April+Galina Photography Reviews

April+Galina Photography 5
April+Galina Photography 6
April+Galina Photography 7

Jason · Married on 09/15/2018

Such a pleasure to work with Galina, very creative and professional! Never felt uncomfortable or forced. The prints were better than expected!

April+Galina Photography 8

Becca · Married on 08/18/2018

Galina has a way of making you feel comfortable and excited at the same time! We had a blast during the shoot and could not be happier with the results. The photos are a mixtures of creative and classic. Thank you Galina!!

Marisa · Married on 06/23/2018

My fiance and I interviewed what felt like dozens of photographers before we met April and Galina. We knew immediately that they were the photographers for us. They made us feel comfortable by asking us questions about who we are, how we met, and taking a genuine interest in us, our relationship, and our wedding, making it an easy decision to sign the contract for our engagement and wedding photos. April was a pleasure to work with—she had a positive, fun attitude and creative eye that really made us feel at ease during our engagement shoot. We took pictures in Central Park; April expertly navigated the Sunday afternoon crowd to find the best places and light to capture our vision. We're delighted with what we've seen so far and are looking forward to working with April and Galina on our wedding.

April+Galina Photography 9

Mauricio · Married on 10/07/2017

Galina flew down from New York to Houston to shoot my wedding. We had easy communication leading up to the event and she was as enthusiastic and excited for the wedding as I was. I was very confident in her to create and capture the finest moments and see things I would not. Galina came in with an open mind, and an ability to wrap her head around the entire event by listening and using her creativity. I've read how important a good photographer is, and Galina is the best!

April+Galina Photography 10
    April+Galina Photography 11
  • Ella

Ella · Married on 09/17/2017

We are so happy April and Galina were a part of our wedding day! From our first phone call, I could tell they were listening and interested in knowing who we are and understating how we see our day. In the day their presence was calm and professional, and they were able to respond to all the last minute details while taking amazing pictures. We are so happy with the results! All the photos are edited and gorgeous, so we can remember and relive our day through them forever.

grace · Married on 09/09/2017

Galina was a joy to work with! I have never had professional photos taken before, so I was nervous. She made us comfortable and helped us find poses and positions that felt natural and looked great. We used her for engagement photos and for the wedding day. We were in a remote location outside of New York, and she went above and beyond to make our day extra special. April was out of town for our ceremony day, so Nicolette came with Galina and she was every bit as professional and kind to work with. They were discreet, even with the location changes, yet were always nearby if I wanted a specific picture. They took post-ceremony family photos go by quickly (thankfully), Galina has been quick to respond to all emails and questions, we got the engagement photos back very quickly, and Galina even sent us a preview of the ceremony photos a few days later. We used them for 3 separate days/events, so the overall pricing was totally worth every penny. I highly recommend them!

Lauren · Married on 08/26/2017

April & Galina were the best photographers we could of asked for on our wedding day. From beginning to end, they were accommodating, knowledgeable, skilled and fun! They were generous with their time before the wedding, meeting with us on multiple occasions to prepare for the big day and making sure we felt 100% comfortable. On the day of the wedding, they captured beautiful and authentic moments of both us and our guests. We will truly cherish our pictures forever thanks to this amazing team!

April+Galina Photography 12
    April+Galina Photography 13
    April+Galina Photography 14
    April+Galina Photography 15

Craig · Married on 08/21/2017

We booked April on very short notice and she was nothing but awesome! She made time to get to know us and what we wanted from our photos/wedding, and was very responsive. On the day she was flexible, engaging and had great ideas for what shots we should have. We also received our photos really quickly and WE LOVE THEM! Highly recommended, and thank you!

Adina · Married on 07/02/2017

We hired April and Galina to shoot our engagement photos and wedding. From start to finish, they were a pleasure to work with. They are both incredibly kind and we were immediately felt comfortable with them. We really appreciated how responsive they were in the weeks leading up to the wedding. The photos are beyond beautiful and really captured the spirit of the day. I would highly recommend working with April+Galina!

Diana · Married on 06/02/2017

April+Galina Photography was everything I could have asked for in wedding photographers! They were incredibly accommodating and helped us put together exactly the right package for our needs. They were professional, while at the same time putting us at ease and helping to make us feel comfortable in front of the camera! We've just received the final edited photos and were absolutely blown away by the photos!!!! They are truly works of art and the use of light is fantastic. I don't think any other photographers could have captured the wedding in the same way!

David · Married on 05/09/2017

I'm a believer in hiring talented people and just letting them do their thing. Based on my experience, the end result tends to be quite positive. And this was the case when I hired April+Galina to photograph my engagement proposal. They were organized, personable, and just easy to work with. Also, they were able to improvise, which is, in my opinion, an under appreciated quality for this type of moment. And the pictures came out great. I have already hired them for the wedding this fall.

Emma · Married on 05/06/2017

Look no further! April and Galina are fabulous to work with. They are kind, attentive, talented, and overall a joy. My fiance and I are not super comfortable being photographed (or so we thought!) and Galina made our engagement shoot so comfortable and fun! I'm so glad I booked them for our wedding!

Erin · Married on 04/23/2017

The pair were fantastic and the images were even better!

Devin · Married on 11/12/2016

I was so pleased with the work done by April+Galina Photography. I worked with Galina during my experience and she was truly a knowledgeable professional with character, confidence, experience and talent. Prior to visiting Manhattan for a weekend trip, a friend recommended April+Galina Photography to me. Galina was able to work me into her busy schedule for some portraits of me and my family in the Central Park West area. I am completely satisfied with the prints and I strongly recommend booking April+Galina Photography for their services.

Graham · Married on 10/15/2016

We had a portrait session with Galina to commemorate our engagement. The process was really interesting and laid-back. The final product is amazing. These photos are something that, hopefully one day, we will be able to pass on to our grandchildren. Which we find important and very special.

Harlow · Married on 10/15/2016

April and Galina were so wonderful to have as our photographers. We've known April for a long time and she'd done some amazing photography with my wife in the past. It was so worth it to fly them out from New York to our Bay Area wedding. Both are super professional and easy to work with. Highly recommended. Their prices are listed on their website. They are worth what you pay.

Briget · Married on 10/15/2016

I loved working with April and Galina. The photos were better than I could have ever hoped for! I highly recommend these wonderful women.

Niki · Married on 10/08/2016

We had an amazing wedding and these photographers were equally amazing to work with. They were easy going and flexible and were really great with the guests. They gave really great direction and suggestions and blended well into the ceremony and party to get some good shots. We have some wonderful memories to look back on now via the photos. Thanks ladies!

Gary · Married on 10/01/2016

we used april+galina for our wedding portraits, dealing mainly with galina. i can't write enough about the level of professionalism and knowledge that she had in terms of lighting, posing, equipment, etc. flexible scheduling and top-notch service. they gave some amazing and truly unique portraits that we will cherish for the rest of our lives. thanks guys!

Gen · Married on 10/01/2016

April and Galina were superstars! They showed up right on time, and no matter how crazy things were while I was getting ready, they stayed cool and got every important shot. I got married at a huge estate in New York, and they were running all over the property to capture every moment, splitting up to capture different locations at the same time. They were like ghosts when it came to the ceremony, capturing everything without distracting anyone - like true professionals. They were all over the cocktail hour and reception, getting every important shot. They're also so kind and have such warm personalities - Exactly the kind of energy a girl wants to be around on her wedding day when things are stressful. I've never felt comfortable in front of a camera, but they made me feel so relaxed and beautiful. I couldn't recommend them more highly.

Veronica · Married on 09/24/2016

For our first official couples portrait, my husband and I decided to book a tintype photo shoot with Galena. We wanted something timeless, beautiful and unique, that is exactly what she provided. She explained the process, was open to our ideas and helped us get the best shot every time. The portraits came out looking incredible! The hardest part has been deciding which ones to display. Galena captured images of us that are beautiful, expressed our personalities, matched our aesthetic and delivered a product that will last and be cherished for years.

Melissa · Married on 08/14/2016

April was fantastic to work with. She was very flexible and kept it fun and energizing. I highly recommend working with her if you are looking for a creative eye and someone with an easy manner about them. It was a pleasure to see you and I hope I get to work with you again soon.

Marissa · Married on 07/16/2016

April+Galina are not only amazing photographers, they are lovely women. They were extremely accommodating and encouraging as we were making the final plans for our wedding and the day of the wedding were both omnipresent and invisible. They managed to get two somewhat camera-shy individuals a set of wedding photos that are beautiful and funny and heartwarming. We could not have asked for anything better!

Courtney · Married on 01/16/2016

My husband and I got April & Galina's NYC Special package for our January 2016 wedding and we couldn't be happier with the service and the quality of the photos. Our package included an engagement session by Galina and wedding photography by April. At our engagement shoot, Galina talked with us about our interests and asked lots of questions to get a feel for our personalities and our relationship, and then took beautiful photos that we felt were truly "us," including some shots of us practicing together in our aikido dojo! For our wedding, we asked April to take only a few staged shots and mainly focus on capturing candid moments throughout the day, which she did wonderfully. She captured so many natural, happy moments with our friends and family that it's an absolute joy to look through our album and be reminded of all the fun and excitement of the wedding day.

Throughout the process both April and Galina were professional and responsive and their contract was reasonable. Their prices for photo packages were also very good compared to other local photographers we researched. We would recommend them to anyone, but especially in the Brooklyn/NYC area.

Joshua · Married on 01/16/2016

April and Galina are wonderful. They photographed our engagement shoot and wedding so well, we hired them again for "action" shots and portraits at our aikido school. All the shoots were fun and painless--they are able to make you feel comfortable and overcome camera shyness--and they are able to take candid and intimate photos without being intrusive. The pictures look as though the photographers are right in the middle of the action, but they never interrupted the flow of the wedding or class!