Angelus Bridal & Formals Reviews

76 | Pompano Beach, FL

76 Reviews for Angelus Bridal & Formals

Vanessa · Married on 04/15/2011

I found the dress of my dreams at Angelus bridal! I only had to try on about 3 or 4 dresses and by the fourth dress THAT WAS IT! All of the dresses their are beautiful and well made. The designs have attention to detail, the material of the dresses are stylish and comfortable, the SERVICE IS AMAZING thanks Coco! The dress was very affordable in my price range. How can you beat that?! Angelus bridal is the best and Reina in alterations is talented. Oh yeah, one more thing, get the corset, it's a little extra money but totally worth it! Coco and his team will make you look like a million dollars!

Sent on 04/22/2011

Natalia · Married on 10/16/2010

The entire team at Angelus Bridal was amazing from start to finish. First of all, if you are looking for a great quality gown for a better price, this is the place to go! Trust me, I did lot's of research, and this involved visits to stuck up bridal shops everywhere. The owner of Angelus - Coco- was just the opposite of "stuck up". He did everything to accomodate me, he was super personable and very sweet and went out of his way to get the dress and all accessories I wanted in record time (I had a late start!).
    Angelus Bridals is 5 stars all the way!

Sent on 10/20/2010

Melony · Married on 10/09/2010

All I can say is THANK YOU COCO! You are the best! Words cannot express how thankful I am for all of your help. Who would of thought that the dress that
    "I didn't want to try on" would have been "the one". For all you future brides out there reading this, as Coco would say... "Try on the dress!" It looks a lot better on you than on the hanger. I found the most beautiful wedding gown at Angelus Bridal and also my mother's dress there as well. 5 stars!

Sent on 11/02/2010

Rayne · Married on 09/09/2010

I fell in love with this place as soon as I walked in, I found my Dress Thank's to Angelus Bridal. Thank You so much Co Co.

Sent on 10/10/2010

Melissa · Married on 03/20/2010

This story was one of the highlights of my wedding: I made an appointment at a nice fairly high-end bridal salon off of Las Olas who shall remain nameless. I showed up that Saturday morning ready to be wowed and treated to that "this is the one" experience. I got to the salon had to wait a few minutes for my consultant and when she came out to assist the first question was what is your price range. I thought that seemed like a strange question to ask before anything else like sizing, wedding date, length, style, color but it is obviously an important factor so we told her. She took us to a rack and again without asking any other questions just began picking up gowns, I pulled out a few and one that I picked up was apparently a little above what I had said and she stopped me immediately. "That gown is more than what you told me as your range." My Mom asked her how much it was and the price was $200 over my range and my Mom looked at me and looked back at her and said "I think I can manage that, let her try it on." She had still not asked me a single question about my wedding, she just took me in a fitting room to begin the trial process. Now, I am admittedly not small, I am a size 12. I am very well aware of my size and that wedding gowns run small but I am pretty well positive that I am not the first woman to get married who was not a size 6 and I had thought that most bridal shops were equipped to handle all shapes and sizes, I was apparently mistaken. She got me some undergaments and helped me in and on went the first gown which was a mermaid shape (Obviously not the right choice for my shape) and of course this sample sized gown ended up in a wad around my waist and the consultant said "well, you get the idea" and when I looked at her and said, "no, I really don't" she asked if I wanted my sister (yeah the tall skinny blond sister- (b*tch)) to try on gowns for me. Who in the world wants their sister to try on wedding gowns for them? Then she told me I would probably have better luck at David's because they have a whole range of sizes in stock. I left that store in tears feeling like a morbidly obese woman in need of a crane to carry her to the car. I got into the car with my Mom and my sister and cried my eyes out. My Mom had no idea what to do or where to go and the only thing she could think of was the place she sees during her daily commute that faces out to I-95 and is tucked into an industrial park. When we got there I didn't even want to get out of the car (at least not without my crane) but I am glad I did. I walked in and was greeted by Ketty who asked me what I had in mind and what my wedding would be like, indoors or outdoors, time of day, time of year etc. She pulled 2 dresses out immediately and gave me a few minutes to walk around and pick out a few other options. I tried on one of the 2 she had picked up first and, there it was, that "this is the one!!!" moment. I couldn't believe that it was me in that mirror. And the best part.... it was just over half of what I had planned to spend on a dress! Angelus saved the day, really and truly and I was elated. Thank you so much, Angelus bridals, for that!!

Sent on 04/01/2010

Jessica · Married on 02/14/2009

I purchased my wedding gown, veil and headpiece, and pairs of shoes for the ceremony and reception at Angelus, and all of my bridesmaids purchased their dresses here. I went to many bridal boutiques, and found the dress of my dreams at Angelus! Debbie was an amazing consultant and really gave great advice on what styles looked good and what didn't. They have a really extensive selection of gowns from many designers - the same goes for bridesmaids dresses.

Sent on 06/10/2009
  • BecomingAgenor

Ketlyne · Married on 05/18/2018

As a bride planning her wedding about a year and 3 months ahead I enjoyed my very first experience here at the store. At first I was hesitant because I went bridal dress shopping on my own, but when I entered David (I believe) made me feel like it was okay to come and look at the dresses in the store. Of course I convinced myself that I could try dresses on. Within minutes I started perusing through the dresses when Rhonda came and found me. She gave me a big smile and asked if she could help me with my selections. She made me feel comfortable, especially since it was my first time doing this for myself. Of course I tried a two dresses on and it was eh, then Rhonda asked if she could select something that she believed was made for me. Within seconds she retuned, She placed me in the mermaid style sleeveless dress in within moments I could not stop staring at myself. I was speechless. Rhonda knew exactly what brought out my personality with the va va voom I was looking for. She described that the dress made me look like I was transitioning from young woman to Woman. She did everything right, down to explaining everything about the dress to me and the process of payments. She did not pressure me into getting the dress but allowed me feel truly special. I will be returning for my dress soon!

Sent on 01/18/2016

Went in Saturday literally a week before my wedding and RITA was awesome!!! She only works weekends but she has absolutely swept me off my feet providing excellent customer service!! Very helpful offered different options and picked things in my budget. She is so sweet but honest and that is what you need to find in a consultant!! Have many friend getting married soon & will recommend them to go & see Rita!

Sent on 04/14/2014

The women helping me pick out my dress were AMAZING!! My budget was "as cheap as possible" and I told them i had to find something under $500.00. They found me my dream dress for $399 (clearance) and it is perfect for me!

Sent on 11/18/2015

Samantha · Married on 05/23/2015

Went here with my whole entourage and had found a dress I was in love with at the previous appointment. It was very hard to beat the dress I had in mind. Deandra helped us and she was such a sweetheart. They have beautiful gowns! I was unable to find something to beat the dress I found so I let my sister use the rest of my appointment time and Deandra couldn't have been nicer about it. I think my sister may have found a dress here!

Sent on 08/18/2014

I was very impressed with the selection of dresses and accessories. The entire team was very professional and created a very personalized and pleasant experience. I had the opportunity to work with Yoli, and she was fantastic. They were also creative and open to suggesting modifications to a gown to make it a one of a kind. I would highly recommend this store when gown shopping!

Sent on 12/19/2014

Misty · Married on 02/22/2014

Ronda and Yoli at Angelus Bridal were so helpful when I went to choose my wedding dress. I decided to go alone, and they made the whole experience really comfortable and fun. They had a wide selection, great prices, and never tried to talk me into anything higher than the budget that I wanted to spend. I never felt rushed, and they were willing to give me their honest opinions on what worked best. I absolutely loved my dress. I also got bridesmaids and flower girl dresses there and everything came in either early or on time. The ladies at Alterations by Raina, which is attached to the shop, did a great job at all the alterations and were really sweet and fun to work with. The only issue I had was with a bra I ordered to go with my dress. It was apparently on backorder and took four months to come in, so I had to do my first two fittings in a borrowed bra. It finally arrived 2 weeks before the wedding. The bridal shop, of course, had no control over that. I just wish someone would have been more proactive about calling the manufacturer to get an update when I inquired several times, because it was a silly thing to have to stress about in the final days. Still highly recommend this shop!

Sent on 02/25/2014

I travelled all the way from the Bahamas with appointments at 4 different bridal salons. Angelus was my first stop. I was greeted by Ketty who just got straight to work on me. I fitted 3 dresses and on the 3rd...I said "Yes to the dress". My dress was like none I've seen before. The service was great and oh myyy...the bra was awesome! Ketty and Rhonda made everything PERFECT! I would recommend Angelus...Ketty & Rhonda rocks!!!!

Sent on 12/13/2013

Danielle · Married on 05/24/2015

I got my wedding dress for my May 2015 wedding from Angelus Bridal. They were easy to work with. It was the first store, and I chose the 3rd dress I tried on. I knew exactly what I wanted for my dress, and they had a dress that fit all my requirements. I also got my veil, there which matched my dress perfectly. My dress was the center of the wedding, and I have received so many compliments on how gorgeous it was. They also have other evening dresses, that I will be sure to check out when I have an event to go through.

Sent on 06/11/2015
  • User3202714 · 2+ years ago

3.5

Rhonda is the best. The alterations were also great. Loved my dress

Sent on 07/08/2013

Rhonda is AMAZING! She was so helpful during the whole process. I of course LOVED my gown and the cost was not outrageous!

Sent on 10/17/2013

Patti · Married on 11/19/2016

I used Angelus to purchase bridesmaid gowns. They have a extensive selection with many color options to see. I made a last minute color change and they were able to accommodate my change without hassle.

Sent on 12/29/2016

Lauren · Married on 01/03/2015

Had a great experience finding my dress in a matter of 1 trip! :) They have great deals on finding your dress on the first day and that is exactly what I did. They even helped get my dress here in time for my moms visit for alterations! I even got discounts for my bridesmaids dresses here!

Sent on 10/22/2014

Debra · Married on 03/10/2012

They have a great selection and Reina in the back is the BEST seamstress!

Sent on 04/15/2012

Tramona · Married on 02/20/2016

4.2
      3.0

This my experience with them.
    My experience with Angelus Bridal was okay. Rhonda and Stephanie were a great help and were knowledgeable about the different dress styles, brands and how the dresses fit depending on body size/shape.

When I needed to change my dress after the first one was already ordered, they worked with me and ordered the dress even though they didn’t have one in-store (truthfully no one did, even though it was by a major brand). I trusted them in selecting the color also because it was not available in ivory/white, but I loved the dress so much that I decided to go with the ivory/champagne, which worked out really well. My dress also arrived a little early.

My biggest issue is when it came time to pay for the new dress and transferring the money that was put down on the previous dress, the owner’s way of calculating that transaction was very confusing to my mother and I. Even a year later it still bothers and confuses me, so just make sure that you speak up (because I didn't) against anything that doesn’t make sense to you while planning your big day. Also, the owner removes the tags (showing the brand name) from all of the dresses, which is illegal and marks up the price.

What was a pleasant experience, I had my dress altered by Ms. Reina who’s located at the back of the store? She also was a pleasure to work with and I recommend her services to you as well. I’ll be using her in the future when I need alterations done on formal attire.

I was talked into buying the Flattering Me Bra which I think was valuable in that I was anxious about picking out the right support wear. The bra is comfortable and very stiff when brand new, so trying wearing it a few times before the big day. Either the bra really conformed me to be a little smaller, or my dress was just a little too big because my dress kept sliding down making the bra visible.

All-in-all, I had an okay experience with them, however still, buyer beware.

Happy Planning!

Sent on 03/19/2017
  • Maria

Maria · Married on 03/07/2015

3.8
      3.5

I bought my Venus wedding gown and my veil from Angelus Bridal. This was the second store me, bridal party and moms (12 people) had gone that day, and although it's location is a little different (by warehouses behind highway), in comparison to the other bridal shop the staff, inventory, and prices were just right. They were very patient when I tried on 10 dresses, and were able to accommodate all 11 of my guests. I do have to say at times they were not organized, as I swore I had ordered my veil along withy gown back in July, and when I picked up my dress in December (turnaround time on dresses depends on designer), the veil hadn't been ordered and I had to get it shipped to my house (Tallahassee), it took about 3 weeks to get delivered, good thing my wedding was still 2 months away.

Sent on 02/08/2015

Kim · Married on 02/22/2015

3.8
      3.5

This was a great salon for selection! The consultant was very helpful and had me walk to racks with her to look which was new to me. I had a good time at the store but just didn't find the dress :( My only 2 suggestions would be to wear your own undergarments or shape-wear because I didn't like the one the store makes and that the store needs a makeover.

Sent on 02/25/2015

Brianna · Married on 10/11/2014

3.4
      2.5
      3.5

After going to many bridal shops, I ended up at Angelus. They had a large selection of designer gowns and some really good incentives. The woman who helped me select my dress, Sarah, was fantastic to work with. She was very patient and suggested that I try on many different styles to narrow down exactly what I wanted. I finally found my perfect gown and we both knew as soon as I put it on. All in all, the buying experience was great.
    Things started to get a little hairy afterward. As soon as you become an 'old bride' you get pushed to the side for the 'new brides'. Once my dress finally came in after being told four different arrival dates (one of them being TWO WEEKS before my weddding date) I could only get there on a Saturday. When I called to make an appointment, I was told that Saturdays were reserved for 'new brides' and that the only way I could get in to try it on is if it were after 5:00pm. When I had the dress on, I couldnt even go out to the pedestal with the mirrors to see it on, I had to stay in the dressing room area.
    While the process after purchasing my dress was a little frustrating, I would recommend purchasing your dress through this company only if you live in the area because of their incentives that they offer and they really do treat you special when you are picking out a dress. For another bride like myself who had to drive an hour to get there, I would search elsewhere. Also, make sure you order your dress at least 12-8 months ahead of time.

Sent on 08/28/2014

Debbie · Married on 05/16/2015

2.2
      1.0

My daughter found the perfect gown at their store. She said "Yes" to the dress and was sooo excited. The dress came in a few months before her wedding day., Sadly and very unfortunately my daughter passed away two months before her wedding.. This vendor out of all the ones involved with the wedding ( band, photographer, florist, venue, tuxedo, photo booth etc) was THE ONLY ONE WHO DID NOT acknowledge this horrible tradgedy with a card, a call, flowers or a RETURN OF DEPOSIT is dress.. Their comment was " We will try and sell the dress." How horrible!!..Full refunds and cards were sent by everyone else involved with the wedding. They all felt considering this sudden tradgedy and loss was devastating it was the least they could do.
    So, my suggestion is find a vendor with a heart who isn't just in it for the money. You never know when their " true personalities" come out!"

Sent on 03/19/2016

vanessa · Married on 09/13/2014

2.0
      2.0
      1.0

I fell in love with a wedding dress elsewhere, but Rhonda was soo awesome and warm that I ended up loving a dress she showed me and purchased on the spot.My dress came in approximately two months after I ordered it, and there were no visible blemishes on the dress itself. I have pictures! So I left it at Angelus, assuming they would take good care of it. WRONG! I went in 2 weeks ago randomly to try it on! Good thing I did. The dress had several Pee yellow stains all over the lace and bodice! Stains that were apparent right upon unzipping the fabric bag. It was kept in a fabric garment bag which had no stains or even tinge on it. Basically they stained my gown while it wasn't in the garment bag... my paid for gown was taken out of the bag... for what reason? Nobody there could tell me. Not even the owner, who told me that me and all 5 of my bridesmaids and two of his associates must have missed the gargantuan urine looking spots on my gown the first time I tried it on...So basically they ripped all the lace off of the bodice and cleaned the gown then reapplied new lace at the store... not the dress designer's craftsmanship... but of course, I still had to pay for the designer's work for Angelus' seamstress' stitches.. It looks fine which is the important part , but the owner couldn't even be bothered to be there the day I picked it up stating "I'm Jewish, I don't work Saturdays".... Not even the seamstress could be bothered to deliver the dress downstairs should there be any issues.They offered me no discount, no compensation, not even an apology for the damage done to my dress. The prices are good, that I can not argue, but it wasn't worth the trouble. Rhonda is amazing though! She will make you laugh and feel like a beautiful bride! Who I gather to be the manager there yelled at me for sitting on their chair in my gown because the chair was "probably dirty".... why do you have dirty chairs in the bridal area with brides trying on their gowns?

Sent on 07/22/2014