Anna Marks Photography Reviews

Anna Marks Photography 7
  • Katherine

Katherine Flynn · Married on 06/01/2019

We love Anna!

My husband and I sat down to write our wedding vendor reviews and were just speechless when it came to describing what Anna has meant to us during this entire wedding season. Simply said, she is magical. Not only do we consider her our friend, but she is also a personal hypewoman, calming presence, and incredibly talented photographer.

Her unique ability to capture a balance between nature and her couples is unparalleled. There are several photos where the ocean or redwood trees seem to be the star, until you look at us and notice that she simultaneously captured a secret moment between us. To be honest, we were so nervous for our engagement photos (and thought we would be awkward), but Anna made the entire process fun, comfortable, and a total adventure. She completely understood us as a couple, and was always looking for an adventure to bring us on, thus making her shoots comfortable, fun, and unique.

On our wedding day, I actually cried when she showed up to the venue, because I was so excited to see her and knew that as our friend, she would be able to comfort us during our first look and photos. All of our guests also fell in love with her personality immediately. She was there with a hair clip, applied bandaids to my blisters, laughed/smiled with us, and was always somehow sneakily there when I turned around. Our guests (even those outside of the bridal party) commented on how amazing our photographer was at being present and in the moments with all of us. She is the best investment in your forever memories that you can make. We are sad for many reasons that our wedding is over, and one of them is that our time with her (until our next life event) has finished!

Sent on 07/18/2019

Tristan · Married on 07/14/2018

We took our engagement photos with Anna, and couldn't be happier with the results. Not only do the pictures look stunning, Anna made the whole process easy and far more fun than we thought it would be. She was incredibly flexible to our schedule and the unpredictable weather, and got us our photos right on time. If I could give 6 stars, I would - she's the best!

Sent on 12/04/2017
  • F

Fabiana · Married on 07/07/2018

Anna is a gem! From our engagement session to the big day, she was an absolutely pleasure to work with. Her engaging personality makes first time photo subjects put at ease. I still remember having to pose for our engagement session on one of the coldest and windy days in San Francisco, yet, as passers by commented that we made it look like we were not cold at all as I was covered in goose bumps, we knew that was all because of Anna. As she is snapping away, her ability to coach and encourage you and make you smile naturally in the most unnatural of settings, always seizes to amaze me. It’s not easy to have the camera stuck on you like glue, but with Anna’s creative games and comments, you quickly forget the camera is there and immediately relax. Most brides and grooms leave their cell phones behind on the big day, so you are left crossing your fingers and hoping others capture the memories for you. With Anna, there is no need to worry. Every time we would have normally pulled out our phones for a shot, she was right there ready as if she had a crystal ball. She has a great eye and the end results of her work are absolutely stunning. The details, expressions, and settings that Anna manages to capture so impeccably are breathtaking. Our wedding party is still talking about Anna and how they loved working with her. She is the best!

Sent on 07/15/2018

Bridgette · Married on 06/09/2018

Anna is the BEST. Besides the fact that her photos are amazing and beautiful, she is so fun and easy to work with. She fit into the day seamlessly and made picture-taking so much fun (and not awkward AT ALL). I couldn't recommend her highly enough - we are so happy with our choice to use her and her team!!

Sent on 06/30/2018
    Anna Marks Photography 12
    Anna Marks Photography 13
    Anna Marks Photography 14

Debbie · Married on 10/15/2017

Anna is a fabulous photographer. We absolutely loved the engagement and wedding photos she produced for us. She is extremely talented, super nice, and very easy to work with. Anna made us and all of our guests feel super comfortable while taking photos. She was also very helpful and accommodating when we had to change our venue last minute due to the Sonoma fires.

Sent on 10/27/2017

Jessica · Married on 08/11/2017

We LOVED Anna! I cannot express how delightful it was working with her and how happy we are with our photographs. Guests were calling days after to make comments about how sweet she was--it was almost like she was part of the guest list! She arrived on time and helped us all relax a bit with how easy going and professional she was. She was somehow everywhere at once capturing all the important moments. Even the crazy # of family shots and wedding party shots went quickly and smoothly with lots of laughs.

I loved that from the get-go Anna had great advise to offer and shared lovely details about her own wedding and experiences. She took time to really try to understand the feelings/emotions we were looking for on the day and she captured it better than we could have imagined.

She returned the photos in record time and even sent a perfectly timed sneak peak just a few days after the wedding!

I cannot recommend her highly enough ❤️

Sent on 03/09/2018

Victoria · Married on 11/18/2016

Anna is simply incredible! I feel so lucky that Anna was recommended to us to photograph our November 2016 wedding in Napa Valley. She is warm and outgoing, a total sweetheart. The day of our wedding, Anna was like a stealth photo ninja. She beautifully captured all the special detail photos I had requested, staging everything better than I could have imagined, and somehow still managed to do things like squirrel 10 bridesmaids dresses and my wedding gown outside for gorgeous photos in the natural light without me even noticing! Anna got fantastic shots of all my girls and had a great eye for backgrounds and lighting - the photos are wonderful. Anna then did a great job capturing our first look (with some dreamy veil shots to boot) and kept everyone on schedule moving over to the ceremony. She was so efficient getting the family photos done, and everyone was raving later about what a great photographer we had - and that was before they even saw the pics! She then proceeded to get some absolutely breathtaking ceremony photos, and did an awesome job capturing the sunset vibe of cocktail hour. I was so happy when I got the pictures back to see how many amazing shots she got of all the decor elements I had poured my heart into, while still getting great pictures of our guests and all the action of the cocktail hour. It was like she was in 5 places at once (Anna is actually a magician). Despite the busy holiday season right after our wedding, Anna got our photos back to us so quickly, with a "sneak peek" to tide us over and the full set soon after. She made it super convenient to download and share our photos, with an online album and a super chic thumb drive as well. I would highly recommend Anna Marks Photography to anyone seeking beautiful, high quality photography that will perfectly capture the romance and excitement of their big day.

Sent on 01/31/2017

Meg · Married on 10/15/2016

Not only are Anna's pictures absolutely stunning, but she is such a pleasure to work with. Our families are in awe of how beautiful the photos turned out. They are of such beautiful quality and something we will cherish forever. Anna is truly talented at what she does. She captured the day in such an amazing way, and there wasn't one photo that I wished we had that we didn't get. She thought of everything!

At our wedding brunch, so many of our guests commented on what an amazing photographer we had! Everyone absolutely loved Anna. My best friend even booked Anna for her upcoming wedding after our wedding!

Anna is professional, outgoing, fun, and has a graceful way of getting all the shots while not disturbing the moments. She is also excellent about getting people into great but natural positions. I personally want my photographer to tell us what to do a little during things like family portraits to ensure we get great shots, and Anna did just that and in a very friendly and natural way.

You can tell right away how much Anna loves what she does. She makes every effort to ensure your pictures are beautiful and makes the process very fun. I was blown away by what a beautiful job she did styling the bridal details. She has an incredible eye for catching things I never would have thought of. Also, the website format that you receive photos in is very organized and user friendly.

I cannot recommend Anna more highly. She is simply the best and we cannot thank her enough for documenting our wedding day so beautifully.

Sent on 12/03/2016

Robyn · Married on 10/08/2016

I want to be Anna's friend. I think that sums up a lot of my review - she was thoughtful in planning, fun to work with and be around, and so generous with her time. Not to mention her photos are incredible. My husband and I didn't want too many posed shots - we wanted a photographer we could trust to get in there and capture moments that we wouldn't remember as clearly without a camera. Anna "got us" and captured that so well. When we got a sneak peek the DAY AFTER our wedding, we were giddy.

The woman is so fun - she chased people around all day; encouraged us to smile when we felt awkward; wrangled family members and the bridal party; and even danced with us (with camera, of course). I can't imagine anyone else being there with us on our day! Not to mention the travel involved, from SF to suburban Ohio - she's got an eye for a Midwest sunset! :)

Sent on 10/29/2016

Brittany · Married on 09/17/2016

Anna is absolutely incredible. In addition to being a phenomenal photographer (we couldn't be more happy with our wedding photos), she is exactly the person you want by your side on the big day. She was complimentary at all the right times, reassuring when I needed reassuring, the perfect balance of compassionate and professional.

Sent on 03/01/2017

Debbie · Married on 05/30/2015

Out of everyone we spoke to, my husband and I both agreed that her work stood out the most. We wanted someone who shot on film and digital, someone we felt like we would get along with and would be friends with, and someone who obviously had the skill to compose and expose gorgeous pictures. Both of us are photographers, so she had big shoes to fill. But Anna by far met all of our requirements.

Sent on 04/04/2016

Eva · Married on 05/24/2015

Anna is incredibly talented and a pleasure to work with. Leading up to the wedding Anna was clear and organized. She helped us develop a timeline and outline of photographs steps that made the day of easy. She did an excellent job making sure we got all the posed photographs we discussed but also captured candid shots that really highlight the whole event. The little touches (like the wooden usb drive with the photos) showcase how professional she is. The fast turn around on the photos and her beautiful blog were also a big plus! Can't say enough good things about Anna!

Sent on 07/19/2015

Anna is amazing! She did our engagement and wedding photos. She is wonderful to work with and takes beautiful photos. We couldn't be happier.

Sent on 05/29/2015

Anna was phenomenal. She did engagement photos for us and we couldn't be happier with the result. We really enjoyed working with her on our engagement photos, and would have hired her as our wedding photographer if we were getting married locally. Anna made us feel really comfortable, even though we had never done anything like this before. She also has a great eye for picking out great locations for our photos. She was also very prompt and turned around the finished photographs very quickly! The quality of the photos was superb. We highly recommend her for anyone looking for great engagement/wedding photography!

Sent on 11/05/2014

Joel · Married on 10/18/2014

Anna is an amazing photographer and incredibly fun and easy to work with. She photographed our wedding and our engagement photos and they are all absolutely stunning. What we liked best was her creativeness and her ability to absorb our vision into the photography. Although we wanted tradition wedding photos, we really wanted our photographs to capture nature and the intimacy of our wedding day. Anna was able to do both. For our engagement sessions, she found three perfect outdoor locations for us (we didn't have to do anything--you know how busy that time can be). For our wedding, she took wonderful candid and posed photos and found the perfect field for us to have a intimate photo shoot before joining our guests at happy hour. She excelled at large and panoramic photographs of our guests and has the ability to bring a second photographer to capture the moments that she may miss. Our family and friends were completely at ease during the group shots and had very positive feedback. I would highly recommend Anna for wedding, engagement, family, and business photography.

Sent on 01/25/2015

Brittany · Married on 08/16/2014

Anna is amazing. She photographed our wedding in August and really don't think we could have picked anyone better. She captured everything beautifully, yet during the wedding I never even knew she was there. Since we wanted to take photos beforehand, I had asked her to pick some locals since I figured she knew better than me and she totally delivered. We got some great SF landmarks in our photos, but were not surrounded by crazy crowds. Everyone that has seen our pictures has commented on how beautiful and natural they are.
    She is also very easy to work with and is a great calming influence on what can be a crazy day. We got all of our photos back about 6 weeks after our wedding, which from what I can tell after comparing with others is pretty good. And that's even with her getting married two weeks after us. I can't recommend Anna enough and really feel like I got a great deal after seeing the finished product.

Sent on 10/29/2014

Gina · Married on 07/18/2014

Anna was awesome. She is a fantastic photographer, very easy to work with, and very professional. I was consistently impressed with her know-how and insight when it came to taking beautiful shots on the big day. I would recommend her to anyone, and everyone. Great value, and great attitude. Two big thumbs up for Anna Marks.

Sent on 07/20/2014