Antebellum Oaks Venue Reviews

34 | Austin, TX

34 Reviews for Antebellum Oaks Venue

Kristen · Married on 09/06/2015

We just loved AOV and especially Diana who runs it. This was the first venue we looked at and we fell in love right away. Gorgeous grounds with trees, a small river, green grass and beautiful pavilion. The getting ready areas were also spacious and comfortable- more so than at most venues we've seen. Diana was ready to answer any questions and help us with any issues over the year of our engagement and the wedding went perfectly. The ceremony site outside was close to the pavilion so it wasn't too far of a walk for guests. The brides and grooms quarters were not too far from those either, but easily felt private with various bushes and trees around so I (the bride) could stay hidden even when on the move. Our guests couldn't stop talking about how much they loved the whole place and how it felt so peaceful and joyful there. I honestly couldn't imagine getting married anywhere else in the world!

Sent on 10/02/2015

This venue is spectacular. The outside site for the ceremony and the reception hall are wonderful for an outdoor wedding. If this wasn't enough, the staff at AO went above and beyond! They only work with the best of the best, so the vendors they recommend are all great options. If you are considering booking at this venue, do it now. This place books up fast!

Sent on 07/02/2015

Diana and Antebellum Oaks were fabulous!

Sent on 06/21/2015

Kelly · Married on 04/18/2015

Antebellum Oaks is absolutely beautiful!! The grounds and facility are beautifully maintained and the staff is responsive, courteous, prompt and accommodating. Everything was perfect for our special day. Huge thanks to Diana who was there to check on me and give me a big hug just as I was getting ready to walk down the aisle. I highly recommend this lovely venue to everyone.

Sent on 04/27/2015

Shannon · Married on 03/07/2015

What a deal! Antebellum Oaks is a beautiful venue in a convenient location, and you can't beat the value. Diana has been extremely helpful with making sure everything is set and ready for the big day. We love the setup of the venue and how convenient it is for the vendors and guests. The outside ceremony site with the lights in the trees is just breathtaking and the openness of the reception area with the glass sliding doors will be beautiful for our March wedding. We are beyond excited to have our wedding at Antebellum Oaks!

Sent on 02/21/2015

Molly · Married on 11/22/2014

This venue is exquisite. Now, I chose this venue for the amazing landscaping and gorgeous oak trees. And on my wedding day it didn't just rain, it stormed like crazy! But, they moved it to the inside part of their venue, and it was truly so breathtaking. Even with weather not being perfect, our day was! The staff made it feel as if that's exactly what we had planned! PERFECT!!

Sent on 12/15/2014

Simply amazing! I can not say enough wonderful things about this venue and Diana the owner. My Mom had come in from out of town to visit and wanted to see the venue before the big day. Diana not only brought us through the entire process but was so kind to my Mom that it warmed my heart. Anyone that is kind to my Mom is an angel in my book. I had some trouble with my wedding planners and Diana was so comforting and supportive. I can't thank Antebellum Oaks enough! the place looking amazing on the day of and the decorations were beautiful.

Thank you again Antebellum Oaks, We love you!
    The Bride who cares:)

Sent on 11/05/2014

Rachel · Married on 08/16/2014

Beautiful setting. Grounds are well kept - they even did some extra tree trimming as we are a tall couple. So many great photo ops around the venue. Attentive to emails and phone calls about outside vendors. You can go and look around as much as you need.

Sent on 08/24/2014

Dianna and her staff were absolutely the best! We would not have had the beautiful wedding we had without her professionalism, creativity, and thoughtfulness. It was truly magical!

Sent on 12/05/2014

Lilli · Married on 03/01/2014

My daughter was married at Antebellum Oaks this past Saturday and all I can say is What a Gorgeous venue and Wonderful wedding. The staff was so professional and accommodating to us and our guests. The setting is absolutely beautiful. The Bride and her Bridesmaids had a lovely "Bridal Suite" to use during the day and the Groom and his Groomsmen had an awesome "Groom's Quarters" which included a pool and hottub. So many of our guests complimented me on the breathtaking views and beautiful venue. Diana and Frank were a joy to work with and on the day of the wedding, their extended staff were there to help with all of our needs. I HIGHLY recommend Antebellum Oaks.

Sent on 03/06/2014

Ryan · Married on 11/02/2013

This was the absolutely perfect venue for us. It had the trees and outside setting we were looking for, with a reception hall at hand and an open lawn for lawn games.

Diana and Frank did a great job of responding to our questions and helping everything flow smoothly on the day of the wedding. They were thorough, flexible, and really cared about making our event the best it could be. They even let me rearrange their office so I could use it for a first look!

It's a fantastic venue, run by amazing people.

Sent on 12/06/2013

Kimberly · Married on 10/20/2013

Diana of Antebellum Oaks is simply awesome. She was always genuinely happy for us and you can see that she really cares and enjoys hosting weddings at Antebellum Oaks. We loved that the grounds are so lovingly cared for and the landscaping is beautiful. We didn't need a lot of outdoor decor because of the natural plants and flowers. When you turn down Murfin Road on your way to Antebellum Oaks- you enjoy a beautiful drive. The experience begins before you arrive. With a lot of beautiful venues in and around Austin, you drive through "interesting" areas on your way to the actual venue. At Antebellum Oaks you feel like you completely out in the hill country or even on a preserve (AO is actually nestled in the middle of a preserve) but you are not super far from Austin and Lakeway- plenty of nearby places for out of town guests to stay. We loved that everything seems to be thought of for a wedding or event. Parking, bathrooms, getting ready areas for the bride and groom and a great catering kitchen. AO is flexible for ceremony and gathering areas. You just need to drive to AO to fully get the feeling of love and beauty.

Sent on 12/03/2013

Julie · Married on 10/11/2013

Antebellum Oaks was an absolutely beautiful setting for my daughter and new son in laws wedding and reception!! We looked at several other venues, but kept going back and saying Antebellum Oaks was the one. Frank was amazing at answering all my questions right away. I could nearly always call him on the phone and he would help me with anything I asked. Diana was there the day and all through the evening of the actual event and was right there when I needed her for anything! I had so many compliments from the guests about the beautiful setting. The wedding was held under the gorgeous light wrapped trees with a babbling brook as a backdrop, and the reception was held in their amazing reception hall that has glass doors all the way around so you are able to take in the gorgeous views. They provide everything you need, including tables and chairs placed wherever you want them and linens. The bridal suite was very comfortable and the groom's quarters were amazing! They even let us make a change to a different room at the very last minute to hold a private family cocktail hour before the reception began. I can't say enough good things about them. Thank you Frank, Diana, and Antebellum Oaks for making our daughter's wedding and reception, in her words, PERFECT, MOM AND DAD!!

Sent on 10/15/2013

Erin · Married on 07/12/2013

If you are looking for an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception Antebellum Oaks is the place for you. We picked this venue because of how beautiful it is. We did our ceremony on a deck under huge twinkle lit trees with a gorgeous garden and pond behind us. Our ceremony and reception decor was very minimal because of how great this place is on it's own. The reception hall has all glass sliding door walls so you can take the hill country views inside. They provided our ceremony and reception chairs as well as tables and linens. The staff at Antebellum is really flexible. They even let us come in 2 hours earlier to get dressed in the bridal and groom's suites. I can't brag on this place enough! By far the most beautiful venue I've seen in Austin!

Sent on 08/11/2013

Sarah · Married on 03/24/2012

LaPaloma Events is an amazing venue in Austin! We searched around for months and finally found the perfect place. It has the perfect setting for an outdoor (or indoor) wedding. The landscaping is beautiful. I did very little for ceremony and reception decorations because the place is so beautiful on its own.
    And the owners and staff are amazing. They went above and beyond to help us plan and coordinate throughout the entire planning process. And they pulled it all together flawlessly on the day of. They are very professional and attentive and fun!
    I would definitely recommend LaPaloma. It is a beautiful place with great people and a great price.

Sent on 04/07/2012

Beth · Married on 03/02/2012

We looked at about 40 different venues to find the perfect place for our ceremony and reception. Ridiculous? Yes, but I have been a wedding coordinator for 3 years, and as soon as I met Eileen and Casey and saw La Paloma in person, I knew we couldn't ask for a better venue. Diana and her husband Mike, the owners of La Paloma, are fantastic! They obviously take great pride in their gorgeous venue because the landscaping is always perfectly manicured and the entire space is always spotless. Eileen and Casey were my day of coordinators but were there for me every step of the way. During the planning process, they helped with set up and decoration ideas, floorplans, timeline and so much more. The night of the wedding, Josh and I didn't have to do a thing. They took care of setting everything up and making sure we were staying on track, without being pushy. We could not have asked for a better venue. They made us feel amazing on our special day and our guests are still ranting and raving about how beautiful the ceremony and reception were. We can not thank them enough and we highly recommend La Paloma for a wedding or any other special event.

Sent on 03/20/2012

Jon · Married on 11/04/2011

A beautiful Lakeway location for weddings with top-notch service provided by owners and staff.  The venue offers a gorgeous main house complete with five bedrooms for overnight stays for up to ten or so guests, an elegant upstairs pool table, large-screen televisions, luxurious, modern bathrooms and kitchen, panoramic patio views, a swimming pool, cozy DVD screening room, bbq grills, separate bridal suite from the main house (which my hair and make-up team said was the nicest getting-ready room they had ever seen, with its sumptuous furnishings and tons of natural light) an outdoor cocktail hour patio and a very upscale, attractive pavillion which houses as many as 150 guests and can be curtained off or left open-air (depending on the weather).

I married my fiance at La Paloma on 11/4/11, and can't tell you how helpful, considerate, professional, patient and simply overall calming Casey and Eileen were with us with all the preparations leading up to our big day and on the day of.  I really can't imagine having done everything on our own; the day-of coordinating that was included with our package proved invaluable.

Casey helped assemble our centerpieces for the reception tables, which were semi-d.i.y.  That in itself was a huge help and we've received so many compliments from family and friends on how beautiful everything was, down to the tiniest detail.  We also appreciated that La Paloma's staff were sensitive and considerate enough to our guests to make a last-minute executive decision to move the cocktail hour proceedings from the outdoor patio to inside the enclosed pavilion (while my new husband and I were busy taking photos).  While I was a little sad the weather was too chilly to allow for the cocktail hour on the deck as I had originally envisioned, it was much more important to us that our guests not be shivering and uncomfortable, and Casey and Eileen totally understood that without having to check with us first.  The owner Diana brought wine and h'ors d'oeuvres to us for a quick, private toast between my husband and I in the bridal suite post-ceremony before we joined our guests and while she was there helped my mon and sister figure out the bustle on my dress, which was totally sweet and helpful.  These and so many other little, personal touches on their parts were such a huge help and really made us feel so welcome.

Definitely give La Paloma a look if you're venue-hunting.  I know I'm so glad we did....beautiful, elegant setting with as little stress on the bride and groom as possible!

Sent on 11/28/2011

candice · Married on 04/16/2011

If you are looking for a wedding venue, look no further. It has everything you could possibly need. This property is so beautiful!! The owners and staff go above and beyond to make sure your event is perfect. Even though it is fairly new to the market, it seems like they have been doing it for a lifetime! After the word gets out, they will be crazy busy, so you better call soon!!! It's Amazing!!!

Sent on 04/23/2011

Cathy · Married on 10/16/2011

As the mother of the bride I would like to say how easy it was to work with this venue. I received a lot of answers and ideas leading up to our daughters big day. We had both the ceremony and reception at this beautiful place, so, so many spots to take pictures it was so hard to choose! Mike and Diana were so super fast at setting up and cleaning up. They are so experienced and great at keeping your event running smoothly and on time. There was so much room for our 160+ guests. I would highly reccomend this venue for any occasion, the facilities are immpeccable and the price is right!

Sent on 10/26/2011
  • Caitlyn

Caitlyn · Married on 11/09/2018

Stunning Venue

I worked with Rebecca initially when signing with Antebellum Oaks, she was extremely responsive and kind. She even brought us a bottle of champagne when we signed our contract! The venue is stunning from every angle. There are two areas to get married, under the lit oak trees, or under string lights that come together at a small chapel. You can also get married inside the spacious venue should the weather not permit an outdoor wedding. They were very clear on contracts and rules about the venue, we never felt confused. We had a meeting closer to the date with Diana, the owner, who is also extremely nice and helpful. She helped compile a layout for the day of and review all final details. The day of the rehearsal and wedding day went off without a hitch and everyone raved at how beautiful the venue was. One feature we fell in love with was that the glass windows on the main area and stack back an open to the beautiful surrounding landscape...that was the selling point for us. :)

Sent on 11/20/2018
  • Cari

Cari · Married on 05/16/2015

As a bride who loves being outdoors, Antebellum Oaks was a dream come true. I had never imagined what my wedding would be like prior to getting engaged, but I always knew that I had to get married outside. Diana at AOV was a delight--wedding planning can be very stressful, but she made everything so easy and was willing to meet with us whenever it was convenient for us (we planned most of our wedding from 3 hours away) and always made sure to answer all of our questions. Initially my only complaint was with the flexibility with their preferred vendors. I totally understand why Diana had implemented a preferred vendors list, but there wasn't a wide variety of choices or a wide range of prices initially. Most of the caterers were around $40+ per person and you were required to go through DNA Events for bartending and some catering. If you've read some of the other reviews of AOV, you probably saw that DNA Events is a nightmare and my husband and I can fully attest to that. That's a (long) story for another day however, and thankfully about six months before our wedding Diana announced an expanded vendor list, which included more dining and bartending options. You CAN go through a vendor of your choice not on the list (which we did for our photographer and coordinator), you just have to make sure they submit all of their insurance information to Diana. We're going through an insane El Nino season in central Texas so it's been raining for weeks and I was terrified that our outdoor ceremony would get rained out (thankfully, it was sunny ALL day), but because of the various options AOV offered, we knew that we could easily move our ceremony inside if the weather was nasty; Diana was honestly prepared for anything. It seemed as if all of our 100 guests raved over the beauty of the grounds as well as the buildings. Overall, I would recommend Antebellum Oaks without hesitation.

Sent on 05/21/2015

Jennifer · Married on 09/17/2011

Eileen and Diana were great to work with over the past few months. La Paloma was only minutes away from our ceremony site. La Paloma allowed all the girls to stay the night prior at the house on site, which allowed us to all get ready together. The house and pavillion are beautifully decorated and it was the perfect setting for our reception and wedding photos.

Sent on 10/06/2011

Cassie · Married on 07/02/2011

The La Paloma Event Center is a great place to get married! We had our ceremony and reception there and all of our guests can't stop talking about how beautiful the place was.

Sent on 10/02/2011

Amanda · Married on 05/21/2011

The venue is an extremely beautiful place and still has that authentic refined Texas feel in respect to the accommodating nature of the owners and staff and the look of the venue itself. The grounds are very well taken care of and the staff have great ideas and suggestions for those who need a little guidance. The main house is absolutely gorgeous and I highly recommend renting the house for the weekend for those having a wedding. It is a great value and eliminates much of the stress so you can simply enjoy the event with family and friends. The staff work wonderfully with other vendors and have a full industrial kitchen for the caterers. They have everything you could ask for including rooms for sleeping, bridal dressing area, media room near the pool, covered pavilion, beautiful trees and stream, and the most honest, friendly, and heartfelt staff you could ever hope for. The video on the website sums everything up, it is simply the best choice you can make for any event.

Sent on 11/27/2011

3.0

This is a great venue for the couple who really wants that outside wedding but also wants the guarantee that the ever-changing Austin weather will not cause any issues. The grounds are gorgeous requiring very little exterior decoration and the bride and groom suites are luxurious and large compared to others we visited. The only issues I had were with the owner "coordinator/planner" Diana who seems to be constantly all over the place and very disorganized (she lost all our information after our meeting) but she's quick to offer her day of coordinating services for an additional fee! Thankfully she was not there on my wedding day and the woman who was the on-site manager (sadly I cannot remember her name....megan maybe?) was extremely nice and on the ball and took care of our every need while keeping the evening running smoothly. If they put her in charge of all the day of planning/schedules this venue would be perfect!

Sent on 05/19/2014