Ann McKenzie Reviews

117 | Cary, NC

117 Reviews for Ann McKenzie

Josh W. · Getting married on 05/01/2023

Great Intimate Elopement Ceremony.

Ann braved the coldest night of the year for our outdoor elopement ceremony at 7:00pm and delivered a fantastic, love-based (i.e. secular) ceremony. She worked with us before and after to get us all the information we needed and help us stay informed. She also discussed contingency plans up-front, which is nice to hear when planning a ceremony in a pandemic. Very satisfied. Highly recommend.

Sent on 02/04/2021

Josh,
    It was my honor to officiate your and Nancy's wedding. I was so impressed with her braving the 30-degree weather in a beautiful short-sleeved dress. The lights at the Meadows Wooded Chapel were truly magical for the wedding.
  • Patricia

Patricia · Getting married on 10/01/2022

A Beautiful Ceremony by Ann

Ann McKenzie recently married my wife and I. She was very kind and took the time to speak with us about our story and what we wanted in our ceremony. She was always available when we needed to chat and brought up a lot of things we wouldn't have thought of to help us and our guests prepare for the ceremony.

The ceremony itself was very well written and really felt like it matched us as a couple. We had an amazing day and are very thankful to Ann for helping us accomplish that.

Sent on 01/28/2021

Tricia,
    Your wedding was wonderful surrounded by your family. I loved the outfits and white stoles you and Wendy wore. You were a beautiful couple. The look of joy on your faces was evident to everyone as you said your vows. Thank you for asking me to officiate.

Allison M. · Getting married on 02/09/2022

Excellent officiant experience

Ann put together a perfect ceremony for us. Everything we asked for, she provided! She was incredibly fun and enjoyable to work with along the way and was a big part of our memorable day! Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/30/2020

Ann McKenzie's reply:

It was my honor to marry you and Electra. Your parents' backyard was a gorgeous spot for the ceremony. The love you and Electra feel was evident by the joy you shared during the ceremony. Thank you for asking me.

Jacqueline A. · Getting married on 01/10/2022

Wonderful officiant!

Ann was great! She was so flexible with the ceremony and really helped make it special. We couldn't have picked a better officiant.

Sent on 10/30/2020

Jackie ,
    It was my pleasure to officiate your wedding. The Museum of Art park was the perfect spot for your Intimate Ceremony. Your family was so happy to share in your joy .
  • Stenake

Stenake O. · Getting married on 11/03/2021

Our Joyful Marriage Ceremony

We decided to get married during the COVD-19 pandemic. I talked with Ann McKenzie on Sunday and on Monday at 2 PM she was at our home to perform the ceremony. She emailed us a sample simple ceremony, we revised it and Ann was prepared to read our words. Her spirit is positive and joyful. Our wedding was perfect.

Sent on 03/26/2020

Ann McKenzie's reply:

It was my pleasure to officiate your lovely backyard wedding. It was a special celebration for a love that has lasted for many years. I was happy to make this happen quickly during this health crisis. I know you look forward to traveling to Sweden when the restrictions are lifted to celebrate with family there also.

Aaron M. · Getting married on 09/11/2021

Ann is a wonderful wedding officiant

Ann did a great job as the officiant of our wedding, starting from meeting with her to outline what we wanted in the ceremony to the timelines and steps needed to get the wedding license and later the certified copy. The ceremony itself was wonderful too. We were recommended by friends whom were also recently married by Ann, and we are extremely glad that she was a part of our wedding. Thanks, Ann!

Sent on 12/05/2020

Ann McKenzie's reply:

It was my pleasure to officiate your wedding. I loved your Intimate Ceremony in the park. I thought Casey's dress and bouquet were perfect. The wooden centerpiece flower holders you created were fantastic. I love it when the groom is involved in planning. Congratulations on tying the knot after 13 years!
  • Lauren

Lauren K. · Getting married on 09/03/2021

Beautiful, Custom Ceremony

Our wedding wouldn’t have been able to happen without Ann. Our date was right on the cusp of the social distancing requirements and Ann never hesitated to be there for us and help us both with our intimate ceremony on our scheduled date and with our new date this fall.

The ceremony Ann created for us was rooted in and inspired by our love. This made the process completely custom to include every aspect that was important to us from readings to a quote to a song from my father.

Ann’s words were touching and her delivery effortless and professional. We were blessed to find Ann and are grateful for the incredible, important role she played on our special day.

Sent on 03/27/2020

Lauren,
    You and Michael have been very calm during this process. It was my pleasure to officiate the intimate ceremony on your original date. I look forward to the larger celebration in the fall. Your father's song was so touching, it almost brought tears to my eyes. I am so happy your close family members were able to witness this.

Rachael · Getting married on 06/09/2021

Fabulous Officiant

Ann was absolutely wonderful to work with! We met over video call for the first meeting where she went over our options and discussed what our expectations were. From there she put together the perfect ceremony for us. Ann was quick to respond to any questions and helped the ceremony go off without a hitch on the wedding day. We would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 09/29/2020

Ann McKenzie's reply:

It was my pleasure to be part of your special day. The connection you and Jackson feel for each other was amazing to watch. You were all smiles and laughter during the ceremony- a true joy to see. PS- I loved your cowgirl boots!
  • Sarah

Sarah M. · Getting married on 05/12/2021

Wonderful to work with

Ann officiated our wedding on December 29, 2019. She was very professional, on time, and overall wonderful. She was an absolute pleasure to work with. We had a very small wedding (7 guests) and she made the entire process very easy. Our ceremony was exactly what we wanted. We would highly recommend Ann to anyone!

Sent on 01/02/2020

Sarah,
    Your intimate wedding was perfect. The joy on everyone's faces was evident during the ceremony. Thank you for allowing me to be part of your special day.
  • Amy

Amy T. · Getting married on 05/12/2021

Ann is so wonderful, attentive, and personable! I 100% recommend going with Ann!

Ann McKenzie went above and beyond in making sure that my husband and I were all taken care of for our special day. As a bride that was trying to plan a wedding out of state in a very short time period, Ann really made the entire process seamless and took the stress off of my husband and I. Ann was extremely responsive to our questions and requests. On the day of our wedding, she came to my bridal suite to check in on me and reassurred me that everything was all set and good to go!

Our ceremony was sweet and light-hearted thanks to Ann. She was also so informative about the wedding license process and next steps we needed to take, Again, she made everything seamless and to our surprise, our marriage license even came in the mail sooner than we had expected.

Sent on 02/15/2020

Amy,
    It was my pleasure to officiate your wedding. I loved the outfit you wore. The Mims House was a prefect choice for your intimate wedding. Thank you so much for choosing me to be part of your special day .
  • Lynn

Lynn B. · Married on 01/02/2021

Perfect officiant!

Ann was a wonderful officiant for our small wedding. She was mindful of Covid precautions yet still delivered personal vows that could t have been more perfect for us!

Sent on 01/07/2021

Lynn,
    You and Christopher were so gracious. It was my pleasure to officiate your wedding. I thought it was wonderful that all your children were included in the wedding. You were gorgeous in that stunning wedding dress.

Maryse · Married on 01/02/2021

Great Wedding day

Ann was a great officiant to our very small and intimate wedding. She always answered very quickly to our emails and we appreciated that in the stressful organization of a wedding.

Sent on 02/02/2021

Ann McKenzie's reply:

I really enjoyed your Intimate Ceremony on Lake Crabtree. The setting was wonderful. You were a real trooper in the cold weather. Thank you for sharing your celebration with me and asking me to officiate.

Austin L. · Married on 12/11/2020

Amazing NC Officiant!!

Ann was great from day one. Planning a covid wedding was very stressful and, while our ceremony wasn’t exactly what we pictured, Ann was there to help us and her ceremony was absolutely amazing. She really captured our relationship despite us not meeting in person until the day of the wedding! I would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 12/19/2020

Ann McKenzie's reply:

You and Timothy were a delight to work with. I know it was challenging this year but everyone at the wedding was full of joy for both of you. I loved creating your love story. Thank you for sharing this special day with me.

Melynda D. · Married on 11/13/2020

Cheerful, personal, professional

We met Ann at a wedding expo, and she was kind and joyful. Those traits continued into our planning process and ceremony.

Sent on 11/18/2020

Mindy,
    It was my pleasure and honor to marry you and Jacque. After writing your love story, I understand how you fell in love and decided to take the step into marriage. Thank you for asking me.
  • Sofia

Sofia A. · Married on 11/07/2020

Great flexibility and responsiveness

We booked with Ann in Dec 2019 for our Nov 2020 wedding. Due to COVID-19 we had a small ceremony on our original date and have postponed our big celebration until May. Ann has been FANTASTIC about helping us with both ceremonies and we are happy with the ceremony that she wrote for our small wedding this Novemeber. Can't wait to work with her again for our ceremony in May.

Sent on 12/20/2020

Sofia,
    I am looking forward to the big ceremony in May. It was my pleasure to officiate your wedding by the lake on Halloween. I loved your long black dress. You looked gorgeous.

Earle P. · Married on 10/24/2020

Great Sense of Humor!

Ann was very easy to work with and a great option for our wedding. My wife and I have a quirky sense of humor and Ann incorporated it perfectly into our ceremony! She was very easy to work with and flexible. Excellent choice for non-denominational and professional officiating of a wedding.

Sent on 10/26/2020

Ann McKenzie's reply:

Your answers to the Love Story questionnaire made me stop and pause. It was fun to incor[proatage your sense of humor into the Love Story. It is refreshing to have your wits challenged by the groom. Your parents' backyard was stunning for the ceremony as well as your bride!
  • Anna

Anna E. · Married on 10/20/2020

Wonderful wedding experience

Ann did a great job with our wedding and helped us prepare. She also sent very clear steps for after the wedding and was a joy to work with.

Sent on 10/22/2020

Ann McKenzie's reply:

It was my honor to officiate your wedding. Brier Creek Country Club was a beautiful venue. You looked stunning in your wedding dress. I loved the " breaking of the glass" at the end. It was a joy to see the love on your faces during the ceremony.

Ashleigh A. · Married on 10/20/2020

Definitely recommend Ann!

Ann Mckenzie was amazing! She was so kind and my now husband and I felt so comfortable with her from our first meeting with her. You can tell she knows what she is doing as she wanted to make sure our ceremony was as personal as we wanted it. She told our love story and spoke words on how we feel about our new journey together as a married couple.
    I am so glad she was apart of our ceremony!

Sent on 10/23/2020

Ashleigh,
    You and Daniel are a very loving couple. Your interactions speak volumes. I loved the fact that your Mother escorted you down the walkway and we were able to take a moment to remember your father. Your sister did a great job assisting with the "tying the knot" ceremony. That is always fun to see.

Emily D. · Married on 10/11/2020

The Most Beautiful Ceremony!!

We are so thankful for Ann and the care and effort she puts into making each couple's ceremony one of a kind. We got married on 10/11/20 and Ann had our guests smiling, laughing, and crying happy tears. She told our story beautifully. Our entire reception our guests came up to us telling us that our ceremony was the most touching one they've ever been to, and of course we have to agree :) Ann knows what she's doing and was so easy to work with! Thanks again Ann!!

Sent on 10/25/2020

Emily,
    You and Buddy are a wonderful couple. I could tell your guests love you by their responses to the love story and your touching vows. It was my pleasure to officiate your wedding. The Victorian Wedding venue was gorgeous. I enjoyed staying for a little while after the ceremony. Your smiles said it all during the ceremony and afterward!
  • Diana

Diana F. · Married on 09/01/2020

Ann is absolutely wonderful for officiating wedding ceremonies!

Working with Ann for our wedding was, and continues to be, absolutely amazing. Ann was the only officiant my husband and I met with and after just one conversation, we had a good feeling about her and knew we wanted her to officiate our wedding. When COVID threw a big bump in our wedding plans, Ann worked with us to put on an intimate ceremony this year and will also be doing our vow renewal ceremony in 2021, with no additional cost to us. Ann made the ceremony so personal to us and our love story, it was wonderful. I would recommend her to any couple!

Sent on 09/28/2020

Ann McKenzie's reply:

I absolutely loved the Intimate Ceremony with your family. Including the Love Story, Breaking of the Glass, and the first dance for the video recording the whole ceremony to share with friends who could not be there was very creative. I look forward to your Renewal of Vows next year! Everyone loves romance- the video I shared of your first dance on FaceBook has over 400 views!

Andrew T. · Married on 08/22/2020

Very good, and meaningful

We had a small wedding, she was able give a good ceremony, and helped find the best one for us.

We were very happy with the service

Sent on 08/23/2020

Ann McKenzie's reply:

It was my honor to Officiate your wedding. I think Yare enjoyed being part of the family sand ceremony and holding the bouquet for her Mom. The backyard decoration was beautiful . Your friends and family were helpful when setting up the final touches.
  • Olivia

Olivia D. · Married on 08/08/2020

Perfect Officiant

Ann was absolutely perfect from the very beginning. We were so blessed to have met Ann and clicked instantly to feel as if we have known her for years. She made our wedding ceremony personalized and unforgettable. Ann is the best!!

Sent on 08/09/2020

Olivia,
    You and Blake were such an easy couple to work with. The love others feel for you was evident at the wedding. It was my pleasure to create a ceremony that you can cherish. Thank you for asking me to officiate.

Steven M. · Married on 07/02/2020

Wonderful experience with Ann

Ann did such an amazing job with our ceremony. She was extremely professional, and was very accommodating to every need. Planning a wedding is a stressful experience, but with Ann as our wedding officiant, we had a very large weight taken off our shoulders. We would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 07/04/2020

Steven,
    It was my pleasure to officiate your wedding. Your family was so happy to be there. The love that you and Martha felt for each other was obvious by the look on your face. It was my honor to witness that. Lake Crabtree was the perfect setting for your Intimate Ceremony. The photos of you and Martha are stunning.
  • Tina

Tina J. · Married on 06/27/2020

Officiant Ann McKenzie

David and I loved meeting with Ann. She’s very warm and personable. We were delighted to know that she customizes and tailors to specific couple (if desired) I can’t wait to see what she writes for our wedding. No photos posted as our wedding has yet to happen.

Sent on 10/21/2019

Ann McKenzie's reply:

I am so happy you left me a review after meeting, even before the wedding. This is the first time that has happened. You are a very kind person. I am honored to be part of your upcoming wedding.