Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

74 Reviews for Angelus Bridal & Formals

Garters (2)
Sample Gowns (2)
Mother of Bride (1)
74 Angelus Bridal & Formals Reviews

Go here first...breathe..see Rhonda. I was lost and had no idea what kind of dress to wear. I am half the size I use to be and honestly well... not sure what would look good on me. So I pit it in Rhondas hands. She pulled dresses from almost every rack - including clearance, my final 2 choices came down to 1 from clearance and 1 not....I ended up going with not- and it was a mermaid type dress which blows my mind.

Profile Picture Shelly, 11/9/19, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire, Unique Services (Other)

OMG Where do I start... I drove all the way from Lakeland Florida to Pompano Florida which is a 3 hour drive to find my wedding dress. When My family and I arrived, we were greeted by the Lovely David ! David is Ah-May-Zing! He’s very professional, Very Caring , & A Ball Of Fun Fun Fun. Me & My Girls Laughed From Beginning To End. I needed someone to give me honest opinions & advice and that’s just what I received. David is a wedding coordinator so he pretty much knew what and what not would work for me. The shop is a great size filled with different styles & sizes . Very clean and organized. Rhonda was wonderful as well . She's a very beautiful friendly lady . If you are looking for the absolute best dresses & service, this is the place for you. I would change NOTHING about experience with Angelus Bridal!

Profile Picture Brittney, 3/23/19, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Garters, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Plus Size Gowns, Undergarments, Veils, Bride

Love love love this place!!! Super friendly, knowledgeable, and super helpful. She asked me what I liked what I didn't like and made sure she kept me in my price range. The consultant put me in a dress I never would have picked and I loved it. So always keep an open mind it never hurts to just try it on. She made me feel like family and not just a sale. Thanks to her I found my dress and my veil!!!! I would definitely recommend this shop.

Profile Picture Marylou, 1/19/19, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

The service and kindness I received from Rhonda and Hal Alexander was incredible. They take their time to understand and really listen to what you are looking for. Hal Alexander's knowledge of fabrics and fashion was super valuable. If you think you are too overwhelmed and worried to the point of stressing out - like I was, I highly recommend you look for Rhonda and Hal Alexander they are amazing people!

Profile Picture Kitsia, 12/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Rhonda was amazing! She made me feel beautiful in every dress I tried on! She was very knowledgeable. I had been to several places and tried on multiple dresses and Rhonda helped me find the one!

Profile Picture Nicole, 6/9/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Rhônda was amazing!!! Very accommodating!! Not at all pushy like other people and she is very straight forward!!

Profile Picture Kercy , 6/10/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Sample Gowns, Veils, Alterations, Cleaning, Sample Sales

Rhonda is my adopted mother ! Love her to pieces . Extremely the best customer service provided since I stepped foot into the store !

Profile Picture Martina, 10/7/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Alterations

As a bride planning her wedding about a year and 3 months ahead I enjoyed my very first experience here at the store. At first I was hesitant because I went bridal dress shopping on my own, but when I entered David (I believe) made me feel like it was okay to come and look at the dresses in the store. Of course I convinced myself that I could try dresses on. Within minutes I started perusing through the dresses when Rhonda came and found me. She gave me a big smile and asked if she could help me with my selections. She made me feel comfortable, especially since it was my first time doing this for myself. Of course I tried a two dresses on and it was eh, then Rhonda asked if she could select something that she believed was made for me. Within seconds she retuned, She placed me in the mermaid style sleeveless dress in within moments I could not stop staring at myself. I was speechless. Rhonda knew exactly what brought out my personality with the va va voom I was looking for. She described that the dress made me look like I was transitioning from young woman to Woman. She did everything right, down to explaining everything about the dress to me and the process of payments. She did not pressure me into getting the dress but allowed me feel truly special. I will be returning for my dress soon!

Profile Picture Ketlyne, 5/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Undergarments, Veils, Alterations, Cleaning

Rhonda is seriously the best advice to give....look her up at this store she instinctively knows what you will look best in. And she is sooooo much fun.....head and shoulders above any other store experience.

Profile Picture Jacqueline, 3/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I had a great experience at Angelus. They worked with my schedule. Every appointment was ALL about me! I love the size of the shop as well and it is also very organized and does't have an overwhelming amount of gowns. CAN'T wait to wear my dress soon!!!

Profile Picture Iris, 3/10/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Alterations, Bridal Gowns, Bride, Bridesmaids, Mother of Bride

I cannot say enough great things about this place. Rhonda is BEYOND helpful. She helped me find a dress ONE day before I was getting married, literally 24 hours before I was getting married and made sure she could accommodate everything I was looking for. She was knowledgeable, compassionate, and made me VERY excited about what I was doing. I wish I could give her more than 5 stars in all of those categories, she makes you feel like you are the only person in the entire place. She made the entire experience one to never forget. It is hard to find the exceptional customer service that Rhonda provided to us on Thursday February 2, 2017. Incredible experience, she made my special day everything I could have hoped for in LESS than 24 hours. How amazing. Thanks again Rhonda!!!

Profile Picture Brittany, 2/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

This store is amazing!!! Rhonda and her team were extremely helpful and took their time to help me as I tried on different dresses. This was the third bridal shop I visited and I was extremely impressed with the level of service and with the beauty of these dresses.

Profile Picture Harley, 2/1/17, 11 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I used Angelus to purchase bridesmaid gowns. They have a extensive selection with many color options to see. I made a last minute color change and they were able to accommodate my change without hassle.

Profile Picture Patti, 11/19/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Alterations, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Undergarments, Veils, Bridesmaids

THEY ARE AMAZING. I needed a larger dress and they had an incredible selection. I felt comfortable and beautiful and was able to get a dress on the first visit. It was exactly what I was looking for.

Profile Picture Shari, 9/24/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Plus Size Gowns

The women helping me pick out my dress were AMAZING!! My budget was "as cheap as possible" and I told them i had to find something under $500.00. They found me my dream dress for $399 (clearance) and it is perfect for me!

Profile Picture Dawn, 3/13/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Veils, Bride

I didn't know what to expect wedding dress shopping , and it turned out to be quite a pleasant experience. Stephanie was great and I ended up falling in love, and buying the 1st dress I tried on! So, I said "Yes to the Dress", and quite happy I did.

Profile Picture Hildy, 3/12/16, 2 Reviews
4.2

This my experience with them.
My experience with Angelus Bridal was okay. Rhonda and Stephanie were a great help and were knowledgeable about the different dress styles, brands and how the dresses fit depending on body size/shape.

When I needed to change my dress after the first one was already ordered, they worked with me and ordered the dress even though they didn’t have one in-store (truthfully no one did, even though it was by a major brand). I trusted them in selecting the color also because it was not available in ivory/white, but I loved the dress so much that I decided to go with the ivory/champagne, which worked out really well. My dress also arrived a little early.

My biggest issue is when it came time to pay for the new dress and transferring the money that was put down on the previous dress, the owner’s way of calculating that transaction was very confusing to my mother and I. Even a year later it still bothers and confuses me, so just make sure that you speak up (because I didn't) against anything that doesn’t make sense to you while planning your big day. Also, the owner removes the tags (showing the brand name) from all of the dresses, which is illegal and marks up the price.

What was a pleasant experience, I had my dress altered by Ms. Reina who’s located at the back of the store? She also was a pleasure to work with and I recommend her services to you as well. I’ll be using her in the future when I need alterations done on formal attire.

I was talked into buying the Flattering Me Bra which I think was valuable in that I was anxious about picking out the right support wear. The bra is comfortable and very stiff when brand new, so trying wearing it a few times before the big day. Either the bra really conformed me to be a little smaller, or my dress was just a little too big because my dress kept sliding down making the bra visible.

All-in-all, I had an okay experience with them, however still, buyer beware.

Happy Planning!

Profile Picture Tramona, 2/20/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire, Jewelry, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Garters, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Plus Size Gowns, Sample Gowns, Undergarments, Veils, Alterations, Sample Sales, Bride

I had anxiety at the thought of dress shopping. My sister called around to a few dress places to find out who carried a certain designer I was looking for. She spoke to Rhonda and told me that we have to make this location our 1st stop as Rhonda was amazing and helpful over the phone. She was totally right!! I made an appointment and Stephanie and Rhonda were the ones who helped me. I picked out about 10 dresses and Rhonda picked out 2 dresses and told me she wanted me to try them on b/c they would look great on my body type. At 1st look, it seemed like nothing I would want. However, I was very open minded knowing they are the professionals and I tried both of them on and one ended up with my perfect dress! Actually the 2 Rhonda picked out for me were my top 2 choices. Rhonda was there every step of the way and was beyond helpful! My dress was delayed a bit and she remained in communication with me and put me at ease. Rhonda went above and beyond during this process and made my experience amazing. I even had her come to the hotel to help put me in my dress as it was a corset and she was able to tug, nip and push things around to make me look amazing!

Profile Picture User4633718, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Plus Size Gowns, Undergarments, Veils, Bride, Alterations, Cleaning, Preservation

Rhonda, she is the person, lovely and ready to help. Beautiful dresses.

Profile Picture Keith, 9/18/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Cleaning, Preservation, Sample Sales, Bridal Gowns, Undergarments, Veils

If you need a dress this is the place. Rhonda is magnificent.

Profile Picture Marilyn, 9/18/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Angelus Bridal was AMAZING! Rhonda was attentive to all of my needs and kept great communication.

Profile Picture User5086968, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

This is my second time using Angelus Bridal. The first was when I needed a bridesmaids dress for my friend's wedding 3 years ago. I went in a little late and they not only accomodated me, but rush shipped my dress and had it altered perfectly. I was so pleased with the service, I went in for my own wedding dress in February of last year and ended up purchasing the 3rd one I tried on. They listened to what I wanted and helped me pick the perfect dress. They measured me so well that my dress needed no alteration. It fit absolutely perfectly first fitting! Since my mom lives out of state and was visiting me at the time, I wanted to have that experience of dress shopping with my mom and they provided that so well. My wedding on May 30th was flawless and everyone loved my dress!

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/30/15, 6 Reviews
4.7

I got my wedding dress for my May 2015 wedding from Angelus Bridal. They were easy to work with. It was the first store, and I chose the 3rd dress I tried on. I knew exactly what I wanted for my dress, and they had a dress that fit all my requirements. I also got my veil, there which matched my dress perfectly. My dress was the center of the wedding, and I have received so many compliments on how gorgeous it was. They also have other evening dresses, that I will be sure to check out when I have an event to go through.

Profile Picture Danielle, 5/24/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Went here with my whole entourage and had found a dress I was in love with at the previous appointment. It was very hard to beat the dress I had in mind. Deandra helped us and she was such a sweetheart. They have beautiful gowns! I was unable to find something to beat the dress I found so I let my sister use the rest of my appointment time and Deandra couldn't have been nicer about it. I think my sister may have found a dress here!

Profile Picture Samantha, 5/23/15, 3 Reviews
2.2

My daughter found the perfect gown at their store. She said "Yes" to the dress and was sooo excited. The dress came in a few months before her wedding day., Sadly and very unfortunately my daughter passed away two months before her wedding.. This vendor out of all the ones involved with the wedding ( band, photographer, florist, venue, tuxedo, photo booth etc) was THE ONLY ONE WHO DID NOT acknowledge this horrible tradgedy with a card, a call, flowers or a RETURN OF DEPOSIT is dress.. Their comment was " We will try and sell the dress." How horrible!!..Full refunds and cards were sent by everyone else involved with the wedding. They all felt considering this sudden tradgedy and loss was devastating it was the least they could do.
So, my suggestion is find a vendor with a heart who isn't just in it for the money. You never know when their " true personalities" come out!"

Profile Picture Debbie, 5/16/15, 1 Review