Armstrong Farms Bed & Breakfast Reviews

48 | Sarver, PA

48 Reviews for Armstrong Farms Bed & Breakfast

Emily · Married on 07/25/2020

Look no further for your dream barn wedding - BEST VENUE EVER

If you're looking at Armstrong Farms then look no farther. We had our July 25, 2020, wedding at the Fieldstone Barn and would do it there time and time again if we could. Planning a wedding during COVID isn't easy, but the staff at Armstrong did everything and more to make sure our day went off without a hitch. I literally did not have to lift a finger on our wedding day! My husband (who is not the event-planning type) also loved working with them and said so many times how great Armstrong was to work with. They were so flexible and kind throughout the whole process! Kristi Sherge was amazing to work with and always SO responsive. She answered every question and concern I had leading up to our big day. The owners, the Allens, are so nice as well and Andy even stopped by the evening before to check in to make sure everything was going smoothly with set up. The use of the farmhouse is truly invaluable as well. Kristi set up a table for us outside on the patio and we held our rehearsal dinner out there, which was nice to have as a back-up because our original rehearsal dinner plans got canceled due to COVID. Armstrong is also the ideal place to have your wedding during COVID because there is so much space to work with. Our guests raved about the amazing location and how comfortable they felt about attending our wedding. You also really get your money's worth at this venue-- it's truly a great value. I can't say enough amazing things about Armstrong Farms and would encourage any bride and groom to look at Armstrong for their big day. I also knew that IF we had to change our date due to COVID that Armstrong would bend over backward to work with me to make sure our day went off without a hitch. I had zero wedding day anxiety at Armstrong because I knew everything was going to fall into place perfectly, and it did. If you are a laid back bride who enjoys adding your own personal touch to your wedding through DIY, this venue is for you! COVID or not, I'd pick this venue time and time again. Thank you, Armstrong, for making my dreams come true-- it truly was the most perfect day EVER.

Sent on 09/12/2020

Sabrina · Married on 05/02/2020

Have fun . Don't stress the small stuff . Once you have your venue and dress everything else pretty much falls into play. We picked our venue because it checked all of the boxes for our needs and Marlene is AMAZING to work with !

Sent on 07/01/2018
  • Emily

Emily Bierer · Married on 11/05/2019

Great choice in venue that guests still talk about!

Lori, Andy, and the whole Armstrong crew are fabulous. They are insanely accommodating. It was a beautiful venue and the team made sure the whole event went smoothly. The venue was incredible. The options provided are absolutely endless. Flexibility to make the wedding your own. Leading up to the event, they we're always available to answer questions and ease the anxiety of the wedding planning process. We can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 01/14/2020
  • MaKayla

MaKayla Hegburg · Married on 09/14/2019

Our wedding weekend was PERFECT!

I may be biased, but Armstrong Farms is possibly the best overall wedding venue in the Pittsburgh area. I can't even believe how perfect our wedding was! Armstrong Farms not only made sure that the DAY OF was perfect, but their package includes the entire weekend, with lodging included. Our entire wedding party and family felt so relaxed and we all had an absolute BLAST. From Friday to Sunday, we created memories and were catered to hand and foot. I cannot recommend this venue enough. Anna made sure that all of our vendors were where they needed to be and we didn't have to lift a finger the entire weekend. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. The entire weekend was magical!

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Diane

Diane Cornell-Anderer · Married on 08/31/2019

Spectacular!

If you have a vision and are truly passionate about “Having the Best Day Ever” Armstrong Farms~
    The Fieldstone Barn is for you! We had done our homework on line, long before we visited the farm. The breath taking views and the natural beauty of this location sets the stage for a very elegant affair. Obtaining the venue at noon on Friday and then finishing up Sunday just added to
    the hometown charm of this venue. I enjoyed working with Kristi, the event coordinator. Andrew the owner is extremely pleasant as well. Mary from Pisarcik Greenhouse & Flower farm is exceedingly talented! Last Call Bartending made it so easy for us! From the beginning of the planning stage to the actual day of the wedding~ IT WAS PERFECT!

Sent on 10/04/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany Cieslinski · Married on 08/03/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

I can not say enough good things about Armstrong Farms - Westminster Preserve. Kristi was our coordinator and she went above and beyond to make our day perfect! It was honestly everything I could hope for and more! I could of never imagined just how perfect our day could of been! One of the biggest reasons we chose the venue was because we got to stay in the houses on the grounds for the entire weekend. Made things so easy and convenient but also made you feel so comfortable and together with your closest family and friends. The people are so easy to work with and truly want you to have the best day(s) of your life! We went to get sunset photos and the owner came over to make sure that everything was going well and as planned and even though it was something so simple, it made us feel right at home! We can't thank every one enough (especially Kristi and the owners) for letting us have our wedding here and for doing everything to make it perfect!

Sent on 08/07/2019
  • Future Mrs. McCully

Samantha · Married on 07/13/2019

Genuinely care that you have a perfect day

Throughout the entire process of working with Armstrong Farms to plan my wedding all if the staff/owners were so responsive and helpful.
    They all worked so hard to make sure my wedding day went smooth and successful.
    We had the weekend package which was ideal. Two cabins provided for Friday night and Saturday night stay as well as a bonfire to hang out after the reception.
    Ceremony and reception in the same location and they keep their land so beautifully that there is no need to travel for photos!
    I honestly have no complaints about this venue, every moment was made so easy for us and the venue coordinator Anna worked so hard all night to accommodate anything/everything.
    I got compliments all night long from guests saying it was the best wedding they had ever been to and I honestly have Armstrong Farms to thank for that.
    I will always recommend this venue to anyone looking for the perfect rustic location to get married.

Sent on 07/14/2019
  • Rachael

Rachael Mcdonough · Married on 12/01/2018

Best venue ever

I would recommend this venue over and over again!! Anna was our wedding coordinator and she could not have been any more wonderful!! She made the planning and preparation leading up to the wedding, smooth and flawless! We set up our reception and held our rehearsal dinner at the barn Friday night and Anna helped us ENJOY every minute of it!! Not once were we stressed or worried about anything! Anna had an answer to everything and made sure we were having the times of our lives! December 1, 2018 was the best day ever and we are STILL getting feedback from our guests at how perfect the entire day was!! THANK YOU to Armstrong Farms to truly making our wedding day everything we ever dreamed of!! The people, process, service, price, and quality of this venue is absolutely worth every penny! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 12/15/2018

Jennie · Married on 08/25/2018

Armstrong Farms , Fieldstone, was wonderful! Our venue coordinator, Anna, took care of every detail for us. It was great to have the venue all weekend. We were able to decorate Friday, have the rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner all at the same site. Also a two night stay in the farm house and a cottage were included so the whole wedding party stayed and were able to get ready and also have our photos taken prior to the wedding. All the facilities were clean and well kept. The ceremony site and barn are very beautiful. I strongly recommend Armstrong Farms. Anna was like family by the end of the weekend!

Sent on 09/08/2018

Myriah · Married on 08/04/2018

I don’t even know where to start with explaining how wonderful Armstrong Farms was for my (new) husband and I! I started my search looking at the knot for barn wedding venues and I requested information through the app on my phone. In a short period of time, I was replied to and making that first initial inquiry was one of my favorite decisions I made throughout the whole wedding planning process. The tour started with Marlene showing us around both venue sites, and without even showing our parents the venue, my husband and I knew it was the one for us. We committed that day without looking at any other venue. Armstrong farms helped by providing us a vendor list where we found most of our vendors and they were absolutely excellent. We then met our venue coordinator, Anna, who I can’t even describe how much of a lifesaver and wonderful of a coordinator she is and was to us. She answered my millions of questions, gave me vendor information and advice, helped call all our vendors to schedule times and make sure everything ran perfectly, and was there to help the whole wedding weekend. Anna even helped me bussle my dress - she was literally there for our every need. She kept things running smoothly and made it so we didn’t have to worry or stress about the little things. Armstrong Farms is the perfect place to get married and not only just to have one beautiful day, but a whole beautiful weekend. Thank you so much Armstrong Farms, you made my wedding the best I could have ever dreamed of.

Sent on 08/14/2018

Jannie · Married on 06/02/2018

GORGEOUS venue with the BEST wedding coordinator in the world. Thank you Marlene. You made everything PERFECT!

Sent on 06/06/2018

Cara · Married on 10/21/2017

Our wedding turned out amazing at Armstrong Farms on 10/21/17! Originally we wanted 10/7 and were hoping to use the pond at the Allison Anne barn for the ceremony and the Fieldstone barn for the reception. However we found out that the Allison Anne barn is no longer used for weddings. Kathy convinced us to book the 3rd weekend in October when they stop booking Westminster Preserve and agreed to let us use the pond there if the weather cooperated and the pond grounds weren't too mushy. We lucked out and the weather was perfect and the everything worked out as planned! They were very accommodating to our requests! Plus all of the housing was available that weekend so we booked everything up and were able to have our families, bridal party and many of our friends stay with us the entire weekend. Marlene was a fantastic venue coordinator and made sure everything went off without a hitch (I swear she was everywhere at once!) Price included lodging at 2 houses for Fri-Sun and use of their prop shop which has tons of decor. You really don't even need to buy any decorations if you don't want to.

Having used both beautiful venues, here are some pros/cons of each:
    Westminster Preserve
    + Better ceremony site (pond) although the walk down the aisle is a bit of a hike (good for dramatic effect though)
    + Housing is nicer and both are located on the property.
    + Beautiful arbor for cocktail hour
    +/- Barn is authentic - has gapes in slates (not good for bad weather), uneven floor
    - Bathrooms downstairs are difficult to get to for elderly/disabled

Fieldstone
    + Beautiful refurbished barn with geothermal heating & built-in double-sided bar
    + Basement has beautiful foundation stone wall and is great for cocktail hour
    - Ceremony site is smaller
    +/- Housing - Fieldstone house is located right across from barn but is smaller. The suite you get is very nice & modern but is located a short drive in downtown Saxonburg (everyone wanted to stay on the property with us.)

Sent on 01/02/2018

Kristin · Married on 07/15/2017

This. Was. The. Most. Perfect. Venue. I cannot even put into words how happy we were with Armstrong Farms, its staff, its location, and its amenities. My now husband and I happened upon this place and the moment we walked into the barn at Westminster Preserve we knew this was it. They had 1 weekend in July available and boom, 5 months later we were married there! We were so happy that we were able to customize everything ourselves, from the caterer to the bartender - but the venue has a fantastic list of vendors and we ended up going with someone from their list in almost every category! It really gave us the flexibility to spend money on the things important to us (food, booze and entertainment). The venue is gorgeous! The grounds, the twinkling lights in the barn, the arbor - hardly any decoration needed, but for a little oomph - the prop shop was a welcome surprise! I added a few things here and there, but really it had everything I could have wanted. Having the cottages on the property for us and our bridal party to stay was so fun and really convenient! We also had our rehearsal dinner and brunch at the Farm as well, so it really gave us ample opportunity to spend time with our family and friends, most of whom came in from out of town. My family LOVED being outside and fishing in the pond, and we had lovely weather so our guests played cornhole outside late into the evening! Finally, we cannot say enough good things about our coordinator, Marlene. She was with us from the very beginning, guided us poor wedding naive souls (without ever being pushy and always helping us to do what we wanted and felt comfortable with) and truly went above and beyond. We are so grateful for her help and guidance! I highly recommend Armstrong Farms, especially if you are looking for something more low key and down to earth and something unforgettable!

Sent on 07/22/2017

Alison · Married on 06/24/2017

We love Armstrong Farms! The Fieldstone barn was the perfect venue for our June 2017 wedding. The barn itself was decorated beautifully (thanks to their prop shop), was cool, and was large enough to comfortably fit our 135 guests. We also loved how we were able to use the barn and accompanying houses for the entire weekend; our special day wasn't rushed and didn't overlap with anyone else's.
    Marlene was our coordinator the day of and she was absolutely wonderful! Leading up to the wedding, she was quick to respond to answer questions and address concerns. The day of, Marlene helped made sure the day ran smoothly by assisting vendors and guests. She was truly amazing. Thank you Marlene for all of your hard work!

Sent on 08/27/2017
  • Alicia

Alicia · Married on 03/11/2017

Our venue was the biggest and most important decision in wedding planning and I don’t think we could have made a better decision! We loved everything about having our wedding at Armstrong Farms (Fieldstone barn). We fell in love with the venue at our initial meeting and was then sold on everything that was included - the weekend package with lodging, rehearsal dinner space and set up, use of the amazing prop shop, and the best part a day of coordinator! We booked in August and got our coordinator Amanda assigned in December and she was fantastic! She was way more than just a day of coordinator, she was in constant contact with us leading up to the wedding, answering any questions we had and working with us to make sure we had all our vendors. A few weeks out we had a final meeting with her to go over all of the details which she then confirmed with all the vendors right before the wedding and was the main POC at the wedding. She was around all weekend starting at noon on Friday to make sure we had everything we need for setting up, decorating, etc. We didn’t worry about a thing on the day of the wedding and no one in my family had to be at the farm to make sure the other vendors knew what to do & where to set-up, it was such a relief to have a professional like Amanda be there on our day. I can’t imagine the day going as smooth without her. Now back to the venue, it was the perfect space for our rustic romantic wedding. We had the downstairs with a bar and music for cocktail and then the upstairs for the main dinner and reception. We had 100 guests and there was plenty of room for eating and dancing. It was a beautiful space and the minimal decorations that we used from Armstrong Farms enhanced the natural beauty. We really could not have been happier with having our wedding here and everyone involved. I would recommend this venue to everyone!

Sent on 03/28/2017

Christina · Married on 08/27/2016

My husband and I got married a little over a month ago at Armstrong Farms Fieldstone. We simply had the perfect wedding at the most beautiful venue. We saw pictures online of the farm and thought it was beautiful, but going out to see it was amazing. We fell in love with this beautiful venue. We wanted a rustic, romantic wedding and that is exactly what we got. Amanda was our wedding coordinator and I cannot say how thankful I am we had her with us every step of the way. Amanda went above and beyond from the second we booked the farm. I asked a million questions and she helped every single time. She was amazing to have on the day of our wedding. She made sure every single detail of our day was perfect and I can't thank her enough. The amazing part about the venue is you get it for the entire wedding weekend! We held our rehearsal dinner right at the barn on Friday night. They included a great big farmhouse for my bridesmaids, mom, mother in law, & I to stay at the night before the wedding to have a girls night! I loved that. I woke up and was stress free because we were all already at the venue and hair and makeup came to us! We used that farmhouse the night of the wedding for close family while my husband and I stayed at a nearby cottage! It was so convenient and special. Another huge perk of the barn is the prop shop! It is a garage filled with great rustic items you can use on your big day to add those special extra details that everyone raved about. Our day was perfect! We are still getting the most amazing comments about our wedding day. Looking back we would not change a thing. This was truly the most perfect venue for our rustic romantic wedding we always wanted!

Sent on 10/04/2016

Becca · Married on 07/30/2016

If you are into the rustic theme for your wedding, Armstrong Farms is the PERFECT venue for you. I absolutely fell in love with the venue and the people who helped make my wedding a success. I literally have nothing to complain about. My rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony, and reception were all perfect and exactly how I would have pictured it.
    Armstrong Farms has a "prop shop" which is a garage FULL of things that you can use for your wedding including decorations, signs, etc. I used so much from there and it saved us a lot of money!
    On top of that, you have full use of 2 guest houses for the ENTIRE WEEKEND, as well as the venue!
    I could go on and on about this venue and the owners. It is absolutely beautiful. If you book with them, your wedding will be perfect, no doubt in my mind. They were worth every penny!!

Sent on 08/18/2016

We held our rehearsal dinner, wedding and reception at Armstrong Farms-Fieldstone, and we have nothing but wonderful things to say about the venue and family who owns it. Andy Allen was an absolute pleasure to work with and could not have been more accommodating. Days before our wedding, he checked in with all of our vendors to make sure everyone was ready to go. He was always responsive to our e-mails/calls within 1-2 days!

The weekend wedding package included use of the barn Friday night-Sunday morning, a suite in Saxonburg, and the farmhouse! This allowed us to host our rehearsal dinner in the barn's lower level, and several bridesmaids were able to stay overnight for preparations Saturday morning! Had the weather been better, we also would have had a bonfire post-wedding!

Unfortunately, it rained on our day so we had to have the ceremony inside. Andy, however, did not miss a beat and set a beautiful setting for us downstairs. We easily transitioned into cocktail hour following the ceremony. Andy was available to us the entire day and made sure we, and our guests, had everything we needed!

The grounds, ceremony site, and reception site were absolutely beautiful! We had a fantastic party and could not have been happier to choose Armstrong Farms for our wedding!

Sent on 05/23/2016

Sarah · Married on 04/23/2016

My husband & I had the pleasure of working with Kathy Allen. The entire planning process and execution of the ceremony and reception was incredible! Kathy and the Armstrong Farm staff took care of everything for us! We did not have to direct guests or worry about any time constraints. Staff let us know when and where to move during the evenings timeline. We had our wedding at the Fieldstone barn and it was so clean, beautiful, and perfect! Our wedding night was the best night of our lives! I would highly, highly recommend Armstrong Farms and the Allen family for your rustic, intimate, beautiful wedding!

Sent on 05/18/2016

Jennifer · Married on 10/10/2015

My husband and I got married at the Fieldstone Barn on October 10, 2015. Kathy Allen was more than helpful. When we got there on Friday, we noticed that the caterer did not set up the tables for us to decorate. She helped us get everything set up and even helped with the centerpiece placement. She also went out and got us a second grill when we realized we would need another one for our rehearsal dinner. She made our entire weekend stress and worry free. On the day of the wedding, she made sure that everything was absolutely perfect! She kept us on schedule and made sure our guests felt welcomed. The setting for the wedding was absolutely beautiful. Everything was freshly landscaped and decorated for fall. We could not have asked for a more picture perfect wedding. Kathy Allen went above and beyond her call of duty for us. At the end of the night, Kathy was helping my grandparents get back to the suites in Saxonburg when my grandparents were involved in an accident. Kathy rushed back to the bonfire site to inform our family and led us to the accident scene (no one was hurt, luckily). We could not thank Kathy enough for all of the love and support she showed our family over the weekend. She is truly an amazing woman.

Sent on 10/18/2015

Rachel · Married on 09/26/2015

My husband and I were just married at the Westminster Preserve farm two weekends ago, and we could not be happier!!! We absolutely LOVED the farm setting, with the geese and donkeys in our wedding photos. If you are looking for a rustic, but still a very formal and elegant wedding venue, I would highly recommend Armstrong Farms. Kathy Allen, the owner, is a genuinely wonderful woman to work with. She will be there for you from day one of your planning process to help you along the way; she and the rest of her family (the whole business is family run) have a wealth of knowledge about wedding planning, and are more than happy to help with finding vendors, giving decoration suggestions, or anything you can think of! My husband and I had a wonderful wedding weekend (yes you get the farm for the whole weekend!) with everyone at Armstrong.

Sent on 10/07/2015

Michelle · Married on 09/05/2015

I HIGHLY recommend Armstrong Farms in Saxonburg, PA. Our wedding weekend at the farm was perfect. Amanda was super helpful, thorough and accommodating. Incredible venue!

- September 2015 Bride

Sent on 09/21/2015

Robin · Married on 06/06/2015

Absolutely gorgeous venue!!! The perfect place for a barn wedding! We had an amazing experience with Armstrong Farms and would highly recommend them! Our wedding coordinator Amanda was wonderful to work with and made sure everything went smoothly from planning to the actual wedding day. We were able to save money by using "props" other people had left to make our centerpieces and seating chart. The entire night guests were talking about how beautiful this venue is!

Sent on 06/21/2015

Nicole · Married on 08/02/2014

Armstrong Farms was a dream wedding venue. Amanda, our wedding coordinator, was professional and made sure everything went smoothly.

Sent on 11/26/2014
  • Anna

Anna · Married on 07/19/2014

Armstrong was amazing, I felt so at ease. They clearly knew what they were doing which meant I could relax and focus on other wedding details and just enjoy life instead of going crazy. The location is beautiful and we fell in love the moment we saw it. I love their treasure trove of decorating items. We hardly had to buy anything for the wedding, they were so well-prepared. Thank you for an amazing wedding!

Sent on 06/30/2014