Annapolis Waterfront Hotel Reviews

103 Reviews for Annapolis Waterfront Hotel

• Leslie

Leslie J. · Getting married on 03/10/2022

Planning a COVID Wedding at AWH

I had the pleasure of working with Sarah and her team at the Annapolis Waterfront Hotel. Sarah and her team were proactive with the COVID 19 precautions and the wedding in August 2020 was a huge success! AWH was accommodating and flexible during the ever changing COVID 19 wedding planning process. It was a pleasure to work with AWH and I would highly recommend Sarah and her staff!

Sent on 10/27/2020
  • Melissa

Melissa H. · Married on 09/05/2020

The Annapolis Waterfront Hotel should be your only choice!

The Annapolis Waterfront Hotel is a beautiful venue. There is ample space for guests indoors and outdoors. The food is also delicious and there is parking on site for your wedding day and rehearsal dinner.

Sarah L is a Wedding/Event Manager Extraordinaire! Her professionalism, gregarious demeanor, patience and attention to detail made our wedding day seamless.
    We didn’t realize that we forgot our “Reserved Signs” for the ceremony and extra votives for our card table until we saw our wedding pictures. Sarah stepped right in and provided those items for us without ever mentioning it.
    She is wonderful! Schedule your consultation now!! You won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 10/20/2020

K Landon · Married on 08/08/2020

Wedding Venue/Reception

Sarah and her team at Annapolis Waterfront Hotel went above and beyond in their work on our daughter’s wedding reception! It was a truly magical setting and the staff were extra attentive and helpful to all of us. The food was amazing and so delicious and the chef & catering staff also helped tremendously with any special dietary needs we had. Sarah worked with us for nearly a year to ensure all our expectations were exceeded. One of the best experiences we’ve had hosting an event. Highly recommended!

Sent on 09/23/2020

Christine M. · Married on 12/28/2019

Wonderful experience!

The Annapolis Waterfront Hotel was the best venue for our dream wedding! The service was amazing throughout the entire planning process, as well as the execution of the actual wedding.

Sarah Lubawski was one of the sole reasons my wedding was amazing! Sarah was with us the entire process and helped with every detail.

This property is the best place to get married and have a wonderful event.

Sent on 12/30/2019

Rachel · Married on 12/06/2019

Best. Wedding. EVER!

I know everyone says this, but I truly had the BEST WEDDING EVER. The Annapolis Waterfront Hotel was the absolute perfect venue. I got married in December 2019. We got beautiful photos by the water, and the entire hotel was decked out in Christmas trees and wreaths. The patio area had elegant twinkly lights, cozy heaters, and comfortable furniture so guests could hang out in an open area. The hors d’oeuvres were delicious; a fan favorite was the tomato soup shooters a grilled cheese slice on top. Our wedding coordinator, Sarah, was responsive, knowledgeable, and overall one of the friendliest people I've ever met. I can't recommend the Annapolis Waterfront Hotel enough. The hotel rooms were clean and nautical as well!

Sent on 10/15/2020

Megan · Married on 11/30/2019

Wedding Venue Dream!!

We had our wedding at the Annapolis Waterfront hotel and it was an absolute dream!! In regards to the venue the entire staff was fantastic from the front desk to the wait staff. The venue is very flexible and provides great packages for any budget. They provide great recommendations, don’t try to up-sell you and are honest when they think you don’t need the next option up which is very important when the wedding bills add up. They were very accommodating in many aspects! Sarah Lubawski was our wedding coordinator and she was absolutely amazing! She went above and beyond from beginning to end to ensure that our special day went seamlessly. We started the planning process over a year out from the date and she provided excellent service from our initial meeting when we were looking at other venues as well and made us feel at ease through the whole process! She was extremely thorough, friendly, and made our experience with her memorable! She is an expert in the industry and I highly recommend her and this venue for any event (especially your wedding)!

Sent on 12/15/2019
  • Martina

Martina · Married on 09/21/2019

Perfect Annapolis Venue

We loved having our wedding at the Annapolis Waterfront Hotel. Any question or worry we has was quickly answered or squashed by our amazing coordinator, Christina. She handled everything and was always so calm and happy! We looked all around Annapolis and DC and this was the best venue with a water view, walkable to everything downtown for our guests. The package includes everything you need and they allow you to bring your own cake, etc.

Sent on 10/09/2019

Courtney · Married on 09/20/2019

Seamlessly Beautiful

My husband and I had our wedding September 20th 2019 at the Annapolis Waterfront Hotel and we couldn’t be more pleased with how our special day turned out! Sarah and her team are definitely a group to talk about, so organized, helpful, relaxed, and just a delight to work with. The venue out on the patio is breathtaking, and while we were extra blessed with the sunshine, the views definitely pleased our guests as well. Thank you all for making our wedding day unforgettable!

Sent on 10/01/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 09/07/2019

Dream wedding

I cannot begin to explain my love for this venue and the staff. From the time my fiance and I chose the venue to the day we got married on 9/7/19 Sarah kept us informed and eased any concerns I had immediately. She was extremely responsive and that helped tremendously in keeping us de-stressed for the big day. When our wedding day came around, it was perfect...there were no hiccups and it was everything I could have ever dreamed of. Thank you SO much to Sarah and the staff at AWH! You are highly recommended!

Sent on 09/15/2019
  • Donna

Donna P. · Married on 09/07/2019

We had the pleasure of having Sarah handle my daughter and her husband's wedding planning. Very professional and pleasant!!

Sarah was our wedding planner/coordinator. She was wonderful! We couldn't have asked for a better experience. I am the mother of the bride. I helped my daughter and her new husband with some of the planning. The venue was wonderful, the staff was was wonderful. Sarah had made a suggestion of some outside vendors. They turned out to be simply marvelous and professional too. Overall, it was a great day and I would highly recommend the Annapolis Waterfront Hotel for a fabulous wedding, or other event, experience. And, you can't beat the view.

Sent on 09/17/2019

Emmalea F. · Married on 08/31/2019

August 2019 Wedding

I had my wedding in late August, and I can't say enough about how wonderful it was. The flexibility and the value of what we received from the waterfront is unmatched. The wedding coordinator, Christina, is absolutely amazing. I cannot say enough great things about her! I had less than 3 months to plan my wedding, and I wouldn't have been able to do it without her! Our wedding was absolutely gorgeous, more beautiful than I ever could've imagined. My only qualm was with the Valet; a lot of the guys at the Valet were extremely rude to both myself, and other guests staying at the hotel over the course of the wedding weekend. Regardless of this, my experience was still amazing and would recommend the Waterfront to anyone I know!

Sent on 09/24/2019

Jill H. · Married on 08/17/2019

The Perfect Venue!

We cannot sing higher praises for the work that Sarah Lubawski at the Annapolis Waterfront Hotel did for us! From the moment we first looked at the space, Sarah was on top of things. She answered every question we had, accommodated our special requests and assisted us with our decorations. We had a flawless wedding reception in the Chesapeake Ballroom and the patio. Sarah and her team did excellent work maintaining a coordinated timeline, working with our other vendors, providing advice for table/seating placement. Truly stunning evening. We cannot thank her enough! Her continued involvement and effort throughout the whole process made our wedding day extra special and just what we always imagined!

Sent on 12/20/2019

Lindsey T. · Married on 07/27/2019

Beyond expectations

I can not say enough positive things about our experience. Every detail was thought of and Sarah was amazing to work with. She’s flexible, knowledgeable and genuinely cares about giving you the best experience possible.

Sent on 09/24/2019
  • Courtney

Courtney D. · Married on 07/20/2019

Our dream wedding

Christina DelSesto made everything so perfect and was such a big help! She made our day so much more amazing. Thank you so much!

Sent on 07/22/2019

D Beatley · Married on 06/15/2019

Mother of the Bride

Omg! Sarah Lubawski and the entire staff were absolutely amazing. During the planning, they were quick to respond and gave sooooo many helpful suggestions. The wedding day (June 15, 2019) was unbelievable. Sarah and the staff had everything under control- the ballroom looked beautiful, service impeccable and they even packed up all of our personal items at the end of the evening. The bride was overwhelmed with how perfect everything went at the hotel. We had 17 rooms booked by family and the bridal party and they all were very pleased. I can’t say enough great things. As a picky mother of the bride, I couldn’t have been happier! Many thanks to everyone at AWH!!!!

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Alexandria

Alexandria · Married on 05/25/2019

"Best Wedding Ever"

I cannot even begin to describe how amazing it was to have our wedding reception at the Annapolis Waterfront Hotel. By the end of the night, nobody wanted to leave and all of our guests were saying how it was the best wedding they've ever been to. Luckily enough, we were able to invite all of our guests to continue the celebration at Pusser's which is the bar connected downstairs - which was also a great experience.

The Chesapeake Ballroom, where our reception was held, is absolutely gorgeous. If you're not looking to spend a ton of money on extra decorations, you won't need to because the simplicity and class of this ballroom is enough in itself. Attached to the ballroom is a covered patio that leads to a spacious outdoor patio that overlooks Downtown Annapolis and the United States Naval Academy, which is absolutely gorgeous during the day, and especially at night when downtown is all lit up. You cannot beat the views that this venue provides and we were getting compliments on how amazing it was the entire night.

The food was absolutely phenomenal and the service was beyond compare. My husband and I were treated like celebrities and the staff was always making sure our needs were met and they exceeded our expectations.

Christina was an absolute pleasure to work with. From day one, she made it easy to plan what we wanted and made the whole process seamless. I will recommend this venue to ANYONE who is getting married in the future and is looking for a gorgeous night that they'll never forget. Thank you to the entire team at the AWH from the bottom of our hearts for giving us a night we will cherish forever!

Sent on 05/27/2019

Christine M. · Married on 05/11/2019

A fairy Tale Wedding!

It is with great pleasure that I write this review about the exceptional experience we had at the Annapolis Waterfront for Maggie and Jason's wedding. It was a fairy tale wedding. Sarah was so kind and calm and extremely detailed! The banquet manager made sure that we were treated with such respect. We all felt so welcome and special that by the end of the evening Saturday we felt like family! I would like to recognize Orlando and the second bartender. You were all amazing! As the mother of an only child I wanted this day to be special and it more than met our dreams!!! Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 05/21/2019

Courtney S. · Married on 03/16/2019

The BEST March wedding thanks to AWH & Sarah Lubawksi

We had our wedding at the Annapolis Waterfront Hotel on 3/16/19. We had a truly wonderful experience during every step of the planning process all the way to our reception - which truly exceeded our expectations in every way!! The success of the event is truly thanks entirely to Sarah Lubawski, our wonderful on-site coordinator. If you are considering having your wedding at AWH, be sure to ask for Sarah, as you will be in the BEST hands in the business. This girl CRUSHES the wedding coordination game. Sarah was on top of every detail throughout the planning process all the way through the final moment of our reception. She answered all of our calls and emails with professionalism, grace, and kindness. The week of our wedding, we simply provided her with our day-of items (guestbook, escort cards, signage, table numbers, etc.) and she took it from there. She set up everything and turned the ballroom into a true work of art. She went above and beyond and added some of her own personal touches to make the space shine for our guests. Ah, I could cry in gratitude for everything you did for us, Sarah. Thank you, thank you, thank you. You always felt more like a friend than a vendor. We love you. Because of your conscientiousness and attention to detail, I never once felt stressed about how our reception would turn out. Our bartender and servers were also amazing at the reception and ensured we always had our drink of choice nearby and that we were able to enjoy the meal while also greeting our guests. Thank you, Sarah and AWH for everything. I already miss your happy emails in my inbox!

Sent on 03/27/2019
  • Eleanor

Eleanor D. · Married on 12/28/2018

Winter Wedding in Annapolis

We loved this hotel for our December wedding! We really wanted a venue on the waterfront and close to the Naval Academy Chapel, and we loved that AWH offered a historic venue with a beautiful view of the bay. We used their space heaters for our cocktail hour and the patio was warm and cozy despite a cold, rainy day. We also used the fire pits which so many of the guests loved and enjoyed. The staff was very kind, responsive, and generous. We enjoyed a discounted price for having a wedding on a Friday and for having it in the winter season. Only potential downside is that no buffet options are offered, only plated meals. We didn't initially want plated dinner but it ended up being great and giving us both some much needed quiet time to ourselves during the night. Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/01/2019

Becky · Married on 08/11/2018

My husband and I were married here on August 11 and it was amazing! We had both our ceremony and reception held here. Christina worked wonders and helped us so much through this. We live in Chicago and were worried about out of town planning, but Christina was so flexible to work with us from the tasting all the way to the wedding. She was prompt to answer all my many questions by email and every time we thought we had a small problem with something, she'd offer an immediate easy solution. She also had everything set up so beautifully the day of the wedding! The venue itself is beautiful, many of our guests stayed out on the patio for the reception to enjoy the waterfront. The food was perfect, our out of town guest loved the crab cakes! All in all, it was perfect and I wouldn't have done it any other way!

Sent on 08/19/2018

Allison · Married on 07/28/2018

DREAM WEDDING!! My husband and I had our wedding here July 28th and truly I have nothing but amazing things to say about the Waterfront Hotel!

Our coordinator was Sarah and from the start she literally was on top of every single detail. She listened to family dynamics, she understood specific food requests, she heard my vision for how I wanted the ceremony and reception to look and more. What was even better was the day of she just took everything and made it all happen and I didnt worry about a thing. So many details like bar signs and bouquets and favors she just knew how to handle it without pulling me aside and bothering me. Her alone made this venue great.

The space- we had a unique crowd where my side was all from PA and 90% of our friends were under 30 so we figured after the wedding, they would want to go out to the bars after the reception. Being directly downtown was huge for us. What made it better was the direct flow/openness from reception to dancing outside so people could drink/talk/get some air. Our guests could just have fun all night and see the beautiful view which is priceless.

Overall, if you're debating this venue, this was by far the best decision.

Sent on 08/08/2018

Catherine · Married on 07/21/2018

We held our wedding ceremony and reception at the AWH. We have only good things to say about our coordinator Christina and her team. Christina was responsive and helpful leading up to the wedding day. She coordinated with all of our outside vendors and we had very little to worry about. The food and service was excellent and the ballroom looked amazing. We added the tater tot station and orange crush bar which were big hits with our guests! After the reception all of our personal decor items were packed up and ready for us the next morning.
    Most of the negatives were due to the horrible weather conditions on our wedding day. It was July 21 and Annapolis received 5+ inches of rain and wind! We had a 30'x60' tent set up for the ceremony on the patio, but weather conditions were so bad we had to make the decision to pull the ceremony inside. Christina and her team made this transition several hours prior to the start time. The ceremony was held in a portion of the ballroom and it looked lovely but was a tight squeeze and very warm for our guests. This was not what we had envisioned for our ceremony when we chose this venue. We did use the covered outside patio and tent for the cocktail hour and extra reception space. The permanent awning on the patio leaked and there were many puddles to navigate, but the patio was usable. The limited parking at AWH also became an issue due to the weather. Many guests were turned away by the valets and had to find other parking locations. Generally this would be a minor inconvenience, but in our case we had guests who arrived soaked. The negative, unrelated to the weather, had to do with the hotel. We did not find the sales staff particularly helpful or responsive with questions and requests about our room block. The front desk staff at the hotel were very good.
    Despite the weather, we had a beautiful wedding at the AWH. Thank you to Christina and her team!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Valerie · Married on 05/19/2018

Sarah Lubawski and her team are the best. Make sure you ask for them.

Sent on 06/07/2018

Katie · Married on 05/05/2018

The wedding staff did an absolute magnificent job. Sarah and her crew couldn’t have set a more perfect day for us. Alvin and the bar staff were on top of their game the entire reception and there was never more than a 10 second wait for a beverage. Our guests were extremely pleased with the entire wedding, from the easy flow of events, to the set ambiance made perfect by Sarah’s team, and the entire staff with their respectfulness and attentiveness.

Sent on 06/05/2018

Linda · Married on 05/05/2018

I wanted to thank specifically Sarah Lubawski for her beyond spectacular job making My daughter's wedding a dream come true. The compliments were endless. Sarah and her team were efficient, courteous,helpful, and timely every step throughout the day. Sarah's patience and calmness were probably the greatest asset to a Bride and her Mother. It goes a long way on wedding day. She is definitely at the top of the list for an event planner. It's a stressful job and not for the weak of heart. The Waterfront Venue satisfied every whim on the list and most of all the rain stayed away which was making the bride a little edgy.
    The food was plentiful and delicious. The little pastries were an added treat. Our bartender Alvin was terrific . It was absolutely a beautiful day and so many made it possible. Thanks to all!

Sent on 05/12/2018

Annapolis Waterfront Hotel's reply:

Thank you so much Linda for taking the time to review our services! It was a true pleasure for myself and our staff to work with you and your family. I will be sure to let Alvin know that he was mentioned - he will be thrilled!

All my Best - Sarah