52 Reviews for Anna Zajac Weddings

Liability Insurance (3)
Albums (2)
Prints (2)
52 Anna Zajac Weddings Reviews

If you want to get a feel for how Anna works with her clients in two words, take it from my mom who said, after seeing my wedding photos: "She listens."

Anna paid attention to our style, what we said (and what we didn't say) about what we were looking for, and she was reassuring and flexible throughout the whole process. Anna delivered photos that captured the joy, humor, and spontaneous moments that made our day so special. In addition to being a wonderful document of our wedding night, Anna's photos are also beautiful, well-crafted and interesting. She has an eye that is both journalistic (she didn't miss any parts of the ceremony, cake cutting and toasts) but also quiet and intimate. It was so nice to see the tables with all their flowers and settings, a really cool image of my friends in an almost choreographed double mirror mid-gesture and an over the shoulder photo of my mother's toast script before she took the mic. She doesn't miss the moments! Also, as a bonus, she and Matt were a delight to have at the wedding! Thanks, Anna. We are all very happy to relive our day through your images.

Profile Picture Sophie, 12/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Anna is THE BEST! She is one of the first vendors we booked for our wedding and we couldn’t be happier with our decision. We worked with Anna to shoot our forever session (engagement photos) and our wedding day on 12/9/17. Throughout the whole process she was collaborative, energetic and SO fun to work with. When she’s behind the camera she has a way of making you feel comfortable, at ease and in the moment. This definitely showed up in our photos as everyone was clearly having a blast! She also did a great job of encouraging my wife and I to take some time to ourselves during the cocktail hour to catch our breath and take it all in. The photos of those ‘time out’ moments are some of my favorites from the entire day. Beyond doing an amazing job of perfectly capturing our day, she was also incredibly patient during the portions of the day that could have been stressful. Coordinating and capturing our family photos before the ceremony went off without a hitch and that is no easy task. We can’t recommend Anna enough, just book her already! :)

Photo
Profile Picture Mark, 12/9/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

I found Anna through our wedding venues website. Once I saw her work I was so in love that I didn't look any further! We could not be happier with our engagement photos. Her work is top notch and she is amazing to work with. It is obvious that she enjoys her work and really is a true artist. We can't wait for her to shoot our wedding! Thank you Anna!

Profile Picture Paige, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I could not believe how lucky we were to find Anna - upon our first video chat, she immediately felt like a long-time friend. We showed her our venue and she was excited and bouncing around ideas with us. Throughout our pre-wedding experience, Anna was responsive, creative, and just plain fun. On the wedding day, Anna was on our side, always focusing on making sure we were on time and doing everything that needed to be done AND she was a blast to work with. All of our guests loved her! She made jokes, sang little songs, did dances with us... just the most positive and upbeat vendor. She was efficient but kept it fun while also getting through the photos that we wanted. We just got our photos and they look like they are from a dream - I could not be happier with them. It makes sense though, as Anna is a dream to work with!

Profile Picture Annie, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

Anna was simply wonderful! From our first meeting until our last correspondence she was kind, prompt, organized, and thoughtful. Her images are natural, honest, and truly beautiful. She was such a natural part of our wedding day and managed to cover a ton of ground and capture more moments than I could imagine from one person. She got all of the shots we asked for (and plenty more) and was incredibly calm and flexible as things changed throughout the day. I will forever be grateful to have my wonderful memories captured in such a stunning way through Anna's photography.

Profile Picture Emily, 9/16/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

If you are looking for beautiful, artistic photos that are an authentic representation of you and your partner, look no further than Anna! From our initial emails with her, to our first meeting, all the way through our forever session, Anna was nothing but professional, fun, easy to get along with and dang good at her craft! We felt at ease and had a lot of fun during our shoot with Anna, and she was incredibly accomodating and helpful with chosing locations. We just got our photos back (incredibly timely, I'll add), and they are more than we could have asked for! We're both so glad we get to look forward to having Anna photograph our wedding, too!

Profile Picture Emma, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Anna took our engagement photos. We would absolutely recommend her especially to anyone in Chicago. She is full of great ideas for locations, and works with you to capture your vision in a beautiful way. She is also full of fun energy and definitely helped us to not feel awkward during the shoot.

Profile Picture Dave, 9/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

In a wedding full of vendors to find and hard decisions to be made, choosing Anna as our photographer may have ended up being the best decision we made.

Anna truly has everything we were looking for in a photographer for our big day. In terms of personality, she is a true joy to be around. She has a calming presence that really reels people in, even if they haven’t met her before. For me (the groom), it was incredibly important to know that the person taking photos of my soon-to-be wife as she was getting ready that morning was someone she would feel nothing but comfort around, and I knew that would be the case as soon as we met with Anna. She is fun, charismatic, outgoing, adventurous, and unbelievably joyful- exactly the kind of person you want both in the small intimate moments, as well as when the party is getting started.

In terms of talent, we were drawn to her work immediately. The big thing we were looking for in a photographer was someone who would be able to capture the small moments that we would potentially miss or graze over the mix of everything going on; the real moments between people, especially the subtle ones, where a tangible emotion is felt. We could tell through looking through Anna’s catalog that this was her specialty, and she really delivered for us. She captured everything we wanted, and more. Looking back at the photos, we are convinced she hired a second or third shooter without telling us- she was able to get so many angles and different peoples’ expressions at seemingly the exact same moment. The photos are stunning-elegant, simple, artistic, and real.

We could go on and on about how happy we are with our choice, and how lucky we feel that we will get to live with Anna’s work forever.

Photo
Profile Picture Alec Stern, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

One of the best pieces of wedding planning advice we got was to pick one or two elements, prioritize them, and let that guide the rest of the decisions. We picked photography (Because how often does a family this complicated get together? Got to document it! Family keepsakes!), and Anna was our first choice just on her visual style. Once we met her for our Engagement photos we also realized that she gets the best out of extremely awkward subjects, and catches small intimate flashes that you don’t always get to see in professional photography. We consider ourselves lucky to have booked her and are so happy with all of the photos (Engagement, Rehearsal, and Wedding Day). We didn’t notice her at the ceremony, except when she was expertly corralling the massive families, but apparently she was everywhere. We’re thrilled with the photos of us and our loved ones, and look forward to looking back at them in 50 years. Thank you, Anna, we hope you’re available for Anniversaries!

Profile Picture Gabe, 7/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Anna is a dream to work with. She's incredible creative, provided a variety of shots, and made us feel at ease. I would Highly recommend her positive spirit. She's an incredible photographer and that word doesn't even do her justice!

Profile Picture Bretta, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Choosing to work with Anna was the easiest and best decision my husband and I made while wedding planning. We have had the absolute blessing of working with Anna on three occasions: a forever session shortly after our engagement, a "family session" when we adopted our puppy, and our wedding. Throughout these experiences, we truly got to know Anna. She made us feel completely comfortable sharing in such intimate moments. The images she captures are as sincere as her sweet soul. Anna was incredibly thorough and responsive and took such careful attention to detail. We are so thankful!!

Profile Picture Meghan, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Anna is just incredible. She is second to none! Her enthusiasm, kindness and joy is contagious. She is an excellent communicator and tells you exactly what you can expect during your photos session. She makes you feel so comfortable in front of her camera which yields to the most amazing photos of yourself! We can not recommend her enough. We love you Anna!!!

Profile Picture Aimée, 5/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Anna took our engagement photos for us, and we were so impressed that we've asked her to shoot our wedding, as well. Anna was very thoughtful with everything from the location, to the poses, to helping us decide what color clothing would photograph best. She went the extra mile to make sure we felt comfortable, and the results speak for themselves - we couldn't be happier. Anna is very professional, very skilled, and highly recommended.

Profile Picture Will, 5/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Anna is amazing: we can't recommend her highly enough! Not only did she deliver beautiful images, but she was truly a joy to be around, getting to know us so we felt completely comfortable around her for our photos. She worked with our schedule and was professional, yet fun. She went above and beyond with her work: you can tell she loves what she does!

Profile Picture Elyse, 4/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I am the mother of the groom and have to say that Anna was amazing! She was just wonderful the day of the wedding - so kind, friendly and lovely and yet capturing every important moment - moments we didn't even realize were important until we say them in pictures. The pictures are stunning - and I am someone who is pretty picky. Anna and her photography rock!

Profile Picture Heather, 4/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We feel so lucky and fortunate to have found Anna and have her take photos for our engagement session and also for our wedding! The beauty of her work speaks for itself. She has such a unique perspective and love for love :) My fiancé and I aren't the most photogenic/ comfortable people in from of the camera and we were apprehensive going into our engagement session. Not five minutes into the session Anna put us as ease and made us giggle and relax into being ourselves. There aren't too many people that love what they do and Anna's love for wedding photography radiates through her photos.

Profile Picture Heather, 3/24/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Anna is just such a joy to work with. You want to be careful with who you choose to have around you on your special day, and Anna just made it magical. Plus she takes damn good photos!

Profile Picture Lucy, 1/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Honestly, I cant say enough about how much I enjoyed working with Anna. It such a stressful thing planning a wedding and she is so organized and professional that she takes all the worry out. She asks you whats important to you, what do you want to see in these pictures, what do you want the pictures to feel like, who is most important. It makes it easy to break down. This is my first time planning something this big and she made it easier. I was so anxious on the day and she just calm and a breath of fresh air. My husband is very quiet and Im very outgoing and she helped both of us meet in the middle and take great pictures. And bonus, just wait if you hire her you will know she got the shot when she does the Anna happy dance. How could not love that!?

Profile Picture Tracy, 11/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations

I can say that Anna exceeded my expectations whole-heartedly. I'm sure her portfolio and experience will give you an idea of her amazing photography talents, but let me take a moment to touch on the other qualities that Anna brings to the table.

In the stressful wedding planning environment, Anna was consistently our favorite vendor to talk and meet with. She was always on quick with her responses, gave great advice, and listened to our needs from the start; we always felt on the same page. For our wedding, we required a second shooter, and I can say that her and her colleague were the epitome of consumate professionals... and that's not me just saying that because her photography was awesome, everyone at the wedding was very complimentary and enjoyed Anna presence.

I can, without hesitation, recommend Anna Zajac photography for your event. She is without a doubt awesome, and as far as we're concerned, she's the only photographer in the Chicagoland area. You will quickly find you made the right decision- wedding's are stressful enough, let her handle this, its worth it!

Profile Picture Adam, 11/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Anna is beyond easy to work with. As someone who is normally anxious and awkward having my photo taken, I did not feel any of this with Anna. She made us feel extremely comfortable and relaxed; she knows just what to say to put you at ease and get the best results–and you can tell in our final pictures. She edited and returned the final pictures to us really fast. It's evident she really cares about her clients and delivers quality work. It's always nice to have someone so passionate, hardworking and joyful at their job. I can't recommend her enough. (THANKS ANNA!)

Profile Picture Patricia, 10/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Anna was so warm, friendly, and accommodating throughout the evening. She took the initiative when we needed some organizing for family and group photos, and the rest of the evening you barely knew she was there, yet we received hundreds of wonderful photos. Her candid photos are especially great!

Profile Picture User7308396, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I am a perfectionist at heart and really had a hard time finding a photographer, especially because I was looking for a photographer that had a creative edge and eye for good angles. I wanted my pictures to be fun, colorful, emotional, candid, creative, and pull you in. When making my decision, these were all qualities I was looking for. I wanted my pictures to be creative, and memorable. The first time I looked at Anna’s Website, I said to myself, there is something different about her. She was a contender at first glance! As I continued to explore her website and portfolio, I was drawn to her style and how real her pictures were. They were very raw and really told a story. Each and every picture on her website really captured the essence of the people in them.
This was EXACTLY what I wanted in my pictures, and Anna did just that! Now, after seeing my pictures, I won’t use any photographer for personal pictures but her.
Not only is she an artistic and photographic genius, but she is so easy to talk to. Pictures can be intimidating, not knowing what to do, where to stand, where to look, where to put your hands? The list goes on and on… but Anna talked us through everything. She showed us how to walk, where to place our hands and we had so much fun with it!
I had my hair cut and colored the day before our Forever Session and my makeup trial the morning of our Forever Session, (very bad idea folks.. very bad). I called Anna about an hour before our session and ended up breaking down. She was so positive and uplifting, and honestly talked me off the ledge that day! I can’t thank her enough for the story she told of our special day. Our pictures are everything I wanted and more!
THANK YOU!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 8/27/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Digital Files

Anna Zajac’s work is natural, fun, and heartfelt--just what we were looking for. She is an exemplary wedding photographer in terms of her technique, professionalism, and cheery, can-do attitude.

We received our beautiful photos a few weeks ago. Anna did a wonderful job letting everyone's personalities shine through; both the candid and the posed shots came out really well. My wife was worried about the immediate family photos because her parents are divorced, but Anna handled the situation calmly and didn’t act like anything was wrong or unusual, which kept things from feeling too tense. As my wife put it, "may all estranged and divorced families have Anna as their photographer."

We were also hugely impressed at how she handled the language barrier with those in our family who don't speak English. There were a lot of people to wrangle but she expertly directed the traffic and was so efficient that we had time to go mingle during the cocktail hour. All our relatives thought that she was extremely friendly and easy to work with, and she’s so genuinely happy to be part of your day it's contagious. She was definitely one of the vendors that we felt was part of our "team." Considering the quality of the photos and her level of service (many emails exchanged, and several phone sessions, too, over the course of 10 months), she was one of the best vendor decisions we made.

BONUS TIP: We’d definitely recommend getting your engagement shoot with Anna, too, so you can get a sense of what it's like working together when it's just the three of you. At first we felt a bit awkward about having a professional shoot, but she's very thoughtful about how you can most feel comfortable. She advised that we go to a park instead of our original idea (a busy neighborhood square) because we’d get a lot of people looking on. Smart! (She was also flexible and patient when it threatened to rain on wedding day and we agonized over whether to try for our outdoor photo location!)

Profile Picture User7139601, 1+ year ago, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files

Anna photographed my wedding from first look to well into the evening and did a great job! Of course, because it was my wedding day I was a bit overwhelmed before we did the first look but with Anna's positive attitude and energy I soon started to feel at ease. Having photos taken doesn't come naturally for most of us but somehow with Anna's magic our photos look very natural and relaxed - not one of them seems too posed or awkward. The last thing I will brag about Anna for is that she got our wedding photos to us 30 days after the wedding during peak wedding season - way more timely than I was expecting. Thank you for everything, Anna!!

Profile Picture Jenna, 7/30/16, 3 Reviews