Aralani Photography Reviews

Aralani Photography 5
Aralani Photography 6
Aralani Photography 7

Kelcy Weibert · Married on 06/11/2019

Ara was such a pleasure to work with

Ara was such a pleasure to work with! She is not only a very talented photographer, but friendly and easy to communicate with too. She provided suggestions of beautiful locations for our elopement, hair/makeup, an officiant, flowers, cake, etc. Since we were travelling from out of state to elope this made the planning process much easier. Her recommended vendors did not disappoint! She made our day something really special to remember. We will cherish our photos forever. I highly recommend Ara. The whole experience was great from start to finish.

Sent on 10/08/2019
    Aralani Photography 8
    Aralani Photography 9
    Aralani Photography 10
    Aralani Photography 11

Cherie B · Married on 04/21/2019

Ara is Amazing!

I found Ara's work online after searching many hours for someone who would capture the spirit of adventure that my husband and I are so passionate about. After looking through Ara's portfolio, I had a feeling she would capture our elopement perfectly. I spoke with Ara early on, and felt so comfortable and understood immediately. We had several phone conversations leading up to the elopement, and I was SO grateful for Ara's insights on scheduling, itinerary, dinner recommendations, and other vendor recommendations. Since I'm not from the area, her wisdom was so, so helpful, and she helped redirect plans and navigate through any stumbles we encountered. On the day of our wedding, Ara arrived exactly on time and led us through such a grand and beautiful adventure. She allowed us flexibility with our schedule, never rushed us, but was considerate with the agenda we created. She was patient, fun, creative, and we seriously had THE BEST DAY ever! When she sent us the photos, I almost cried. They were more beautiful than I ever could imagine. Ara's work is absolute magic, and the way she captured us, the beautiful nature around us, and our family was perfect in every way. We are so grateful to have worked with Ara- she is a magical artist and a fantastic person.

Sent on 07/26/2019
    Aralani Photography 12
    Aralani Photography 13

Aralani Photography's reply:

Cherie, what an absolute honor to adventure with you both. You and your families were so lovely, and spending so much time with you traveling through the Olympic National Park was a highlight of my spring. I appreciate all the kind words, and I'd love to work with you again! Please keep in touch! xoxo

MN · Married on 08/22/2018

Ara was the photographer for our elopement/wedding ceremony and provided us a stunning portfolio of our big day. We were so thrilled when we found her and cannot be more happy with our decision. Her offered packaging is very transparent and actually the best we found in Portland - the value and return is just incredible. Ara's work speaks for itself already and shows how amazingly talented she is. Our recommendation: book her for your wedding now before she gets too famous!!!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Jennifer · Married on 05/26/2018

Ara's work is truly amazing!! We did our engagement & wedding photos with her and could not be happier with the end result. We were very picky when selecting our wedding photographer as we wanted someone whose photos, we felt, could be used as artwork as we planned on framing one of our pictures to put in our home, but didn't want anything cheesy... and wow, did she deliver. Her background is in landscape photography so the images she is able to capture are breathtaking. She is beyond talented, a true professional, and so easy to work with. Her love and passion for what she does shows in her work. Our family and friends have not been able to stop gushing over the quality of our photos. Book her for your wedding, trust me, you will not regret it!!!

Sent on 06/21/2018
    Aralani Photography 14
    Aralani Photography 15
    Aralani Photography 16
    Aralani Photography 17
    Aralani Photography 18
    Aralani Photography 19

Molly · Married on 06/22/2017

Outstanding! Ara is an amazing photographer and a delightful person to work with. My wife and I are extremely happy with our photographs and Ara went above and beyond to accommodate our wishes. We planned our wedding adventure from afar and choosing Ara as our photographer was definitely the right choice. At a very reasonable price we were provided with a quality better than most would provide at a much higher rate. Ara has a wonderful eye and is capable of capturing the most beautiful and scenic landscape photographs while including you in it. She is professional, prompt, responsive to last minute changes, and most of all loves what she does. If you are planning a wedding In the Northwestern United States or really Anywhere in the world and you want to ensure amazing photographs, she is the one to contact. Thank Ara for being a part of our wedding day.
    Zach and Molly

Sent on 09/17/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 12/17/2016

Ara was amazing. She did both the engagement and wedding photos for my daughter and new daughter-in-law. We haven't seen many of the wedding photos yet, as it was just 3 weeks ago. The couple we have seen are gorgeous. Ara's ability to have the surroundings compliment the brides is very obvious. She just has a photographer's eye for what will make a great picture. She caught many beautiful, tiny, private moments that as the mother of one of the brides I did not have time to see for myself. She took several group shots, dealt well with the numerous personalities, helped us figure out how to pin corsages and boutonnieres (this was totally my first rodeo!), and in general kept us on track. She had anything we needed with her. Who knew that the photographer would be more organized than the wedding coordinator when it came to finding scissors, fabric tape, pins, etc. We seriously could not have survived the day without Ara's calm demeanor and amazing sense of humor. I absolutely cannot wait to see the pictures the girls choose.

Sent on 01/07/2017

Aralani Photography's reply:

Elizabeth! THANK YOU! I'm so glad to hear that you had such a fantastic experience. The day was magical from start to finish, and I couldn't have wished for a more spectacular day to photograph. I so appreciate you taking the time to write this review, and I can't wait to share all the finished photos with you and the girls!

Heidi · Married on 07/14/2016

Ara was absolutely amazing. We knew from the moment we found her website that she was the perfect photographer for us. We held our intimate same sex wedding at Crater Lake Oregon and Ara's enthusiasm and energy just added to our magical day. We were so happy with our final photos and just in awe of her amazing work. We would choose her for our life events over and over again.

Sent on 08/20/2016

Ara is an epic photographer. We had an outdoor wedding in tricky lighting situations near a waterfall and the photos are just stunning. Plus, she is easy going and fun to work with. If you have the opportunity to work with her, do it! Anyone can point and shoot a camera but Ara's photos are magical.

Sent on 11/12/2015

Ara is simply a treat. You could not ask for a better photographer for your day. She loves what she does and it shows in her work. Beyond that her friendly and kind demeanor are a welcome addition to the stresses of the day. We could not be happier with our choice and would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 11/15/2015

Michelle · Married on 08/23/2015

Ara rocked our world! We interviewed a number of photographers, but meeting with Ara it was immediately clear that we would be in calm, very capable hands. Included in our package was an engagement session which gave us a good chance to get used to being photographed and posed. I feel like that really helped for the day-of. On our wedding day, the ease at which she handled our sometimes unruly band of wedding party members was seriously impressive - and the photos she captured of their shenanigans are some of our favorites. We also had a lot of small children at the wedding and I was FLOORED by the shots she grabbed of the kids. I was not expecting such attention and beautiful moments - I know kids are impossible to photograph! We have some simply stunning pictures that we shared as gifts with our friends and family and will be treasured for a long time to come. Ara is awesome, you will not regret hiring her!

Sent on 01/26/2016

Amy · Married on 08/31/2014

Ara and her team are AMAZING!!! We are SO in love with our engagement photos and the photos from our wedding. She and her team captured so many beautiful, genuine moments with such ease... And on top of it all, Ara herself is incredibly lovely and so easy to work with. We highly recommend her for your wedding photos - and to just hang out with!!

Sent on 11/24/2014

Sarah · Married on 08/24/2014

I am so thankful I found Ara! She is fantastic, easy to work with, and is an incredible photographer. My husband and I love our engagement and wedding pictures. I searched around Portland and could not find any photographer that compares.
    Ara emphasized the importance of taking engagement pictures so that we get to know each other and get used to taking pictures before the wedding. We were not excited about it at first, but the engagement session ended up being fun (she brought her camera out hiking to waterfalls) and our pictures are amazing. It is quite impressive we have so many from the engagement session alone that we would want to hang on our wall, particularly since we usually are awkward about pictures.
    Ara is great at giving direction and still making it look natural as well as capturing fantastic spontaneous shots in a dance crowd. The photographers she worked with were also professional, sweet, and fun.

Sent on 10/24/2014

kristina · Married on 07/07/2013

I can't say enough good things about Ara and her team! She was very reasonably priced, she did everything she could to get to know us before the big day so we would be comfortable taking so many pictures, she even helped me get ready when i was having trouble with my dress! When she had our pictures ready, she invited my new husband and I to her studio, gave us champagne and we watched a slideshow with all our pictures on a big screen! I couldn't imagine seeing our pictures for the first time any other way! She had all our pictures on a disc for us and also gave us a link for an online gallery that we could send to our family and friends. She made it so simple to see them and send them. And the pictures....were amazing!!!!!!!! This summer I have been in multiple weddings and so has my husband. Ara was by far the best photographer I have taken pictures in front of! Highly highly recommend!

Sent on 08/27/2013
  • Holly

Holly · Married on 07/28/2012

This was the first time my fiance and I had professional photos taken and it was a blast! Ara's professionalism and friendliness made the setting very comfortable. Before our photo shoot, we thought it might be a little awkward having someone we never met take pictures of us while acting like a couple displaying PDA. Ara made it fun and natural. My fiance and I would recommend her to anyone, and she will be the one we call in the future when we want pictures taken.

Sent on 05/12/2012

carolyn · Married on 03/23/2012

Ara is both an incredible photographer and a wonderful person. It was a pleasure to have her photograph my very small wedding at the top of Mt Tabor. She really captured US and the beauty and joy of that day. I will always treasure the photos she took of our wedding.

Sent on 04/15/2012

sarah · Married on 10/08/2011

Ara was great to work with. What attracted me to her was her professionalism and her ability to tell me exactly what she wanted for the photos.

Her and her assistant, Johannah, did a fabulous job at our wedding. We just got the photos back and they really captured the day in such an artistic way. The walk through we had with her piror to the wedding made pictures go a little more smoothly. It ended up raining right when we went out in the vineyard to take pictures. They worked fast and furious to keep me out of the rain as much as possible. They got really dirty in an effort to keep me looking my best. The moments she captured make me tear up every time I look at the photos.

We also used her for our photobooth. This was a hit and the guest loved it. I highly recommend using the photobooth.

Sent on 10/25/2011
  • Kirsten

Kirsten · Married on 08/03/2019

Ara is indescribable. She is the absolute best person to have on your side at your wedding. The fact that folks will go to her for engagement, wedding, first baby, etc. is a true testament to her skill as a photographer and her genuine nature as a person. My wife and I were (Are) absolutely thrilled by the work that she did for us and are excited by the prospect of having more photos taken in the future.

Ara will go to the top of a mountain (literally) for you and will travel where you need her to go to get those photographs you have always dreamed of. I would highly recommend her for your special days.

Sent on 06/02/2017