Arfana Jasar - Bridal Artist Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Shivani
    Shivani P. Married on 09/03/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Stop your MUA search and book Arfana!

Arfana made a person insecure about her looks feel confident, beautiful, and most importantly HERSELF! I had the most amazing working relationship with Arfana where she listened to what I wanted and the vibes I was going for and executed FLAWLESSLY!

From my first phone call with Arfana, I knew she was the one! Prior to talking to Arfana, I had reached out to over 65 hair and makeup artists for my wedding. Arfana's demeanor, professionalism, and passion for her art is truly amazing and inspirational. I booked her within days of talking to her!

Throughout the wedding planning process, Arfana was very responsive and always willing to jump on a call and talk. She gave me the feedback and honesty I needed throughout the process.

After my makeup trial, the confidence that I had in Arfana grew 10 fold. It grew so much that i just sent her a picture of my reception outfit and said - HAVE FUN I trust you.

During my wedding week in the midst of all the chaos, Arfana's presence was very calming. I was ready EARLY for each event. Also Arfana had a little touch up kit ready for me just in case I needed to reapply any of my makeup (its truly the little things like this that matter).

Not only was I OBSESSED with every hair/makeup look, but ALL of my guests from kids to parents loved each look. The amount of texts and calls I received after my wedding about my hair and makeup was unreal.

Arfana is not only an AMAZING artist but also an AMAZING person! I would recommend her to anyone and everyone that is looking for hair and makeup! Like the title says - Stop your MUA search and book Arfana!
  • Anavi
    Anavi S. Married on 07/02/2022

The BEST artist

Arfana was absolutely amazing my entire wedding weekend! Not only did she make me feel beautiful for each event, but she was accommodating with schedules and most importantly made me feel at ease during the entire getting ready process. Her energy was so calming, which is something every bride needs during her big day!! I would recommend her to every bride to be!
    Harnisha P. Married on 06/05/2022

Best mua!

I can't describe into words how beautiful Arfana made me look for each of my event. My most favorite part about her is she made sure I was comfortable with each of my look and more than anything it represented the true me. She is absolutely the best and I can trust her with her perfection techniques. I would hire her over and over again for magical results. She is the best vendor I have worked with when it came to communications and professionalism. She was always on time for each event. I can honestly look back and reimagine how unique each look was that she created for me. From draping to hair to makeup everything you can possibly imagine to complete the look was done in detail with perfection. She is the best when it comes to her knowledge and skills. I feel so lucky have you Arfana on my big day and thank you very very much for making me look so beautiful!!!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Dharti S. Married on 06/01/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

10000/10 would recommend! Best Experience!

Working with Arfana is every Brides dream! She is super professional, detail orientated, organized and overall an amazing person! I met Arfana in person during our trial, and she was so welcoming. I was honest with her from the start that I knew nothing about makeup and had not really put a lot of thought into my looks. She was so helpful in guiding me on what would work and what might not, without making me feel intimidated. She provided 3 amazing looks for my wedding and was so patient with me. During my time in her chair, she made me feel like her attention was solely on me and made me feel important on my special day. I appreciated Arfana’s guidance throughout my wedding journey and am so grateful to have met her and work with her. She is so talented when it comes to HMU but she also pays attention to your skin! Arfana pays attention to that level of details and gave me instructions for how to take care of my skin during my wedding and even after. It is because of her that I have a skin care routine and am working on getting my skin to the healthiest it has been and inspired me to dabble a little in makeup as well. I recommend Arfana to any bride because she is simply the best at what she does but she’s also an amazing person! Any bride would be so lucky to work with her!!
    Hemali R. Married on 04/22/2022

4/22/22 wedding and reception

Arfana is an absolute dream to work with!!! Despite living out of state and being unable to do a makeup trial before booking, everything went flawlessly. Additionally, her team did my bridesmaids makeup and hair incredibly!! From the moment I booked her up until my wedding day- she has been extremely responsive and attentive. On top of all of that, she is a genuine, sweet and hardworking person. She truly wants to deliver the look that her bride envisions herself having. I can’t thank her enough for how beautiful she made me feel and look at both my wedding and reception!! She is passionate about the art she creates and she will never deliver anything short of brilliance and excellence- guaranteed.
    Shruthi R. Married on 12/13/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The most amazing makeup artist!

I am not even exaggerating when I say she is the most amazing MUA out there!! Arfana was the first makeup artist I reached out to because I was so in love with her work that she posted on Instagram and on her website. I reached out to her and luckily she was available on my wedding date. Right from day one, her goal was to make me feel comfortable in my own skin. One week before the wedding, we discussed in detail what exactly I wanted my hair and makeup to look like on my wedding day. She gives you a checklist of things to do/items to bring for the makeup session. That makes everything so easy (given that the bride is so stressed at the last minute) and overall she is so energetic, loving and absolutely sweet to talk to. Arfana's SAREE DRAPING skills are absolutely mind blowing. Being a plus size bride, I have always had nightmares on how will I look on my wedding day wearing a heavy Kanchipuram saree. But the way she draped the saree on me, I was mind-blown. She pre-pleated both my muhurtham sarees one day before the event so it wasn't a last minute hassle. Between the wedding ceremony, Arfana did the second saree change in less than 15 minutes and that shows how experienced she is.
    Overall, my Bridal Hair & Makeup was on point, I totally loved working with Arfana and I would highly recommend her to other brides. She is absolutely sweet and fun to talk to and I love how professional and organized she is.
  • Jaison
    Jaison S. Married on 09/04/2021

Wedding Hair and Makeup

Arfana was attentive and committed to making my wedding and hair makeup dreams come true!!
    Darshi P. Married on 08/21/2021

Overjoyed and amazed

I am still in awe of Arfana’s wonderful skills
    Akash P. Married on 08/07/2021

Absolute BEST!!!

I would HIGHLY recommend Arfana as your bridal artist. After talking to her over the phone that first time, I knew I wanted her to be a part of my big day! When I reached out to her, I was going through a process of switching out my venues and she was super understanding of everything which made the situation a lot less stressful for me. She is super talented and gives you honest advice about everything from your skincare to things to look out for when you’re shopping for your dresses/jewelry to things to do and not to do before your wedding day/events and literally everything you can possibly imagine! You can tell after talking to her and working with her that she really loves her job and is very passionate about her work.
    I didn't have any specific looks I wanted for my wedding events and all I told her was how I wanted to do something different than the usual and go out of my comfort zone from what I usually do at other weddings. She really delivered and KILLED all the looks for my 3 events. For someone who does not put on much makeup, she made sure I looked like my natural self but also made sure I had that bridal look. She made me feel absolutely AMAZING and I got so many compliments from everyone not only at the event but also from others who saw me on friends/families social media platforms. It was a pleasure working with her and I hope after reading this review, you feel the same way! THANK YOU ARFANA!!!
    Rima C. Married on 07/24/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

AMAZING! Not enough words to express how much I appreciate Arfana!

Where should I start?! Arfana is such an amazing, experienced, and TALENTED artist! I am so lucky that I was able to book Arfana for my wedding and pre-wedding events! She worked with me diligently and accomplished the perfect look for each of my events! She took the time to understand what look I wanted for each event and was very detailed to make sure my vision came true! She understood my style right away and knew what I would like before I even knew what I wanted! For my wedding ceremony look, she took the time to perfect my lip color shade she made her own blends until she reached the color I was looking for! I thoroughly enjoyed being in Arfana's chair she made me feel so calm and peaceful prior to each event and was even a shoulder to cry on! I can't express enough how much I appreciate Arfana and her dedication as an artist! She truly made my experience so fun and not stressful at all! Not to mention she is an amazing human being so easy to talk to! I felt like I knew her for years! I'm eagerly waiting for another opportunity to jump into her chair again! :)

Arfana Jasar - Bridal Artist's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Rima! I had the best time ever working with you and creating your dream bridal makeover. You are a wonderful human being and I wish you and Ricki all the very best with everything! I will miss you!
    Riddhi Married on 07/17/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Hair, makeup, draping - Nothing short of perfection!

There are not enough positive words to describe my experience with Arfana. Arfana made my entire hair/makeup/draping process seamless. I appreciated how thorough she was in her emails as this helped TREMENDOUSLY for day of execution. I knew that she was one vendor I did not have to worry about because all the small kinks and details were ironed out prior to my wedding day. I had all of my ducks in a row and packed everything I needed/she requested a week before my wedding. And the most important part throughout this process was that she listened to each request and executed it to perfection! She is a professional that has truly mastered her craft. More importantly, she is really just such a genuine, kind and down to earth person - the qualities that matter most to me. I recommend her 100x over!
  • Sachi
    Sachi P. Married on 06/13/2021

Must have MUA for brides

Working with Arfana for my Sangeet and Bridal look leaves me with just one thought - I got super duper lucky! I wanted to go for a natural look for both my events and Arfana did an amazing job listening to my vision and adding subtle touches that made me shine when I needed to. I really appreciated her professionalism and care during my time with her. She is an absolute gem of a human being making sure I was well hydrated and fed during long hours of our make up sessions. On the wedding day, there were couple of times when I had to go back to her to fix my bridal look of because of minor accidents (like losing my bindi during first-look, getting my hair string pulled after a hug) and she was there to help me out, calming me down and making sure I wasn't panicking about my look. I would highly recommend Arfana to any bride looking for an MUA as it is hard to find someone who has a natural talent for what they do and truly cares about making brides feel extra special for their big events! So if you are able to book her, you are in luck!

Arfana Jasar - Bridal Artist's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Sachi! I appreciate you!! I had a wonderful time working with you and I am glad you felt your most beautiful on your wedding day. It is what I deeply care about and I am grateful to have had the opportunity! Please stay in touch and I wish you all the best with everything!
  • Amita
    Amita S. Married on 10/18/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Would highly recommend Arfana!!

I had the pleasure of working with Arfana Jasar for my wedding this year. Although we could not do an in-person trial, Arfana took the time out to meet with me virtually to understand my personality and vision for my big day. We instantly hit it off with our love retro timeless looks of actors from old movies and were on the same wavelength from the get-go! I was struggling to find a bindhi like the one I wanted in stores and Arfana took the trouble to look for it on her own! Arfana was extremely punctual and professional. She got me ready in time. She pre-pleated my saree beforehand and draped my saree to perfection! Arfana also brought my dream hairstyle to reality! I cannot recommend Arfana enough to other South Indian brides who are looking for a very talented makeup and hair artist who can pleat a saree so beautifully! She was such a pleasure to work with and I will never forget her!
    Jimika M. Married on 10/11/2020

Micro Wedding Experience

Arfana was accommodating and made sure to take all preventative measures during this time for my wedding. She was not only responsive and a great help to all my pre-wedding questions but went the extra mile to help answer any of my other wedding concerns to what would complete my look. I would 100% refer Arfana to anyone as her work speaks volume and she did an impeccable job.
    Ernest C. Married on 09/26/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Professional, Compassionate, Talented Bridal Artist!!

Having Arfana as my hair, makeup, and draping stylist was one of the best decisions about my big day! She did an amazing job on all my bridal looks. I truly appreciate Arfana's meticulous attention to detail; not single pleat or hair curl was out of place and my winged liner was so sharp, it could kill. I have naturally curly hair and Arfana was not only okay with me wearing my hair curly, she was excited about it! She allowed me to feel like myself and that is something I will always cherish. Not to mention, she created the PERFECT curly bun for my ceremony. There were challenges on my wedding day and Arfana was able to adapt to meet them - 1. My hair required a little more TLC compared to our trial due to the rough hotel pillow cases which frizzed up curls; 2. My skin developed a (brief) rash due to an interaction of the jewelry and skin serum; 3. I was unsure whether to drape 2 dupattas or just 1, this was a game time decision and she was so understanding and assisted me in coming up with a plan so we could handle either. Everything ended up working out well and on time. Arfana remained calm the entire time.

Arfana also went above and beyond the duties of a traditional hair and makeup artist. Arfana was kind enough to advise me on jewelry for my ceremony outfit because I was conflicted. She also advised on skin care, providing a consultation months before the wedding so that a proper skin care routine could be established for healthy skin on the wedding day.

One of the things I appreciated most about Arfana was her professionalism. She responded to all emails within 24-48 hours. She is thorough in her planning and there was no confusion regarding my expectations from her and her expectations from me. I cannot emphasize how important this level of thoroughness and timeliness is when working with a vendor (we learned the hard way from some of our other vendors who did not share these characteristics!).

Throughout our interactions leading up to the wedding day, Arfana became a friend instead of just being my bridal stylist. I cherished having the opportunity to work with her and I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a professional, compassionate, and talented bridal stylist!
    Payal P. Married on 07/25/2020

Arfana MUA review

Arfana is incredibly talented at what she does and if you are looking for someone that has the ability to make you feel beautiful she has a magic wand she is your artist. She knows how to work with each person’s unique features and when she is done you will feel so much more confident in your skin. Her work doesn’t change you as a person but emphasizing the beauty you already have. I have how natural, timeless and full coverage my look turned out. I love her gentle and empathic she was towards me. She took her time when she worked through my makeup, hair and draping but still managed to get me ready on time. my expectations were not just met but exceeded. I will never go to another makeup artist. I am so please with her service and I highly recommend her.

Thank you Arfana for making me feel so beautiful on my special day and thank you for being so patient with me.

• Janki
    Janki B. Married on 06/13/2020

Great experience

I had a great experience working with Arfana for my engagement hair and make up this past summer. She was very accommodating with all the mishaps that occurred on the day of my event and she was extremely easy to talk to. It was very obvious that she was very experienced and knew what she was doing. She created the perfect look for me and I received compliments from just about everyone that night. I am very happy to have worked with Arfana for my special day and I would definitely recommend her to anyone looking for hair and make up services!
    Anishka G. Married on 06/10/2020

Book her stat

My only regret is not booking with Arfana sooner! Arfana is as professional as they come - she will make it a point to understand your skin better than you do. As someone who formerly worked in the service industry, I know Arfana is the gold standard in providing professional, meticulous and friendly service. I came to Arfana as an extremely stressed out bride on 2 occasions and in both she was successful in making me look and feel refreshed. It was really important to me to have an artist who can work with various skin tones besides my own (as my wedding party was multicultural). Arfana was able to do just that - she is truly skilled and knowledgeable in every aspect of her craft. She exceeded my expectations and went above the call of duty. I wish I had another event that necessitates professional hair and make-up so that I could book with Arfana again!!
    Nandita M. Married on 11/30/2019

Absolutely Amazing!!!!!

Arfana made all my wedding looks absolutely perfect from the early morning makeup/hair and sari, mid-ceremony sari change, and the reception. Aside her great skills, we got along super great which made the time go by faster and the process less strenuous. After I got my trial done, I knew then that I was 100% booking her as my HMUA. Although my wedding day was quite hectic, Arfana made sure that I was always calm and collected before all else. I couldn't be more thankful and grateful for having her as my HMUA and the biggest plus was that she was great at draping saris (south indian style).
  • Nidhi
    Nidhi Married on 10/11/2019

Excellent!!

I found Arfana through her Instagram Page and I love her work and she was exactly who I wanted to do my Bridal Hair and Makeup for all events. She is great at what she does, which is not only Bridal Hair and Makeup but she also works with Models to do Photoshoots as well. She makes you feel
    Super relaxed and understands the frustrations that happen during weddings. I am so Happy she dolled me up for my Big Day. Thank you Lots Arfana. 🤗
  • Janki
    Janki Married on 09/07/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Perfection. Best MUA you'll ever find.

Arfana's talent is OUT of this world and the BEST wedding decision I made! I was searching through 15+ MUA's in the tri-state area with such specific wants and needs for my wedding & randomly came across Arfana via Instagram. I was overjoyed by our first conversation on the phone and felt so lucky to have found her. She the perfect mix of genuine excitement for my day, thirst for creativity, and unwavering confidence I needed to hear. I wanted someone who can do hair, makeup, and draping, but cant stress enough how amazing it was that she even provided the most gorgeous lashes & hair extensions if needed! It really takes away a lot of stress when you’re not in charge of finding your own extensions. Not only is she extremely talented and professional, but she is so personable and comforting. She has an incredible drive to make sure you get everything and anything you envision for your big day and will go above and beyond (understatement) to make everything PERFECT. I had a specific vision for the dupatta drape for my wedding ceremony which was complicated and required a lot more time & Arfana listened with open ears at my trial and not only made it happen, she accomplished it beyond my wildest imagination (please see pics if you haven’t already, I’m still OBSESSED). She made it unique to me & then meticulously hand stitched it all so it wouldn’t move the day of and made sure it was ready way before the wedding. She even took care of it for me like it was her child. I also wanted a THICK braid in my hair when I have the thinnest hair & she worked tirelessly aiming for the perfect braid and I cant explain how much I LOVED it. It really made my day. When most MUA’s told me a hairstyle is dependent on my hair’s texture, length, etc and whether my hair allows for it, Arfana had more of a “bring it on” perspective to any challenge. When it comes down to it, a bride’s dreams or visions aren’t obstacles for Arfana, they’re a reason to work harder and deliver satisfaction. Arfana will not disappoint. I also love that she not only has experience in South Asian hair and makeup, but in all different skin tones and hair textures. She is constantly advancing her skills and also does a lot of editorials and photoshoots. Arfie, I am so thankful for how you made me feel that morning and the time we spent, overall support during the entire wedding planning year, and to have found a lifelong friend through this process! Brides, I can’t recommended her enough, book her ASAP, and definitely feel free to reach out if you’re on the fence!
  • Rina
    Rina P. Married on 08/10/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

AMAZING Make-up Artist! HIGHLY Recommend.

I had Arfana do my wedding makeup and I could not have had a better experience. She was so easy to talk to and so knowledgable in her craft that I left each session knowing more about taking care of my skin and finding the perfect makeup that suited me. She created the perfect looks that not only complimented my outfits, but my taste in makeup as well. Everyone was blown away by my hair and makeup and I have her to thank for that!
  • Misha
    Misha M. Married on 07/28/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Wonderful person to work with!

Arfana was the first makeup artist I spoke to and I knew right from the start that I wanted her there on my wedding day. First of all, she was the only artist out of all the ones we'd messaged who said she would be happy to work with my naturally curly hair, and being a curly girl herself she knew exactly what to do. In terms of makeup, I felt like she really listened to me. After the trial when I felt the initial look she gave me was too much, she toned it down and gave me the exact look I had dreamed about. It felt really nice to be heard when a lot of people in the wedding industry are just trying to sell you stuff you don't need. Finally, she was the MVP of the day when the zipper on my reception dress broke and she worked tirelessly to come up with a solution. What was also great is that she only works on the bride and doesn't force you to hire her team or have a minimum number of people who have to get hair and makeup with her. It made the whole process of working with her very easygoing, and she is super professional as well. She was happy and friendly the whole day of the wedding and I'm so happy I chose her to be my hair and makeup artist :)
    Vinita Married on 07/20/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Great experience and such an nice person!

Picking Arfana as my MUA was a great decision. As someone who hates wearing a ton of makeup I loved the way I looked on my wedding day! My makeup was just the right amount of natural and glam. Arfana gave me her professional advice on what would look good on me but never forced her opinions on me (I did trust her judgement and went with her advice). I ended up changing my ceremony hairstyle not too long before the wedding and she was very accommodating with the changes. She's easy and a joy to work with!
    Priya Married on 07/06/2019

HIGHLY Recommend!!!

Arfana is truly a master at what she does. She is so incredibly personable, funny, and truly puts the bride first. Weddings can be extremely chaotic and stressful and I knew that I could rely on Arfana to make me feel glamorous, beautiful and confident on my big day. She is very knowledgeable, organized, punctual, and responsive to emails and texts. We communicated regularly up until the wedding day, and she taught me so much about proper skin care. She truly tries to get to know the bride and creates a look that is within her element yet bold and beautiful. She is a great leader and was able to accommodate some last minute hair and makeup requests for the bridal party while finishing up my hair and makeup. One of my biggest concerns of the wedding day was that I would not have enough time to create a second look for the evening reception but Arfana was able to transform me in the short time that we had between the events. I am so happy that I came across Arfana’s Instagram, I will always go to her for all of my hair and makeup needs. I cannot say enough great things about Arfana!
illustration stars