April Story Films Reviews

44 | Los Angeles, CA

44 Reviews for April Story Films

Adriana Z. · Married on 09/01/2020

So very happy

I just read a review right before mine and it was almost the same experience. I spent so so so many days watching different videos of multiple videographers. I came across their videos and I just knew I had to hire them. I wanted something different. I didn't want your average run of the mill video. And wow seriously incredible. The cinematography of it all is just insane. Sung is such a sweet person and I am so grateful he was our videographer. He created some truly unique and beautiful shots. I'm in love with our wedding video. It is so special to us. You have to hire Sung. April Story Films is a California treasure.

Sent on 04/17/2021

Jenny · Married on 07/10/2020

April Story Films is the best videographer in the states!!

April Story Films was the best decision we made for our wedding. We recently received our wedding trailer and are completely blown away. I've watched it over and over, at least once a day, and it still brings tears to my eyes. I listen to the music to our video all the time too and it all just brings the memories back. The wedding seemed to go by so fast and was over before I knew it! To be able to see it again, and from different points of view and captured so beautifully, I can't stress enough how this is one of the best investments you will ever make. These memories will be with us forever. Sung and Omar were awesome. Sung was great with communications and easy to work with, and throughout the entire day he checked in with the me and the bridal party. I am the most awkward person ever and didn't have confidence being in front of the camera, but Sung was so encouraging, so kind, and made me feel more confident and beautiful. They also got really great footage of my husband and his groomsmen, and great expressions and moments with family and friends. His genuine care, friendliness, and passion for his work is clear and I would recommend him and his team to anyone. My family and friends also rave about how they loved our wedding trailer, and some even cried! My sister wishes she could have her own wedding all over again so that he could make a video for her too, because she loved our video so much! All in all, I wouldn't think twice about hiring April Story Films. You won't regret it. We love them!! Thank you so much Sung, we are so thankful for your work!

Erik K. · Married on 04/11/2020

My all-time favorite vendor!!

You won’t go wrong with this Los Angeles wedding videographer! When you plan a wedding, you get an idea of where you want to prioritize costs. We knew early on that photo and video were on the top of our list. After researching recommendations from friends and all in the Best of the Knot 2019 magazine, we narrowed it down to two from the Knot. My wife had some prior experience with wedding photography and video and advocated for April story films while I was on the fence. In the end, I cannot think of going with anyone else.

ASF is simply the best! From the moment we got on the phone with Sung, he showcased his organizational skill and alignment of vendor/client goals. His work (the cinematic trailer) was beyond our wildest dreams! We received so many compliments on our videographer! He made us feel so happy naturally with his unique engaging personality.
    On our wedding day, Sung and Nathan accommodated us with last minute requests and provided exceptional videography services. They made us laugh a lot, in a good way! We are so pleased with the work we have seen so far from them. I highly recommend April story films and cannot say enough great things!

• F

Faith · Married on 09/11/2019

Just watch their perfect works!!

April Story Films was really fun and easy to work with. Sung captured our wedding beautifully. They made me feel really comfortable. They’re also very quick to respond. I love how our video came out. We’ve watched it numerous times. Our friends and family enjoyed and loved it too. Just make sure you communicate with them on what you want to see in your video.

• Jeff

Jeff · Married on 08/31/2019

Loved working with them!

Fair pricing & great team/vid!

Sent on 05/09/2020
  • F

Faith · Married on 08/17/2019

April Story Films

I love April Story Films. They were easy to work with and quick to respond. They captured everything from our wedding that I was hoping and asked for. Sung and his team made our wedding day fun and made us feel comfortable being in front of the camera. Our video was beautifully captured. All our family and friends loved our video. Communicate with them what you would like captured on film and everything will fall into place.

Sent on 06/21/2020

Vanessa L. · Married on 08/10/2019

Perfect wedding videographer!

Let me first say that adding a videographer to our day was a last minute decision and we are so glad that we did--we cannot stop watching our highlight film!!! Our day of videographer, Sung, was kind, considerate and respected our wishes to be discreet. For us, keeping the intimacy of our wedding was a top priority and we did not want the videographer to make our wedding feel like a production. Sung was able to capture every beautiful moment from our first look, ceremony and reception without feeling like a presence. Nathan, who edited our video, was extremely responsive and tailored our highlight film to capture all of the best moments from our amazing day. I am so grateful that we chose April Story Films to document our wedding and to provide us with this video that we are able to share with friends and family as well as have for ourselves for generations to come!

• Lz Ha

Lz Ha · Married on 11/14/2018

Nothing short of Spectacular

Where do I even begin?? Sung and his team made my wedding day such a memorable experience. If I had to chose a top vendor for my wedding, it would 100% be April Story Films. From the moment they showed up, our family, wedding party and other vendors were extremely comfortable. We received our cinematic trailer within 2 weeks after our wedding, which is amazing. I am beyond grateful for Sung and his team that I will have my wedding day film for years to come and always be able to look back on what a beautiful day it was.

Sent on 03/03/2020

Melody · Married on 02/18/2018

I don’t normally give 5 star ratings but Sung and the April Story team are above and beyond exceptional in all categories. We are fully pleased customers and overall had a wonderful experience with the services provided by Sung and April Story Films. They are reliable and provide top quality service and work (very personable too). We were recommended April Story Films by our family and friends who had used their services and noted that the quality is top notch and worth every penny; we agree! Throughout the entire process they were professional and courteous. They are full of life and made the often stressful times of a wedding seem carefree and fun. We never once doubted their execution in following through or their expertise. It was apparent they knew exactly what they were doing, but communicated in a humble and gracious manner. During our actual ceremony and reception they captured some amazing footage without getting in the way or distracting from the ceremony. The product they delivered was absolutely phenomenal! Sung was instrumental in helping us with song choices for the trailer and full length film. He made sure the trailer was delivered in time for our East Coast reception showing. We were completely blown away by how beautifully it all came together. We received many compliments from friends and family who were blown away. It is very clear that April Story Films takes great pride in their work and are passionate about what they do; their attention to detail and dedication to the editing process sets them apart. The video flows well and the music blends exceptionally with the shots. They were a joy to work with during the one-on-one shots and afterwards solicited and incorporated our feedback on song selection. Because we were so confident in their abilities, we had no quarrels in patiently waiting for full length film which was a lovely 6 month anniversary present. Again, we were impressed and excited that our day was captured so beautifully. We highly r

Sent on 09/21/2018
  • Y

Yasmeen · Married on 09/30/2017

Sung and his team is so awesome! My friend had referred me to him when we were planning our wedding. The trailer and video blew me away! I was so impressed how well they did our video. Sung was so nice he even edited areas in our video after it was finished. We will definitely hire him when it's our baby's 1st bday party!

Sent on 08/28/2018

Grace · Married on 04/22/2017

Just watched our trailor. Sung and his team did such a wonderful job creating a wonderful video of our special day. He kept in mind what we wanted in our video. So polite, professional and amazing staff to work with. Pick him and his team to create a master piece for your wedding day. Thank you guys so much!

Sent on 05/22/2017

Aki · Married on 04/09/2017

I had my wedding back in April 2017 at Malibu. Story Films was my favorite vendor among all! Even my wedding planner who has worked in the industry for years said she would choose the company as her prefer partner after working with them on my wedding date. Here are why you want to hire them.

1 Beautiful works!! Many friends said my wedding’s video is the best compared to others’ they have watched. You can check their works using below link.

2 Reasonable price ! When you planning the wedding, the budget matters. Both my wedding planner (she said she thought the rate could have been higher LOL)and I think Sung’s price is very reasonable. Book them as soon as possible before the rate changed.

3 The team is willing to go extra miles ! After most of our guests left, Sung asked if we want to film some night shot. Vendors were leaving one by one but Sung’s team are the one staying and insist to film more for perfection.

4 They are very professional !! Both my husband and I speak Cantonese and 99% of our wedding guests speak Chinese on the wedding. Sung did a wonderful job in terms of communication even though he is Korean and don’t know Chinese at all ! Our vows are all in Chinese but I want to put the vows into the video. Sung learned and researched my Chinese vows line by line and edited the vows into the video beautifully according to its meaning. I was very moved. Both my husband and I cried when we first saw the video.

I have been emailing Sung for about 2 years but I have only met him once on my wedding day. I was nervous and worry if he is as good as I thought. But when I met Sung and his assistant I know I was right about them. Sung is a very sincere person and does more than says. Sung and his team will help you to memorize your beautiful moment of lifetime. Good luck with your wedding planning???

Sent on 09/21/2017

Lindsey · Married on 01/28/2017

Sung and team shot our pre-wedding and wedding video and we are so pleased and happy with the videos. Sung is so talented and the videos exceeded our expectations.
    We felt so comfortable when we were shooting. He really gets to know you and gets to know you as a couple. He listens to what we want and adds his artistic eye to it. It is something we will always treasure and watch over and over.

Sent on 03/05/2017

Maria · Married on 01/14/2017

Sung and his crew are the best videographers in Los Angeles (if not in the whole world. *wink*) I had a privilege to work with Sung and two of his staff when we had our pre-wedding shot in Descanso Gardens during the cold, chilly December and on our actual wedding day on January 14, 2017. And all I can say is, they will work for you, worry less on how it will turn out because they have the best God-given talent and knowledge to make your video the best that you could ever imagine.

Around 2016, my husband and I were brainstorming on who to hire as our videographers. Trust me, I am such a hard critic on wedding videos because I wanted to have the best memory of our wedding. I've watched many videographers' products and none of them reached my standards, modesty aside. I came across with April Story Films right on the nth page of "the knots" and as soon as I pressed play, I couldn't stop myself commending their work and cried on each videos I watched.

I steadfastly emailed him and called him many times. Knowing his busy schedule, I waited and sure enough, he replied back to my query and set the meeting right away. I encouraged my husband to lock this deal in as quick as we can because I got the best feeling that he is such a great deal to have! lol! I am sorry, but I really feel like it is a no-brainer not to have him for your wedding. It is evident on his wonderful finished products that he put his heart out and brainstormed many smart effects on each videos that I watched.

Sung, thank you so much for giving us the best memory of our wedding. You are such a great, genuine, and honest person. You are not just a businessman but you are a very kind hearted person who won our trust in so many levels. Thank you so much again. It was such a great honor. Our heartfelt gratitude to you and to your wonderful staff again.

To your future clients and to the ones reading this long review looking for a great videographer, don't you every think twice!

Sent on 03/07/2017

Anh · Married on 01/07/2017

April Story Films is AMAZING!!! If there is a 10 stars out of 5, we would give it.
    Very professional, artistic and we got our video pretty promptly. It was over our expectation. We were not movie stars but with the directing and guidance of Sung, the outcome makes us feel like movie stars. A lot of our family and friends after seeing the video were all impressed. The equipments are very high tech. The price for the service was affordable. We have seen many works that cost a lot more but the quality is nothing compare to April Story Films. Other videography companies might cost twice as much and yet the quality is half as good. I would highly recommend them! Fly them out to your wedding place if you have to, you will not regret!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Ashley · Married on 11/26/2016

Choosing April Story Films was THE best decision I made for our wedding. Sung and his team are absolutely amazing to work with. They are professional, so easy to work with, and very down to earth. Sung is kind and sweet, and worked very well with my family, wedding party, and the other vendors. I was a nervous wreck on the wedding day and he helped me feel comfortable and relaxed in front of the camera. I told him my vision for our wedding video and he created such a beautiful product. I get teary eyed every time I watch it still. He knew all the detail shots I envisioned in the video and I never had to give him any guidance. He helped select music for the video as well and always answered my questions promptly. Please don’t think twice about choosing April Story Films as videographer, they exceeded my expectations on every level! Thank you SO MUCH, April Story Films!

Sent on 04/07/2017

Christina · Married on 11/12/2016

Sung and his crew from April Story Films came highly recommended by our photographer. She told me that they are extremely easy to work with, they're very thorough, and they hear you out in every detail you want to make your wedding day perfect. SHE WAS RIGHT!!!!! They were super professional, prompt and didn't miss one single shot. They were kind, and never in anyone's way. Sung had my teaser/trailer to me so quickly, and it instantly brought tears to my eyes. Thank you ASF for helping turn my dream wedding into reality, and catching it all on film. I would recommend them to anyone, and everyone!!!!!

Sent on 12/08/2016

Rosanna · Married on 10/15/2016

April Story Films is truly as good as it gets! Sung and his team were super friendly and very professional. Of all the vendors we hired, they were definitely one of the TOPS! The work they deliver show such passion and talent for what they do. They know how to capture all the right moments and piece it together in a way that tells a one of kind story. Everyone that saw our wedding trailer they made were amazed and blown away. We were truly blessed to have found such talents to help capture our big day! Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 04/30/2017

Connie · Married on 10/01/2016

Their work was exquisite and Sung was a really pleasure to work with. I became a huge admirer of their work after first seeing their trailers and videos on facebook, and knew I had to have them for my wedding. I literally wanted nobody else. He offered a really reasonable price and would definitely recommend him and his team to any future couples getting married. Thanks Sung.

Sent on 07/28/2017

Borna · Married on 10/01/2016

Sung and his team at April Story couldn't have been better. They knew exactly what shots they wanted and worked around our day, we barely noticed they were there taking all this wonderful footage. To be honest I was a bit nervous because I couldn't meet them before our big day but from looking at his work I knew it was going to be quality and they did not disappoint. We just got our trailer and it's great, looking forward to the full length! Thanks Sung.

Sent on 11/02/2016

Ann · Married on 08/20/2016

My name is Ann and my wedding was located in San Diego, CA in August 2016 (Mt Woodson Castle). My husband and I had the pleasure to work with Sung and Vicente. We are extremely glad we were able to book April Story Films as our wedding film makers!! Sung is professional, passionate, and extremely talented. His creations are just AMAZING! He truly cares about his clients and appreciates to be apart of such a special day filled with so much love.

I met Sung at my sister's wedding. He was actually my sister's videographer for her wedding day in December 2015 in Los Angeles. My fiance (at the time) and I were on the fence about hiring a videographer because the selection in San Diego is alright, and their prices are just to high for what I previewed on the vendors websites; we didn't think it was worth it. But once we saw my sister's cinematic trailer Sung made for her wedding day, we were completely blown away and speechless! It was just soo beautiful!!! We knew we had to book April Story Films!!! Sung not only captures all the the emotions and details, but puts everything together so beautifully. He fully utilizes a drown to cover amazing aerial views. When browsing around, I found some videographers who don't even use a drown, or for the ones that did offer this service, they charged a separate drown price. Are you serious?!?

On our wedding day, Sung and Vicente took the time to capture everything we wanted and was very aware of our multi-cultural wedding (Chinese and Swiss). They got along great with our photographers and was very respectful of each others time and equipment.

Even though Sung did my sister's wedding, our video was nothing like hers. Yes they were both amazing, but he takes each couple, their tastes, and their special day, to makes each production elegantly unique in their own way. Let their work speak for itself! April Story Films is amazing!!!

Sent on 09/29/2016

Crystal · Married on 08/17/2016

My husband and I could not be any happier with the work from April Story Films. Sung and Omar made us feel comfortable as shooting the pre-wedding trailer was a little awkward at moments because we were shooting in very public areas (middle of the street in downtown L.A.). The quality of their work is incredible. You are able to see the passion Sung has for his art in the quality of his films! Our wedding was in Santa Barbara on the beach and they were very open to traveling and being in the sand! We are very very please with April Story Films and would recommend their service!

Sent on 10/07/2016

Julia · Married on 06/26/2016

My wife and I were very fortunate to use April Story Films for out wedding event and I must say their service was amazing and awesome!! I usually don't like being in front of any type of camera but they were able to make me feel very comfortable no matter how awkward I would feel at the moment. They were super professional and very polite all the way through the event, never demanding or pushy considering the limited time we had. In the beginning I was actually a little unsure about using any kind of video service for the wedding but after seeing the final cut of the film they made for us it was worth every penny. The video quality and editing was very professional and looked overall amazing! I HIGHLY recommend April Story Films for anyone that needs any kind of videographer service for any type of event.

Sent on 08/31/2016
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 06/11/2016

Honestly, these guys exceeded all of our expectations. They did not give us any hardships or any demands. They showed up early and left at the very end of the night- which others seem to charge extra for. We chose them based on their previous work and we do not regret it one bit! The cinematic trailer is a service that not many other people provide and they do a phenomenal job with it! It seriously is SO cool and very unique (which was really important to us). They sent us a link for the video only 2 weeks after the wedding and they're going to follow up in a couple months with a 45-60 minute video as well. The prices are very reasonable especially after shopping around with all the ridiculously priced videographers. I will emphasize that they are FILMMAKERS and not just someone to record the wedding. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. I do not doubt that our kids will someday watch their work and think we had the most epic wedding ever! Thanks April Story Films!!!

Sent on 06/28/2016

Billy · Married on 05/29/2016

I can't say enough good things about Sung and April Story Films. We just received our cinematic wedding trailer (link here: https://vimeo.com/172830563) from our wedding on Memorial Day weekend and are completely blown away. Sung is clearly an amazing video editer, we knew that after watching other trailers on the April Story web site before we chose him, but we couldn't have asked for a more perfect representation of the happiness of our wedding day. We are so thankful to have this memento that we will treasure forever. Beyond that, Sung was a pleasure to work with and always very responsive to any questions we had via email. He made it a point to meet us before the wedding so that he could get to know us which he said helps him do the best job shooting us on the day of. It also must be said the value for the level of quality we received was unbelievable. He used great equipment, a really cool glider cam and a drone which made for really epic shots. Based on quotes from other videographers we looked at we literally would've paid double for all of this had we went with somebody else. We're so happy we chose April Story to capture our wedding, anybody looking should absolutely do the same! Thank you again Sung and April Story for your incredible service and video.

Sent on 07/01/2016