Anywhere Beauty by Shae Reviews

83 | Chesapeake, VA

83 Reviews for Anywhere Beauty by Shae

Amanda · Married on 09/03/2017

Shaelynn is a true professional. She helped me create the look that I wanted while putting me at ease getting ready for my big day knowing I was in good hands. She added extensions, which gave my hair extra volume and length, but made it look so natural that no one even knew. She designed a hairstyle that matched the rustic, natural setting in which I was married. Even after moving around all day, dancing and sweating, my curls lasted the whole day. I highly recommend you choose Shaelynn to enhance your beauty on your wedding day!

Sent on 07/29/2018

Thanks Amanda;)!

Alina · Married on 09/03/2017

Shaelynn, hairdresser for my daughter's wedding party, is a lovely person. Her quiet kindness and professionalism eased our anxieties on this major day in our lives. With talented hands, she worked her magic to reveal the natural beauty of each woman. Shaelynn made my thin hair look full. I was told by family and friends at the wedding that my hair had never looked so good. And it stayed the whole evening! Feeling radiant, confident, and beautiful, I could enjoy my daughter's wedding day. And I will remember it with delight for the rest of my life!
    I highly recommend "Anywhere Beauty by Shae."

Sent on 07/31/2018

Brandy · Married on 07/08/2017

Shaelynn was amazing! I had to book her services somewhat last minute, but she was available for my wedding day. Her pictures do not do her work justice! She spent about 45 minutes on each of my girls and they turned out absolutely gorgeous! Her prices were super reasonable, especially considering the beautiful caliber of her work. She kept her brushes very clean and was knowledgeable about the products she was using. I would definitely recommend her to anyone searching in the area!

Sent on 07/24/2017

Thank you! ;))
  • F

Lindsay · Married on 11/05/2016

Shaelynn did all of my bridesmaids hair and makeup, my hair and makeup and my three flower girls hair! She had us all done and ready to walk down the aisle for my wedding day. We all looked so amazing! I had a hair/makeup trial with her prior to the wedding day and she was so patient with me, she took the time to find out what I truly wanted to look like on my wedding day. I looked and felt the best I ever have in my entire life, which is what every bride wants!! I would highly recommend Shaelynn to anyone who wants a personal, professional experience and who wants to be absolutely stunning on their wedding day!!

Sent on 11/08/2016

Thank you so much!
  • Rachael

Rachael · Married on 10/29/2016

Shae is a joy to work with she did such a great job for me and my girls on my wedding, I couldn't have asked for someone better. She traveled to Chincoteague for me, and for that I am so grateful. Thank you again!

Sent on 11/10/2016

Thank you so much!!

Ashley · Married on 10/09/2016

Shaelynn was one of my absolute favorite vendors from my wedding day. She went above and beyond to make me & my bridesmaids comfortable and happy. Plus, my makeup and hair was FABULOUS. My mom doesn't wear much makeup but even she LOVED what Shae did. The makeup and hair in the pictures turned out fantastic and my hair held all night long. Book her - you wont regret it! :)

Sent on 01/25/2017

Thank you!!! :)

Brenna · Married on 09/03/2016

Shaelynn and her team are so good at what they do. We had 15-18 people getting hair and make-up done. They showed up at 9:30am and worked tirelessly to get everyone completed. The hairstyles and make-up were flawless. Everyone looked beautiful for the BIG DAY!

Sent on 09/08/2016

Anywhere Beauty by Shae's reply:

Thank you so much!! Such a pleasure working with all of you.;)

Holly · Married on 07/02/2016

Shaelynn and her assistant did a wonderful job doing hair and makeup for my sister, my mom and me on my wedding day. The looks they provided us were above and beyond what we had asked for or expected. They were very professional, friendly and experienced. I would definitely recommend them if you are looking for hair or makeup services for your wedding day!!

Sent on 08/01/2016

Thank you so much!

Bridget · Married on 06/13/2016

As a bride who was coming out of town for a destination wedding in Virginia Beach I was so nervous about who to pick to do my bridal hair. Most people have a trial before their wedding but I didn't have that luxury as I was coming from Michigan. After looking at several reviews online I found Shaelynn and her amazing website and reviews. I booked her to come to the house where my bridal party was getting ready and hoped for the best. You guys she is the real deal she listen to each persons request for their hair and made it happen. She was efficient with her time and made sure that we were done with time to spare. Looking back at my pictures now my hair is one of my favorite parts of my wedding, I absolutely love it and I would totally recommend her!

Sent on 08/01/2016

Anywhere Beauty by Shae's reply:

Thank you so much! I'm so glad you were happy :)

Sarah · Married on 06/11/2016

Shae and Amanda were just amazing! They took care of eight of us on the day of my wedding - from my Mom to our adorable flower girl! Shae was so informative and responded to all of my questions right away. She and Amanda arrived on our wedding day even before we did and took care of us all right on schedule - we all felt so special! So many guests commented on our hair and makeup, saying it was the best they had seen! If you want to take the stress out of your wedding day, Shae and Amanda are the ones for you!

Sent on 06/26/2016

Thank you!!

Abby · Married on 06/10/2016

In a few short words, SHAE IS AMAZING!!! Just do yourself a favor and choose her - I promise you will not regret it! She madee all of us look absolutely beautiful according to each of our own unique styles.
    If you want more details, please keep reading ;)

Services Used:
    -Bridal hair trial
    -Bridal hair up do
    -Bridal make up with airbrush
    -Attendent hair up do
    -Mother hair blow out
    -Brazilian wax (AMAZING!)

Review:
    First, I could not find anyone with as low of a trial cost as Shae, and that was one of the reasons I tried her (thank the Lord!). My total wedding budget was $7000 (including everything but our rings - even the thank you presents), so that goes to show you that value was top on my list! Even if you don't trust me by this point, it's only $25 for a trial, so go and see for yourself :) She spent so much time with me on my trial and made it look amazing. Anything I wanted to try, she would fix and show me how it would be. My hair was pretty short, but I was determined to have an up do. I always dreamed of the beautiful hair styles for my wedding day. WOW she made it look like my hair was magically long and twisted into this beautiful low bun.
    On the day of, it was beautiful yet again! She came in, set up, and was ready to go! All four of my bridesmaids loved their hair as well. All different styles, but still wonderfully done. As long as she has a picture of what you want, she can get it pretty close, if not spot on. Same goes for make up! The airbrushing was so light and felt nice on my skin. It stayed the whole night - even after all the hugs. The only reason my hair fell out a little was because my new husband accidentally kept pulling on the end of the veil whenever he'd put his arm behind me for pictures, so my veil fell out a few times which loosened my hair.

Beyond everything, Shae has this personality that instantly relaxes you and takes away all of the stressful thoughts running through your mind. She is so kind and loves her job!!

Sent on 07/12/2016

Thank you !! :)

Kehaulani · Married on 04/23/2016

I found Shae on the Borrowed and Blue wedding website, and after doing my trial hair and makeup, I'm so happy that I booked her for my wedding. She did a beautiful job with my airbrush makeup, and enhanced my features while still making me look natural. I had her curl my hair and pull it half up, and her work held up wonderfully for the entire evening, including through the gale force wind we had to endure for our outdoor ceremony! All of my bridesmaids and my mom loved her and were very happy with her skills. I highly recommend booking her for your special event!

Sent on 05/01/2016

Thank you so much!!

Annelise · Married on 04/16/2016

Shae and her assistant were amazing! I met her at a friends wedding that I was a bridesmaid in and had a great experience so I decided to use her for my wedding and I am so glad I did!! I showed her pictures of the look I wanted and she NAILED my trial and then somehow did an even better job on the wedding day!! Her and her assistant, Amanda showed up early, had all the equipment they needed and got right to work. They were able to make sure everyone was done on time even with people adding services on the day of (because they loved what they saw) and they handled my difficult mother with professionalism and were able to make her happy!

Sent on 04/29/2016

Thank you!!!

Shaelynn was great!!! She was very responsive to my inquires when I first contacted her and was very flexible and accommodating when scheduling the trial since I was out of town. Not only was she incredibly knowledgeable about her profession and would answer any naive question I would have about hair or makeup (I know very little...) but she was incredibly friendly and personable!! For the day of my wedding, she was very accommodating to myself and my bridesmaids and my hair & makeup looked even better than the trial!

Sent on 04/20/2016

Thank you!!!

Samantha · Married on 01/02/2016

Shae and Amanda were absolutely amazing. They were able to do all of my bridesmaids, and the mothers of the bride and grooms hair and make-up in such a fast amount of time. They did a fantastic job with everything and were so easy to talk to and fun to be around! My wedding day would not have been thethe same without them!

Sent on 01/13/2016

Anywhere Beauty by Shae's reply:

Thank you so much for the review!

Paige · Married on 09/19/2015

Shea is such a beautiful person who made my wedding stress free! She was very organized and had a game plan for myself and whole wedding party so everyone could get their hair and makeup done in a timely manner. I would recommend her to anyone! I know if I have a formal event to attend I will deffently return to Shea!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Alyssa Marie · Married on 09/12/2015

I hired Shae to do my hair and make up and she did a perfect job for my wedding. She did everything I asked for. I recommend to do a trial make up and hair do with her so you guys can figure out the best hair and make up before the wedding. Also bring a picture of your favorite make up and hair style and she will work with it. She was very responsive and approachable.

On the day of my wedding, she was on time. She also gave me a retouch kit for my hair and make up so I can fix my hair or make up whenever I need to. Thank you for being amazing Shae. I will definitely recommend you with my friends. If I can only bring you with me when I transfer to do my hair and make up for my future events, I will. Take Care.

Sent on 10/18/2015

Christina · Married on 09/04/2015

Shaelynn was wonderful! I hired her for my hair and makeup in addition to my Mother's hair. I recommend the trial makeup and hair. I think it is less stressful on the day of your wedding because I knew exactly what my hair and makeup would look like.

My hair was exactly what I envisioned and my makeup exceeded my expectations. She did a fabulous job. I had many compliments on my hair and makeup.

Shaelynn is very personable and courteous. My Mother and I enjoyed her being part of my wedding day.

Sent on 10/21/2015
  • Ruth

Ruth · Married on 08/29/2015

Shea was AMAZING!!! Everyone loved her and their hair and makeup. I can not tell you how many compliments I got on how pretty I looked thanks to her on my big day thank you!!!

Sent on 10/14/2015

Thank you !!

Jessica · Married on 06/13/2015

WOW! Shae was amazing to work with! She was professional and personable at the same time. She showed up early to our hotel and got right to work. She did all 5 of my bridesmaids' and my mother's hair as well as hair and airbrush makeup on myself. She did all this in 5 and a half hours. Everyone's hair was different but beautiful and lasted all night long. My hair and makeup was still flawless when we got back to the hotel room at 2:30 am, even though my wedding day was 95 degrees and I danced all night. She worked so hard to make sure we all looked perfect on my wedding day. I cannot say enough about how awesome she was! Thank you, Shae!

Sent on 06/17/2015

Angela · Married on 05/23/2015

Shae is amazing to work with and partners with amazingly talented people, Rylee did such an amazing job on all of
    My ladies hair and mine. My hair stayed up 14 hours later not needing fixed one time. Love them!!!

Sent on 06/10/2015

Missy · Married on 05/17/2015

Shae was a pleasure to work with! She had a great attitude with our chaotic day of the wedding. She was more than accommodating with the last minute changes we had. She did a wonderful job and everyone looked absolutely amazing!

Sent on 06/03/2015

Sarah · Married on 04/18/2015

Shae did a great job and was a fun addition to my group's getting ready process!

Sent on 04/30/2015

Monica · Married on 03/08/2015

Shaelynn did my (bride) hair and make up, my sister's hair and make up and my mom's make up. She came to the hotel the day of my wedding which was so great. Everyone came out so lovely! I did my trial with her a couple months in advance, and even though I changed my mind on my hair three times the day of the wedding, Shaelynn still ended up fixing it just perfectly; she really ended up getting the look I wanted. Everyone was happy with their services, and the pictures came out great. She was very friendly and professional and an expert. I felt great about trusting her with my big day!

Sent on 04/30/2015

I had already found a makeup artist by the time I found Shaelynn, so I only hired her to do my hair. Besides my makeup artist, all my wedding vendors ended up disappointing me in one way or another, but Shaelynn is the only one who didn't let me down in any way.

She charged reasonable and affordable prices for the trial and the day of, which was a big deal for us because we were on a strict budget. She was willing to travel to my locations, which eased my stress a great deal. She was professional, but also very friendly and personable. She was very prompt in responding to emails, which most of my vendors were not very good at. She was also on time the day of, another thing most of my vendors failed at. Most importantly, she was able to create the exact hairstyles I wanted, which several other hair stylists had failed to do. I couldn't have been happier with her results; she delivered.

She also provided hair removal services for me prior to my big day. I am a wimp when it comes to hair removal, but she was fast and efficient, and made it as painless as humanly possible.

Sent on 01/05/2015