Ann McKenzie Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

Josh W. Getting married on 05/01/2023

Great Intimate Elopement Ceremony.

Ann braved the coldest night of the year for our outdoor elopement ceremony at 7:00pm and delivered a fantastic, love-based (i.e. secular) ceremony. She worked with us before and after to get us all the information we needed and help us stay informed. She also discussed contingency plans up-front, which is nice to hear when planning a ceremony in a pandemic. Very satisfied. Highly recommend.

Josh,
    It was my honor to officiate your and Nancy's wedding. I was so impressed with her braving the 30-degree weather in a beautiful short-sleeved dress. The lights at the Meadows Wooded Chapel were truly magical for the wedding.
    Bailey C. Getting married on 03/02/2023

10/10 Recommend to everybody

Ann was such a pleasure to work with and helped our wedding day exceed our expectations. We were too shy to write our own vows but wanted something unique to us, she personalized our ceremony by writing "our love story". It was so fun and unique to us. She also recommended a unity ceremony with a tree in which we watered and will plant in our yard. Additionally, it was important to us to find an officiant who recognizes all forms of love and marriage. We couldn't of asked for a better officiant. We all said several times it felt like we've known each other for years!

Bailey,
    It was my honor to officiate your and Josh's wedding. You were absolutely stunning in your wedding dress. I think the Love Story was a great way to show your guests how you feel about each other. Thank you so much for asking me to be part of your special day.
  • Patricia
    Patricia Getting married on 10/01/2022

A Beautiful Ceremony by Ann

Ann McKenzie recently married my wife and I. She was very kind and took the time to speak with us about our story and what we wanted in our ceremony. She was always available when we needed to chat and brought up a lot of things we wouldn't have thought of to help us and our guests prepare for the ceremony.

The ceremony itself was very well written and really felt like it matched us as a couple. We had an amazing day and are very thankful to Ann for helping us accomplish that.

Tricia,
    Your wedding was wonderful surrounded by your family. I loved the outfits and white stoles you and Wendy wore. You were a beautiful couple. The look of joy on your faces was evident to everyone as you said your vows. Thank you for asking me to officiate.
  • JB
    Jb Married on 03/19/2022

Personable and personalized :)

Ann was great. We saw her officiate a friend's wedding and decided to choose her to do our own. She was very flexible and open-minded to our ideas. We wanted a non-religious ceremony with a non-traditional unity part and she met all of our needs with enthusiasm. She shared the text with us well enough in advance so we could review and approve or make any changes, and she was very accommodating. At the rehearsal she was friendly and excited, and brought a fun energy to the ceremony. I highly suggest her!

Ann McKenzie's reply:

I loved the Unity Ceremony of pouring two types of birdseed into the bird feeder. The spiral birdseed feeder worked well to show both types of birdseed. Your dress and wedding sword was perfect.
  • W
    Will T. Married on 03/12/2022

Ann's Amazing!

Ann was amazing to work with. She spent time getting to know Martinique and I every time we met with her. Kept us updated and on schedule throughout the weeks prior and put us at ease of stress on our wedding day. She did a phenomenal job telling our love story as part of our ceremony, got some tears and laughs out of the guests. Would highly recommend Ann to anyone!

Will,
    Your wedding was truly wonderful with all the love your family guests showed you. It is always fun to tell a love story to guests that are so supportive. I am grateful for the opportunity to be part of your wedding day. Thank you so much for asking me to be an integral part of your wedding.
  • Olivia
    Olivia M. Married on 02/26/2022

One of a Kind!

Ann is amazing! She created a personalized ceremony for my husband and I! She took the time to get to know us, gathered stories from our closest friends and family, and created a beautiful and funny love story that was unique to us. She is very easy-going, positive, and makes you feel comfortable! Would highly recommend Ann to officiate your wedding!

Olivia,
    I enjoyed your wedding so much ! You and Adam were one of the happiest couples I have worked with. The dancing down the aisle by the wedding party especially the flower man was a hoot. The guests were so responsive to your love story . It was a delight! Luna of course was a hit and she behaved well. Thank you so much for asking me to officiate your wedding!’
    Allison M. Married on 02/09/2022

Excellent officiant experience

Ann put together a perfect ceremony for us. Everything we asked for, she provided! She was incredibly fun and enjoyable to work with along the way and was a big part of our memorable day! Highly recommend!

Ann McKenzie's reply:

It was my honor to marry you and Electra. Your parents' backyard was a gorgeous spot for the ceremony. The love you and Electra feel was evident by the joy you shared during the ceremony. Thank you for asking me.
  • Keely
    Keely L. Married on 01/29/2022

Best Officiant

Ann was a delight the moment we spoke to her on a zoom call. Her personality, mannerisms, everything was so pleasant. Her take on a wedding ceremony was unique and interesting. She was always helpful and supportive when we had questions. Many of my wedding guests complimented the ceremony and stated if was a breath of fresh air. Our experience with her was great.

Keely,
    You and Alec were a pleasure to work with. Your love story was fun to write. The obvious love you feel for each other was seen on your faces during the ceremony. I absolutely love the red dress and the Chinese Lunar New Year decorations at the reception and wedding. What a treat for a wedding!
    Jacqueline A. Married on 01/10/2022

Wonderful officiant!

Ann was great! She was so flexible with the ceremony and really helped make it special. We couldn't have picked a better officiant.

Jackie ,
    It was my pleasure to officiate your wedding. The Museum of Art park was the perfect spot for your Intimate Ceremony. Your family was so happy to share in your joy .
    Sarah Married on 12/29/2021

Ann McKenzie - Officiant

Ann McKenzie was the best choice we could have made when it came to choosing an officiant. Ann was professional and considerate of what we hoped to experience the day of our ceremony.
    Ann was the ultimate professional and navigated everyone in the right direction the day of our wedding. She made our day memorable and enjoyable and one will we never forget.
    I would highly recommend Ann and am so grateful that we found her. She was the best choice and made our day magical. Thank you Ann for everything. We appreciate you. Sarah and Wills.

Sarah,
    It was a true pleasure spending time with you and Wills. Your love story was a joy to write and share with your guests. Thank you for your generosity. It was nice to have my husband with me to meet you and your family. We both enjoyed getting to know you. The look of love on you and Wills' faces during the ceremony was priceless. I was happy to be part of your special day.
  • Julie
    Julie Married on 12/21/2021

Excellent services provided by Ann. She makes the process so easy

She was truly an amazing person and very patient. She responds very quickly and goes above and beyond to make sure all your needs are met!

Ann McKenzie's reply:

It was my pleasure to marry you and Christopher with your family attending. I loved the sunflowers decorations and arch! The green dresses for the flower girls were precious. Thankyou for asking me to be part of your special day.
  • Kathy
    Kathy T. Married on 12/18/2021

Mrs. Hightower

Officiant Anne was a crowd pleaser! She knew exactly how to engage with our wedding party and guests. Members of our families were asking how we got to have her at our wedding! We loved her!

Kathy,
    It was my honor to officiate your and Sean's wedding. Your family was very gracious. You looked beautiful. I can not think of a better view for a Saturday morning wedding than the Bridge Club in downtown Raleigh. Thank you for asking me to be there for you.
  • Melinda
    Melinda K. Married on 12/10/2021

Wonderfully personalized!

Ann was extremely pleasant, helpful, flexible and welcoming to everyone in our family. We loved the story and ceremony she helped create and received so many compliments from guests on our ceremony. We would definitely recommend Ann to anyone looking for a ceremony that is catered to the couple.

Melinda,
    I truly enjoyed being part of your and Steve's wedding. You are such a joyful couple with love showing through your smiles. The gingerbread house at your wedding was fabulous. Thank you for including me on your special day.
    Jeff Married on 11/28/2021

An excellent minister!!

Ann delivered an excellent ceremony for us. She will incorporate your own personal journey as a couple into the ceremony, and can personalize to your liking! Faith elements can be incorporated or omitted. We highly recommend Ann!

Jeff,
    It was my honor to write your love story from the answers you sent me about your journey. Your friends and family were so happy to cheer you on. The Cotton Room's Christmas decorations were perfect with Megan's choice of bridesmaids' dresses, bouquets, and my outfit. Megan looked stunning. Thank you for asking me to be part of your ceremony.

DISPLAY AS THE FIRST REVIEW
  • Richard
    Richard C. Married on 11/21/2021

Want someone AMAZING for your ceremony...?

Beautiful, personalized ceremony that included our personality. She helped with everything that I didn't even know to think of... Always an e-mail, phone call, or video chat away with ANY questions in the planning and day-of process. Would recommend to any and all looking for a FLAWLESS officiant.

Ann McKenzie's reply:

Thank you for your kind review. It was my privilege to officiate your wedding. You and Sarah were a very easy couple to work with. Your guests seemed to enjoy hearing your love story.
  • Cassidy
    Cassidy B. Married on 11/07/2021

A Absolutely Great Experience!!

It felt as though our ceremony was very personalized and that was exactly what we were looking for!!

Cassidy,
    It was my honor to be part of your special day. Everyone was so excited for you to be married. There was lots of love at your wedding.
  • Stenake
    Stenake O. Married on 11/03/2021

Our Joyful Marriage Ceremony

We decided to get married during the COVD-19 pandemic. I talked with Ann McKenzie on Sunday and on Monday at 2 PM she was at our home to perform the ceremony. She emailed us a sample simple ceremony, we revised it and Ann was prepared to read our words. Her spirit is positive and joyful. Our wedding was perfect.

Ann McKenzie's reply:

It was my pleasure to officiate your lovely backyard wedding. It was a special celebration for a love that has lasted for many years. I was happy to make this happen quickly during this health crisis. I know you look forward to traveling to Sweden when the restrictions are lifted to celebrate with family there also.
  • Nicholas
    Nicholas W. Married on 10/24/2021

Simply amazing

Ann was perfect to be quite honest. She helped guide through the ceremony with 0 issues, she was well spoken and very kind. I couldn’t have asked for a better wedding or reverend.

Ann McKenzie's reply:

I was so happy to write your love story and ceremony. You and Calista found a love that was unexpected and turned into a marriage. The love you felt for each other was obvious in your eyes on your wedding day.
    Annmarie S. Married on 10/23/2021

Great officiant

Ann created a beautiful ceremony that was personable to my husband and I. Even though we found her last minute and she already had a wedding booked, she still fit us in. She still gave us all the time we needed and was super responsive. She had some amazing recommendations and was super easy to work and communicate with. She made our day special.

Annmarie,
    I was so happy to officiate your wedding. Keith walking his daughter down the aisle and you coming with his son was perfect. What a wonderful tribute for a blended family/
  • Depp
    Depp S. Married on 10/20/2021

Ann is the best!

Ann was great! We could not have asked for anyone better. She was always a phone call away. Always up on her toes and ready to help. She definitely took a lot of our stress away! We were glad that she was there to officiate our wedding, could not have asked anything more.

Deep,
    It was my pleasure to officiate your wedding. Rutu was a beautiful bride. Your vows were so heartfelt. Her mother gave me the biggest hug after the ceremony. the vows and the hug touched my heart. thank you for asking me to be part of this special occasion.
  • David
    David R. Married on 10/09/2021

Professional and thoughtful officiant

Ann was an absolutely joy to work with for our October 2021 wedding in Raleigh and I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone looking for a professional and thoughtful officiant. The personalized love story that Ann crafted for our ceremony using feedback from us, our friends, and our family was perfect! Ann is a complete professional and her service is an excellent value. We also greatly appreciated the warm, calm, and caring presence she brought to the event.

David,
    It was my pleasure to officiate your and Hollis' wedding. The Love Story was fun to write. Your family and friends were a very eclectic and great group to be around. It is my hope to be calming influence during the ceremony. Thank you for letting me know you appreciated that.
  • Grace
    Grace Married on 09/25/2021

Thoughtful, responsive and easy to work with!

Ann was an absolutely fabulous officiant for our spring wedding at the Fearrington. Her love story and our ceremony was truly one of the highlights of our wedding day. I could not recommend Ann enough as an officiant for anyone’s wedding!

Grace,
    You and Henry were a delight to work with. I enjoyed creating your love story and learning how you fell in love. Your family and friends were so happy to be there for you. Many of them stopped by to tell me how much they loved your ceremony. You are blessed to have such support from them. I was happy to be there with all of you.
    Maggie Married on 09/18/2021

Outstanding officiant

Ann was an excellent officiant for our wedding! She guided us through every step of creating our ceremony, personalizing it just for us. Her customized love story was a highlight for us and guests alike. We highly recommend working with Ann!

Maggie,
    I enjoyed being part of your special day. The love you and Daniel share was obvious from the looks on your faces. It is always a pleasure to write a Love Story for a couple like you. Thank you for asking me to officiate.
    Aaron M. Married on 09/11/2021

Ann is a wonderful wedding officiant

Ann did a great job as the officiant of our wedding, starting from meeting with her to outline what we wanted in the ceremony to the timelines and steps needed to get the wedding license and later the certified copy. The ceremony itself was wonderful too. We were recommended by friends whom were also recently married by Ann, and we are extremely glad that she was a part of our wedding. Thanks, Ann!

Ann McKenzie's reply:

It was my pleasure to officiate your wedding. I loved your Intimate Ceremony in the park. I thought Casey's dress and bouquet were perfect. The wooden centerpiece flower holders you created were fantastic. I love it when the groom is involved in planning. Congratulations on tying the knot after 13 years!