14 Reviews for Appassionata Players

Violin (1)
Cello (1)
Learn New Songs (1)
14 Appassionata Players Reviews

We had a great experience with John. We communicated directly through him and everything went so smoothly. All we had to do was pick from an array of music and all was set! We even had them for our cocktail hour and everyone said they were amazing! Would recommend for all future brides!

Profile Picture Taylor, 10/22/17, 8 Reviews
Services Used: String-Trio, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour

The Appassionata Players added the perfect touch to our ceremony and cocktail hour. The string trio was exactly what we were looking for. We were planning this wedding in New Paltz from out of town and the communication between John was excellent especially leading up to the wedding. He answered all of our questions promptly and accommodated all of our needs and requests. They played a mixture of classical, oldies and modern music and it was absolutely wonderful. We could not have been happier with our choice to use Appassionata Players and 100% recommend them.

Profile Picture Amy , 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

We hired Appassionata Players to perform as a string trio for our wedding ceremony. They were very professional, sounded fantastic and really made the ceremony! At our request, they put together a version of “Then He Kissed Me” which was perfect and great way to end the ceremony and lead into cocktail hour. John was responsive, easy to work with and accommodating. I highly recommend Appassionata players!

Profile Picture Kathryn, 11/5/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We recently hired John and his trio for our Sept. wedding at Locust Grove. John was easy to work with and flexible with song requests. The music for our ceremony and cocktail hour was absolutely wonderful. We received many compliments and I would highly recommend him to other couples!

Profile Picture Hanna, 9/4/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour

John and the Appassionata Players were absolutely brilliant! We originally hired them as a string duo for our wedding ceremony, but decided later on to make them a trio. We communicated via email (we are in NC and our wedding was in NY) and John was very timely with his responses to us. He even gave us a slight discount on adding the 3rd string and didn't charge us a travel fee.

We told John we wanted the music to be familiar - we really didn't want too much "classical" music played. We asked him if they could play "Best Day of My Life" by American Authors as our recessional song, and when he said they could I was a little amazed and almost didn't believe it. But after we kissed for the first time as husband and wife, I heard it!!! It was really incredible!

We had a small snafu with our payment. We sent Appassionata Players a deposit and owed them the balance on the day of. We gave envelopes of payment to our wedding planner for all our vendors, but left the envelope for AP at our house! During our receiving line, our planner asked if we had it... we told her we must have left it at the house and she said it was no problem. She paid our balance for us and we squared up afterwards. We ended up mailing the tip to AP along with a thank you note the next day. John emailed me letting me know he got it and that he was so happy they could provide the music for us. We are really happy that they didn't mind that we mailed their tip the next day and didn't make a big deal about it during our receiving line!

The Appassionata Players were FANTASTIC! They played all modern songs that we requested - we got a ton of compliments on the music from our guests. Overall we would HIGHLY recommend them!!

Profile Picture Olivia, 4/30/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Learn New Songs, Cello, Violin, String-Trio

The Appassionata Players were amazing! The process of reserving and scheduling their time was extremely easy, freeing our time to focus on other items. They were respectful to our music needs, offered advice, and the result was incredible. When our officiant learned that we hired Appassionata, she was delighted—stating that they are such a joy to work-with (further putting our minds a ease). Having a string trio was a dream of my lovely bride and the Appassionata Players greatly exceeded our expectations.

Profile Picture Julie and Ed, 10/10/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

John and the team did an amazing job performing at our wedding at the Grandview in June! Since I live in SC I never got to meet them before the big day but they arrived right on schedule and they were such a hit. I knew I didn't want a DJ when it came to ceremony music so when I found Appassionata I knew they would be perfect! They have a wide arrange of songs that you can choose from which is what really made me go with them...I didn't want the typical bridal music and they had so many songs that were classic or new hits. I choose all songs that I knew people would know once they heard them and they did not disappoint. It gave our wedding a very classy touch and they are a pleasure to work with! I would recommend them to anyone for their wedding or event!

Profile Picture meghan, 6/6/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

I did a lot of my planning remotely. John was wonderful to work with and was timely in his email responses. The performance was beautiful & the duo we had were very professional!

Profile Picture caitlin, 9/13/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

The music was beutiful. The songs chosen were perfect. It was the highlight of my ceromy. John guided me to the choices and was kind a courteous in all the corespondences. The only slightly negative is that the email response time could have been a little faster, but still not bad.

Profile Picture Janice, 5/10/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Appassionata Players are talented musicians and working with them was a delight. My wedding ceremony was beautiful, much thanks to them, and now, several weeks later, I'm still getting compliments about the music. John was my primary contact and he was always responsive to my emails and flexible with our song selections. Working with Appassionata Players was extremely easy and stress free, exactly what every bride wants. I strongly recommend them and would hire them again in a heart beat.

Profile Picture Nicole, 12/28/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Appassionata Players did a fantastic job playing for the ceremony portion of our wedding. They were very quick to respond to emails, and since selecting the ceremony music was one of the last things on my list I wasn't able to send my choices until the week of! But it was no problem as John and team were able to play the songs we wanted and sounded beautiful. It was such a nice touch to our outdoor ceremony to have them there playing as guests arrived and moved into cocktail hour. Would definitely recommend them!

Profile Picture Janice, 11/16/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Appassionata Players were great to work with. I am in the event planning/wedding industry so my standards were set a bit higher for my own wedding. John was very responsiveness and easy to work with. All contact was done through email (my own choice) and everything turns out exactly how I imaged. It was that easy! Highly reccommend them!

Profile Picture User3699931, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

They are very talented musicians who played beautiful music at my wedding. I picked Canon in D for my entrance song and it was so beautiful to listen to as i was walking down the aisle. They added such a beautiful touch to my ceremony and their music was breathtaking. They also played for my cocktail hour and everyone loved listening to their music. John was so professional and easy to work with, he made the planning process easy. I was truly impressed with their talent and how they brought such elegance to my wedding. I would highly recommend Appassionata players to anyone for their wedding or other event.

Profile Picture Andrea, 10/27/12, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We used the trio for our ceremony music and they were fantastic! It added such a classy touch to the day. When I started to hear them play the prelude my heart started to flutter. They were extremely accomodating and were even willing to learn a song if they didn't already know it (although their repertroire is quite extensive!). They were wonderful! Highly recommend!!!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 9/15/12, 13 Reviews