Anna Zajac Weddings Reviews

Anna Zajac Weddings 6
Anna Zajac Weddings 7
  • Mandy

Mandy Lancia · Married on 09/08/2019

An absolute gem of a human

Anna is not only an incredible photographer, but a kind, wonderful human being. Anna captured our engagement photos (and will be shooting our wedding) and I can't imagine working with anyone better.

Yes, her work is beyond BEAUTIFUL, but the true joy to working with Anna is the process. She is the nicest, most loving, genuinely excited person which makes every shoot magical.

Anna made us feel so comfortable and cared for that it's no surprise that her photos are my favorite. Promise you'll love working with her too!

Sent on 08/16/2019

Alexandra Drake · Married on 08/15/2019

One of my favorite humans!

I don't even know where to begin with Anna! My husband and I had a bad experience with our engagement photographer so we we're really feeling very disheartened by the whole process. When we met Anna in NYC for a casual dinner we immediately knew this was our girl! I truly don't know how to describe how she works - she made us feel comfortable in front of the camera within minutes and had the best 'go with the flow' attitude. We decided to have an engagement shoot with her & it pretty much dissolved any stress I had about photos on our wedding day. She completely captured our very non traditional attitudes in the most beautiful way. Anna was someone I hired to make our day memorable but at the end of the day I am so happy to call her my friend. She's since been a part of multiple friends weddings - which means I've gotten to see her quite a bit since our wedding! And more great photos to boot! We love Anna & cannot recommend her enough. Hire her. Love her. Befriend her. You won't regret it.

Sent on 08/15/2019
  • Claire

Claire e Seizovic · Married on 07/05/2019

A total dream to work with!!

Anna is one-of-a-kind and a total dream to work with!! She was the first vendor we hired for our wedding this past summer, and we can't say enough good things about her work (it's stunning!), professionalism, and overall positive outlook on what can normally be a crazy busy day!

Most importantly, she's such a sweet, thoughtful, and easy-going person, and we felt so comfortable working with her from the very beginning. We felt so confident and relaxed on our wedding day because Anna made us feel at ease, and also was so incredible at coordinating with all of our other vendors. We couldn't be more thrilled to have worked with Anna, and recommend her to everyone we know!!

Sent on 08/20/2019

Joe Lessard · Married on 04/05/2019

Fantastic! We cannot recommend highly enough!

Anna Zajac is pure energy. We absolutely loved working with her for our wedding in May 2019. We knew from our very first phone call with her that we wanted her to shoot our wedding. She is so kind and full of love. From just that one phone call we felt that we could trust her to capture our vibe with her camera. In the planning of our wedding, she had great recommendations on where to do our first look, where to take photos before the ceremony, and how to structure some of our time to get through family photos as quickly as possible so that we could spend as much time as possible with our guests.

On the day of our wedding, Anna brought such good vibes to our day, all of our wedding party loved working with her. She gave us just the right direction and managed to wrangle a wedding party of 20+ people. She had great ideas in the moment and found the cutest places around our venue to take shots before the ceremony, really giving me and my wife the chance to enjoy our day while she captured our time together.

We absolutely love the photos she has taken for us. She’s a real artist.

Sent on 05/20/2019

Grace · Married on 10/19/2018

Great eye and lovely person!

Anna is an incredible photographer who really understands color and light. She managed to capture my fiance and I's personality so well in our engagement photos and wedding photos! She is also a sweet, calming presence who is a pleasure to be around on the big day. Guests at the wedding commented how nice she was and how she was smiling the whole night.

Sent on 01/05/2019
  • Aimée

Aimée Mendez · Married on 10/13/2018

Where do I even begin?

Anna flew to the Amalfi coast to capture my husband and I for our one year wedding anniversary. What we loved about Anna right away was her positive attitude and how she was up for anything. She made us feel at ease and comfortable in our own skin ( which can be hard when you are in front of a camera). She’s a champion of love which is one of my favorite things about her. It was so easy to be ourselves around Anna.

The next year, my husband and I had the absolute pleasure of working with Anna AGAIN for an anniversary session in New York City. No one is better than Anna. Truly! She has such a gift and vibrancy when she’s photographing. Our photos were such a reflection of us in a beautiful and artistic way. She is incredibly kind, thoughtful, responsible and professional. She went above and beyond to make us feel special and cared for. She took the time to get to know us and our story.

We wholeheartedly recommend you hire Anna for your special day or occasion. You will blown away. Thank you for being amazing, Anna!

Sent on 08/15/2019
  • Marina

Marina Shifrin · Married on 09/07/2018

Anna Is A Dream

Anna was probably one of the best parts of our wedding planning experience. We live in Los Angeles and got married in Chicago, yet Anna was still able to set up an IN PERSON meeting in LA. Oh and also, the first time we met her was days after she, herself, got engaged. Anna could've easily rescheduled to spend more time celebrating but she kept her commitment to us which speaks to her professionalism. Ultimately, the reason we went with Anna above other photographers was her creative eye. We didn't want traditional wedding photos (i.e. basically anything staged/posed) and Anna totally delivered. The photos were, simply put: real. They feel alive, in motion, and candid. Sure, we got the posed family photos for grandparents/parents but Anna was able to take our large, unwieldily families, and quickly snap incredible group shots. Anna was kind, organized, and a breath of fresh air. Her calming presence was much needed on such an insanely emotional day. Anna even arrived 45 minutes early to get some detail shots that I didn't know I wanted. She also was able to improvise on the spot when ran into basically all of our friends getting drinks next door. Those unexpected photos are my favorite. In short: GO WITH ANNA.

Sent on 08/19/2019

Lydia Lo · Married on 09/01/2018

we love anna and matt!

We chose Anna because of the joy that radiated through all of the photos that she had taken of other clients. And it's easy to see why - she was so relaxed and laid back on our special day and had such a great attitude about everything. Our family and friends who got to interact with her loved her also. Seeing the chemistry between her and her sweet husband Matt was also great, and we had so much fun working with them both. Thank you for everything!

Sent on 10/25/2018

Annette · Married on 05/26/2018

Anna Zajac is perfection. She was the first wedding vendor that we booked after we locked in our venue, and came highly recommended. We could not be more thrilled with her -- she's such a sweet, thoughtful soul and shoots amazing wedding photos. We fell in love with her casual and honest photo style -- she captured the mood of our day perfectly and provided impeccable guidance to us throughout the day. From advising on how to stage our first look to giving tips on the flow of the day, Anna was such an integral and important part of our wedding. <3!!

Sent on 08/03/2018
    Anna Zajac Weddings 8
    Anna Zajac Weddings 9
    Anna Zajac Weddings 10
    Anna Zajac Weddings 11
    Anna Zajac Weddings 12

Samantha P · Married on 05/12/2018

Amazing photographer and wonderful person!

Anna was recommended to us by friends and she exceeded our expectations in every way! We met over a drink in our neighborhood to talk through her process and costs. After meeting with her, we knew she was the perfect fit for us! Besides being an incredibly talented photographer she is so kind and has amazing energy. My husband and I were nervous about the engagement shoot and she made us feel comfortable. She was creative and offered helpful suggestions. On our wedding day, we felt confident that she would capture our day beautifully. She had great recommendations of where to take photos and guided us throughout the day. We will forever cherish the lovely photos she took! Thank you Anna!

Sent on 08/19/2019

Jennifer · Married on 05/06/2018

beautiful photos and beautiful person

In looking for a wedding photographer, we came across Anna and loved that her photos were natural and beautiful. We were easily in agreement that we wanted her to photograph our wedding. My husband works in a creative field where he takes/edits/reviews photos as part of his profession as well as for hobby, so his endorsement is meaningful. We even took her availability into consideration when picking our wedding date. Meeting with Anna only confirmed that she was the right choice. We immediately felt comfortable and at ease with her. Her work is beautiful and she quickly caught on to our vision for our wedding.

On the day of our wedding, Anna was a delight. We walked around the West Loop and Garfield Park Conservatory with her taking photos before the wedding. We had so much fun and that is one of my favorite memories of that day. Now, I am not a very photogenic person, and I am not relaxed in front of a camera, but Anna made me feel comfortable and at ease in a way that made for beautiful photos. She gave just enough instruction when needed but it never felt forced or unnatural. Anna was great working with our families (including all the kids) and getting photos taken efficiently. We had a small wedding of just 40 people and even in that intimate group, she never felt like an intrusion or distraction. She shot the wedding and dinner/reception and just blended right in. In fact, our friends and family commented to us on how she felt like just another friend and guest at the wedding. She truly is that presence. And who doesn't want that in their wedding photographer?

Anna also really cares about helping you focus on what's important on your wedding day - and that's each other and enjoying it all. She makes sure you take the time to remember that. And that in itself makes for great photos and memories.

Our photos are true to life and beautiful and she got them to us so quickly. We had a handful as a preview within a few days while still on our honeymoon and the full gallery not log after we got home.

She's great. You won't regret hiring her. Her work in beautiful as is her spirit. We can't wait to work with Anna again!

Sent on 02/07/2019
    Anna Zajac Weddings 13
    Anna Zajac Weddings 14
    Anna Zajac Weddings 15
    Anna Zajac Weddings 16
    Anna Zajac Weddings 17

Ericka · Married on 05/05/2018

I found Anna through our wedding venue website. I contacted her right away, and she responded promptly with answers to questions, pricing options, etc. My fiance and I were pretty set on her, but then we met in person, and it was just the reassurance we needed that she was the right fit for us.

We could not have been in better hands - from her positive attitude and willingness to be flexible and patient with our large bridal party, to her creative eye and her ability to make even the simplest photos so beautiful, we really could not have imagined anyone else shooting our wedding day. Even better, her husband Matt is just as amazing as she is, and was a huge help on our wedding day! He helped to organize, keep everyone on schedule, and served as a second shooter - he was so great!

We have not even gotten the wedding photos back yet, but the experience of having Anna and Matt there with us on our wedding day was invaluable. We'll have our engagement and wedding photos for a lifetime, and I feel like we'll cherish the photos forever - they give us all the feels and take us back to the special moments that mean so much every time we look at them.

Thanks you Anna + Matt! For being you and for making love beautiful in all of your photos!

Ericka + Tim

Anna Zajac Weddings 23
    Anna Zajac Weddings 24
    Anna Zajac Weddings 25

Sophie · Married on 12/30/2017

If you want to get a feel for how Anna works with her clients in two words, take it from my mom who said, after seeing my wedding photos: "She listens."

Anna paid attention to our style, what we said (and what we didn't say) about what we were looking for, and she was reassuring and flexible throughout the whole process. Anna delivered photos that captured the joy, humor, and spontaneous moments that made our day so special. In addition to being a wonderful document of our wedding night, Anna's photos are also beautiful, well-crafted and interesting. She has an eye that is both journalistic (she didn't miss any parts of the ceremony, cake cutting and toasts) but also quiet and intimate. It was so nice to see the tables with all their flowers and settings, a really cool image of my friends in an almost choreographed double mirror mid-gesture and an over the shoulder photo of my mother's toast script before she took the mic. She doesn't miss the moments! Also, as a bonus, she and Matt were a delight to have at the wedding! Thanks, Anna. We are all very happy to relive our day through your images.

Sent on 02/18/2018
    Anna Zajac Weddings 26
    Anna Zajac Weddings 27
    Anna Zajac Weddings 28
  • Mark

Mark · Married on 12/09/2017

Anna is THE BEST! She is one of the first vendors we booked for our wedding and we couldn’t be happier with our decision. We worked with Anna to shoot our forever session (engagement photos) and our wedding day on 12/9/17. Throughout the whole process she was collaborative, energetic and SO fun to work with. When she’s behind the camera she has a way of making you feel comfortable, at ease and in the moment. This definitely showed up in our photos as everyone was clearly having a blast! She also did a great job of encouraging my wife and I to take some time to ourselves during the cocktail hour to catch our breath and take it all in. The photos of those ‘time out’ moments are some of my favorites from the entire day. Beyond doing an amazing job of perfectly capturing our day, she was also incredibly patient during the portions of the day that could have been stressful. Coordinating and capturing our family photos before the ceremony went off without a hitch and that is no easy task. We can’t recommend Anna enough, just book her already! :)

Sent on 02/11/2018
    Anna Zajac Weddings 33
    Anna Zajac Weddings 34
    Anna Zajac Weddings 35

Paige · Married on 10/21/2017

I found Anna through our wedding venues website. Once I saw her work I was so in love that I didn't look any further! We could not be happier with our engagement photos. Her work is top notch and she is amazing to work with. It is obvious that she enjoys her work and really is a true artist. We can't wait for her to shoot our wedding! Thank you Anna!

Sent on 12/23/2016

Annie · Married on 09/23/2017

I could not believe how lucky we were to find Anna - upon our first video chat, she immediately felt like a long-time friend. We showed her our venue and she was excited and bouncing around ideas with us. Throughout our pre-wedding experience, Anna was responsive, creative, and just plain fun. On the wedding day, Anna was on our side, always focusing on making sure we were on time and doing everything that needed to be done AND she was a blast to work with. All of our guests loved her! She made jokes, sang little songs, did dances with us... just the most positive and upbeat vendor. She was efficient but kept it fun while also getting through the photos that we wanted. We just got our photos and they look like they are from a dream - I could not be happier with them. It makes sense though, as Anna is a dream to work with!

Sent on 11/22/2017
    Anna Zajac Weddings 36
    Anna Zajac Weddings 37
    Anna Zajac Weddings 38
    Anna Zajac Weddings 39
    Anna Zajac Weddings 40

Emily · Married on 09/16/2017

Anna was simply wonderful! From our first meeting until our last correspondence she was kind, prompt, organized, and thoughtful. Her images are natural, honest, and truly beautiful. She was such a natural part of our wedding day and managed to cover a ton of ground and capture more moments than I could imagine from one person. She got all of the shots we asked for (and plenty more) and was incredibly calm and flexible as things changed throughout the day. I will forever be grateful to have my wonderful memories captured in such a stunning way through Anna's photography.

Sent on 11/18/2017

Emma · Married on 09/09/2017

If you are looking for beautiful, artistic photos that are an authentic representation of you and your partner, look no further than Anna! From our initial emails with her, to our first meeting, all the way through our forever session, Anna was nothing but professional, fun, easy to get along with and dang good at her craft! We felt at ease and had a lot of fun during our shoot with Anna, and she was incredibly accomodating and helpful with chosing locations. We just got our photos back (incredibly timely, I'll add), and they are more than we could have asked for! We're both so glad we get to look forward to having Anna photograph our wedding, too!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Dave · Married on 09/01/2017

Anna took our engagement photos. We would absolutely recommend her especially to anyone in Chicago. She is full of great ideas for locations, and works with you to capture your vision in a beautiful way. She is also full of fun energy and definitely helped us to not feel awkward during the shoot.

Sent on 12/22/2016

Alec Stern · Married on 08/05/2017

In a wedding full of vendors to find and hard decisions to be made, choosing Anna as our photographer may have ended up being the best decision we made.

Anna truly has everything we were looking for in a photographer for our big day. In terms of personality, she is a true joy to be around. She has a calming presence that really reels people in, even if they haven’t met her before. For me (the groom), it was incredibly important to know that the person taking photos of my soon-to-be wife as she was getting ready that morning was someone she would feel nothing but comfort around, and I knew that would be the case as soon as we met with Anna. She is fun, charismatic, outgoing, adventurous, and unbelievably joyful- exactly the kind of person you want both in the small intimate moments, as well as when the party is getting started.

In terms of talent, we were drawn to her work immediately. The big thing we were looking for in a photographer was someone who would be able to capture the small moments that we would potentially miss or graze over the mix of everything going on; the real moments between people, especially the subtle ones, where a tangible emotion is felt. We could tell through looking through Anna’s catalog that this was her specialty, and she really delivered for us. She captured everything we wanted, and more. Looking back at the photos, we are convinced she hired a second or third shooter without telling us- she was able to get so many angles and different peoples’ expressions at seemingly the exact same moment. The photos are stunning-elegant, simple, artistic, and real.

We could go on and on about how happy we are with our choice, and how lucky we feel that we will get to live with Anna’s work forever.

Sent on 10/09/2017
    Anna Zajac Weddings 47
  • Anna

Anna · Married on 07/14/2017

Good vibes only!!

I am a Wedding Planner that had the pleasure of working with Anna at a wedding for a mutual client. She was PHENOMENAL! She was incredibly responsive during the planning process & on the wedding day was just a genuine joy to be around. Her inner light, self love & the love she has for life shone so bright the entire day.

I just received the gallery from the wedding & unsurprisingly, the photos are as stunning as her personality.

As a planner, I work with a lot of photographers & Anna is absolutely among the best.

You cannot go wrong with partnering with her for your wedding.

Anna, thanks for being you.

Sent on 07/11/2019

Gabe · Married on 07/01/2017

One of the best pieces of wedding planning advice we got was to pick one or two elements, prioritize them, and let that guide the rest of the decisions. We picked photography (Because how often does a family this complicated get together? Got to document it! Family keepsakes!), and Anna was our first choice just on her visual style. Once we met her for our Engagement photos we also realized that she gets the best out of extremely awkward subjects, and catches small intimate flashes that you don’t always get to see in professional photography. We consider ourselves lucky to have booked her and are so happy with all of the photos (Engagement, Rehearsal, and Wedding Day). We didn’t notice her at the ceremony, except when she was expertly corralling the massive families, but apparently she was everywhere. We’re thrilled with the photos of us and our loved ones, and look forward to looking back at them in 50 years. Thank you, Anna, we hope you’re available for Anniversaries!

Sent on 09/24/2017

Bretta · Married on 06/10/2017

Anna is a dream to work with. She's incredible creative, provided a variety of shots, and made us feel at ease. I would Highly recommend her positive spirit. She's an incredible photographer and that word doesn't even do her justice!

Sent on 08/04/2017

Meghan · Married on 06/03/2017

Choosing to work with Anna was the easiest and best decision my husband and I made while wedding planning. We have had the absolute blessing of working with Anna on three occasions: a forever session shortly after our engagement, a "family session" when we adopted our puppy, and our wedding. Throughout these experiences, we truly got to know Anna. She made us feel completely comfortable sharing in such intimate moments. The images she captures are as sincere as her sweet soul. Anna was incredibly thorough and responsive and took such careful attention to detail. We are so thankful!!

Sent on 06/25/2017

Aimée · Married on 05/10/2017

Anna is just incredible. She is second to none! Her enthusiasm, kindness and joy is contagious. She is an excellent communicator and tells you exactly what you can expect during your photos session. She makes you feel so comfortable in front of her camera which yields to the most amazing photos of yourself! We can not recommend her enough. We love you Anna!!!

Sent on 06/14/2017