Anomalie Reviews

Anomalie 5
Anomalie 6
Anomalie 7

nada · Getting married on 05/31/2022

This is an amazing company!!!!!! I was recently a bridesmaid at a wedding where the bride was wearing an Anomalie dress, and it was ALL the rage! Everyone was talking about how unique and beautiful the dress was, and kept asking the bride or her bridesmaids who made the bride's dress! What a rocking success! Three of my co-bridesmaids are getting married in the next year and also committed to designing their dress and having Anomalie make it. I can't wait to see their creations!!!

Sent on 05/10/2017

Heather Goff · Getting married on 05/23/2020

Exceptional

The best wedding dress experience ever. They over exceeded my expectations on the vision of my dress, its gorgeous and beautiful, literally cried when I seen the sketch! Seriously choose Anomalie for your wedding dress!

Sent on 04/11/2019
  • Maria · Getting married on 03/07/2020

Best dress DIY option

I had the pleasure of meeting/talking with Anomalie and starting the dress creation process. They were so nice, and understanding and sweet. I really enjoyed every part of the process. I got up to the design part of the dress creation and found a dress in a boutique near me so I didn't finish with Anomalie. They were so understanding. I loved the process and know that my dress would have been beautiful. I still follow them on Instagram to see all the beautiful dresses they make for other girls and seeing those girls' dreams come true. If you're having a hard time finding "the perfect" dress... and find yourself loving different parts of many dresses, let Anomalie make that perfect dress for you. Start early! Communicate clearly. And trust the process.

Sent on 05/19/2019

Hannah · Getting married on 02/02/2020

Great service across the country!

I live in Texas, while this country is in San Fransico. I loved the process of designing my own dress and it was so much fun! Takes so much stress away!

• Johannah

Johannah · Getting married on 11/30/2019

Prospective Custom Dress

I cannot say enough about how Anomalie and Liz were so helpful during my dress buying journey. Not only did they guide me though the Anomlie process, but they also encouraged me to shop around to solidify exactly what I wanted in a dress. Their helpfulness and care led me to finding my dream dress in a local boutique. Though I didn’t design a dress with Anomalie, I want to encourage any bride who is considering creating a custom dress to reach out to them! If you want a pressure free, uplifting custom dress experience (that’s budget friendly), Anomalie is the place to go!

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Monica

Monica · Getting married on 11/02/2019

Absolutely wonderful

Made me even more excited to become an anomalie bride as each process progressed. They know how to make you feel special

• Summer

Summer · Getting married on 10/27/2019

The best dress designers out there!

Anomalie has been an absolutely amazing company to work with! They have listened to everything I want in a wedding dress and created that for me plus more! Never would I have dreamed that I could design my own wedding dress and picked every small detail out from the lace to the undertone. All of which I could do for $600 dollars cheaper than the wedding dress I had originally picked out at a local boutique! If you are iffy on whether you should use Anomalie, just go ahead and go for it. I promise you wont be disappointed.

Sent on 01/30/2019
  • Rhiannon

Rhiannon Roberts · Getting married on 09/24/2019

Better than designer gowns for a FRACTION of the cost

Ladies, I'm blown away. I just received my wedding dress in the mail, and it's actually even better than I could have imagined. Lauren, my Anomalie stylist, completely saw my vision and executed it flawlessly. I tried the bridal boutique experience prior to contacting Anomalie and I couldn't believe the prices. Brides should not have to pay $5K+ on a wedding dress that you are only going to wear ONCE. With Anomalie, I paid a FRACTION of what it would have paid in a boutique. The best part, the quality is flawless. I sincerely was a tad bit concerned about how the quality would be for something so cost effective. I showed my dress to a professional wedding planner who's planned over 500 weddings and she estimated that my dress was at least $10K. When I showed my dress to a former high-end bridal boutique employee, she estimated my dress to be around $8K-$15K. They both nearly fell over with shock when I told them that I paid less that $2,000 for a fully sequined gown court length gown with a cathedral veil.

Besides the cost, here are my other top reasons of why I chose Anomalie. First, the sky is the limit with your design. I designed something I've never seen before. You can send them photos of exactly what your looking for, bits and pieces of different dresses, or create something completely new. Since I created something completely new and extremely detailed, I knew I was really taking a risk, but THEY DELIVERED! Also, they update you with pictures from the workroom so you get to confirm literally every step before they proceed. You make every single decision down to how the fabric is positioned. They even pin on your fabric, and once you confirm the placement, they sew it on.

Here's my ultimate favorite part. Anomalie believes in their products so much that they will refund you your money if you don't like the dress. That does not happen with boutiques. Once you swipe that card, that dress is yours. There's no such thing as buyer's regret with Anomalie. You make every single decision along the way. YOU ARE THE DESIGNER.

Now, how's the process? After completely giving up with the bridal boutiques, I finally contacted Anomalie after seeing their advertisements on Facebook. First, I completed a style quiz to reveal what my bridal style was. Then I added a TON of images (94 to be exact) to my lookbook to give them various ideas of what I was going for. They then set up a consultation call with me, and I explained my vision. Once I gave them every single detail of my dress of my dreams, they gave me a quote of how much it would cost (Yes, they stuck to the quoted budget!). Unlike boutiques, there was absolutely no pressure in purchasing my dress that day. I sat on it, thought it through and decided I had nothing to lose. They then sent me my customized sketch and I confirmed it. Soon after, they sent me my fabrics and a tape measure. I loved how I got to feel the fabrics that would be used on my dress and see how they looked in the light. I was 99% sure on one color tone until I received the box and was so glad that I had that opportunity to change my mind. With Lauren's guidance and advice, I confirmed my fabric and lace (the lace choices were uploaded to my lookbook) and sent in my measurements. Here's the exciting part, my dress then went into production. I literally screamed and jumped around my house when I saw the first images of the dress. It was a 3D glimpse of the dress to confirm the shape and cut. Once I confirmed that, that's when they cut the fabric and the sequined lace and pinned it onto the mannequin. I confirmed the placement of everything, and it was sewn together and shipped to Anomalie's headquarters for final looks. The Anomalie team took a closer look at my dress in person with their quality check process. Once my dress passed their quality check, it was sent to me. I may have tracked down the UPS delivery guy before he could deliver it to my house. It was the best delivery ever. When I opened the box I stood there in shock of how STUNNING it was. Ladies, it was somehow BETTER than I imagined and surpassed my expectations. It looked BETTER than designer gowns I had tried on.

Final thoughts...please go to the boutiques and try on every dress that interests you. Get the free champagne experience and check the prices while discovering what looks best on your body type. Take photos and send them to Anomalie. During your consultation call, make sure you're sitting down when they give you the dress quote. You're going to wonder how in the world anyone still shops at a boutique anymore. THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NO REASON! If you want that champagne and the yes to the dress moment, save your money and buy yourself a bottle of champagne and invite your friends over when your Anomalie dress arrives. You seriously won't regret it. My fiancé and I have been able to take the budget I had for my dress, and we put it into a wedding in Venice, Italy with a reception in a 17th century palace and a honeymoon in Switzerland. We save THOUSANDS of dollars while getting a dress that looks better than any designer dress at a wedding boutique.

If you want to see how my dress turned out, make sure to follow me on Instagram (@thisisrhiannon) and wait to see how it turns out on September 24th, 2019.

Sent on 06/04/2019

Calie G · Getting married on 09/20/2019

Best wedding decision yet!

My dream dress went from a Pinterest board to a stunning, silky reality in 3 months flat. I was absolutely floored by the customer service and attention to detail by my Anomalie dress team. Not only did I get the dress of my dreams, I feel like Rebecca and Delaney were really there to support me the whole way!

Sent on 10/22/2018
  • Brianne

Brianne · Getting married on 09/14/2019

Amazing. Passionate

Nothing short of amazing. So much love and care was given to me from my team and my dress is a dream come true. Thank you

Sent on 02/24/2019
    Anomalie 16

Lindsay Norman · Getting married on 09/08/2019

Skeptical? Give Anomalie a shot!

I heard about this company from a few friends and had seen some ads on my Instagram feed after I got engaged. I had gone dress shopping at multiple chain stores and bridal boutiques and hadn't found anything that I loved. I wasn't sure what to expect but I set up an introduction call and that call alone sealed the deal for me to move forward with them. I wish I could remember the guy I spoke with, but he was so easy to talk to, it was like talking to a friend rather than a stranger. The whole idea sounded wonderful, but my main concern was how much was it going to cost. When they told me that the average bride's completely custom gown cost somewhere in the range of $1400 I couldn't believe it. Now, don't get me wrong, it's not that I think that's no money, but in the realm of wedding dresses that is reasonably inexpensive especially for a custom gown. I went forward with a design call and put down the $200 deposit, which is not much considering the estimated price of my gown was $1300. I got my fabric swatches in the mail within the week of my design consult (complete with a handwritten note and delicious champagne gummy bears!) and had a sketch of my dress within two weeks. My designer was wonderful and super prompt with responses and gave me lots of options. I was still a little worried about the idea of not trying on my gown before it arrived 6-8 weeks before my wedding, since I started working with Anomalie a little later in the game. They are really great about being realistic with the timeline, if they don't feel 100% confident about getting you your gown in time for you to do any alterations that may need to be done, they will let you know, even if you're cutting it close like I was. I was honestly completely set to get my gown with them, but I had family coming into town who wanted to see me try on dresses first, before I made my final decision. I ended up finding a dress that was completely different than what I had designed for myself that I absolutely fell in love with. I felt so awful having to tell my designer and not move forward with this company. Everyone was so wonderful and they all were just happy that I found a dress that I loved! They gave me a full refund of my deposit and I cannot recommend this company enough. They truly are PRO-BRIDE! If you're unsure, take the leap, they will make it easy for you and take care of you from start to finish.

Sent on 02/28/2019

Chaka Mayes · Getting married on 08/25/2019

Extremely picky and slightly OCD bride!

I had went to bridal shops and always found what I wanted but in three or five dresses. The ladies at Anomalie wired with me to create the dresses of my dreams!! I am extremely picky and slightly OCD yet they loved me anyway!! I am so excited about my dresses!!

• Brenda

Brenda Cole · Married on 07/06/2019

Just what I wanted!

Was unsure at first, but they did a great job putting me at ease and giving me the dress of my dreams! I got exactly what I was looking for plus some extras (hello pockets?!), everyone gave me compliments on it. I did not need to have any major alterations made and I would highly recommend this to another bride!

Sent on 07/20/2019
    Anomalie 17
    Anomalie 18
  • Breanne

Breanne · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing experience!!

I was hestitant to buy a dress online but after going many bridal shops and feeling pressured and uncomfortable I set up a call with anomalie. My stylist was so patient and helpful! I even changed how I wanted my dress after the initial drawing and they were so understanding and considerate. It was even shipped months before I was expecting it. This place definitely exceeded my expectations and I got every thing in a dress I wanted and paid less than any dress I tried on in a boutique. Definitely recommend this experience plus it’s really cool to say you designed your wedding dress!

Sent on 07/07/2019
    Anomalie 19
    Anomalie 20

Anomalie's reply:

Breanne, you look absolutely stunning in your gown! We are so appreciative of your feedback and love that we were able to take away that discomfort and replace it with comfortability! We are so thankful you chose us!

Grace · Married on 06/22/2019

Stress-free dress design

I was skeptical about ordering a dress online, but Anomalie made the process as stress-free as wedding dress shopping can be! I was disillusioned with in-person dress appointments where salespeople were ignoring my requests. Working with the Anomalie team was completely different. With a few inspiration photos and a couple of hours on the phone, we designed a dress that was absolutely beautiful and totally me... something I couldn't find at my budget in stores! The team was also super responsive to my emails and checked in with me throughout the design and dress-making process.

Sent on 07/07/2019
    Anomalie 21

Anomalie's reply:

We absolutely adore your photo, Grace! Your feedback is so important to us. We are so thankful we got to take away the impersonal experience of in-store shopping and create a custom dress just for YOU!
  • Laksamee

Laksamee · Married on 06/09/2019

Positive, professional, transparent, fun

If you have the time, and a specific wedding dress vision, Anomalie can make it happen.

A sincere and happy thank you to the entire Anomalie team. They made my dress dreams come true. I wanted a dress that combined my childhood dream of a gold dress similar to my Thai mother’s wedding outfit, and a traditional western dress. They made that happen. I had my first dress consultation June 2018 and received my completed dress by October 2018. Instead of having to buy a dress and altering it to include gold lace, they made it possible for me to see my vision from the very beginning.

We had a wonderful wedding, and part of that was how amazing I felt wearing the perfect dress for me.

Sent on 06/13/2019
    Anomalie 22
    Anomalie 23
    Anomalie 24
    Anomalie 25
    Anomalie 26

Elyse Guilfoyle · Married on 06/08/2019

Incredible quality and service at fraction of cost

I had no idea that it could be so easy to get a wedding dress of my dreams. I only went to one brick and mortar bridal store before ultimately deciding to go with Anomalie. I’m not the type who needs the in-store experience where they pick a ton of things out for you without much of your input, nor let you pick out dresses off the rack on your own. When I started working with Anomalie, I wasn’t really sure what exact dress I wanted, but knew the types of components I liked. Anomalie put my very vague “pieces” together and turned it into something quite wonderful. The fact that I could have these consultations and measurements on my own timeframe was priceless. When I received the dress, it took me forever to open the box because I was nervous about how it turned out. When I finally did, I was overwhelmed by the quality and precision of the design. I still need to take it in a little bit, but that’s to be expected with any wedding dress. My styling team was the absolute best and checked in with me on my satisfaction regularly. Love love love Anomalie.

Sent on 03/13/2019
  • Abigail

Abigail Kramer · Married on 06/01/2019

Exceptional service, incredible value

Anomalie is revolutionizing the wedding industry. I was able to mix and match the elements of other dresses I had tried on to design the perfect dress for me, using the high quality materials of $5000 dresses for just a fraction of the price. The customer service was top notch and I always felt listened to and taken care of. Everyone at my wedding was so impressed to hear that I designed my own wedding dress! I love telling everyone about Anomalie and how amazing it is. All brides need to know!

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Liz

Liz Dill Lowery · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing! Blown away! Perfect! Greatest decision ever!

Choosing to design my custom wedding dress with Anomalie was THE greatest decision I made through my entire wedding planning process. It was everything I could have ever imagined plus more. The shopping process was an awful experience for me that left me in tears after visiting every single boutique or dress shop that I went into. The dress was the most important detail of my wedding for me and it HAD TO be perfect. Only a custom dress from Anomalie could make that happen. This dress is mine and no one else will ever have it. HOW COOL IS THAT?! Plus, my completely custom finished dress and veil was less expensive than other dresses that I slightly considered that would still have had to be altered. I could not be more impressed!!!! My dress is absolutely gorgeous and I'm still swooning over it when looking at my wedding photos. I could not emphasize enough how happy I am that I chose to work with Anomalie. My dream dress would not have come close to a reality if it were not for my amazing stylist team at Anomalie.

photos: MEREDITH WASHBURN
    meredithwashburn.com
    insta: @meredithwashburnphoto
    twitter: @mwashburnphoto

Sent on 06/28/2019
    Anomalie 27
    Anomalie 28

Anomalie's reply:

Liz, you look stunning in your custom, one-of-a-kind dress! We appreciate your feedback and are so glad that we were able to help relieve the stress of shopping in stores for a dress that isn't uniquely yours. We are so thankful we were able to be a part of your big day!
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 05/31/2019

Yes yes yes!

Being a size 28 (bridal size 32), it was almost impossible to find a dress that fit me and had the details that I wanted. Most bridal stores just don’t carry that size and the few that do, are extremely overpriced. Not to mention, dress shopping in general is miserable when you’re plus size. Even if they can order the dress in your size, the one you have to “try on” definitely won’t be. I had very few options and they weren’t what I wanted.

In comes Anomalie. I came across this company on Facebook. My honest review of my dress I received today: it’s perfect. Exactly what I wanted. The two dresses I had been considering before had aspects that I loved but neither had exactly what I wanted. I was able to show them those two dresses, pick out exactly what I liked, add my own details, and choose the fabric and lace. It fit like a glove. Just needs minor tailoring. The dress I received was less money than the two I had been considering, but way more detailed and way better quality. Honestly, if I had found this dress in a store, I would expect to have paid 3x what I paid for it. It’s so detailed. I didn’t have to settle because of my size. I couldn’t be happier. I recommend them to anyone. They also got me the dress two months earlier than they had originally told me! My mom has been crying all day and I can’t stop staring at it. Which is why I wrote this review now when my wedding isn’t even for a few months. I’ll add more photos after the wedding but I was too happy with the result to not share.

Sent on 01/28/2019
    Anomalie 29

Nicole · Married on 05/26/2019

Flexible, wonderful value, dress turned out beautifully

My experience was very smooth working with the team at Anomalie. It was a little nerve-wracking at times to think that I was ordering my wedding dress without trying it on up front, but they were very faithful to the inspiration dress I selected and with a bit of tailoring (which is MUCH cheaper because the hem of the dress is made custom to the bride's height) the dress turned out beautifully.

Sent on 02/18/2019
    Anomalie 30

Lianne · Married on 05/25/2019

Dream Dress!

When I started looking for the perfect dress I went to more than 10 stores and either they were to expensive or simply not what I was looking for. A friend knew that I was not having a good time looking for my dress so she send me a link of this company that she saw on Instagram. She briefly explained that I could make my dress online and that prices were reasonable. I didn't believe her! So I just kept visiting boutiques and places, with no luck. After a month or so, I decided to take a look at the link my friend sent me... and I am SO GLAD that I did! Thanks to Anomalie I was able to find my dream dress! The process is very simple and fun! No need to worry about not knowing how to explain exactly what you're looking for, Anomalie's team will help you through out the whole process. And the best thing? You can get your money back if you don't like the dress! So, what do you have to lose? If you are looking for the perfect dress at a good cost, look no further - Anomalie is for you!

Sent on 06/22/2019
    Anomalie 31
    Anomalie 32
    Anomalie 33
    Anomalie 34
  • Dana

Dana A Ball · Married on 05/20/2019

The Perfect Dress

I was so glad to have found this company as they were able to help me create exactly what I had in mind. When I had gone shopping at regular boutiques, not only were prices too high but they didn't even have anything close to what I wanted. Anomalie was not only communicative and supportive, but they were even able to enhance the ideas I had for my dress. Thanks to this company my dress turned out beautifully and was still within my price range. I reached out at least a year in advance and it was worth it, because they spent as much time as possible to make sure that every detail was done correctly. I highly recommend giving Anomalie a try, they are well worth it!

Sent on 06/13/2019
  • TiShanté

TiShanté · Married on 05/19/2019

An absolute must

If you are looking to spend between $1,000-$2,000 on a wedding dress, give this Anomalie a chance! I started customizing my dream dress in October 2018 for a May 2019 wedding. They were able to deliver the dress to me Feburary 2019. Everything from the consult call, to the design stage, sketch and fabrics sent, to the dress being delivered to me went so smooth. They are really pro-bride. Throughout the process, all of the ladies made sure to stay true to my design and my vision. Even if something wouldn't work out from a fabric or design point, they would come back with ideas to create a dress perfect for me.

I have advised all my friends to go through this process with Anomalie when it come time for their weddings. I couldn't think of my wedding day without this amazing dress. I'll attach photos so that you all can see this amazing creation!!

Sent on 05/28/2019