & groom without telling them and stuck them with a $100 bill at the end of the evening. You can't bring any food, cake, alcohol or even bottled water into the venue yourself - has to go thru the caterer/bartender provider. So, although the venue is reasonable, the associated costs add up. The fake-flower decorations cannot be taken down (they're ugly and plastic-y). In addition, some of the floral decorations we paid $300 for were stolen by the owners of the venue. (the owners said they "disappeared" right after the ceremony, but they were not the kind of thing a guest would take - unlike table centerpieces, which people do take).

Sent on 08/17/2011

Arrowhead Acres's reply:

Not sure who this reviewer is but there was no wedding here on 7/16/2011.

We have a list of recommended caterers, but every bride is told they can use any caterer they want as long as they are licensed and insured. We have many different caterers hired by brides that are not on our recommended list.

There is a Pepsi machine with water and soda on site through a door 5' from the dance floor. This past weekend the bartenders donated 6 bottles of water to the wedding party while they were having pictures taken. Did the bride and groom think their $100 worth of drinks were free? The bartenders created a tab for them as a courtesy since they never offered to pay for their drinks when served.

The owners resent any implication that they stole floral decorations - Usually family members remove anything of value immediately after the ceremony. If anything of value is left behind (ex. candles, wine glasses, sand ceremony containers, etc.) they are removed from the ceremony area and placed in the bridal party dressing room.