Arizona Golf Resort Reviews

22 Reviews for Arizona Golf Resort

1 User photo

Arizona Golf Resort 1

Veronica · Married on 07/09/2019

Great venue, delicious food, amazing staffs

I love this place, and will highly recommend Arizona Golf Resort to all my family and friends!

Sent on 10/28/2019

Sandra · Married on 01/23/2015

Everything about our Jan 23, 2015 wedding at the Arizona Golf Resort was exactly as I planned and hoped. We had the first of our guests arrive the Saturday before our Friday wedding. The attentiveness and extreme friendliness of the staff, whether in regards to the satisfaction of the rooms and suites, the restaurant, the golfing and the shuttle driver awed both ourselves and our family and friends. The day of the wedding a large group of us golfed in the morning and then we had a beautiful 5:30pm ceremony on the "Lawn" followed by an amazing reception held in the Fairways Banquet room with a beautiful Tuscan Courtyard outside where we held our cocktail hour prior to dinner inside the beautiful banquet room. The food, service and decor were impeccable. The following day we had another great lunch held outside the lounge area near the pool. Thank You All so very much; Jan, Yolanda, Carolyn, Denecia, Yesenia, Chef and all your amazing staff (you were all incredible), all the Pro Shop staff and Patrick. * Regarding other reviews that talk about the AZ Resort being dated - yes, it is, in some areas, though you can see the upgrades that are continuously happening to bring the resort back to 100%, however the resort is very clean and the maintenance staff are there extremely fast to fix any issues that may come about. The Old World Charm of The Arizona Golf Resort really needs to be seen in person to be appreciated. It has class and elegance which was exactly what we wanted for our wedding. Highly recommend for the venue itself and the most amazing staff you will ever encounter!

Sent on 01/30/2015

Jordan · Married on 12/12/2012

Arizona Gold Resort was a fantastic wedding venue - they provided convenient wedding packages where my decisions for food, flowers, photography, and decor could all be made in one convenient location, rather than searching for multiple vendors on my own. Then Dawn, the wedding coordinator, would handle interactions with the vendors, making myself and my husband have just one point of contact for our entire wedding!

The ceremony was beautiful, everything I wanted done was exactly as I had planned with Dawn. In our wedding package, we got a night stay in a bridal suite the night before the wedding, and my husband got a groom's room for the day of. We also received a night's stay in the honeymoon suite with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. The honeymoon suite was beautifully done, with a kitchenette, dining area, family room, bedroom with a California King bed, and a bathroom with a bathtub and shower, as well as a small patio area out the front door of the suite.

The service we received was excellent - during the reception, the staff made sure my husband and I had food on our plates before anyone else did, and had the food served outside of the dining room so that we could have a few moments to ourselves to eat before people came to talk to us. They helped us through every step of the way, and if there was anything we needed the night of, they were happy to take care of it for us.

I would absolutely recommend Arizona Golf Resort for any wedding! It was so easy to do, and it made our planning so much easier!

Sent on 04/08/2015

Jenna · Married on 09/29/2012

The Arizona Golf Resort did a wonderful job for my September wedding. The wedding coordinator Dawn was fantastic! She made sure everything was perfect for our wedding day. The food was great and the ballroom was perfect for our large wedding. We even had many family and friends stay at the resort during the wedding and they loved the accommodations. I would recommend the Arizona Golf Resort for to anyone for their wedding or any other event.

Sent on 10/25/2012

Arizona Golf Resort's reply:

Jenna, your wedding was beautiful! The sneak peak pictures are amazing. I cant wait to see them all. I am so glad we were able to help you out with this special day for you and Anthony. Your family is amazing and they are so friendly. Thank you for the wonderful review!

Amber · Married on 10/08/2011

I had a wonderful experience having my wedding at Arizona Golf Resort. Mary (the event manager) was amazing. She had to step in last minute when the previous manager suddenly quit and moved out of state (only about a month before my wedding), and Mary did a muuuuch better job than the initial woman BY FAR.
    The food was delicious! We selected a chicken dish that received many compliments and I was a huge fan of the mashed potatoes. The package included the wedding cake which was provided by Sweet Susans and it was very tasty as well.
    Overall, I highly recommend this venue! Their wedding packages are amazing for the cost, the staff is super wonderful and the food was kick booty!!!

Sent on 11/03/2011

Tanya · Married on 09/25/2010

Arizona Golf Resort was a beautiful place to have our wedding. Stacey Tunner did a wonderful job making sure everything was the way we wanted it. Lori was wonderful and so helpful through out our reception. Our families where also very please with the resort itself.

Sent on 10/05/2010

Kara · Married on 04/17/2010

We highly recommend The Arizona Golf Resort. Our wedding coordinator was April Kuebler and she was excellent from start to finish. We first walked into The Arizona Golf Resort after our venue fell through two weeks before our wedding (we were devastated as you can imagine). April worked with us to get everything set up quickly; we were able to stay within our tight budget without loosing the important details of our wedding. The entire staff was amazing and made us feel like we were their only client, we really felt like they went above and beyond for us. Once our big day arrived, I had no worries as I knew everything was taken care of. The wedding was perfect, everything I ever imagined my big day to be. My guest raved about the excellent food and our beautiful banquet room. April and her staff were truly a gem to my special day and I would recommend The Arizona Golf resort to anyone looking for a beautiful wedding at a gorgeous resort with friendly and helpful staff. Thank you April and Staff!!

Sent on 05/07/2010
  • Dawn

Dawn · Married on 02/13/2010

The Arizona Golf Resort did a great job working with us and providing the best worry free experience that we could ask for. April was awesome in meeting with us many times before our big day. The evening was about as perfect as a wedding reception could go.

Sent on 02/28/2010

Danika & Jason · Married on 10/10/2009

The ceremony site sold me the second I saw this place. It's absolutely beautiful. The reception hall as well was perfect. April was our wedding planner & she worked with our weird requests for a superhero themed wedding. Everything came out wonderful & not tacky. She was so accomodating. I have recommended this venue to several of my closests friends. I had many people come to me and say it was the most beautiful wedding they have ever seen.

Sent on 10/05/2010
  • Darrell's Bride

Jamie · Married on 09/26/2009

My wedding ceremony & reception at the Arizona Golf Resort was a perfect dream come true! The natural beauty of the outdoor ceremony site was so great that I my fiance and I decided it didn't even need any other decorations (which saved lots of money!). The reception had some of the most exceptional food I had ever tasted! All food was flawlessly presented and seasoned. My guest could not stop raving about the main entree! We choose a more non-traditional dish, we served both pork loin and steak and the guest loved it. I was little skeptical at first but I'm so glad we choose to do something different. The entire AGR staff from the front desk operators to the banquet captain to the chefs were a true pleasure to work with! The Wedding Coordinator April Kuebler was totally awesome! She made it her utmost duty to make sure that our special day not only went as planned but even better than we could've imagined. Her communication with my fiance and I was great, she wasn't pushy or over bearing like most wedding coordinators at other resorts. She was so professional and genuinely interested in making the best day possible for us. I would highly recommend the Arizona Golf Resort it's very romantic but at the same time very affordable with excellent customer service.

Sent on 10/05/2009

Joan · Married on 06/06/2009

We couldn't have been more pleased with Arizona Golf Resort, especially with April, the wedding coordinator. They were extremely accommodating to our requests, a real pleasure to work with. The wedding and reception went off without a hitch. Everything was beautiful, the food fabulous. Our guests told us that it was the best meal that they had ever had at a wedding. Both my husband and I eat our steaks rare and they remembered that from our tasting event and gave us perfectly cooked meals. Everything was timed perfectly; one thing that I was insistent on and they delivered. I literally did not have to worry about a thing from the moment I arrived to get ready. It was a perfect day.

Sent on 06/25/2009

Jennifer · Married on 04/25/2009

I was told by a co-worker about the resort after looking at many many sites that were WAY over my budget. I was loosing hope of having the wedding of my dreams until I met with the wedding coordinators at the AZ Golf Resort. Finally a place I could afford and it was absolutely gorgeous! Everyone was so amazing to work with planning our special day, especially April Kuebler. She was so patient with me and paid special attention to every detail. I've gotten so many compliments from guests about how wonderful the food was and the wait staff. Thank you to everyone for making the most important day of my life so beautiful! I would HIGHLY recommend the AZ Golf Resort to anyone planning a wedding! You won't be disappointed. Make sure you book about a year in advance, they fill up fast.

Sent on 05/15/2009

Misty · Married on 10/13/2007

I absolutly love the place! I had a beautiful wedding!

Sent on 10/31/2007

Courtney · Married on 06/02/2007

I could not ask for anything more. Everyone at Arizona Golf resort is professional, Friendly and helpful. I never had to worry about a thing. someone was always able and willing to answer any questions I had.

Sent on 07/21/2008

Katherine · Married on 04/13/2001

Fabulous setting - ceremony on the golf course. Fabulous cocktail hour - outdoors near a fountain. Fabulous food - chicken or steak with veggies, potatoes and chocolate covered strawberry. For the children that were present, they served chicken fingers and french fries! Gorgeous, enormous room that easily fit our 250 guests. The wait staff, wedding planner, and bartenders were extremely professional. I would recommend this resort for a wedding venue anyday!

Sent on 05/11/2008

Mindy · Married on 04/14/2007

Cynthia is the best - she was so accomodating to my requests. This resort went above and beyond the call of duty. They have been sold and hope that they get even better - I am sure if Cynthia and her team on staff this will be for sure!

Sent on 06/13/2007

They were very nice and it was worth the money we spent.

Sent on 09/21/2015

Marissa · Married on 02/11/2012

4.2
      3.5

Overall my experience at the Arizona Golf Resort was great. I did however have my on site wedding coordinator changed on my three times within a year of me booking the place. I found out three days before my wedding that we were going to have another wedding coordinator and that is a little stressful if you ask me. I am not totally sure what happened to the second one that I had but this to me is a little strange. They have a beautiful place though. The food was amazing and they did take very good care of myself and my guests.

Sent on 03/21/2012

Arizona Golf Resort's reply:

Congratulations! Thank you for you review we are sorry for the delay in the response to your review. We are so sorry for the change of Wedding Coordinators three days prior to your wedding . We hope all went smoothly and that the transition worked out for you. Again Congratulations and we wish you a lifetime full of wedded bliss.

Jill · Married on 04/28/2018

3.6
      1.0

AZ golf resort venue was absolutely beautiful for hosting our wedding. The lawn area for the ceremony was very well kept and the courtyard for the reception was so intimate and elegant. Our guests raved about the food and service! Our wedding coordinator was attentive and extremely friendly. We were so glad to have all of their services on our special day. Thank you to all of the hard working employees at the AZ Golf Resort for being a part of our special day!

Arizona Golf Resort 2
    Sent on 05/16/2018

Arizona Golf Resort's reply:

Thank you Jill. We feel so honored that we could be apart of your wedding and make your day everything you wanted. Lots of love to you and Rob.

TANYA · Married on 05/12/2012

3.4
      2.5
      3.5

My Husband and I were on a very tight budget. This resort offered what we were looking for at the best price.

Pro - Price
    Pro - Dawn the wedding coordinator was great. She went out of her way to make our wedding the best it could be, even adding in little extras to help us out. However, while she was there everything worked like clockwork, but when she left things got a bit tough. Then agian, the next day when we brought up to her that we did not get the chocolate covered strawberries in our suite, she brought them to us, freshly made.
    Pro - Food at the reception was great.

Con - This is an older resort so the grounds were a bit shabby.
    Con - The toilet in the bridal suite broke 4 times! It was not until the last time they came to fix it that they opened the ajoining suite to allow us a functioning toilet. This caused me to be late for the wedding.
    Con - Skip Sundy Brunch - it was bad.
    Con - The grooms suite was not really up to the bridal suite, but the toilet worked!

Sent on 05/17/2012

Arizona Golf Resort's reply:

First Congratualtions. We are happy we were able to host your wedding here. We appreciate your review and want to know that we do read them. We would like to address some of your key issues.As part of our Wedding Package the Bride Receives a Suite for the day of and the Groom receives a complimentary Changing Room. We are sorry that you did not enjoy our Mothers Day Brunch, we did have many rave reviews though. We are sorry for the toilet issue and they did try fixing it for you and eventually they did open the additional adjoining room. We are sorry if the toilet issue as well as the hair dresser issue made your wedding run late. Again congratulations on your wedding and we wish you a lifetime of wedded bliss.

Justin · Married on 05/02/2015

1.6
      1.0

Have to post here since they blocked me on FB... I had my wedding here in 2015, I just want to remind anyone who maybe thinking of having there wedding here, DONT! Please message me and I’d be happy to share details. It includes wrong room assignments, three food tastings due to chefs quitting, event planner quitting, oh and best of all they threatened to cancel our wedding if we didn’t remove a post in which we were very factual. Please please, don’t have your wedding here, spend the money and go somewhere else otherwise you may regret it like us.

Sent on 03/21/2018

Justin-

I am sorry to hear about your experience in 2015. I can assure you that in 2018 we have worked out any problems that you had on your day. We wish you the very best.

Emily · Married on 03/12/2017

0.4
      0.5

booked a block of rooms for my wedding at the Paseo and I had nothing but trouble. The staff was rude to my guests, the rooms had broken lights and doors, and checkin could be as late as 5 pm for my 5:30 wedding. Brides beware: do not send your guests here! They made my 99 year old great grandmother wait outside until 5 pm to check in. This place was nothing but trouble and i was embarrassed for sending my guests here.

Sent on 03/17/2017