14 Reviews for Appalachian Brewing Company Harrisburg

Cash Bar (1)
Liquor License (1)
Furniture (1)
14 Appalachian Brewing Company Harrisburg Reviews

We had our rehearsal dinner here. The food was AMAZING, we had access to the bar, and the staff were great to work with! We would absolutely recommend this venue!

Profile Picture Samantha, 10/22/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I came upon this venue by accident while eating dinner at their restaurant one night. After eating their delicious food, we learned that you could rent the area upstairs for events. We took a quick tour and my husband was all smiles. We toured a few other locations that week, but before we even decided on a ceremony location, we knew we had to have our reception at ABC. Luke and his team made the entire night go SO smoothly. I brought my decorations up the night before and they did an amazing job of setting them up. the food was delicious and if you're a craft beer fan, then this place is a no-brainer. Luke even worked with us, because our budget was a little constricting. The entire day was spectacular, and ABC was perfect for us. We could not be more happy with our reception. 5+ stars!

Profile Picture Katie, 9/5/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Luke is the manager. He was fantastic. I would recommend ABC to every one.

Profile Picture Larisa, 7/5/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We rented the entire 2nd floor and loved every moment! We looked at a few other places but ABC had that vibe we were looking for. A few weeks before the wedding we found out our Event Planner changed, this ended up being the best thing that could have happened. Luke was awesome, he went above and beyond before, during and after our reception. We loved the food, atmosphere, staff … EVERYTHING. 100% of the time Luke was right there when we needed anything. We are so happy that picked ABC! THANKS EVERYONE!

PS- If your thinking of your reception there try the white lasagna, YUMMY!

Profile Picture Denise, 5/26/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My rehearsal dinner was at the Gettysburg location. Wonderful food and atmosphere. Staff and service was great!

Profile Picture Maureen, 4/30/11, 4 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Appalachian Brewing Company - Abbey Bar (Cameron street location) was a great reception location for our wedding. l When booking the date for our reception, communication was a bit slow, but that's to be expected as Alisha, the special event coordinator, also over sees the location's concerts and brewfests. She's a busy individual. As the day grew closer, she was invaluable and excellent to deal with. The food was awesome. We had heard stories from others that had attended things at this location, but Alisha put our concerns at ease. She worked with our special requests and was very pleasant while things were happening the night of. I asked that she approach me about any changes to our food or drink allotments instead of going to my Bride so she could enjoy the day and Alisha did exactly that. All-in-all, I would definitely recommend the location to another couple. The bar staff were cheery and super professional, the beer was good as always, and the entire evening was in a world - "Excellent".

Use this for your reception if you're looking for a comfortable, rustic location and you will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Wade, 9/17/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Uncovered Outdoor, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Centerpieces, Dance Floor, Decor, Furniture, Chairs, Tables, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar

Just wow! I love craft beer, which was one of the main reasons why we chose to have our reception at ABC in Harrisburg, but what truly won my wife and I over was how welcome everyone we worked with made us feel. We had a real sense that they wanted us to choose them to host our wedding. Though, over the course of more than a year, they venue had some turnover in staff (we dealt with a total of three different event coordinators), everyone we worked with bent over backwards to make our day perfect. Despite a few small snafus here and there, the day was great, the food was amazing, the venue beautiful, and everyone had a great time eating and drinking. This is a great place to celebrate! A big thank you to Justin and Alisha! And I can't wait to go back and drink more beer.

Profile Picture Jon, 6/6/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Great place, everyone loved the food, and the space. Worked with me to accommodate all my needs. Would definitely recommend them to anyone planning a wedding on a budget. The servers were great, Vera Lynn, the event coordinator was amazing!

Profile Picture Shana, 10/2/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
4.7

We had an amazing time celebrating our wedding at Appalachian Brewing Company! Our guests loved the uniqueness of the Abbey Bar and Gallery room and it made a great setting for both our ceremony and reception. We also had access to the deck for guests to relax and enjoy the weather.
In the days leading up to the wedding, Alisha (the special events coordinator) allowed us to give input into the layout and timing of events while providing valuable insight from previous experience.
Everyone raved about the food, specifically the chicken wings, crab cakes (pretty much everyone's favorite), pierogies and beef tips. We had a fantastic bartender who gladly helped our guests find drinks they would enjoy. Instead of choosing 2-3 beers to have on tap like at other venues, ABC had all 15 beers available to our guests during the reception (we had several home-brewers at our wedding so they were grateful for the amazing selection)! The server was very helpful, friendly and available throughout the entire event for anything we needed.
We are so glad we chose ABC for our wedding!

Profile Picture Kelly, 7/5/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

ABC was a perfect place for our reception. The inside was beautiful with the string lights, brick wall, and wood floors, and the outside patio was great for guests to play cornhole and hang out. The food was delicious and very affordable. We worked with Alisha and Michelle. They were very accommodating, but there were some details about the reception that we had to remind them of that week that had been discussed previously. Everything turned out great though, and they even have centerpieces we were able to use. All of our guests loved the atmosphere and the different BBQ style wedding food. We also did a late night snack to make sure our guests had something before leaving for the night, which was great!

Profile Picture Alexandra, 6/16/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), House Beer, House Wine, Open Bar, Specialty Beer, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Set Up, Parking

We had our rehearsal dinner at the ABC in Collegeville, PA.
It we the perfect place to match our very low key wedding.
The beer package was perfect for our group of 30 and everyone had a great time!

Profile Picture Melissa, 10/18/14, 6 Reviews
3.3

The atmosphere was great, exactly the look I was searching for.
Vera Lynn, banquet coordinator was TERRIBLE! Never answers emails or phone calls, she was in fact flexible when you were finally able to get a hold of her but did not keep good record of our meetings or conversations and I would frequently have to remind her of the details. Worried me immensely!
Food was okay, not what I expected...
Sound man provided was horrible!! I was willing to use my own announcer for the wedding but I personally checked with their sound guy and he said that he would love to....HORRIBLE! All he had to do was make a few announcements and adjust the volume on an ipod....sat at the bar all night!!!!!!
I strongly believe that the remaining employees at ABC are good people, but these two were a few bad apples!

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/6/11, 5 Reviews
2.9

ABC was flexible and accommodating, however, it took many emails, phone calls, and weeks to receive a response to simple questions. I did not receive prompt answers until a week or two before the wedding. They were also very hesitant to sign a formal event contract. In the end, the event coordinator said that her emails were good enough and served as a signature.

The food for the wedding was good. It was hot and tasty and I don't think there's a lot more you can ask from a buffet. The guests enjoyed it and so did we. There were two small issues with the buffet: set up and dismissing people to go to the buffet. The buffet was set up so people could only walk down one side. It was also self service which created a long line. Also, the event staff said they did not dismiss tables to go to the buffet as a policy. They asked that the DJ do this. Neither of these issues were discussed before the event and I was surprised. I should have asked before, but I had a hard enough time getting answers to the more serious questions.

The spaces for the event, Abbey Bar and Gallery, were great. The rooms have a lot of natural character. Overall, the wedding was a success, the staff were friendly, the food was good, and the price was awesome. The biggest negative was the lack of responsiveness.

Profile Picture M, 8/21/10, 5 Reviews