Appletree Cake Co. LLC Reviews

82 | Moseley, VA

82 Reviews for Appletree Cake Co. LLC

Aida · Married on 03/24/2018

very tasty cake, good communication and easy to work with,
    good price for the amazing quality provided, unfortunately seems that she decided to retire this year

Sent on 05/22/2018

Cat · Married on 09/30/2017

Our wedding cake was amazing - both in presentation and in taste! I had so many people come up to me and tell me how delicious our cake was!

Sent on 10/04/2017

Allyson · Married on 07/15/2017

We ordered a beautiful three tier cake from Appletree, and it was fantastic. It was beautifully designed, and we were told by several people at the wedding it was the best wedding cake they'd ever tasted.

Jan was easy to work with, and the cake tasting was very fun! An overall great experience!

Sent on 08/02/2017

Appletree Cake Co. LLC's reply:

Thanks Allyson! Loved getting to know you guys and really appreciate you taking time to write this nice review!

Jackie · Married on 06/24/2017

Jan was absolutely the best to work with!! Not only are her cakes beautiful, but she also makes the best gluten free cake!! And in so many flavors too!!

Sent on 07/14/2017

Appletree Cake Co. LLC's reply:

Thanks Jackie. Kathryn and Lucas's love story is very special and it was a privilege to be part of their special day.
  • O

Oscar · Married on 06/04/2017

We tried many cakes and Jan's was by far the BEST wedding cake we tried! She had so many interesting flavors, it made it hard to choose. So we chose three, one for each tier of our wedding cake! We really wish we had more leftover cake.

Sent on 06/27/2017

Appletree Cake Co. LLC's reply:

Hi Lauren & Oscar. Thanks for your great review. It was especially fun surprising Oscar with the fun groom's cake! Best wishes to you both for a long and happy marriage.

Sophonie · Married on 05/27/2017

I came across AppleTree Cake Co on weddingwire.com 2 weeks before my wedding when my previous baker informed me that she would no longer be able to provide our wedding cake. While I was reluctant to consider another baker who works from home, I could not have made a better selection than Jan of AppleTree Cake Co! Jan exuded professionalism She responded to my email inquiry immediately and scheduled a time to chat about my cake design and event details the next day. During our phone consultation she gave me a quote and explained her pricing to help clarify where I could cut costs if need be. Despite my shortened timeframe Jan did not pressure me to make a decision right away; I considered her proposal over the weekend checked out other bakers over the weekend. When I reached out to her on Monday morning to set up a tasting Jan was able to meet me that same evening with a sample cake for my fiancé and I to taste at home. Talk about promt and professional! Needless to say the sample cake was delicious and we decided to hire Jan. Her online contract and electronic payment system was easy to use and hassle free. Jan was already familiar with our venue and coordinated a timely and smooth cake delivery. Our wedding cake was beautiful and delicious and I couldn't have made a better choice. If you want a professional, talented, fairly-priced baker look no further! Save yourself any additional trouble and book AppleTree, you will not regret it!

Sent on 06/07/2017

Appletree Cake Co. LLC's reply:

Hi Sophonie! You are so kind to write such a long and eloquent review. It makes my heart happy to know you loved your cake. It was fun for me to design and you were a pleasure to work with.

Jan was a pleasure to work with in choosing both our wedding cake and the grooms cake. She was very flexible with design and flavor changes and we received many compliments from our guests.

Sent on 05/31/2017

Shelby · Married on 04/01/2017

Jan was amazing! She took my request and gave me exactly what I wanted! Everyone loved the cupcakes she made, and I cant wait to have one on our anniversary!

Sent on 07/20/2017

Appletree Cake Co. LLC's reply:

Thanks Shelby! It was fun getting to know you and making your beautiful cake!

Anne · Married on 01/07/2017

Appletree Cake Company provided excellent service on our wedding day. The cake was delicious, and we appreciated the ease of working with Jan. Highly recommended.

Sent on 03/26/2017

Appletree Cake Co. LLC's reply:

Thanks for your kind review. It was a pleasure working with you, too!

Lauren · Married on 10/31/2016

Jan was incredibly accommodating, helpful, and the overall product was delicious and looked beautiful. From the start Jan was flexible in scheduling a tasting, and provided far more tasting options than other vendors in the Richmond area. Also, Jan went above and beyond to contact our venue and florist concerning cake stands, type of table the cake would be on, and how the flowers would be placed. Additionally, when I asked Jan her opinion on options, she was very honest in her response, and twice her honesty meant less money for her. So without a doubt...she is truly there to accommodate the couple not her pocket. Finally, and most importantly, Appletree is the BEST price in the Richmond area and by far the BEST tasting. Some of the other places we tried were pricier but the taste / quality did not match the price. Wedding planning can be so stressful, but Jan was one vendor that we truly enjoyed working with and would recommend her every time! Thanks so much AppleTree Cake Co!!

Sent on 11/06/2016

Appletree Cake Co. LLC's reply:

Hi Lauren. That feeling is mutual - you were so kind and easy to work with. It was my pleasure working to make your wedding a beautiful day!

Victoria · Married on 10/23/2016

I could not be happier with Appletree, who provided cupcakes and a small wedding cake for our big day. We knew after the initial tasting that we scored a superb vendor. The cake and frosting options are plentiful, though not overwhelming, and it was great that we could mix-and-match options. Think pumpkin spice cupcakes with cinnamon frosting for a late October wedding. Our guests were also blown away by the chai tea cupcakes, among the four or five other options we had. Also, the prices are not over-the-top. We seriously have zero regrets choosing Appletree, and anyone getting married in the Richmond/Powhatan area should seriously consider this vendor!

Sent on 10/26/2016

Appletree Cake Co. LLC's reply:

Thank you, Victoria. Your kind words mean a lot. It was fun working with you and Joey. Loved the fall tree cake with the "twisty" branches. You two are very creative and I'm glad I was able to bring your vision to the cake!

Caitlin · Married on 10/15/2016

Jan was fantastic to work with. Me had a simple wedding cake design with three tiers in different flavors. She knocked it out of the park and many guests wanted cake to bring home from the reception. Thank you, Jan! We loved supporting your local business and the cake was delicious!

Sent on 11/02/2016

Appletree Cake Co. LLC's reply:

Hi Caitlin! Thanks for this fantastic review. I loved working with you as well, and I'm so happy your guests enjoyed the cake!

Jessica · Married on 10/12/2016

My husband and I were lucky enough to win a vow renewal at Fairview Farm in Powhatan, VA. Part of the winning package was a cake by Appletree Cake Co. When we went to our tasting, it was so hard to narrow down our selection. Everything was delicious!! We ended up choosing a pumpkin flavored cake with buttercream frosting, which we felt was perfect for our Oct. ceremony. I wanted the look of a "naked" cake and boy did Jan deliver! We got so many compliments on not just the taste but also the look. My vision was fully met and we couldn't be happier with how the cake turned out! Jan was extremely professional and nice and never once treated us any different than she would a paying customer. The fact that she donated her services for our vow renewal ceremony says a lot about her and her company. We highly recommend her and we for sure will be returning customers!

Sent on 10/28/2016

Appletree Cake Co. LLC's reply:

Hi Jessica, thank you for your very nice review. I loved working with you, too!

Lea · Married on 10/08/2016

I worked with Jan for my wedding cake and ahe was just amazing to work with. She broughy my vision to life and had a variety of flavors.

Sent on 10/24/2016

Appletree Cake Co. LLC's reply:

Thanks Lea! I had fun working with you, too. Your style was very elegant and so much fun to design.

Our cake was beautiful and our guests are still talking about how good it was!

Sent on 11/09/2016

Appletree Cake Co. LLC's reply:

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review!

Amanda · Married on 09/24/2016

Jan made adjustments to my cake along the way so that I still had the cake I had pictured in my mind :). Not to mention my cake was three different flavors that she helped me create and ALL WERE DELICIOUS!!!!

Sent on 10/31/2016

Appletree Cake Co. LLC's reply:

Hi Amanda. Your cake was so much fun to make. Loved working with you and you!

Sarah · Married on 07/23/2016

Apple tree Cake Company was the perfect company for my wedding! Jan was able to take all of my ideas and put them into a gorgeous cake that was exactly what I was imagined. She also made cupcakes, which had beautiful icing art to match my flowers. I couldn't be more pleased with the services I received. To top it all off, the cake was delicious!!

Sent on 07/29/2016

Appletree Cake Co. LLC's reply:

Sarah, thank you for this terrific review. You and Derrick are tons of fun and I can't wait to follow your adventures through life!

I recently had the opportunity to attend a tasting with Jan at her lovely home. Everything was delicious and she was very knowledgeable and friendly. She does great work at a very reasonable price. I would definitely recommend her to anyone looking for a baker!

Sent on 12/03/2014

Appletree Cake Co. LLC's reply:

Thank you for coming for a tasting. I enjoyed meeting with you and your client. Please stop by again when you are in town.
  • Y

Yasmine · Married on 07/02/2016

Booking with Appletree Cake Co. will lessen your wedding stresses because they take care of everything, have affordable prices, and make sure you are satisfied with the entire experience!

Sent on 10/04/2016

Appletree Cake Co. LLC's reply:

Yasmine, thank you for writing this great review! I really appreciate it.

Stephanie · Married on 06/25/2016

Jan was so wonderful to work with! She understood our vision for our cake completely! Gorgeous and delicious, highly recommend!

Sent on 07/15/2016

Appletree Cake Co. LLC's reply:

Hi Stephanie, thank you for taking time to review Appletree. I really enjoyed working with you and AV, too.
  • U

Unique · Married on 06/03/2016

Jan was amazing and my wedding cake was delicious and beautiful. Since the beginning she was professional, warm, inviting and funny! I enjoyed every part of the experience she made the process painless. She was clear, her contracts are fair and clear and her presentations lefts me smiling from the cake tasting to when I first walked in with my husband and saw it sparkling with my "M" cake topper. Thank you Jan for being one of the best choices of my wedding day. I shall return! For another occasion of course. lol

Sent on 03/08/2017

Appletree Cake Co. LLC's reply:

Unique, I loved working with you & Terrance, too. We did have fun planning your wedding cake! Thanks so much for taking time to write this spectacular review.

Charlotte · Married on 05/28/2016

I could not be happier with the beautiful and delicious cake the Appletree Cake Co LLC made for my daughter's wedding last weekend! Jan Butterfield was wonderful to work with. She was so kind and accommodating while working with me through the entire selection process. Because my daughter was attending college out of state, I had the deliciously daunting task of selecting the cake without her assistance. I knew her vision was for a semi-naked cake with lots of flavor, but I was nervous about making a choice she and her groom would both like. Jan provided a wide variety of flavors and fillings to mix and match during the initial tasting. (She was also kind enough to provide me with a second box of samples, when I started to doubt my choice just weeks before the wedding!) Another area she proved knowledgeable in, was helping me select the correct number of tiers to give the cake the proper height to make sure it was aesthetically pleasing to the eye. My daughter and I both couldn't have been more pleased the end results! Jan delivered a beautiful semi-naked cake with salted caramel cream cheese filling! It was the perfect color, and looked beautiful in the rustic venue setting with fresh flowers on all the tiers. I had so many guests comment on how moist and delicious it was! Appletree Cake Co really "takes the cake" in delivering excellent customer service, along with a beautiful and delicious quality product! I highly recommend their services!

Sent on 06/05/2016

Appletree Cake Co. LLC's reply:

Thank you, thank you for this wonderful review! I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know you and your family. It's always my goal to have happy customers and I am humbled by your very generous compliments. I hope we cross paths again soon!
  • W

Whitney · Married on 05/28/2016

Jan was so easy to work with and very professional! Our wedding cake was absolutely gorgeous, and our family members and friends are still talking about how delicious it was. She made the entire process a breeze, and her prices are very reasonable. Choose Jan! Her work is amazing!

Sent on 07/12/2016

Appletree Cake Co. LLC's reply:

Thanks Whitney! What a sweet review. You were likewise very easy to work with and a true pleasure from start to finish!

Lindsey · Married on 05/21/2016

My wedding cake was beautiful and DELICIOUS!!!! I approached Jan with a photo of a cake that I liked and she worked with me to tweak it and figure out a design that would work including adding fresh flowers and accommodating my cake topper. She worked with my budget and truly created the cake of my dreams! The cake tasting was yummy of course and Jan was a dream to work with - so nice and reassuring. No complaints whatsoever!! I already can't wait to order my anniversary cake because I have to admit I didn't get my share on my wedding night!!! Thanks again Jan!!!!!!

Sent on 05/30/2016

Appletree Cake Co. LLC's reply:

Lindsey, you are so sweet. Thanks for this awesome review. I loved working with you and Andrew, too! Can't wait to see you in a year to make your beautiful anniversary cake!

Jessica · Married on 04/30/2016

Apple tree was very professional. We enjoyed the cake, very tasty and delicious. Loved all three layers being different flavored. Bottom was vanilla, middle strawberry and our favorite was the top which was a spiced cake with cinnamon cream cheese filling. Absolutely satisfied with everything and will definitely recommend her to friends!

Sent on 05/17/2016

Appletree Cake Co. LLC's reply:

Hi Jessica! Thank you so much for taking time to review my services. I loved working with you and hope to see you again soon!