Annapolis Waterfront Hotel Reviews

Annapolis Waterfront Hotel 6
Annapolis Waterfront Hotel 7

Katie · Married on 09/07/2019

Dream wedding

I cannot begin to explain my love for this venue and the staff. From the time my fiance and I chose the venue to the day we got married on 9/7/19 Sarah kept us informed and eased any concerns I had immediately. She was extremely responsive and that helped tremendously in keeping us de-stressed for the big day. When our wedding day came around, it was perfect...there were no hiccups and it was everything I could have ever dreamed of. Thank you SO much to Sarah and the staff at AWH! You are highly recommended!

Sent on 09/15/2019
  • Donna

Donna Pohler · Married on 09/07/2019

We had the pleasure of having Sarah handle my daughter and her husband's wedding planning. Very professional and pleasant!!

Sarah was our wedding planner/coordinator. She was wonderful! We couldn't have asked for a better experience. I am the mother of the bride. I helped my daughter and her new husband with some of the planning. The venue was wonderful, the staff was was wonderful. Sarah had made a suggestion of some outside vendors. They turned out to be simply marvelous and professional too. Overall, it was a great day and I would highly recommend the Annapolis Waterfront Hotel for a fabulous wedding, or other event, experience. And, you can't beat the view.

Sent on 09/17/2019

Courtney Del Conte · Married on 07/20/2019

Our dream wedding

Christina DelSesto made everything so perfect and was such a big help! She made our day so much more amazing. Thank you so much!

Sent on 07/22/2019

D Beatley · Married on 06/15/2019

Mother of the Bride

Omg! Sarah Lubawski and the entire staff were absolutely amazing. During the planning, they were quick to respond and gave sooooo many helpful suggestions. The wedding day (June 15, 2019) was unbelievable. Sarah and the staff had everything under control- the ballroom looked beautiful, service impeccable and they even packed up all of our personal items at the end of the evening. The bride was overwhelmed with how perfect everything went at the hotel. We had 17 rooms booked by family and the bridal party and they all were very pleased. I can’t say enough great things. As a picky mother of the bride, I couldn’t have been happier! Many thanks to everyone at AWH!!!!

Sent on 06/17/2019

Christine Mcgowan · Married on 05/11/2019

A fairy Tale Wedding!

It is with great pleasure that I write this review about the exceptional experience we had at the Annapolis Waterfront for Maggie and Jason's wedding. It was a fairy tale wedding. Sarah was so kind and calm and extremely detailed! The banquet manager made sure that we were treated with such respect. We all felt so welcome and special that by the end of the evening Saturday we felt like family! I would like to recognize Orlando and the second bartender. You were all amazing! As the mother of an only child I wanted this day to be special and it more than met our dreams!!! Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 05/21/2019

Courtney Sayre · Married on 03/16/2019

The BEST March wedding thanks to AWH & Sarah Lubawksi

We had our wedding at the Annapolis Waterfront Hotel on 3/16/19. We had a truly wonderful experience during every step of the planning process all the way to our reception - which truly exceeded our expectations in every way!! The success of the event is truly thanks entirely to Sarah Lubawski, our wonderful on-site coordinator. If you are considering having your wedding at AWH, be sure to ask for Sarah, as you will be in the BEST hands in the business. This girl CRUSHES the wedding coordination game. Sarah was on top of every detail throughout the planning process all the way through the final moment of our reception. She answered all of our calls and emails with professionalism, grace, and kindness. The week of our wedding, we simply provided her with our day-of items (guestbook, escort cards, signage, table numbers, etc.) and she took it from there. She set up everything and turned the ballroom into a true work of art. She went above and beyond and added some of her own personal touches to make the space shine for our guests. Ah, I could cry in gratitude for everything you did for us, Sarah. Thank you, thank you, thank you. You always felt more like a friend than a vendor. We love you. Because of your conscientiousness and attention to detail, I never once felt stressed about how our reception would turn out. Our bartender and servers were also amazing at the reception and ensured we always had our drink of choice nearby and that we were able to enjoy the meal while also greeting our guests. Thank you, Sarah and AWH for everything. I already miss your happy emails in my inbox!

Sent on 03/27/2019
  • Eleanor

Eleanor Derouin · Married on 12/28/2018

Winter Wedding in Annapolis

We loved this hotel for our December wedding! We really wanted a venue on the waterfront and close to the Naval Academy Chapel, and we loved that AWH offered a historic venue with a beautiful view of the bay. We used their space heaters for our cocktail hour and the patio was warm and cozy despite a cold, rainy day. We also used the fire pits which so many of the guests loved and enjoyed. The staff was very kind, responsive, and generous. We enjoyed a discounted price for having a wedding on a Friday and for having it in the winter season. Only potential downside is that no buffet options are offered, only plated meals. We didn't initially want plated dinner but it ended up being great and giving us both some much needed quiet time to ourselves during the night. Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/01/2019

Becky · Married on 08/11/2018

My husband and I were married here on August 11 and it was amazing! We had both our ceremony and reception held here. Christina worked wonders and helped us so much through this. We live in Chicago and were worried about out of town planning, but Christina was so flexible to work with us from the tasting all the way to the wedding. She was prompt to answer all my many questions by email and every time we thought we had a small problem with something, she'd offer an immediate easy solution. She also had everything set up so beautifully the day of the wedding! The venue itself is beautiful, many of our guests stayed out on the patio for the reception to enjoy the waterfront. The food was perfect, our out of town guest loved the crab cakes! All in all, it was perfect and I wouldn't have done it any other way!

Sent on 08/19/2018

Allison · Married on 07/28/2018

DREAM WEDDING!! My husband and I had our wedding here July 28th and truly I have nothing but amazing things to say about the Waterfront Hotel!

Our coordinator was Sarah and from the start she literally was on top of every single detail. She listened to family dynamics, she understood specific food requests, she heard my vision for how I wanted the ceremony and reception to look and more. What was even better was the day of she just took everything and made it all happen and I didnt worry about a thing. So many details like bar signs and bouquets and favors she just knew how to handle it without pulling me aside and bothering me. Her alone made this venue great.

The space- we had a unique crowd where my side was all from PA and 90% of our friends were under 30 so we figured after the wedding, they would want to go out to the bars after the reception. Being directly downtown was huge for us. What made it better was the direct flow/openness from reception to dancing outside so people could drink/talk/get some air. Our guests could just have fun all night and see the beautiful view which is priceless.

Overall, if you're debating this venue, this was by far the best decision.

Sent on 08/08/2018

Catherine · Married on 07/21/2018

We held our wedding ceremony and reception at the AWH. We have only good things to say about our coordinator Christina and her team. Christina was responsive and helpful leading up to the wedding day. She coordinated with all of our outside vendors and we had very little to worry about. The food and service was excellent and the ballroom looked amazing. We added the tater tot station and orange crush bar which were big hits with our guests! After the reception all of our personal decor items were packed up and ready for us the next morning.
    Most of the negatives were due to the horrible weather conditions on our wedding day. It was July 21 and Annapolis received 5+ inches of rain and wind! We had a 30'x60' tent set up for the ceremony on the patio, but weather conditions were so bad we had to make the decision to pull the ceremony inside. Christina and her team made this transition several hours prior to the start time. The ceremony was held in a portion of the ballroom and it looked lovely but was a tight squeeze and very warm for our guests. This was not what we had envisioned for our ceremony when we chose this venue. We did use the covered outside patio and tent for the cocktail hour and extra reception space. The permanent awning on the patio leaked and there were many puddles to navigate, but the patio was usable. The limited parking at AWH also became an issue due to the weather. Many guests were turned away by the valets and had to find other parking locations. Generally this would be a minor inconvenience, but in our case we had guests who arrived soaked. The negative, unrelated to the weather, had to do with the hotel. We did not find the sales staff particularly helpful or responsive with questions and requests about our room block. The front desk staff at the hotel were very good.
    Despite the weather, we had a beautiful wedding at the AWH. Thank you to Christina and her team!

Sent on 08/22/2018
    Annapolis Waterfront Hotel 8
    Annapolis Waterfront Hotel 9

Valerie · Married on 05/19/2018

Sarah Lubawski and her team are the best. Make sure you ask for them.

Sent on 06/07/2018

Katie · Married on 05/05/2018

The wedding staff did an absolute magnificent job. Sarah and her crew couldn’t have set a more perfect day for us. Alvin and the bar staff were on top of their game the entire reception and there was never more than a 10 second wait for a beverage. Our guests were extremely pleased with the entire wedding, from the easy flow of events, to the set ambiance made perfect by Sarah’s team, and the entire staff with their respectfulness and attentiveness.

Sent on 06/05/2018

Linda · Married on 05/05/2018

I wanted to thank specifically Sarah Lubawski for her beyond spectacular job making My daughter's wedding a dream come true. The compliments were endless. Sarah and her team were efficient, courteous,helpful, and timely every step throughout the day. Sarah's patience and calmness were probably the greatest asset to a Bride and her Mother. It goes a long way on wedding day. She is definitely at the top of the list for an event planner. It's a stressful job and not for the weak of heart. The Waterfront Venue satisfied every whim on the list and most of all the rain stayed away which was making the bride a little edgy.
    The food was plentiful and delicious. The little pastries were an added treat. Our bartender Alvin was terrific . It was absolutely a beautiful day and so many made it possible. Thanks to all!

Sent on 05/12/2018

Annapolis Waterfront Hotel's reply:

Thank you so much Linda for taking the time to review our services! It was a true pleasure for myself and our staff to work with you and your family. I will be sure to let Alvin know that he was mentioned - he will be thrilled!

All my Best - Sarah

Ruth · Married on 04/28/2018

It was a perfect day and the event planning was so easy. Sarah and her staff were amazing. They made us feel so special. It is a beautiful facility. We had the outside patio, a covered patio and a banquet room. Something for everyone. All of the vendors and Sarah seemed to work together seamlessly. It was wonderful !

Sent on 05/15/2018

Caitlin · Married on 04/21/2018

Absolutely loved working with Sarah Lubawski, she was amazing. This was a destination wedding and she was so easy to work with on all the fine details. So happy I had the opportunity to work with her!

Sent on 06/15/2018

Kate · Married on 12/30/2017

Smooth and Relaxing Reception

I had the best time ever working with Sarah and the team at the Annapolis Waterfront Hotel. From the initial contact to the tasting to the event (and after), everyone communicated well with me and made sure all went as I would want! Sarah made it so I did not have to worry about anything during our big day, we knew she would make everything great and we could relax. The whole staff from the front desk to the wait staff to bar staff was so friendly and helped out when we needed and made sure we were well taken care of! I will recommend the Annapolis Waterfront Hotel to friends for future events!

Sent on 03/10/2019

Donna · Married on 11/25/2017

My daughter’s wedding was absolutely beautiful and elegant.
    Sarah Lubawski the wedding coordinator for the Annapolis waterfront was amazing. She went beyond and above our expectations .
    The cocktail hour was terrific, food was fantastic ,

Sent on 11/29/2017

Michelle · Married on 11/25/2017

I had such a wonderful experience having my wedding at AWH. Sarah L. went above and beyond to make sure things were perfect and the reception was memorable. She helped make sure everything flowed smoothly and that I didn't have to worry about anything and could enjoy my day.

Sent on 12/04/2017

Kim · Married on 10/28/2017

Our daughter’s wedding reception was perfect. From the first day that we started working with Sarah (our AWH coordinator) to plan the reception to the day of the event, everything went like clockwork. Sarah had it all under control, made great suggestions to guide us through the entire process and for the actual reception we only had to show up and enjoy! Sarah worked hard behind the scenes and had everything in place as planned.

Sent on 11/05/2017

Joanne · Married on 09/03/2017

AWH was a wonderful wedding spot. The location is incredible as are the views. The hotel made for a great place to have a "destination" wedding, and the staff was kind and professional. The hotel and Sarah (our on site coordinator) made us feel incredibly special throughout the process. We had compliments on the view and the food. You get a lot for your money and I loved having the outdoor and indoor space. I HIGHLY recommend this venue for anyone who wants a wedding on the water!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Joanna · Married on 09/02/2017

Melanie was amazing. I was never stressed because I knew that she had everything under control on the day of! This venue has an amazing view, huge deck and great ballroom that I was able to make into my own! The location is amazing- right in the middle of downtown Annapolis. And of course the crabcakes were to die for!!

Sent on 11/14/2017
    Annapolis Waterfront Hotel 10
    Annapolis Waterfront Hotel 11

sally · Married on 09/02/2017

Best venue in Annapolis to host a wedding! especially for out of town guests. Spectacular views and the downtown convenience is fabulous. Melanie Mapp was our amazing coordinator and handled everything very professionally, she really just made everything flow on the big day! Evan, the Banquet Manager was great too, always checking in to see if he could do anything else for us.
    Did not have to worry about a thing on the big day, so many special touches from this team!!

Sent on 11/15/2017
    Annapolis Waterfront Hotel 12

Elyse · Married on 06/24/2017

We just had our wedding at the Waterfront Hotel, and it was amazing! Our guests loved looking out over the water on the patio. Melanie, our wedding coordinator, was very responsive and was able to create my vision and decorate the reception space. The food was also very good! Our guest keep telling us about how good the food was.

When I knew I was getting married in Annapolis, I wanted a reception space on the water. The Annapolis Waterfront Hotel is perfect because it's on the water, but also still in downtown Annapolis so walking distance to bars after the reception.

Sent on 06/30/2017

Elisa · Married on 11/19/2016

PERFECTION. My sister and I had a DOUBLE WEDDING in October 2016- Hilary Peret did an above and beyond job coordinating the most magnificent event my sister and I could've imagined! From the venue to the food and service- we truly could not have asked for a better day. We had an initial walk through of the venue (although we were already somewhat familiar as we both had our proms at this location when it was known as the Marriot :) ), we did a tasting, and a pre wedding meeting the Wednesday prior to our event. Hilary was available through email and phone for any other questions we had and did an amazing job making sure our day went perfectly - and it truly did. We decided to rent a tent to allow for more outdoor space for our guests - we had about 300 people. We also did stations and had seating for about 200 at the suggestion of Hilary- full disclosure, we were initially weary of this set up idea compared to the standard sit down dinner weddings we were familiar with but it turned out AMAZING- made the day so much more fun (waiting for a sit down dinner is at times tiresome). The AWF provided firepits & some seatingoutside of the glass enclosure and we were able to rent heaters, if necessary, for the extended area overlooking the water. We lucked out on weather the day of our wedding but the outdoor space with the firepits was MAGICAL and I would strongly recommend getting the heaters for slightly colder weather if you are able, the view is just breath taking. The service staff was amazing and so on top of things - and they made sure we all ate, which can be tricky when literally hundreds of people are trying to talk to you :) I really could go on and on, our day was absolutely perfect - everything we wanted and more. Also, Hilary made sure we had wedding cake and pasta in our room when we returned for the night which was such a thoughtful touch that made the whole experience 12/10, would absolutely recommend, for us :) Thank you, AWF, Hilary, and the whole team!!

Sent on 02/07/2017