Anomalie Reviews

367 | San Francisco, CA

367 Reviews for Anomalie

Nada · Getting married on 05/31/2022

This is an amazing company!!!!!! I was recently a bridesmaid at a wedding where the bride was wearing an Anomalie dress, and it was ALL the rage! Everyone was talking about how unique and beautiful the dress was, and kept asking the bride or her bridesmaids who made the bride's dress! What a rocking success! Three of my co-bridesmaids are getting married in the next year and also committed to designing their dress and having Anomalie make it. I can't wait to see their creations!!!

Sent on 05/10/2017
  • KGreen

Krachell · Getting married on 03/18/2022

New Bride in Houston!

Just put my deposit down for my wedding dress with Anomalie and I am beyond excited and nervous. Kaitlin helped me create my perfect vision just last week and I've been starry eyed ever since. So far the process has been pretty easy and transparent, of course I'm hoping it'll stay that way throughout the production and delivery phase. Overall it's been a lovely experience. I am so excited to be an Anomalie bride!

Sent on 10/31/2019

Anomalie's reply:

Congratulations on becoming an Anomalie bride, K! We are so excited to continue working with you to bring your dream to life. Your feedback is valued!
  • Adriana

Adriana R. · Getting married on 02/20/2022

Amazing experience!

I had tried on a few dresses and fell in love with a dress that was wayyyy out of my price range. I decided to try Anomalie to see if they could create something similar. I worked with a stylist and the experience was so fun. Once we ironed out the details for the design, the dress was shipped off to production. That's when the anxiety hit. I knew I was taking a risk but also knew at least I would have time to scramble and find a new dress if things didn't work out. When my dress finally arrived, I was completely enthralled by PURE HAPPINESS (and a HUGE sign of relief) because my dream dress became a reality. It's scary, I'm not going to lie, but I'm so so so happy I took a leap of faith and went with Anomalie. I'll post again with pictures after my wedding :) Gotta keep my baby a surprise. BUT CANNOT WAIT TO SHOW HER OFF!!!!

Sent on 06/03/2021
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Getting married on 02/05/2022

Get Creative!

I love Anomalie! From initial consultation to the delivery of dress, they were a dream to work with. They walked me through the whole process and helped me design a beautiful gown that was completely one of a kind. Each step of the design process was fun, and I loved having the opportunity to pick my fabrics and colors. I was always excited to get status updates from the factory. I especially liked seeing the dress come to life from sketch to final review. Their customer service was also great. They checked in with me at regular intervals to keep me up to date. They also followed up as the wedding date drew closer to make sure I was all set for the big day. I’ve recommended them to friends, family, and even strangers.

Sent on 05/22/2019
  • Milly

Milly G. · Getting married on 10/23/2021

I would recommend Anomalie to any bride!

My whole experience with Anomalie has been so easy and fun! I had a good idea of the basics I wanted in my dress (long lace sleeves, floaty tulle skirt, A-line silhouette), but my stylist Miranda expertly helped me decide more details based on her experience of what will sit best against my skin in the fabrics I chose and her experience designing countless dresses. These details included the best neckline and backline to avoid having to cover my chest or back with illusion mesh, which I wanted to avoid. Miranda also helped me decide how full of a skirt I wanted, the color palette to choose, how to make a tasteful unlined top with hidden cups, whether or not to include pockets, guidance around why I should put some buttons on my dress (which I ended up loving!) and also gave me help with my lace choice. Anytime I had any questions, Miranda got back to me same day. My dress arrived 2 months ahead of schedule, and I have tons of time to get a few small alterations made before my big day next October. I am so impressed with how much my dress looks like my sketch, and I’m absolutely thrilled with how my dress has turned out. I love that nobody will have ever worn a wedding dress exactly like mine before, as I made my Anomalie fully bespoken!

Sent on 12/15/2020
  • Deanna

Deanna · Getting married on 10/09/2021

Amazing experience!

Everything about my experience was perfect!

Sent on 05/14/2020
  • Mykell B. · Getting married on 10/01/2021

New Bride Experience

I just put down my deposit for my dress to be created and I am already so impressed by this company. They are SO friendly and helpful and do everything they can to help the vision of your perfect dress come to life. My design sketch is so beautiful and I know the final product is going to be even better.

Sent on 10/08/2019

Anomalie's reply:

Thank you for your feedback, Mykell! We are so thankful you trusted us to bring your dream dress to life and can't wait to see the final product. Congratulations on becoming an Anomalie bride!
  • Michelle

Michelle O. · Getting married on 09/11/2021

Personalized

This company has already impressed me so much with their communication. From picking fabrics, to leaving comments on your inspiration board - they have made every decision in making my dress that much easier. Trying on dresses has been a nightmare for me - especially because I'm 4'11" and have curves. I wanted a simple long-sleeved dress that fit my personality (and my measurements), and it was near impossible to find one in my price range at bridal boutiques. Not only am I going to be a getting my own design put into production but it's actually in my price range! I cannot wait to see my dress completed in four months!

Sent on 11/08/2019
  • Julie

Julie H. · Getting married on 08/01/2021

Fantastic customer service

Let me start by saying Tanisha is an absolute gem! She has helped me every step since I first discovered Anomalie and dreamt of a dramatic princess dress, to after COVID hit, our wedding plans changed, and I needed to also change the dress design before moving forward with the process. Designing a dress can be overwhelming, and she has been incredibly patient, answered all my questions and addressed my concerns along the way, and given me the direction and advice that has ultimately landed me my dream dress design! It just went into production, I cannot wait for the result, and will be sure to post photos! Thank you Tanisha!

- Julie

Sent on 11/10/2020
  • Robin

Robin S. · Getting married on 07/10/2021

Upon arrival, I was stunned and amazed with the beauty and quality of my custom gown

I was absolutely amazed and pleasantly stunned when I received my beautiful, fully custom dress. Why? Because there are so many false offers of doing custom dresses from Chinese shops.. So on some level, I wasn't sure what to expect and had some doubts.
    But I have to share the experience and outcome with Anomalie was wonderful. When I received the final resulting beautiful dress, I still had some concern as I started to open the box, and yet it was a beautiful dress of the highest quality of workmanship and fabrics that had been made to my vision and specifications, with the help of a few pics of what I was seeking. It was also built to my exact measurements, which helps to reduce the very very high costs that significant alternations can be incurred in a wedding dress that is not made to custom measurements.

When I received it, I felt like a celebrity opening their custom gown that had been made specifically for them. Even the packaging was very classy and high quality. I had ordered and returned two prior "off the rack" gowns that I had been disappointed in and this dress (for the same price range) far exceeded the quality of those gowns, as well as the presentation of them.
    For the price of one of those gowns that may be worn by hundreds of other brides, I was able to get a truly custom one of quality that compared to designer gowns of much higher cost.

I fully recommend this company! THANK YOU!

Sent on 06/08/2021

Sarah M. · Getting married on 06/19/2021

Great Experience

I found a dress that I loved, except that I wasn't 100% sold on the lace pattern. I turned to Anomalie to create the same dress, but with different lace. My consultation was fantastic. The consultant seemed to get what I was going for and was extremely thorough. The process actually ended up making me fall more in love with the original dress, so I elected not to move forward, but the experience was great.

Sent on 11/05/2019

Anomalie's reply:

Thank you for your feedback, Sarah! While we are sad we weren't able to create your dress, we are so glad you found your absolute dream dress. We hope your wedding day is nothing short of perfect!
  • Jennifer

Jennifer M. · Getting married on 06/19/2021

Amazing and Beautiful

I am so speechless, my dress is perfect!! I had the best designer named Lauren and she eased everyone of my high maintenance moments and spoke to me and with me about the design and what I wanted! We had to change our date to June of 21 because of Covid and seeing my dress which just came this week made the last 2 months of sadness slips to the back of my mind for a brief moment. I was able to zoom with family to showcase dress. The whole process was great, Lauren was my second designer and she just got it and me!!! I thank the entire staff and Leslie V for creating this epic company!!! I posted the try on photos from our zoom unboxing!!!

Sent on 05/09/2020
  • Meagan

Meagan C. · Married on 05/22/2021

Perfection

I designed my wedding dress from scratch with Anomalie consultants based on 4-5 other dresses I liked elements of. My dress was completed in about 4 1/2 months and arrived perfect. I needed no alterations. It was literally made for me. It also saved me THOUSANDS. My dress was full lace and the seam work was evidence of their wildly talented sewing partners. Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/30/2021

Taylor H. · Married on 05/06/2021

If you can't find a perfect dress in the stores and boutiques- go with Anomalie!

Unfortunately I was not able to go through with making my custom dress with Anomalie due to the coronavirus. I got as far as picking the fabrics, going through the design process, and was about to go into production when the virus hit. We had to cancel the wedding so my dress did not get made. I just wanted to come on here and say how awesome Anomalie is. The design process is so easy and personalized- the dresses are incredibly affordable. It was a no brainer to go with them and I'm so sad I won't be having a wedding and can't wear my dress!

Sent on 05/18/2020
  • Janice

Janice U. · Married on 05/01/2021

Loved my custom anomalie dress!

All of my bridal salon visits were canceled at the start of covid. In a rush, I searched for other options and stumbled on anomalie. I’m so glad I did because I was able to create the dress I knew I wanted but could never find!

Photo credit: @_amandacoxphotography

Sent on 05/16/2021
  • Devyn

Devyn M. · Married on 04/24/2021

Perfect Dress

Anomalie helped me create the most perfect dress for my wedding reception. It was the perfect length and weight. We designed it to my specifications and it came out so wonderful. I could not have asked for a better experience.

Sent on 05/26/2021

Skylar G. · Married on 04/24/2021

I got my dream dress!!

Absolutely amazing. I got to design my dream dress and each step of the way, their stylists helped make it smooth. I was so happy with my dress! Affordable too. I recommend Anomalie, instead of going to a boutique. I loved them!!

Sent on 05/26/2021
  • Jessie

Jessie B. · Married on 04/02/2021

Exactly what I needed!!

If you are a bride who knows exactly what they want in a wedding dress but can’t seem to find it anywhere online or in any stores, Anomalie is for you. I had a very clear picture in my head of what I wanted and spent countless hours searching online. I found some dresses that were close but was scared of spending that much online not knowing how it would fit. I felt very taken care of through the whole process and it was a ton of fun to design the dress with some help from their team. The dress was high quality and looked amazing after I got some alterations done to make it an even better fit. The dress arrived in half the time and was a lot cheaper than other dresses I was seeing online of the same value. I was SUPER happy with the whole experience and would highly recommend this to anyone who has a clear idea of what they are wanting! My one caution is that altering a wedding dress can be pretty expensive (I paid 1600 for the dress and 800 for alterations) even though the alterations were pretty minor (of course this varies based on material and complexity), so just be aware of that extra cost. Thank you Anomalie for the whole experience and taking such good care of me! (Photo credit goes to Emily Heath http://emilyheathphotos.com)

Sent on 06/02/2020
  • Julienne

Julienne K. · Married on 03/06/2021

Exceeded my expectations

I, like many brides had my dress shopping journey cut short due to covid. However, even the shops I did get to shop in, I couldn’t find exactly what I wanted. Even if I did find something close, it was way over budget. I am so glad Anomalie came across my timeline because it was the best decision I made. My dress came out BEAUTIFULLY. It was exactly what I wanted and the attention to detail was perfect. I did have to get my dress altered quite a bit but that was only because I lost so much weight due to stress! I had endless compliments on my dress and the best thing I could hear was, “wow, your dress is gorgeous, I’ve never seen anything like it!” And then I got to tell them that I designed it!!

Sent on 03/25/2021
  • Ria

Ria C. · Married on 01/17/2021

Dream experience for a dream dress! ❤️

I found Anomalie on Instagram and from Day One I knew I wanted to design my dress with them. Their website makes everything so easy from scheduling a consultation to the final product. I had so much fun working with Serena and uploading inspiration pictures of different dresses. My dress was fully custom to what I wanted. They sent me swatches of fabric that I was interested in. They were honest about what designs I could do that would look realistically the same in real life. Serena answered countless emails full of questions. I enjoyed our phone calls and receiving progress emails of my dress. We even matched my cathedral length veil to the fabric and lace of my dress and it was beautiful and perfect. When I measured myself for the dress, they even emailed me asking me to redo it because the measurements were off. This company is in your corner and really want to ensure that your dress is absolutely perfect. I lost quite a bit of weight, so I knew the dress would not fit, but that’s what alterations are for (and they should be done anyways). After my alterations, my dress fit like a glove on my special day. I would choose Anomalie and this process all over again if I could. Thanks Serena!!

Sent on 03/09/2021

Emily C. · Married on 11/21/2020

Anomalie Online Dress Design

The dress was exquisite and exactly what I ordered. Could not have been happier with how it looked. Sooooo many compliments on it.

Jeanette D. · Married on 11/07/2020

Wedding Dress

My dress was perfect, exactly what I wanted.

• Samantha

Samantha · Married on 11/06/2020

Incredible!

Came out exactly as I wanted and when my alterations were going to cost me the same amount my dress did Anomalie reimbursed half of it! Love my dress!

• Brianna

Brianna · Married on 10/20/2020

Cannot wait until I say "I Do"!

I was looking online at dresses, and I couldn't find anything specific that I liked. I had just recently gotten engaged, and was getting all of these sponsored ads. One was for Anomalie! I took their old dress style quiz, and fell in love with my initial sketch. I had my consultation with my designer, and got my sketch a few days later! I wasn't sure what all I wanted, or what most of the terms meant, but they helped me throughout the whole process, and entire hour long phone conversation. I was asked if I wanted a veil, and I told them at first I wasn't sure. My family later took me dress shopping, where I tried on other dresses with a veil, and discovered that I wanted a veil. It was easy to add one, and I was able to add pockets to my dress in the design phase! They kept me updated throughout the entire production process, and now I have a one of a kind dress, and I love it more than I could have ever imagined.

Sent on 01/11/2020

Anomalie's reply:

Thank you for your feedback, Brianna! I am so glad we were able to add on a perfect veil and pockets to your dress. We can't wait to see photos from your big day!
  • Courtney

Courtney C. · Married on 10/20/2020

Great Experience

My dress turned out so beautifully! I will say that you should err on the side of overexplaining and overspecifying all design details. I had a minor detail that turned out a little differently than I imagined (the neckline of my dress had a slightly different binding than I pictured), but once I explained my thoughts Anomalie offered to send the binding fabric to my seamstress. I didn’t end up modifying it because we decided to elope and it wasn’t a make or break detail for me. The quality was awesome and the timeline was very reasonable. The best part was I got an amazing dress for an even better price point. Thanks to everyone at Anomalie for being so sweet and helpful!

Sent on 10/28/2020