April Story Films Reviews

36 | Los Angeles, CA

36 Reviews for April Story Films

Melody · Married on 02/18/2018

I don’t normally give 5 star ratings but Sung and the April Story team are above and beyond exceptional in all categories. We are fully pleased customers and overall had a wonderful experience with the services provided by Sung and April Story Films. They are reliable and provide top quality service and work (very personable too). We were recommended April Story Films by our family and friends who had used their services and noted that the quality is top notch and worth every penny; we agree! Throughout the entire process they were professional and courteous. They are full of life and made the often stressful times of a wedding seem carefree and fun. We never once doubted their execution in following through or their expertise. It was apparent they knew exactly what they were doing, but communicated in a humble and gracious manner. During our actual ceremony and reception they captured some amazing footage without getting in the way or distracting from the ceremony. The product they delivered was absolutely phenomenal! Sung was instrumental in helping us with song choices for the trailer and full length film. He made sure the trailer was delivered in time for our East Coast reception showing. We were completely blown away by how beautifully it all came together. We received many compliments from friends and family who were blown away. It is very clear that April Story Films takes great pride in their work and are passionate about what they do; their attention to detail and dedication to the editing process sets them apart. The video flows well and the music blends exceptionally with the shots. They were a joy to work with during the one-on-one shots and afterwards solicited and incorporated our feedback on song selection. Because we were so confident in their abilities, we had no quarrels in patiently waiting for full length film which was a lovely 6 month anniversary present. Again, we were impressed and excited that our day was captured so beautifully. We highly r

Sent on 09/21/2018
  • Y

Yasmeen · Married on 09/30/2017

Sung and his team is so awesome! My friend had referred me to him when we were planning our wedding. The trailer and video blew me away! I was so impressed how well they did our video. Sung was so nice he even edited areas in our video after it was finished. We will definitely hire him when it's our baby's 1st bday party!

Sent on 08/28/2018

grace · Married on 04/22/2017

Just watched our trailor. Sung and his team did such a wonderful job creating a wonderful video of our special day. He kept in mind what we wanted in our video. So polite, professional and amazing staff to work with. Pick him and his team to create a master piece for your wedding day. Thank you guys so much!

Sent on 05/22/2017

aki · Married on 04/09/2017

I had my wedding back in April 2017 at Malibu. Story Films was my favorite vendor among all! Even my wedding planner who has worked in the industry for years said she would choose the company as her prefer partner after working with them on my wedding date. Here are why you want to hire them.

1 Beautiful works!! Many friends said my wedding’s video is the best compared to others’ they have watched. You can check their works using below link.

2 Reasonable price ! When you planning the wedding, the budget matters. Both my wedding planner (she said she thought the rate could have been higher LOL)and I think Sung’s price is very reasonable. Book them as soon as possible before the rate changed.

3 The team is willing to go extra miles ! After most of our guests left, Sung asked if we want to film some night shot. Vendors were leaving one by one but Sung’s team are the one staying and insist to film more for perfection.

4 They are very professional !! Both my husband and I speak Cantonese and 99% of our wedding guests speak Chinese on the wedding. Sung did a wonderful job in terms of communication even though he is Korean and don’t know Chinese at all ! Our vows are all in Chinese but I want to put the vows into the video. Sung learned and researched my Chinese vows line by line and edited the vows into the video beautifully according to its meaning. I was very moved. Both my husband and I cried when we first saw the video.

I have been emailing Sung for about 2 years but I have only met him once on my wedding day. I was nervous and worry if he is as good as I thought. But when I met Sung and his assistant I know I was right about them. Sung is a very sincere person and does more than says. Sung and his team will help you to memorize your beautiful moment of lifetime. Good luck with your wedding planning???

Sent on 09/21/2017

Lindsey · Married on 01/28/2017

Sung and team shot our pre-wedding and wedding video and we are so pleased and happy with the videos. Sung is so talented and the videos exceeded our expectations.
    We felt so comfortable when we were shooting. He really gets to know you and gets to know you as a couple. He listens to what we want and adds his artistic eye to it. It is something we will always treasure and watch over and over.

Sent on 03/05/2017

Maria · Married on 01/14/2017

Sung and his crew are the best videographers in Los Angeles (if not in the whole world. *wink*) I had a privilege to work with Sung and two of his staff when we had our pre-wedding shot in Descanso Gardens during the cold, chilly December and on our actual wedding day on January 14, 2017. And all I can say is, they will work for you, worry less on how it will turn out because they have the best God-given talent and knowledge to make your video the best that you could ever imagine.

Around 2016, my husband and I were brainstorming on who to hire as our videographers. Trust me, I am such a hard critic on wedding videos because I wanted to have the best memory of our wedding. I've watched many videographers' products and none of them reached my standards, modesty aside. I came across with April Story Films right on the nth page of "the knots" and as soon as I pressed play, I couldn't stop myself commending their work and cried on each videos I watched.

I steadfastly emailed him and called him many times. Knowing his busy schedule, I waited and sure enough, he replied back to my query and set the meeting right away. I encouraged my husband to lock this deal in as quick as we can because I got the best feeling that he is such a great deal to have! lol! I am sorry, but I really feel like it is a no-brainer not to have him for your wedding. It is evident on his wonderful finished products that he put his heart out and brainstormed many smart effects on each videos that I watched.

Sung, thank you so much for giving us the best memory of our wedding. You are such a great, genuine, and honest person. You are not just a businessman but you are a very kind hearted person who won our trust in so many levels. Thank you so much again. It was such a great honor. Our heartfelt gratitude to you and to your wonderful staff again.

To your future clients and to the ones reading this long review looking for a great videographer, don't you every think twice!

Sent on 03/07/2017

Anh · Married on 01/07/2017

April Story Films is AMAZING!!! If there is a 10 stars out of 5, we would give it.
    Very professional, artistic and we got our video pretty promptly. It was over our expectation. We were not movie stars but with the directing and guidance of Sung, the outcome makes us feel like movie stars. A lot of our family and friends after seeing the video were all impressed. The equipments are very high tech. The price for the service was affordable. We have seen many works that cost a lot more but the quality is nothing compare to April Story Films. Other videography companies might cost twice as much and yet the quality is half as good. I would highly recommend them! Fly them out to your wedding place if you have to, you will not regret!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Ashley · Married on 11/26/2016

Choosing April Story Films was THE best decision I made for our wedding. Sung and his team are absolutely amazing to work with. They are professional, so easy to work with, and very down to earth. Sung is kind and sweet, and worked very well with my family, wedding party, and the other vendors. I was a nervous wreck on the wedding day and he helped me feel comfortable and relaxed in front of the camera. I told him my vision for our wedding video and he created such a beautiful product. I get teary eyed every time I watch it still. He knew all the detail shots I envisioned in the video and I never had to give him any guidance. He helped select music for the video as well and always answered my questions promptly. Please don’t think twice about choosing April Story Films as videographer, they exceeded my expectations on every level! Thank you SO MUCH, April Story Films!

Sent on 04/07/2017

Christina · Married on 11/12/2016

Sung and his crew from April Story Films came highly recommended by our photographer. She told me that they are extremely easy to work with, they're very thorough, and they hear you out in every detail you want to make your wedding day perfect. SHE WAS RIGHT!!!!! They were super professional, prompt and didn't miss one single shot. They were kind, and never in anyone's way. Sung had my teaser/trailer to me so quickly, and it instantly brought tears to my eyes. Thank you ASF for helping turn my dream wedding into reality, and catching it all on film. I would recommend them to anyone, and everyone!!!!!

Sent on 12/08/2016

Rosanna · Married on 10/15/2016

April Story Films is truly as good as it gets! Sung and his team were super friendly and very professional. Of all the vendors we hired, they were definitely one of the TOPS! The work they deliver show such passion and talent for what they do. They know how to capture all the right moments and piece it together in a way that tells a one of kind story. Everyone that saw our wedding trailer they made were amazed and blown away. We were truly blessed to have found such talents to help capture our big day! Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 04/30/2017

Connie · Married on 10/01/2016

Their work was exquisite and Sung was a really pleasure to work with. I became a huge admirer of their work after first seeing their trailers and videos on facebook, and knew I had to have them for my wedding. I literally wanted nobody else. He offered a really reasonable price and would definitely recommend him and his team to any future couples getting married. Thanks Sung.

Sent on 07/28/2017

Borna · Married on 10/01/2016

Sung and his team at April Story couldn't have been better. They knew exactly what shots they wanted and worked around our day, we barely noticed they were there taking all this wonderful footage. To be honest I was a bit nervous because I couldn't meet them before our big day but from looking at his work I knew it was going to be quality and they did not disappoint. We just got our trailer and it's great, looking forward to the full length! Thanks Sung.

Sent on 11/02/2016

Ann · Married on 08/20/2016

My name is Ann and my wedding was located in San Diego, CA in August 2016 (Mt Woodson Castle). My husband and I had the pleasure to work with Sung and Vicente. We are extremely glad we were able to book April Story Films as our wedding film makers!! Sung is professional, passionate, and extremely talented. His creations are just AMAZING! He truly cares about his clients and appreciates to be apart of such a special day filled with so much love.

I met Sung at my sister's wedding. He was actually my sister's videographer for her wedding day in December 2015 in Los Angeles. My fiance (at the time) and I were on the fence about hiring a videographer because the selection in San Diego is alright, and their prices are just to high for what I previewed on the vendors websites; we didn't think it was worth it. But once we saw my sister's cinematic trailer Sung made for her wedding day, we were completely blown away and speechless! It was just soo beautiful!!! We knew we had to book April Story Films!!! Sung not only captures all the the emotions and details, but puts everything together so beautifully. He fully utilizes a drown to cover amazing aerial views. When browsing around, I found some videographers who don't even use a drown, or for the ones that did offer this service, they charged a separate drown price. Are you serious?!?

On our wedding day, Sung and Vicente took the time to capture everything we wanted and was very aware of our multi-cultural wedding (Chinese and Swiss). They got along great with our photographers and was very respectful of each others time and equipment.

Even though Sung did my sister's wedding, our video was nothing like hers. Yes they were both amazing, but he takes each couple, their tastes, and their special day, to makes each production elegantly unique in their own way. Let their work speak for itself! April Story Films is amazing!!!

Sent on 09/29/2016

Crystal · Married on 08/17/2016

My husband and I could not be any happier with the work from April Story Films. Sung and Omar made us feel comfortable as shooting the pre-wedding trailer was a little awkward at moments because we were shooting in very public areas (middle of the street in downtown L.A.). The quality of their work is incredible. You are able to see the passion Sung has for his art in the quality of his films! Our wedding was in Santa Barbara on the beach and they were very open to traveling and being in the sand! We are very very please with April Story Films and would recommend their service!

Sent on 10/07/2016

Julia · Married on 06/26/2016

My wife and I were very fortunate to use April Story Films for out wedding event and I must say their service was amazing and awesome!! I usually don't like being in front of any type of camera but they were able to make me feel very comfortable no matter how awkward I would feel at the moment. They were super professional and very polite all the way through the event, never demanding or pushy considering the limited time we had. In the beginning I was actually a little unsure about using any kind of video service for the wedding but after seeing the final cut of the film they made for us it was worth every penny. The video quality and editing was very professional and looked overall amazing! I HIGHLY recommend April Story Films for anyone that needs any kind of videographer service for any type of event.

Sent on 08/31/2016
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 06/11/2016

Honestly, these guys exceeded all of our expectations. They did not give us any hardships or any demands. They showed up early and left at the very end of the night- which others seem to charge extra for. We chose them based on their previous work and we do not regret it one bit! The cinematic trailer is a service that not many other people provide and they do a phenomenal job with it! It seriously is SO cool and very unique (which was really important to us). They sent us a link for the video only 2 weeks after the wedding and they're going to follow up in a couple months with a 45-60 minute video as well. The prices are very reasonable especially after shopping around with all the ridiculously priced videographers. I will emphasize that they are FILMMAKERS and not just someone to record the wedding. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. I do not doubt that our kids will someday watch their work and think we had the most epic wedding ever! Thanks April Story Films!!!

Sent on 06/28/2016

Billy · Married on 05/29/2016

I can't say enough good things about Sung and April Story Films. We just received our cinematic wedding trailer (link here: https://vimeo.com/172830563) from our wedding on Memorial Day weekend and are completely blown away. Sung is clearly an amazing video editer, we knew that after watching other trailers on the April Story web site before we chose him, but we couldn't have asked for a more perfect representation of the happiness of our wedding day. We are so thankful to have this memento that we will treasure forever. Beyond that, Sung was a pleasure to work with and always very responsive to any questions we had via email. He made it a point to meet us before the wedding so that he could get to know us which he said helps him do the best job shooting us on the day of. It also must be said the value for the level of quality we received was unbelievable. He used great equipment, a really cool glider cam and a drone which made for really epic shots. Based on quotes from other videographers we looked at we literally would've paid double for all of this had we went with somebody else. We're so happy we chose April Story to capture our wedding, anybody looking should absolutely do the same! Thank you again Sung and April Story for your incredible service and video.

Sent on 07/01/2016

Nick · Married on 04/02/2016

We were looking for a videographer not only whose style we liked but also whose price we could afford (not an easy combination to find). We ended up deciding on April Story Films, and after receiving our wedding video yesterday, I could not be more happy about this decision. Sung and his team did some truly excellent work on our video (which you can see, along with all their other videos, on their website aprilstoryfilms.com). Each shot is composed beautifully, and the way they layered our officiant's speech in perfect sync with the music still gives me chills. There's just so much about the video that we love: the flying drone shot over our venue, the seamless editing, the way it unfailingly captured all of our favorite moments from the night... just perfection.

On the day of, Sung and Vicente were friendly and professional throughout, and worked cooperatively with all of our other vendors. We were worried that having a videographer meant that we would have to spend a lot of our wedding day posing and doing shots (rather than just enjoying the experience itself), but aside from a few short moments of this, the videographers were unobtrusive and worked well in the background, while still capturing some fantastic footage.

Overall, we have absolutely no hesitations about recommending Sung and his team at April Story Films. We did quite a bit of research on other videographers, and what April Story Films offers for the price they ask is far and away the best deal we found. Sung is very quick to respond to all emails, which made working with him a breeze. We are so happy with how our video turned out, and are excited to see our full-length video in a few months!

Sent on 04/21/2016

Friends and relatives told us that our wedding was a "fairytail", "it was magical", "like a movie". I have to say that hiring Sung from ASF is THE best decision I made during this wedding entire planning process! I don't think I'm easily pleased and to get that kind of review from me is close to impossible.

Some of my friends decided to skip wedding videography but for me, it was the very first thing I was researching on when we first got engaged. Originally we hired Xposure films but during the very last step, after we already signed our contract, Xerxes from Xposure Films decided that he doesn't want to respond to my emails anymore... that's after we signed the contract and we were literally about to mail our deposit check! They say bad things happen so something better will happen! I found these guys and I am so thankful for Xposure Films lack of professionalism. If it wasn't for them, I'd never get a chance to work with Sung and Josh! Not only did they show up early, they stayed til almost the very end of our wedding!

One thing that really impresses me about these guys is that they value your experience over money and I really can't say the same thing about any other vendors we worked with!!

Sent on 02/23/2016

Amy · Married on 12/12/2015

My husband and I were debating on if we wanted a videographer or not for our wedding... and after working with Sung and Josh and seeing what they did for us, we're extremely glad we did. Our friends raved about the "epic" short film Sung did for us. His style was different from a lot of the other wedding videos we saw. It really showed the emotion of our wedding day and brought a lot of tears to those close to us.

We met up with Sung prior to booking. We went over the details of the various packages he offered, reviewed any questions we had, and he showed us some of his past work. From that initial meeting, Sung made us feel very comfortable and he was someone we felt would be able to capture our wedding day the way we wanted.

On the day of our wedding, Sung and Josh showed up earlier than the time they said they would. They were super friendly and easy to work with the entire day. They even had an aerial cam that gave us awesome views of the ocean background that day. After our wedding, he was able to turnaround the short film video in 2 weeks!

Sung really blew our minds away with the short film he created for us. He went above our expectations and created a memory for us that we could watch for years to come. We are really glad we went with April Story Films because they really deliver!

Sent on 01/03/2016

I can't say enough great things about April Story Films. April Story Films is simply awesome!! They did an amazing job capturing our wedding day! Very professional and they gave us one of the best wedding videos we could ever imagine. The edited video was incredible. The choice of music was excellent and the shots in the video were awesome!

I highly recommend April Story Films as your videographer for your wedding or a very special event. You won't regret it !!!!

Thank you So Much April Story Films !!!

Eunha & Kyuyoung

Sent on 01/08/2016

Leigh · Married on 08/08/2015

Sung, Josh, and the team from April Story Films are absolutely the BEST! My husband and I hired them to be our wedding videographers back in August 2015 (I know, this review is long overdue!). I did a ton of online research trying to find the perfect cinematic style. I knew I wanted something different and unique but kept coming across the same ol' typical wedding videos and nothing stood out. UNTIL I stumbled across April Story Films and immediately fell in love with their artistic vision, way of storytelling, and breath of work.

We had an initial consultation with Sung and Josh at a local coffeeshop and they were very professional. It was important to us to love our cinematographers' portfolio, but also to have them be kind, organized, and down-to-earth. Sung and Josh definitely lived up to our expectations! Their rates are also very affordable compared to other ones I've seen, and their work is really worth so much more.

They were extremely reliable and very prompt in their communication with us and our Day-of-Wedding Coordinator. We received the footage in a timely manner and Sung was very accommodating with my edits requests. We loved their choices in the music and the final edits of our wedding trailer and video were absolutely breathtaking! We watched them over and over again and couldn't be more happy that we got to work with Sung and Josh. If you're looking for event cinematographers/videographers, look no further than April Story Films!

Sent on 06/23/2016

We are so beyond happy with Sung and Josh from April Story Films. I found them on a wedding website and watched one of their videos and Immediately I stopped looking and I knew they were different from the rest. I spoke with Sung and he is just so kind and was a pleasure all around. Both Sung and Josh a very nice people with an amazing work ethic.

April Story Film shot our traditional wedding and also our big day wedding. They arrived with ample time to check out the venue and create the vision. They arrived looking very professional and they got to work. Even when the rain started to come down on us, they didn't let it stop them. They pushed through and used it to get the most beautiful shots.
    We are most impressed with their creativity and hard working ethic. Sung has an amazing eye for detail and is an exceptional story teller. He knows how to combine all the shots to create a masterpiece. Our trailer was nothing less that perfection.

Everyone that has seen our wedding video literally cries or has a big emotional reaction to it (even strangers) lol. From the story telling, editing skills and amazing video shots, Sung and Josh created the most magical video of our wedding day.

Our wedding was captured with such emotion! I can't wait to look back at it 30 years from now and reminisce on our day. Not one detail was missed, I don't know how they do it but these guys are very very thorough and professional. You will not be disappointed.

April Story Films will wow you and exceed your expectations!

Thank you so much from the bottom of our hearts for such an epic video!

Sent on 08/07/2015

Julianne · Married on 06/13/2015

OMG.... Where do I start? Sung and Josh deserves way more than 5 stars! Very talented, friendly, and professional!!!! They are AMAZING!!! I am forever grateful and blessed that we went with them for our wedding! They know what they are doing and they are great at it.

I met with Sung prior to the wedding day to discuss every detail and I am glad we did, he made me feel very comfortable and assured us everything would go smoothly. The production time was very fast. The Cinematic Trailer was done within 1 week after the wedding!!!!!!

We recommend them to every bride and groom!! Thank you Sung and Josh for beautiful wedding videos that we will have forever!!!!

Sent on 07/06/2015

My husband and I are so grateful that April Story Films was able to film our wedding. We met Sung & Josh at our friends' wedding and were so impressed with their work. Although our wedding was more than a year away and we were previously not considering videography, we decided we had to book them.

On the day of our wedding, Sung & Josh arrived earlier than expected and were the last vendors to leave. Sung even came out to our wedding rehearsal in order to familiarize himself with the wedding venue. They are extremely professional and easy to work with; they are always prompt with regards to communication. They have their own unique and artistic style, and they will cater to each couple/wedding. Looking through their work you will notice that each video has its own original story line. We love that both our wedding trailer and full length film were transformed into beautiful stories w/ amazing highlights and editing. We also appreciate that they were able to capture the most elegant details from our wedding. You can tell by their work that they are masters in film production. Definitely worth the price--in terms of what you receive as the finished product and the amount of time they put into creating your films. We can't thank them enough for capturing our special day. By far our favorite wedding vendor... You won't regret booking them!

Sent on 01/11/2016