Arioso Strings Reviews

Arioso Strings 3
Arioso Strings 4
Arioso Strings 5

Edward Plyler · Getting married on 03/04/2021

WONDERFUL.... maybe need amplification?

would absolutely recommend them : excellent quality of music and communication.
    one note:
    if they could be amplified outdoors when there are more than 50-75 attendees, would be nice: very difficult to hear with 200 in courtyard unless you were within 15 feet of them

Sent on 05/20/2019

Arioso Strings's reply:

Hi Edward, Thank you for your kind words and the information on the setting. That area of the venue can be loud during a large cocktail hour. I know the group enjoyed playing and it sounds like it was quite a joyful crowd! Best wishes to the happy couple, please give them my warmest wishes.
  • Jen

Jen Holt · Married on 09/28/2019

Amazing Wedding Music

Craig and Luciano played guitar and violin at our daughters wedding. They were amazing and so kind. We received so many compliments on the wedding music. Mary was very helpful and prompt with responses when we had a question. The site is very easy to navigate to help you choose the perfect music. They were happy to learn new songs that we requested. It was all beautiful and just like we had imagined. Thank you so much and we hope to use you again in the future!

Sent on 10/06/2019

Arioso Strings's reply:

Jen, Congratulations on Olivia and Zach's marriage! Thank you for your kind words. We all really enjoy being a team that reduces stress and creates beauty for such an important day. Our violin/guitar duo is amazing and I am glad we could all help and make the day of your dreams! Best wishes to the happy couple and thank you for using Arioso Strings!
  • Beth

Beth Rudisill · Married on 09/03/2019

Live music enhanced my wedding!

Mary and Arioso Strings exceeded my expectations. They were wonderful to work with and were willing to investigate an arrangement for a trio to accompany a soloist for a special song that we had planned. I received numerous compliments for the beautiful music. I also need to mention how very responsive Mary was. She communicated with me multiple times from her vacation to make sure that my questions were answered. I highly recommend Arioso Strings for anyone planning an elegant wedding.

Sent on 05/13/2019

Arioso Strings's reply:

Congratulations Beth, and what a beautiful wedding! We enjoyed accompanying your friend, playing and also having our trumpeter there to perform. I'm glad I could help and it was a joy to be part of such an important day in your lives. Thank you for using Arioso Strings and best wishes!

Caitlin · Married on 06/01/2019

Great Musicians!

Arioso Strings performed live music for our Wedding Ceremony on 06/01/2019 at Melrose Knitting Mill and they did a fantastic job! Mary Block was very easy to work with, everything was very straight forward. They have a lot of samples and suggestions on their website to help you make selections. They were on-time and played beautifully. We would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 06/11/2019

Arioso Strings's reply:

Hi Caitlin, Congratulations and I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed the music! It was a pleasure working with you to get the songs chosen and helping to create an even more beautiful memory to such a special day. Thank you for your kind words and best wishes to you both!
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 05/18/2019

Beautiful!!

We had an odd request - I wanted to walk down the aisle to the Han and Leia Love Theme from Star Wars. They executed it PERFECTLY! I loved the music (I could hear it from where I stood) and they did such an excellent job with my requests.

Sent on 05/26/2019

Arioso Strings's reply:

Hi Sarah, Congratulations on your marriage! That was a fun challenge and, even though there was not a trio version of this out there, I was able to create one in my composing software for you. It was a pleasure to create something unique and so special to the two of you. Our trio enjoyed playing and thank you for letting others know about the possibilities!
  • Meredith

Meredith K · Married on 04/27/2019

Fabulous String Quartet!

I can’t say enough good things about Arioso Strings! They were punctual, professional, they played absolutely beautifully at my wedding. Mary was so responsive and easy to work with during the planning. The live music made such a difference during my ceremony and was worth every penny!

Sent on 05/11/2019

Arioso Strings's reply:

Meredith, it was a pleasure to have our quartet there for you and to help you with the music selections. I'm glad it made a difference to both the planning and the day of. Thank you for using Arioso Strings and best wishes to you both!!

Aaron Elrod · Married on 04/13/2019

Great to work with!

Mary is a true professional and was a pleasure to work with. We were very specific about the music we wanted and she easily accommodated it all. Other groups we spoke with were not nearly as helpful, but Arioso Strings was great. Weather changed our venue to indoors and they were very adaptable. I highly recommend Arioso Strings for any appropriate function!!

Sent on 05/11/2019

Arioso Strings's reply:

Congratulations Aaron! It was a pleasure to help, and I was glad we could play the pieces you requested. I love collecting great arrangements of music and you requested some beautiful pieces. It was an honor to have our duo playing for such a special time. Take care and best wishes!

Luann · Married on 04/06/2019

Best Decision Ever!

Mary was so easy to work with! Best decision ever to have Arioso Strings (quartet) play at my son's wedding! Never had to worry about a thing as far as the ceremony music and cocktail hour music. Arioso strings has a very large repertoire of music to choose from so there was something for everyone!

Sent on 05/20/2019

Arioso Strings's reply:

Luann, congratulations on Michael and Fah's marriage! I enjoyed helping with the music over the months and playing with our quartet. I'm so glad to hear that we reduced stress and increased the joy of such a special day! Warmest regards and our best wishes to the happy couple.

Emily · Married on 04/06/2019

The Soundtrack to our Beautiful Day!

Arioso Strings was one of the BEST things we invested in on our wedding day. We hired them as a string quartet which provided an ample amount of sound for our venue at the Angus Barn. Not only was the music poignant and beautiful but the flexibility and the versatility of the group went above and beyond our needs. Music was of utmost importance to both of us and we asked for 2 songs during our ceremony that were not listed in their repertoire-- "Buongiorno Principessa" from 'Life is Beautiful' and "Storybook Love" from 'The Princess Bride.' Arioso Strings, and specifically Mary Block, was incredibly extremely accommodating to our requests, down to the nitty gritty details of each piece. Mary was SO responsive and quick at getting back to every email I sent. She was also very positive about finding elegant and beautiful arrangements for these songs. On the day of, I felt so confident and assured that they would do a wonderful job, and they absolutely did!! Arioso Strings also has an very wide repertoire that they already offer, including popular modern songs (My husband loved "Concerning Hobbits" from Lord of the Rings). as well as old favorites like Vivaldi's "Four Seasons" or the Brandenburg Concertos. Please do yourself a favor and hire Arioso Strings for your wedding music. They are simply the best!!

Sent on 05/21/2019

Arioso Strings's reply:

Congratulations Emily! I'm so glad I could help and feel fortunate that we could be part of such a beautiful and meaningful time for you, your husband, family and friends. It was really a pleasure to help find music that added to your vision for that special time. Thank you so much for your kind words and for using Arioso Strings! Best wishes for a wonderful year,
    Mary
  • Emma

Emma Sternlof · Married on 03/30/2019

An amazing addition to our day!

I'm so glad Arioso Strings' lovely music was part of our wedding and cocktail hour! Mary was wonderful to work with - she provided great insights into song selection, arranged for the trio to learn a new piece (very meaningful to me) just for my processional, and sent the sweetest follow-up note. Arioso added an additional level of beauty and meaning to our service and we couldn't be more grateful.

Sent on 04/10/2019

Arioso Strings's reply:

Congratulations Emma! It was so much fun to play for you, your friends and family! Thank you for your kind words. We enjoyed adding The Book of Love to our trio repertoire and it was really pretty for your processional, especially in the Haw River Ballroom, which has such nice acoustics. Best wishes to you and Michael and thank you for making Arioso Strings part of such a special day.

Jonathan Mccollum · Married on 03/16/2019

The Best Ever!

I cannot tell you how wonderful Mary Block and Arioso Strings was at our ceremony. Everyone was talking about how beautiful the music was all night. My only sadness was that I wasn't there for the whole time they played. I am so honored they performed at our ceremony and would highly recommend them to anyone, anytime!!!

Sent on 03/19/2019

Arioso Strings's reply:

Congratulations Jonathan! Thank you for your kind words and I'm so glad to hear that your guests and family enjoyed the music.Always hard to know that the couple only gets to hear us for a few moments, but your friends and family were so appreciative. It was special to help over the months and play with our quartet that day. Fearrington was a lovely setting and you both looked so happy!! Best wishes for a wonderful year!

Madison · Married on 10/13/2018

Maddy Ward

The Arioso Strings duo I hired for my ceremony was the perfect addition! Their music was beautiful and they gave us the tools to personalize our ceremony. I could not recommend them enough!

Sent on 05/13/2019

Arioso Strings's reply:

Congratulations Maddy! We enjoyed playing for you, your family and friends and I enjoyed helping with the music all along the way. Thank you for your kind words and for having Arioso Strings as part of your special day! Best wishes, Mary.

Jo-Anne · Married on 09/20/2018

We were delighted with the music at our daughter’s wedding. From first point of contact and throughout the process of musical selection, contract, payment and performance, everything was handled with the highest level of professionalism.

Arioso Strings's reply:

Jo-Anne, thank you for the kind words and it was a pleasure to be part of such a special time. I enjoyed helping with the music selections and having our group play. Best wishes to all!

Katherine · Married on 09/15/2018

Everything was perfect!

Arioso Strings did a wonderful job with the music for our wedding ceremony. First of all, Mary Block went out of her way to find incredible musicians for us. They were absolutely fantastic! We had a lot of specific pieces that we wanted played at various points during the service, and Mary was able to accommodate all of our requests and provide helpful suggestions. She also went the extra mile by arranging and transposing two vocal pieces that we wanted performed. Mary was incredibly responsive to our many emails and talked with us on the phone on several occasions. She ensured that every single detail regarding the string and vocal music was taken care of. We could not have been happier with how our ceremony music turned out!

Sent on 11/24/2018

Arioso Strings's reply:

Congratulations Katherine and Mark! We were delighted to help and so glad to hear that you all enjoyed the music. You both chose some incredibly beautiful pieces and I am so glad that we could have our musicians and vocalist there to perform. It was a pleasure to be part of such a wonderful day, and I'm so glad the hurricane did not stop the moment from happening! Best wishes to you both and thank you again for using Arioso Strings!

Sandra · Married on 09/01/2018

Highly Recommend

An Arioso Strings Quintet provided music for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. They were fabulous from our very first conversations, through every moment of wedding day. Their composer transcribed one of our favorite pieces for quintet, and when it was played on wedding day, the guests erupted into spontaneous applause. Months after the wedding, people are still talking about the beautiful music. The musicians were also wonderfully flexible and professional when an unexpected summer storm had us scrambling at the last minute to move to our indoor "Plan B." Simply can't say enough good things about Mary Block and Arioso Strings. Even though I don't have another wedding coming up, I'll be looking for an excuse to hire them again!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Arioso Strings's reply:

Sandra, Congratulations on your daughter's marriage! It was so much fun to help on that special song "The Snowman!" It was a pleasure to give all the help we could to make this day one that lives sweetly in your memories. I am so appreciative of all the musicians in our group who give their best every time. Thank you for having us as a part of such an important day!

Katherine · Married on 09/01/2018

They were great!

A solo guitarist from Arioso Strings played the music for our wedding ceremony and we were very pleased with it! I would definitely recommend them to other brides.

Sent on 10/18/2018

Arioso Strings's reply:

Congratulations on your marriage Katherine! Thank you for your kind words. I enjoyed helping and our guitarist enjoyed performing for your wedding. Best wishes for a wonderful year!

Karen · Married on 08/26/2018

Arioso Strings provided a string quartet for our wedding, and I couldn't be happier with their contribution to our ceremony. I am a professional musician myself, so I was very particular in choosing repertoire for the prelude, processional, and recessional. They were not standard choices for a wedding, so I appreciated all the preparation they put into making sure it would all go off without a hitch. In addition, my father (a composer) wrote an interlude for the string quartet to perform with him on harp. It was such a beautiful addition to the ceremony, and the quartet did a splendid job with it. Mary's professionalism and attention to detail put my mind at ease while planning the wedding, and I was very happy with their beautiful playing for our ceremony.

Arioso Strings 6
    Sent on 08/31/2018

Arioso Strings's reply:

Congratulations Karen! It was so amazing to play such an incredible wedding! The song your father wrote was beautiful and we enjoyed performing it with him for you. The timing on the Beethoven turned out perfect.... and that was due to your attention to detail as we worked together over the months before. Thank you and best wishes to you both for a wonderful year.

Laura · Married on 08/25/2018

We were so happy that we hired Arioso Strings for our wedding at The Cookery in Durham. Mary was very responsive and professional--even when we inquired over the holidays and she was traveling overseas. She helped us choose the best music for our ceremony, and we received many compliments about the talent of the musicians at our event. My only regret is that, as the bride, I couldn't hear most of what they played since I was waiting in a different part of the venue! We would hire them again in a heartbeat.

Arioso Strings's reply:

Laura, congratulations on your marriage! We really enjoyed playing and I'm so glad we could play and be part of such an important day in your lives. Yes, the hardest part for the bride is she doesn't get to hear all of the music, but your guests got a treat and the live music made the moment you came down the aisle so beautiful! Best wishes to you both and thanks for using Arioso Strings!

Terri · Married on 07/13/2018

We booked Arioso Strings for our daughter's wedding at Fearrington Gardens. It was a pleasure to work with Mary Block of Arioso Strings from start to finish. Our guests enjoyed the music before the ceremony and also at the cocktail hour following the ceremony. We would definitely have Arioso Strings again.

Sent on 07/22/2018

Arioso Strings's reply:

Thank you Terri and congratulations on your daughter's marriage! It was terrific to work with you all on preparing the music and our quartet was delighted to play for such a special day. We're all happy to hear that the music was enjoyed from start to finish.

All the best,
    Mary
  • Alexia

Alexia · Married on 06/02/2018

Mary and her musicians know great music! We hired a violinist and cellist from the Arioso team to play at our ceremony and cocktail hour, and they did an incredible job.

When planning our ceremony music selections, Mary provided excellent expertise on what would sound the best. The team was able to play both of the songs that we wanted included – “Can’t Help Falling in Love” by Elvis Presley and “Make You Feel My Love” by Bob Dylan. At the suggestion of Mary, the musicians also played “Here Comes the Sun” by the Beatles as our recessional song – which was absolutely perfect as the sun was just starting to come out after a torrential downpour!

The musicians performed beautifully, and they really elevated our ceremony and cocktail hour!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Arioso Strings's reply:

Alexia, Congratulations to you on your marriage! I enjoyed helping with the music selections and our musicians had a wonderful time playing! I'm so glad we could help and that you, your family and friends enjoyed the music. There is nothing like live music to make the day perfect!

Lauren · Married on 06/02/2018

Arioso Strings did an amazing job for my wedding. We had a quartet which sounded phenomenal. I loved their options for contemporary and classical songs, which we had a mix of. They sounded amazing in the Historic Wakefield Barn. So glad I booked them!

Arioso Strings 7
    Arioso Strings 8
    Sent on 06/21/2018

Arioso Strings's reply:

Lauren, Congratulations on your marriage! The wedding was beautiful and what a fantastic new venue! Our quartet said it was an incredible space. We enjoyed playing for you, your friends and family. Take care and best wishes!!

Emily · Married on 05/26/2018

Arioso Strings was wonderful! We had a string quartet for our wedding ceremony, and the music was beautiful! Mary was very responsive and easy to work with leading up to the wedding. She was very flexible and gave helpful suggestions when I was trying to finalize the procession music. Would definitely recommend!

Arioso Strings's reply:

Hi Emily, Congratulations on your marriage! We enjoyed playing and being part of the day. Bay Seven is an amazing venue and it was a pleasure to play for you, your family and guests. Best wishes and thank you for using Arioso Strings!

Chrisie · Married on 05/18/2018

What a wonderful, beautiful ambience Arioso Strings brought to our wedding! We could not have asked for more!

Sent on 06/25/2018

Arioso Strings's reply:

Thank you Chrissie! It was a beautiful wedding and I enjoyed helping with the music and playing with our quartet. I am so happy to hear that the music added to the day. Best wishes to the happy couple!!

Lila · Married on 04/28/2018

Mary was great to work with in the planning and prep stages and the quartet was outstanding. Thank you!

Sent on 06/15/2018

Arioso Strings's reply:

Thank you Lila, and congratulations on your marriage! It was a pleasure to be part of the day and best wishes to you both!!!

Kathryn · Married on 04/14/2018

Mary was very communicative and responded very quickly to emails. Her group did an amazing job for our wedding and was able to play non-traditional songs beautifully (Led Zeppelin, Elvis Presley, Beatles)!! Mary's team enabled us to have ceremony music was a unique and meaningful to us! Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/13/2018