Arch City Lights Reviews

8 | Columbus, OH

8 Reviews for Arch City Lights

• Meredith

Meredith Z. · Getting married on 10/08/2021

Literally. The. Best. EVER.

Brides and grooms to be: THIS is your band. I can't say enough good things about Emily and Arch City Lights.

1. They sound INCREDIBLE. I'm a professional singer so I was VERY picky when it came to choosing our band. They are flawless singers, musicians, and performers. Look up their videos on YouTube; they sound even better in person.

2. Emily was my quickest email responder out of EVERY vendor we had, the most reliable, the most detailed, kind, and fun! She also allowed us to do our first dance, cake cutting, bouquet toss, father-daughter dance, mother-son dance, and other announcements WHENEVER we wanted. I had another potential band option tell me they could only do those special songs within their sets, but Emily was SO great with all the different times, cues, and special requests.

3. Emily worked with me on budget and personal needs for our wedding which was above and beyond. For example: we needed an early set up before our ceremony. Early setup is an extra charge, but thanks to Covid we also had to end our reception earlier than originally planned. Emily could have easily charged us for early setup and the full fee we had already agreed to for performance time, but she eliminated their final 45 set of songs, and did the early setup at no additional cost. AND all of this happened 4 weeks before the wedding and she didn't even flinch. She was smooth, kind, calm, cool, collected, professional, and just awesome. She's just good people.

Wedding choices are hard. This one doesn't have to be: hire Arch City Lights.

Sent on 12/09/2020

Arch City Lights's reply:

Aww Meredith!! Thank you so much, that means the world :) you’re the best! So happy we could be a part of your wedding, we had a blast!

Matthew S. · Married on 05/29/2021

Arch City Lights - A Night to Remember

Working with Emily and Arch City Lights as a whole was truly a breeze. They allowed you to customize your experience with them as much as you need. Emily does a great job at keeping the timeline for planning etc. and initiating communication along the way.

We had Arch City Lights set up sound for our Ceremony for which they did not play. Everything sounded great, was a very modern and minimal setup (they use computers for mixing etc. so it is not overly bulky - keep in mind it is a full professional sound system with all the fixins'). The quality was incredible and there were no squeals or sound problems. They were able to set this up very quickly and efficiently and the staff were calm, very friendly, and followed all venue rules etc. - only asking questions when extremely necessary.

We also had Arch City Lights perform as a Jazz Trio for our Cocktail Hour. This was while the wedding party was taking photos, so I am very happy that we got a video. They were very engaging, extremely talented, and you could tell they had a great time playing. It really set the perfect mood for the cocktail hour.

Emily was the Emcee for the entire wedding. Her "stage presence", calmness, and ability to roll with the punches made her the perfect candidate for this job and she worked hard to make sure she pronounced every name perfectly (which she did - even Metivier (haha)). She has a great voice and really added the narrator and vibe that we needed. She followed all cues and social prompts on her own and really took charge of the whole process - making everything go very smoothly and perfectly accompanying all of the wedding pieces with pre-chosen music that we determined together. They DJ all of the songs you want and make it very simple.

Lastly, Arch City lights played us into the night and was truly the life of the party. They adapted their original schedule from 3 sets with 2 breaks to 2 longer sets with less breaks (I am assuming to keep the party going - which we are very thankful for), and this show will be talked about for years to come. Every single attendee made sure to comment on Emily and the others' "pipes," and skills on their corresponding instruments. They did an amazing job playing songs that we asked for and keeping the party rocking. They had a full band with Horns etc. and everything about them was perfect and professional. I HIGHLY suggest having the entire band.

If I had some constructive criticism to give, I really would, but Emily and Arch City Lights went above and beyond in so many ways to make this an unforgettable night. I would not have changed a thing.

Sent on 06/07/2021
  • Jordan

Jordan S. · Married on 04/09/2021

They kept the dance floor packed!

Arch City Lights absolutely stole the show at our wedding, in the best way possible, and had the dance floor packed all night! Emily was so professional in all of our interactions and her team made the whole day run seamlessly from ceremony to cocktail hour to reception. They were more than accommodating when it came to learning song suggestions and adjusting when we changed wedding planners halfway through the planning process. Our guests still comment on how good they were and we've received several texts asking for their information. I truly cannot say enough good things about them!

Sent on 11/13/2019

Tamara · Married on 01/08/2020

Professional Musicians

Arch City Lights delivered exactly what we envisioned for our daughter's wedding ceremony.
    They are easy to work with and are professional and talented musicians.

Sent on 08/11/2020

Arch City Lights's reply:

Thank you, Tamara!! It was a pleasure playing for you, glad we were able to help make the day amazing :)

Ryan B. · Married on 08/24/2019

Amazing Band w/ Top Notch Musicians

We were lucky enough to see Emily and Arch City Lights prior to booking them as they played my cousins wedding a couple years back. Therefore, we already knew what kind of quality to expect.

Picking the right wedding band or DJ can make or break your wedding in my opinion. I consider myself a music buff and admit I am very picky when it comes to what I want to listen to. Some people might not get that involved in what music is being played at their wedding, but I'm the kind of person that finds it my responsibility to make sure no "lame" music is going to be played at my wedding. With that being said, if a band was going to play at my wedding, they had to be legit.

Legit is exactly what you will get if you book this band. Many wedding bands are cheesy and sorry to say it, full of old people trying to hang on to a hobby performing on the weekends. You will not get that with Arch City Lights. They are true musicians in every sense of the word and you can tell that is what their life is about. Music isn't just a hobby to them, it's their profession. Regardless of your age or your guests ages though, they have a catalog of songs to please any crowd. On top of that, they are energetic and will have your guests dancing all night long. My friends and family were amazed by their performance and gave ovations after every set and especially at the end of the night. No one wanted the dancing to end!

I looked at their song catalog prior to the wedding and specified if there was anything I didn't want to hear song or genre wise. Emily also did a great job of feeling me out on the musical taste of my wife and I and what feel/mood we were going for at our wedding. She put together a group of sets that met all of our demands while also completely satisfying our guests. They really hit it out of the park! The band also learned 3 songs that weren't part of their normal repertoire (2 for first dances and 1 during one of the normal sets) and played them to perfection. That personal touch might have been my favorite part of their performance.

Finally, Emily is the one who we worked with prior to our event and she's 100% professional, helpful and responsive.

We were completely satisfied with our choice of wedding band, had zero complaints and I would recommend them to anyone looking for an amazing musical performance at their wedding!

Sent on 09/25/2019

Katie · Married on 07/13/2019

Fabulous band!

Absolutely! They were really fun, easy to work with, and incredible musicians. They made it really easy on me and even helped with playlists for cocktail hour and dinner. They ROCKED the house and all of our guests had the time of their lives. I still have friends asking me about them and wanting to book them for upcoming parties, etc. HIGHLY recommend.

Sent on 08/05/2019

Marah · Married on 06/21/2019

Amazingly fun dance/party band!

We loved having Arch City!! What a talented group of musicians. They had us dancing and singing all night! Super professional band, easy to work with. HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 06/28/2019

Elyse M. · Married on 12/13/2018

Awesome Band!

Arch City Lights performed at our company’s holiday party and they were great. We asked for a fun mix of holiday pop and party music and they were spot on and festively dressed :)
    At an event where people usually take advantage of an early dismissal, we had a majority of the people stay until the end dancing. Will be calling them again for the next event for sure.

Sent on 12/18/2018