April Sound Country Club Reviews

April Sound Country Club 2
April Sound Country Club 3
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 07/21/2018

Amazingly beautiful. Kristen did an amazing job. Food was tops. We even asked for some changes from their menu, then had no problems at all. We used our own centerpieces, they set them up with no problems.

Sent on 08/05/2018
    April Sound Country Club 4
    April Sound Country Club 5
    April Sound Country Club 6

Marty · Married on 05/09/2015

April Sound Country Club is a hidden gem for special events. My daughter's wedding was flawless. The event planner, (Alex Den) is a marvel. She was able to make the whole day flow smoothly. There was nothing she couldn't handle. There were literally family from coast to coast and everyone was pleased and happy especially the Bride and Groom. The staff at April sound all are wonderful and professional. Jean made sure the dinner and reception was without any hesitations. There were so many complements from family and friends. We would like to thank and recommend all at April Sound for making our special day memorable

Sent on 05/25/2015

Mary Ann · Married on 11/22/2014

AMAZING FOOD, BEAUTIFUL VENUE, AND THE VERY BEST ATTENTION TO DETAIL FROM START TO FINISH!!!! I am still getting compliments daily from friends who tell me that the food and service was the best they had EVER experienced at a Wedding Reception!!! THANK YOU ALEX DEN AND YOUR STAFF OF PROFESSIONALS!!!!! YOU DELIVERED BEYOND OUR EXPECTATIONS!!!!!
    Sincerely,
    Mary Ann
    Mother of the Bride

Sent on 12/03/2014

Del · Married on 06/14/2014

April Sound staff met and exceeded our expectations.
    The service was great and the food was second to none
    I wish you would put what we had on our menu on your regular dining menu and we would start eating at the club
    Thank each of you for a job very well done

Sent on 06/25/2014

If you plan on having your wedding here, it will be as stress-free as possible. Victoria will help you plan everything, I mean everything. She is like the "wedding whisperer"!! She has great ideas and will know the answer to any question you can think of. Victoria has a never ending bag of tricks that will make your wedding unique, special, and one that is talked about for a long time. Your good fortune does not stop there; along with Victoria, there is Alex. Alex will make sure that everything you planned, thought about, or imagined will happen. I think that she is psychic. Before a thought fully forms, Alex has already taken care of it. You think it, it happens! With the dynamic duo, how could you possibly go wrong. Make it easy on yourself, have your wedding at April Sound. Oh yeah, and the food was great. View was breathtaking.

Sent on 03/07/2014

Lynn · Married on 07/27/2013

The wedding we hosted at April Sound Country Club couldn't have been better. The wait/event staff was extremely helpful and diligent. Victoria was great help planning and coordinating before and during the wedding. The price was reasonable and many people commented on how delicious the food was. We would definitely recommend this venue to others and would love to personally use it again in the future.

Sent on 10/03/2013

Sueyon · Married on 04/06/2013

The venue is perfect for a wedding, everything was easily accessible and well organized. Made my special day go by smoothly.

Sent on 05/01/2013

The customer service at this venue was a big reason we chose this location. It also has gorgeous views of Lake Conroe and the guests can come early and play golf. The food was delicious as was the DJ we had. The value was terrific and we definitely suggest this venue.

Sent on 05/01/2013

Laura · Married on 02/11/2012

This is a beautiful venue located on Lake Conroe (so it has a lovely view), and working with Debbie for our reception was so smooth and so easy. She was quick to respond to all my emails and phone calls, and though I changed my mind on several things throughout the planning, she had no problem making the changes. When I wasn't sure about something, she would give good suggestions and advice that definitely helped bring everything together. The room is also beautiful on it's own, so we did very little to it (if anything). The food here is superb! I had taken some of their cooking classes, so I knew it was wonderful! We had a brunch menu, and everything was beautifully prepared and so delicious! Definitely worth every penny. Thank you Debbie!

Sent on 04/13/2012
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 03/15/2014

I loved working with Victoria leading up to the event. Unfortunately, she was unavailable on the day of my wedding but she did arrange to have her manager, Kevin, who has quite a bit of experience, help us on the day of. It rained but they had a backup plan and it worked out quite well. We were able to use the club for our rehearsal without any problems and our tables were already set up for the reception. We were able to use the facilities for the day and decorate early. The bridal suite was a bit small and I was told it was smaller than the men's, but it was comfortable and across from the women's restroom with a door outside the area to give us more privacy. The a/c was out in the dressing areas, so it was quite warm and I would have brought a fan had I known the situation. The club was accommodating to all of our needs that they could. I was upset that the appetizers were much smaller than I expected and that the vegetarian choices were not clearly marked. We had paid for more guests than arrived and we ran out of food very quickly. Also, the food was available to the guests before our grand entry, which was not in the plan or expectations (although not likely discussed). When we got in, we had a plate set aside for us, but it did not include everything I had selected so I requested to have one of everything left. I did not get to try all six of our selections. Overall, I was happy with April Sound Country Club and the value they provided, my only complaints being about food.

Sent on 04/28/2014

3.5

Great Venue! Carol is the BEST! So happy we were able to work with her! Venue was gorgeous and her team did a great job! The Bar is expensive and the food bill was rather high but everyone said how great the meal was!

Sent on 12/21/2015

Nicole · Married on 05/05/2012

3.5

We had our ceremony and reception at April Sound Country Club. The cost was VERY good and the food was extremely good! All the guests went on about how good the food was. It was a littl tough somethimes to reach them when we had questions but overall it was great! They set up all the decorations and cleaned up everything afterwards. The bartender and waitstaff were all super friendly and helpful with everything.

Sent on 07/09/2012

Lisa · Married on 05/20/2016

3.0

April Sound is a beautiful venue! Carol was great to work with and when a snag occurred with the cloth napkins, she was willing to personally drive and get the job done. The Pasta Buffet was fabulous and those that prepared the food in front of us were awesome! Thanks for a wonderful evening!

Sent on 05/25/2016

Emily · Married on 11/11/2011

4.2

Great venue to have a wedding! We loved the site and loved that tables, chairs were included! All the guests were very happy!

Sent on 11/29/2011

3.5

Food was amazing! Venue was beautiful and set up perfect!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Nikki · Married on 10/18/2014

2.2
      1.0
      1.0

I booked the venue in June after about a month of emails back and forth. Victoria was leaving and Lauren was taking over. I was out of the country and my best friend was handling locally. Victoria rarely returned phone calls and was days later on emails. When Victoria left the position, Lauren was responsive at first and then not at all. 3 weeks before the wedding (October 2014) we were advised there was a ceremony booked at 430 on the same day as our 530 ceremony. "Oops," was all they could say. The day of the wedding we had decor they were going to remove to accommodate the other ceremony although we had prior approval per Lauren. Coincidentally, Lauren was sick the day of the wedding, and could not attend to help. Last minute Alex stepped in and handled as best she could, but it was extremely stressful. I guess the saying "you get what you pay for" really stands here, as the venue was nice, lakefront and nice dining, but the service was terrible from day 1. I should have known from the start. Fortunately I had a great support team of friends and family who stepped in and helped when April Sound staff did not.

Sent on 10/27/2014