Arfana Jasar - Bridal Artist Reviews

30 | Dayton, NJ

30 Reviews for Arfana Jasar - Bridal Artist

• Amita

Amita S. · Married on 10/18/2020

Would highly recommend Arfana!!

I had the pleasure of working with Arfana Jasar for my wedding this year. Although we could not do an in-person trial, Arfana took the time out to meet with me virtually to understand my personality and vision for my big day. We instantly hit it off with our love retro timeless looks of actors from old movies and were on the same wavelength from the get-go! I was struggling to find a bindhi like the one I wanted in stores and Arfana took the trouble to look for it on her own! Arfana was extremely punctual and professional. She got me ready in time. She pre-pleated my saree beforehand and draped my saree to perfection! Arfana also brought my dream hairstyle to reality! I cannot recommend Arfana enough to other South Indian brides who are looking for a very talented makeup and hair artist who can pleat a saree so beautifully! She was such a pleasure to work with and I will never forget her!

Sent on 11/30/2020

Jimika M. · Married on 10/11/2020

Micro Wedding Experience

Arfana was accommodating and made sure to take all preventative measures during this time for my wedding. She was not only responsive and a great help to all my pre-wedding questions but went the extra mile to help answer any of my other wedding concerns to what would complete my look. I would 100% refer Arfana to anyone as her work speaks volume and she did an impeccable job.

Sent on 07/12/2020

Payal P. · Married on 07/25/2020

Arfana MUA review

Arfana is incredibly talented at what she does and if you are looking for someone that has the ability to make you feel beautiful she has a magic wand she is your artist. She knows how to work with each person’s unique features and when she is done you will feel so much more confident in your skin. Her work doesn’t change you as a person but emphasizing the beauty you already have. I have how natural, timeless and full coverage my look turned out. I love her gentle and empathic she was towards me. She took her time when she worked through my makeup, hair and draping but still managed to get me ready on time. my expectations were not just met but exceeded. I will never go to another makeup artist. I am so please with her service and I highly recommend her.

Thank you Arfana for making me feel so beautiful on my special day and thank you for being so patient with me.

Sent on 06/09/2021
  • Janki

Janki B. · Married on 06/13/2020

Great experience

I had a great experience working with Arfana for my engagement hair and make up this past summer. She was very accommodating with all the mishaps that occurred on the day of my event and she was extremely easy to talk to. It was very obvious that she was very experienced and knew what she was doing. She created the perfect look for me and I received compliments from just about everyone that night. I am very happy to have worked with Arfana for my special day and I would definitely recommend her to anyone looking for hair and make up services!

Sent on 09/26/2019
  • Anishka

Anishka G. · Married on 06/10/2020

Book her stat

My only regret is not booking with Arfana sooner! Arfana is as professional as they come - she will make it a point to understand your skin better than you do. As someone who formerly worked in the service industry, I know Arfana is the gold standard in providing professional, meticulous and friendly service. I came to Arfana as an extremely stressed out bride on 2 occasions and in both she was successful in making me look and feel refreshed. It was really important to me to have an artist who can work with various skin tones besides my own (as my wedding party was multicultural). Arfana was able to do just that - she is truly skilled and knowledgeable in every aspect of her craft. She exceeded my expectations and went above the call of duty. I wish I had another event that necessitates professional hair and make-up so that I could book with Arfana again!!

Sent on 12/03/2019

Nandita M. · Married on 11/30/2019

Absolutely Amazing!!!!!

Arfana made all my wedding looks absolutely perfect from the early morning makeup/hair and sari, mid-ceremony sari change, and the reception. Aside her great skills, we got along super great which made the time go by faster and the process less strenuous. After I got my trial done, I knew then that I was 100% booking her as my HMUA. Although my wedding day was quite hectic, Arfana made sure that I was always calm and collected before all else. I couldn't be more thankful and grateful for having her as my HMUA and the biggest plus was that she was great at draping saris (south indian style).

Sent on 01/05/2020
  • Nidhi

Nidhi · Married on 10/11/2019

Excellent!!

I found Arfana through her Instagram Page and I love her work and she was exactly who I wanted to do my Bridal Hair and Makeup for all events. She is great at what she does, which is not only Bridal Hair and Makeup but she also works with Models to do Photoshoots as well. She makes you feel
    Super relaxed and understands the frustrations that happen during weddings. I am so Happy she dolled me up for my Big Day. Thank you Lots Arfana. 🤗

Sent on 07/29/2020
  • Janki

Janki · Married on 09/07/2019

Perfection. Best MUA you'll ever find.

Arfana's talent is OUT of this world and the BEST wedding decision I made! I was searching through 15+ MUA's in the tri-state area with such specific wants and needs for my wedding & randomly came across Arfana via Instagram. I was overjoyed by our first conversation on the phone and felt so lucky to have found her. She the perfect mix of genuine excitement for my day, thirst for creativity, and unwavering confidence I needed to hear. I wanted someone who can do hair, makeup, and draping, but cant stress enough how amazing it was that she even provided the most gorgeous lashes & hair extensions if needed! It really takes away a lot of stress when you’re not in charge of finding your own extensions. Not only is she extremely talented and professional, but she is so personable and comforting. She has an incredible drive to make sure you get everything and anything you envision for your big day and will go above and beyond (understatement) to make everything PERFECT. I had a specific vision for the dupatta drape for my wedding ceremony which was complicated and required a lot more time & Arfana listened with open ears at my trial and not only made it happen, she accomplished it beyond my wildest imagination (please see pics if you haven’t already, I’m still OBSESSED). She made it unique to me & then meticulously hand stitched it all so it wouldn’t move the day of and made sure it was ready way before the wedding. She even took care of it for me like it was her child. I also wanted a THICK braid in my hair when I have the thinnest hair & she worked tirelessly aiming for the perfect braid and I cant explain how much I LOVED it. It really made my day. When most MUA’s told me a hairstyle is dependent on my hair’s texture, length, etc and whether my hair allows for it, Arfana had more of a “bring it on” perspective to any challenge. When it comes down to it, a bride’s dreams or visions aren’t obstacles for Arfana, they’re a reason to work harder and deliver satisfaction. Arfana will not disappoint. I also love that she not only has experience in South Asian hair and makeup, but in all different skin tones and hair textures. She is constantly advancing her skills and also does a lot of editorials and photoshoots. Arfie, I am so thankful for how you made me feel that morning and the time we spent, overall support during the entire wedding planning year, and to have found a lifelong friend through this process! Brides, I can’t recommended her enough, book her ASAP, and definitely feel free to reach out if you’re on the fence!

Sent on 11/28/2020
  • Rina

Rina P. · Married on 08/10/2019

AMAZING Make-up Artist! HIGHLY Recommend.

I had Arfana do my wedding makeup and I could not have had a better experience. She was so easy to talk to and so knowledgable in her craft that I left each session knowing more about taking care of my skin and finding the perfect makeup that suited me. She created the perfect looks that not only complimented my outfits, but my taste in makeup as well. Everyone was blown away by my hair and makeup and I have her to thank for that!

Sent on 08/18/2019
  • Misha

Misha M. · Married on 07/28/2019

Wonderful person to work with!

Arfana was the first makeup artist I spoke to and I knew right from the start that I wanted her there on my wedding day. First of all, she was the only artist out of all the ones we'd messaged who said she would be happy to work with my naturally curly hair, and being a curly girl herself she knew exactly what to do. In terms of makeup, I felt like she really listened to me. After the trial when I felt the initial look she gave me was too much, she toned it down and gave me the exact look I had dreamed about. It felt really nice to be heard when a lot of people in the wedding industry are just trying to sell you stuff you don't need. Finally, she was the MVP of the day when the zipper on my reception dress broke and she worked tirelessly to come up with a solution. What was also great is that she only works on the bride and doesn't force you to hire her team or have a minimum number of people who have to get hair and makeup with her. It made the whole process of working with her very easygoing, and she is super professional as well. She was happy and friendly the whole day of the wedding and I'm so happy I chose her to be my hair and makeup artist :)

Sent on 11/01/2019

Vinita · Married on 07/20/2019

Great experience and such an nice person!

Picking Arfana as my MUA was a great decision. As someone who hates wearing a ton of makeup I loved the way I looked on my wedding day! My makeup was just the right amount of natural and glam. Arfana gave me her professional advice on what would look good on me but never forced her opinions on me (I did trust her judgement and went with her advice). I ended up changing my ceremony hairstyle not too long before the wedding and she was very accommodating with the changes. She's easy and a joy to work with!

Sent on 01/08/2020

Priya · Married on 07/06/2019

HIGHLY Recommend!!!

Arfana is truly a master at what she does. She is so incredibly personable, funny, and truly puts the bride first. Weddings can be extremely chaotic and stressful and I knew that I could rely on Arfana to make me feel glamorous, beautiful and confident on my big day. She is very knowledgeable, organized, punctual, and responsive to emails and texts. We communicated regularly up until the wedding day, and she taught me so much about proper skin care. She truly tries to get to know the bride and creates a look that is within her element yet bold and beautiful. She is a great leader and was able to accommodate some last minute hair and makeup requests for the bridal party while finishing up my hair and makeup. One of my biggest concerns of the wedding day was that I would not have enough time to create a second look for the evening reception but Arfana was able to transform me in the short time that we had between the events. I am so happy that I came across Arfana’s Instagram, I will always go to her for all of my hair and makeup needs. I cannot say enough great things about Arfana!

Sent on 10/06/2019

Aiman A. · Married on 06/08/2019

She did it all for me - Pakistani, South Indian, Mehndi and Nikkah looks!

I am a Pakistani bride who married a South Indian man and so I needed someone who could help me attain both my Pakistani and South Indian wedding dreams! I either had to find someone who did it all or find separate makeup/hair artists for each day. That being said, I'm lucky I found Arfana on instagram and knew she could help me achieve all my looks! (nikkah, mehndi, south indian, and reception) and we spoke for months whenever I had ideas or wishes! I told her I didn't want so much makeup that I didn't look like myself, but wanted to experiment with different looks that would look timeless when I looked 50 years from now. She was so responsive to every text/email and was one of, if not the most, VALUABLE and creative vendor I had! She was professional and experienced and I knew how much I relied on reviews to book my vendors so figured this was a way to give back to those whose reviews helped me pick Arfana. My only suggestion in the wedding process is to know who you're working with, because since I had such a good experience with Arfana I thought the girls with her who did my bridal party would be great and they just didn't live up to Arfana's talent (and of course I know that my bridal party wouldn't be getting bridal treatment/makeup). That being said, Arfana was very reliable and a pleasure to work with. My whole family loved her approach and talent! book her!

Sent on 08/05/2019

Aemi P. · Married on 05/26/2019

Bridal make up

I booked Arfana, after months of searching for a make up artist on instagram. From day one, she was very responsive, professional and patient with my needs. What I really liked about Arfana is that she listened to my needs and made sure I was comfortable with my looks for each events. She’s really good at keeping it minimal, which is what i like. I will be booking her for all my future events and would recommend her to all my friends and family. Thank you Arfana for making me look and feel beautiful and for providing such a wonderful service.

Sent on 06/04/2019

Sweta P. · Married on 05/26/2019

Best makeup artist ever

Arfana is one of the sweetest people I have met. She was so detail oriented and organized. She communicated with me on multiple occasions to assure I will get the look I’m hoping for.. and I DID! She did amazing, I received so many compliments for all of my looks. 10/10 would recommend!!

Sent on 06/01/2021

Bujji · Married on 02/23/2019

Great experience

Arfana is really an excellent makeup artist.. i got lot of compliments on all of my makeup and hairstyle looks i got done with her. On one occasion i was unable to travel to her place and i needed services where i requested her to come to my place on a very short notice... she did come by taking trouble even at a short notice and even got hair accessories. And now she has become my very good friend and my personal makeup artist where i can trust her for a look for any occasion.

Sent on 04/16/2019

Ranja B. · Married on 12/01/2018

Count on Arfana !!!

Arfana knows her job very well. She will make you feel very comfortable and give a patient hearing of what type of look you want for your D-day. She does her homework religiously so it saves lot of time that day in discussing or experimenting what to do or not. Her makeup looks glamorous, elegant and not overdo. Loved her hairdo which is pretty innovative. I am sure no one will be disappointed on her big day.

Sent on 03/27/2019
  • Tanzin

Tanzin · Married on 11/24/2018

Absolutely loved it!

I am so glad that I found Arfana through a google search! Before officially booking her for my Gaye holud and wedding day makeup, I had a trial session with her. I was really pleased with her attention to details, responsiveness, punctuality and not to mention, her hospitality. During the trial session at her house, she served me snacks and water :)
    From the day I contacted her for a quote to the day she delivered my final makeup, she was always very helpful with any questions or concerns I had. I have never had any professional makeup done up until that point. So I sure had a lot of questions.
    One thing I loved about her was how detail oriented she is. She listened to me very carefully to understand what kind of makeup look i wanted to go for. She sent me an email with a list of skincare routines leading upto my wedding weekend, which I found to be very helpful.
    She arrived to my house on time on both days and was very patient, even when my house was full of guests and very chaotic :/
    I loved how my makeup turned out for both days. It was very long lasting and I got a lot of compliments throughout the nights.
    I’d definitely recommend Arfana to everyone, and would love to work with her in the future again!

Sent on 04/01/2019

Rima · Married on 08/11/2018

I came across Afrana through instagram, she had done a few weddings of my friends before who all looked gorgeous so I figured why not go do a trial. I was not disappointed, she is so talented and knows exactly what to do. She helped me so much before the wedding with giving me recommendations for skin care products and a routine to follow, my now husband even follows her routine. On the day of the wedding she put in work, I was sick and she still worked with my coughing self to make me look flawless. I can't recommend her enough. She has an eye for things that you normally wouldn't see on your own. Afrana I can't thank you enough for everything. Also her pricing is so much more reasonable than a lot of the other make up artists I was looking into.

Sent on 08/30/2018

Mitisha · Married on 05/12/2018

Arfana is a terrific artist. I came across her through a series of references and surprisingly then, a lot of them recommended I work with her to have my perfect "bridal updo". Looking back two months after, I am glad to mention that I made just the right choice. It was all very perfect, from my make up to my hair style, it all seemed flawless.

She is very talented and has a flair at working with face and hair. She will certainly give you the right look, so you are prepared and confident for your big day! Her suggestions are valuable take them, and give her everything she needs - (a photo with make up, without make up or whatever else), for she will help unleash the princess in disguise.

Warmly,
    Mitisha.

Sent on 07/24/2018

Rishita D. · Married on 04/28/2018

Doctor Bride 4/28/18

Arfana is one of the best makeup artist I have common across hands down. From my makeup trial to my wedding day so made sure I was put at ease, listened to what I wanted, and worked with the changes when I liked something else. I wanted a natural look but still feel and look pretty on my wedding day and Arfana definitely delivered that to me. She was on time on the day of the my wedding day, made sure I was calm, and worked with my ridiculously long hair. She even tools to help put on my anklets. She was prepared for every disaster that could be possible for an Indian bride. She responded to all my emails/texts promptly and worked along with my crazy medical school schedule. I would highly recommend Arfana to all my family and friends. You can't go wrong with Arfana.

Sent on 04/02/2019

Vrajeshri · Married on 02/15/2018

A truly talented artist

I am so thankful that I found Arfana for my wedding day. From all my vendors, she was the most professional, organized, calming, and a truly talented make-up artist. From the beginning, she provided tips to get my skin to its healthiest. At the trial session, we became comfortable with each other which makes all the difference. She worked with me until we both settled on the perfect look. Even on the wedding day/night, she was able to adapt to the tan I mistakenly got and the time changes that tightened her schedule. You don't realize it, but your hair and make-up artist is someone you spend a lot of time with on your wedding day. Its important to have someone you're comfortable with. Arfana was able to keep me calm and glamorous throughout the day and for that I am truly grateful. I recommend her for all your high-stress, big day needs!

Sent on 03/27/2019

Sapna · Married on 10/07/2017

Arfana is one of the most personable, professional, prompt person I have worked with. She treated me like a person, not a client. From the moment I interacted with Arfana on the phone, I knew she would be very easy to work with. When I had my makeup trial, she listened to me and performed the trial with patience and dedication. During my wedding week, I had the pleasure of working with Arfana for my Garba, Wedding, & Reception. She made me feel glamorous, fabulous, and beautiful. Through all the stress of wedding planning, I was so afraid of not feeling like "the bride". With Arfana's skills and talents, I felt like I was able to feel and see my vision of a "dream bride". Thank you so much Arfana for all your hard work and beautifying me. I recommend Arfana to all the beautiful brides looking for a makeup artist for their engagement/wedding event.

Sent on 10/16/2017

Meneka · Married on 06/17/2017

Arfana was recommended to be my by a friend who had also used her for their wedding. She was extremely easy to work with, totally understood what I wanted and helped to create looks that fit my style. She is very detail oriented, and even came to my house a few days before the wedding to pre pin my outfit and make sure everything would be smooth on the day of!

Sent on 02/18/2018

Dharti · Married on 04/16/2017

Arfana is AMAZING!! She truly goes above and beyond to cater to client requests and is simply a pleasure to be around. I couldn't have chosen a better artist for my wedding weekend <3 Literally felt like a QUEEN! Do not hesitate to book her for your next event; you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 05/01/2017