Anne-Claire Brun Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

• Jennifer
    Jennifer R. Married on 10/06/2021

Incredible family photo session

Anne-Claire was incredibly flexible and met us in a remote location in Sea Ranch. She worked magic to capture beautiful photos of our family -- with 2 young kids and even a dog. She provided our digital files so quickly. We have so many photos that we absolutely love -- both candid (so many great ones of the kids naturally playing!) as well as ones of us all looking at the camera. We will absolutely work with Anne-Claire again. I absolutely recommend her!
    Molly D. Married on 07/24/2021

We love our photos!

I would highly recommend working with Anne-Claire! She did our photography for our wedding in Healdsburg and could not have made the process any easier. She really listened to what our hopes and expectations were, offered great suggestions, and she captured so many great candids without us even knowing she was there in the moment!
    Sarah Married on 10/17/2020

Master at her craft and a dream to work with

Anne-Claire is a master of her craft. I lucked into meeting her at 2 of my best friends' weddings. They are both art directors and hired Anne-Claire without knowing the other did too. If that is not a sign I don’t know what is. When it was my turn to plan a wedding she was the first person I reached out to. We didn’t have a date, venue, or really anything. All I knew for certain is all my other decisions would be made around her availability. Her work speaks for itself. While researching photographers, few came even close to her fine art quality photos. Working with her is a dream, and she made the planning and actual wedding day effortless and stress-free. On the morning of my wedding, she made me feel comfortable and was somehow magically present to take pictures but invisible at the same time. Even with a micro wedding of 8 people, looking at the photos and angles she was able to capture is astonishing. Anne-Claire was flexible too and when I wanted to look for a spot I had seen from the venue website, we took a detour. We didn’t find the same green lush area due to the season, but with her masterful eye, she was able to capture some of the most unique photos through the branches of a magnolia tree. She has a natural talent and trained eye able to capture moments perfectly in an instant. I don’t know what she does to the photos during color correction but they look like paintings and works of art. The whole day was a magical dream and she was able to capture the emotions and ambiance with a camera. She went above and beyond to surprise us with the most eye-dropping photography sneak peeks a couple of days later. Since our wedding was a secret I was able to quickly add them to our wedding site to share with our family and friends. Everyone was blown away and still raves about the photography and those were the sneak peeks! When the rest of the 800+ photos arrived my mind was blown. Every photo was perfect. The only problem I had was having to narrow down so many spectacular photos for my album! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for capturing one of the best days of our lives.
  • Gavin
    Gavin Married on 05/08/2020

Reliable, Casual and Excellent

Anne-Claire is excellent -- she is very flexible, and tries to document the day just as it is, without pushing you into awkward or contrived poses. She is very patient and has an excellent eye for artistic angles, especially in natural moments or complicated scenes.
  • Kaycee
    Kaycee Married on 10/25/2019

Amazing work and sweet photographer!

Anne-Claire was a dream to work with! Super responsive, kind, and organized throughout the whole process. On the wedding day, she was sweet and fun to spend time with. I'm a creative director and photography was the most important thing to me aside from the venue/guest experience, and she has a really unique perspective. She's amazing at capturing emotion. We just received our sneak peek from her and couldn't be happier.
    Kelly S. Married on 09/20/2019

Fabulous! I can’t wait to do annual photos! I have already recommended her to friends

Anne-Claire is such a pleasure to work with! In the last year she has shot my baby shower, a maternity photo shoot in Muir Woods and a family session post-baby that we used for Christmas cards this year. I love these photos dearly and have gotten so many compliments! Her use of light and scenery is unparalleled and her professionalism (yet fun to shoot with) is always appreciated! She has creative ideas for group shots and I can’t wait to do our annual family photos with her again and again. I feel so confident in recommending her that I’ve already done it for my own family members and close friends (and everyone has also been thrilled). If you want great shots (that aren’t the typical boring or staged poses) definitely book Anne-Claire!
    Ally Married on 09/01/2019

Amazing Wedding Photographer!

Anne-Claire was our photographer for our wedding and we couldn't have been happier. She professional and helpful throughout the whole process and offered a lot of great insight. Most importantly, the photos turned out perfectly, we love them!!
  • Alice
    Alice W. Married on 08/18/2019

Gorgeous photographs and the sweetest photographer!

My husband and I feel incredibly lucky to have gotten Anne-Claire as our photographer back in August 2019. First of all, the photographs turned out stunningly. When we first got them, we gasped in awe; she has such an eye for light, composition, and the mood of the moment. One of the reasons I picked Anne-Claire originally was because our venue risked having a lot of high contrast between the bright sky and the shadows of the trees, and I could see from her portfolio that she'd have no trouble handling that. We ended up having a foggy day, but Anne-Claire managed to turn that into an advantage, producing ethereal, magical shots. I’m also thankful I had her on my side during planning. Her process is organized but calm, and she is one of the few wedding vendors who didn't cause me any heartache whatsoever--which is a high compliment! Also, having now been to other weddings with obtrusive photography teams, I can fully appreciate how easy it was to work with Anne-Claire on the day. She guided us when we needed it, but otherwise blended in with the background, making us and our guests feel totally comfortable. The next time we have an important family moment to document, we’ll certainly be calling on Anne-Claire!
    Brooke Married on 06/22/2019

Stunning engagement photos

Anne-Claire is so incredibly talented and her warmth and humor made our session feel very natural and comfortable. We absolutely adore our photos and have gotten so many compliments on the ones that we have shared. She captured our love and the gorgeous Northern California coastline so perfectly!
    Nipa Married on 06/02/2019

Amazing photographer

Anne Claire is an artist, capturing each moment of your day, each member of your family as the light hits laughter of your children or the hands of husband and wife together with henna.
    I don't have enough words to describe her talent, it is only descriptive with her photos. She is non invasive but all encompassing capturing many moments we did not realize she cherished as much as we did. Merci Anne Claire. Vous etes tres magnifique!
    Rachel Married on 08/17/2018

Hiring her is the best choice I made for my wedding

Anne-Claire is the best! She did our engagement session in May 2018, and wedding in August 2018, both in Northern Cali. I spent hours browsing photographers in Cali and east coast (since I live on east coast). Anne-Claire’s work stood out. Her photo captured the raw emotion of the moments, but also has a romantic touch. She is extremely talented, especially in the way she capture the light.
    The day we did our engagement session was drizzle, damp then finally foggy. We did not expect too much considering the weather, yet her work surprised us. The photos seem to be taken in some misty wonderland. And not surprisingly, the wedding photos are stunning. The dreamy light in the photos made the wedding even better than I remembered. Anne-Claire went above and beyond expectations for both engagement and wedding. Hiring her is the best decision I made for my wedding. Anne-Claire’s work is art. And on top of that, she is understanding, easy to work with, professional and fun! I cannot say enough good things about her, I would highly recommend her if you are looking for a real deal in art for your wedding photography.
  • Jade
    Jade H. Married on 08/10/2018

Gift to relive our day through her lens

We saw that Anne-Claire had shot at our location before and fell in love with her style and how she captured the day, so we were thrilled that she was available for our date. About two months before, we filled out an information form and timeline detailing the day, group photos, vendors, and actually the timeline ended up also being very helpful for all of our other vendors and for us to nail down the schedule. It was easy working with her--she was so friendly, easy-going, and rolled with the flow when unfortunately our relatives got in her way of taking photos, and our group photos went off script. She captured our day so beautifully; it's such a gift to be able to relive it through her lens. A word of caution, she is in great demand especially in peak wedding season, and as a result, it did take about 90 days for us to receive our photos. They were absolutely worth the wait, but definitely just keep that in mind. She is really that good.
  • Mina
    Mina Married on 08/04/2018

SUPERB in every way!

Anne-Claire is an amazing photographer. Her pictures tell a story in such a way that allow you to relieve your wedding day. She captured all of the emotion and special moments of our day in a truly authentic way. Of course we got our staged photos, but Anne-Claire is a true artist who sees the moment and captures it before it's gone. So many moments in our wedding day were fleeting, but upon receiving our photos, it's like I got to be a guest at my own wedding. That's a priceless gift. She stayed longer than expected and hustled throughout the entire day. She was 100% present, engaged, and on top of it during our entire wedding. I would recommend her to anyone looking for an exceptional photographer.
  • Michael
    Michael G. Married on 05/06/2018

Incredible!

Anne-Claire did three different shoots to help us celebrate our union; Big Sur engagement photos, SF City Hall wedding, and Iceland "Elopement." She was absolutely amazing with all three. Not only was she professional and patient with us, but she has such an amazing artistic eye and she was a pleasure to spend so much time with. The photos turned out INCREDIBLE and we absolutely could not be happier, both with the quality of work and with Anne-Claire herself. I would recommend her to anyone.
  • Sara
    Sara C. Married on 10/28/2017

Anne-Claire is Magic

After months, sometimes years of planning,
    your wedding day finally arrives. And it goes in the blink of an eye. All that remains are shared memories and photographs. Having a photographer that can capture the special moments, and the love between you and your partner is essential.
    My husband and I are beyond blessed and grateful to have had Anne-Claire as our wedding photographer. She has the amazing ability to capture not only the dynamic between a couple, but also the energy and atmosphere of a place. I look at her photos and it all comes back to me; I feel the chilly damp air, smell the woods, hear the crashing waves, and sense the peaceful stillness of the meadow. Her photographs are breathtakingly beautiful accounts of people, nature, and the love we promise one another.
    Anne-Claire was easy to work with and wonderful to be around. She has a lovely, positive personality and she added her own warmth and joyful vibrations to our wedding.
  • Y
    Yin Married on 09/30/2017
    Anne-Claire captured every moment of my wedding day in Joshua Tree exquisitely. Her photographs are romantic and candid, more importantly Anne-Claire is a kind and professional individual. I was almost an hour late to my wedding and was lost on the way to the park (where the ceremony took place), Anne-Claire was comforting and calmed me down.
    I work as an art advisor at Sotheby's and I highly recommend Anne-Claire. I contacted more than 30 photographers in both US and Europe and wanted someone whose photographic styles represented closely to film photography.
    Anne-Claire is easy to work with and captures beautiful photographs under time constraint and pressure. She is also very meticulous and will remember the photographs you want to have to take for the wedding. You will be asked to list pictures of family and friends for Anne-Claire a few months before the wedding. One of the most memorable photos Anne-Claire took is of me and my husband jumping in the pool with my wedding dress on. Anne-Claire was accommodating and stayed an extra hour to finished the photos I wanted to have to be taken. I could not have asked for a better photographer to capture my wedding in Joshua Tree.

Anne-Claire Brun's reply:

Thank you so much for the review, Yin! I loved working with you and your wedding in Joshua Tree was so gorgeous! Haha, the jumping photo was hilarious, I'm glad I stayed for it!
    Thank you again, for trusting me with your memories <3
  • Kelly
    Kelly Married on 06/15/2017

Jess Married on 11/14/2015
    Anne-Claire is incredible. I love, not just like, but LOVE literally hundreds of my wedding photos. I couldn't be happier. And they are gorgeous. Not cheesy.
    Not to mention she is sweet and cheerful and incredibly easy to work with. And she works so hard to get so many shots--I felt like I discovered so many moments of our wedding day I hadn't known about, but that Anne-Claire had captured for us. It was rad!

Basically if she's in your budget, and you like her style, you can't go wrong with Anne-Claire.
    Lindsay Married on 04/18/2015
    Anne Claire is an exceptionally talented and photographer and amazing person! We hired her for both our engagement photos and April 2015 wedding in Hopland, California. We were looking at several different photographers, even some from Los Angeles, and were willing to pay for travel fees in order to hire someone we absolutely loved. Before we met her, we knew from her blog and website that we loved and admired her work, and then when we finally met her in person, there was no question that she was the perfect choice for us. We were thrilled when we found out that she lived locally to where our wedding was located, which was a total coincidence. We loved her so much, we honestly would have hired her from across the country! She made us feel so comfortable from our very first meeting with her. She has such a natural and organic approach to her work, and captures the most raw and genuine of moments. She is one of the hardest working people I have ever seen, and was absolutely the hardest working vendor at our wedding. We had her and her husband as the 2nd shooter, and he was also so talented and fun to work with! We are so lucky to have come across the both of them, and feel so grateful to them for being a part of our day. If you are looking for the real deal in fine art photography, I cannot say enough great things about Anne Claire and would very highly recommend her.
    Laurent Married on 09/12/2014
    Anne-Claire is a very talented photographer, very kind and very professional. She did manage very well with our improvisation, and she guided us in a very intuitive way to great pictures. Anne-Claire has caught hundreds of moments of our wedding in France, with a very precise eye, and aestheticism as main guideline. We have the wonderful memories we dreamed. We definitely recommend Anne-Claire!
    Sophie Married on 09/07/2014
    Anne-Claire has photographed our wedding in Sept 2014 in France and we couldn't be happier with the experience and the result.
    The process before the wedding was very smooth, great communication.
    On the day, Anne-Claire knows what she needs and what she's doing. She managed to capture so many great photos (over 1000) still being discrete during the event.
    She has a great personality and it was a pleasure to share the special day with her.
    We already fell in love with her photographic style just looking at her portfolio, so we had no doubt she'd do a great job. But we just couldn't believe how well she was able to capture the atmosphere of the day through her photography.
    She's not on the clock and made it all very easy for us.
    Céline Married on 08/30/2014
    I've discovered Anne-Claire's work 3 years ago. We didn't planed yet to get married, but I loved her work so much, I wanted her to freeze our couple in time. Unfortunately she wasn't available in France at this moment but it was only matter of time !
    We contacted her for a pregnancy session and it was "love at the first sight" :)
    She is very professionnal and friendly as well. She knows what is the best regarding light or posture. She knows how to make you feel comfortable in front of her camera.
    And at the end, you recieve so many beautiful pictures ! We "worked" with her 3 times (pregnancy,then a baby session, and our wedding) and we never been disapointed.
    I heartily recommend her, and we look forward to have a new family session with Anne-Claire next summer !
    Katherine Married on 06/07/2014
    Anne-Claire photographed our wedding in April and everything came out wonderfully! She is extraordinarily talented, as you can tell from looking at any of her photos. But she is also such a fun and friendly person to work with. She showed up early and worked tirelessly getting coverage of every little detail. She sent us the finished photos on time and we were thrilled with how they turned out. All the photos she took of our wedding are stunning. We highly recommend her!
    Emily Married on 04/12/2014
    Anne-Claire is truly incredible at what she does. I can’t count the number of wedding photographers I looked at before finding Anne-Claire—but when I saw her work it was love at first sight. Her work is just so beautiful—whether you happen to know the people in her pictures or not. Having never planned a wedding before, I balked at the going rate of wedding photographers. But after getting back our wedding pictures from Anne-Claire I understood the value of having these most precious moments captured for us to enjoy for the rest of our lives. Her work is worth every cent and more.

From our very first correspondence I knew I was really going to like working with her. She was sweet, helpful, and responded to my emails promptly. She was well organized and made sure that I had all the information I needed from her, and she had all the information she needed from me, well in advance. I really appreciated her willingness to come see and familiarize herself with the wedding venue prior to the day of the wedding. All throughout the process, I felt that Anne-Claire was just as invested as I was in making sure that we got the best product possible. The day of the wedding she moved around us imperceptibly. I don’t know how she did it—but she captured so much without me really being aware of her presence.

My husband and I were brought to tears when we first saw our wedding photographs. It wasn’t just the pictures she had taken of us together—which were beautiful—we were in love with the pictures she took of our parents, our friends, the children, the venue, and all the little details that will help us remember throughout our lives what it felt like to be in that special moment. Anne-Claire has a unique gift of being able to look through her lens and find the art that already exists in each moment. She captured that day for us—the beauty, the emotion, the magic. I can’t recommend Anne-Claire highly enough!
    Katie Married on 01/10/2014
    Anne-Claire Brun is one of the best decisions we made for our wedding- Her personality is just the best- extremely flexible, genuine, and so easy to work with. Great planner and knows the right questions to ask. Sooo very appreciated when you are planning a wedding. Then the quality of her photos is unsurpassed. Gorgeous, and captures all the details, moments, and feeling. Plus she made me feel so comfortable when shooting, and was so respectful of everyone/everything. Couldn't be more grateful that we found her!!!