Angela Cappetta Reviews

29 | New York, NY

29 Reviews for Angela Cappetta

29 Angela Cappetta Reviews

Cameron · Married on 04/17/2018

I would most definitely recommend Angela! She was able to help my vision come to life and documented my proposal perfectly!

Really enjoyed working with Angela.

She took the job on very short notice, kept in touch constantly, and worked with my idea despite it being somewhat unique.

The pictures were great. High quality and excellent value given the cost.

I would certainly recommend Angela to friends and would use her services again if there was a need.

Sent on 05/15/2015

Angela Cappetta's reply:

Thank you for your kind words and for letting me be an integral part of such a special moment. So happy to help you by photographing you popping the question in Central Park on bended knee on a picture perfect day. Just wonderful.

Angela is a gem. Not only does she have talent in her craft, but she's extremely personable and so much fun! I know quite a few photographers since I have worked in publishing and events for years - I've worked with dozens, in fact. It can be hard to find photographers who are both skilled at their work and also a joy to be around. Angela is both. She also knows how to get the best work out of her subjects. She takes charge and makes sure everyone is cooperating so that her client gets the best possible pictures. Angela also has an extremely unique ability to capture emotion in a millisecond. Looking at her photos from an evening, be it a wedding or any other kind of event, is like reading the story of the night. You understand the emotions from beginning to end, get all the juicy details about what happened, see all the fun and feel all warm and fuzzy inside while recalling the night's festivities. I am so happy to have her as a trusted contact and a friend. Her price range is not as low as some photographers I'd contacted but as they say, you get what you pay for and you do NOT want to skimp on a photographer - especially for a wedding. To make it even better, the album she created for us is seriously magic. It's the most beautiful wedding album ever, and not just because it's mine ;)

Lindsay · Married on 06/28/2014

Angela was an angel!! She was truly one of the biggest players in our wedding process. She was much more than a photographer! She helped plan and schedule, acting as a wedding planner throughout our entire process and big day. The photos that Angela and her assistant, Anton, took were exceptional. They didn't miss a moment!! My husband and I really developed a wonderful relationship with her. We will definitely call on Angela for any big event in our future!!

Ran · Married on 05/21/2014

Angela shot our wedding pics and she’s awesome!
    We’re an Israeli couple who’ve arrived to NYC for a short vacation and to get married. We have some family in NJ, who told us Angela IS A MUST for the occasion. We had some poor experiences with several photographers before, but we’ve heard that Angela is pretty amazing.
    Well, she is! Angela met us on the day of the wedding, but somehow it seemed like we’d known each other for years. Her sense of humor overcame our shyness and so we had no problems opening up and act naturally even though there were dozens of strangers around us. Angela knew exactly what to do, where she wants us to stand and how, in order for us to get the best pics for our special day.
    After the wedding we went celebrating, and Angela recommended a near-by restaurant which had not only superb food, but also superb décor. It was perfect – we enjoyed a delicious meal and had beautiful backgrounds for pics.
    Angela is really wonderful, talented, professional, amazing but also funny and easy going! We’ve had a wonderful day, and we have beautiful pics to proof it!
    Lior & Ran

Jeff · Married on 10/05/2013

Angela delivered everything we wanted and more. Her talent and skill is obvious by looking at her portfolio. What's not immediately clear yet equally important is the level of professionalism and passion she brings to the project. She took time to get to know us first, which helped make her approach more personal. During the wedding and party afterward, she was able to get outstanding shots without disrupting the flow of the evening. The most pleasant surprise was her charm and personality. Our guests LOVED her, as do we. The photos are fantastic...and so is she. Can't say enough good things about her. Feel free to contact me for more details if needed: jwleenyc@mac.com (JEFF LEE)

Sarah · Married on 04/20/2013

No hesitation giving Angela a perfect score! She was a joy to work with--we loved her, our guests loved her (and her second shooter Fernando)--and we couldn't have been happier with the results. Just the style we wanted to capture unguarded moments among the guests and the grandeur of our venue.

Jeein · Married on 04/19/2013

Angela is so so awesome! She was so fun to work with and was so attentive to what we wanted on our wedding day. She was like the missing link to our wedding party. It was very intimate and our parents were meeting for the first time. She really helped lighten up the mood! She's really smart and super funny too! The photos were really great - a lot of them made me tear. They were not fancy staged photos. It's not what we wanted. We wanted to capture the moment in it's innocence and the pictures do just that. They are very tender and touching. If you are looking for photos that capture a moment in a journalistic way and are very real, Angela is perfect for you. We can't wait to see our photos framed!

I was looking for a photographer to capture a friends 50th birthday dinner at Bouley in New York City in January 2013. After a bit of research, Angela came up as my first choice.

Her documentary style of photography really appealed to me and the results were amazing.

Through the briefing and booking process Angela responded thoughtfully, professionally and warmly. Angela understood what we required, and certainly delivered on it that night.

Angela participated in the event in a very subtle manner, at times documenting the action unobtrusively. At time stopping us so she could capture the perfect shot. In addition Angela capture a series of details of the restaurant or the hotel we had pre-dinner drinks at (Greenwich Hotel), so that the final image collection can tell the story of the night.

I unreservedly recommend her if you are looking for unusual photographs with artistic integrity that are on brief.

Sent on 02/10/2013

Angela Cappetta's reply:

Thank you Jarther! I'll always clear my calender for you. Here is a link to your album, so you can visit it anytime. So glad to have been part of your gang's whirlwind trip around the globe. http://angelacappetta.blogspot.com/2013/01/our-gang-is-tight.html

Eva · Married on 12/28/2012

Angela was very professional, made us feel completely at ease and was a pleasure to have around on our 'special day.' Her photography style allows her to capture the event as it happens rather than lots of staged shots (although you can have this if you like). This gives you a natural sequence of shots and we have plenty that we have shared with family and friends who were really impressed also. Angela is quick and precise when responding to e-mails. I felt that we could completely rely on her professionalism which was priceless when you have so many other things to think about. I would highly recommend her and wish her continued success in all areas of her work.

Kendra · Married on 12/28/2012

Easy and enjoyable to work with Angela. Would recommend to anyone. Beautiful photography!

Angela shot our city hall elopement and we couldn't be happier. She was there to greet us when we arrived and stayed late to make sure we got the photos we wanted. My partner and I have been together for a long time and we decided to get married last minute, we disnt want to make a fuss, but we wanted it to be special, and Angela was one of the reasons it was so special. If that wasn't enough, she even had the photos ready for us by the end if the week. We're having a hard time narrowing down a few for the album, there are simply no bad pictures. We love what Angela gave us, she is a true talent.

Angélique · Married on 12/12/2012

Angela Cappetta was fantastic on our wedding day! Our pictures are unique, beautiful, and most importantly, alive. I strongly recommend following her suggestions for shots, as she is truly an artist. If you want something more than the typical "Point-And-Shoot" look to your wedding pictures, go with Angela.

Joan · Married on 09/15/2012

Angela was that perfect combination of professional and accommodating. She cheerfully worked with whatever last minute changes came her way. She made us and everything about our wedding feel beautiful. She didn't leave a single person out of the photos. And, most importantly, the results are fabulous. Spontaneous and artful all at once.

Helene · Married on 11/06/2011

I cannot begin to say how glad I am that I chose Angela Cappetta to shoot my wedding. From the start, Angela was warm, enthusiastic, professional, friendly, and really listened to us when we met for our initial consultation. She worked with us and made us feel confident that we'd be in good hands on the day of the wedding. From the time we first signed our contract (about a year before the wedding) to the wedding day, Angela stayed in contact with me, which was reassuring and made me feel very special (particularly as many of the wedding industry vendors I've come across are not so responsive or will give that personal touch). On the wedding day, Angela and her wonderful assistant Allison arrived early and, for the rest of the night, were working their butts off to get the best shots and to ensure that our itinerary was covered. But best of all, Angela and Allison were just lovely to be around. It sincerely felt like friends were doing our photos, only amazingly talented artistic friends! Angela was also super prompt in getting our photos back to us, and we are IN LOVE with the product.

I had a pretty streamlined, no-frills wedding -- that's our style and that's what we wanted. We had few splurges and the one I do not regret in the least was hiring Angela. I'd recommend her, enthusiastically and without reservation, to anyone who wants a bad a$!? photographer who will capture, in photodocumentary style, those moments that will slip by you on your wedding day. With every photo that we have, I can look back and know that those memories will forever be there for us to treasure. Angela is DA BOMB. Hire her. You will not regret it!

Chiqui · Married on 09/24/2011

Angela is truly an artist. She captured our wedding in Montauk in all the subtle details that made it a unique experience. She was painstakingly organized and knowledgeable about how best to achieve our vision. She made it all work in our budget and I cannot emphasize how amazing the results were. She captured precious moments in delicate detail that my wife and I hadn't really noticed until we were going through the images. I would recommend her highly for any event that you would like to preserve in painterly detail. My wife and I are kind of obsessed with her work now so we cannot recommend her enough. AC rocks!

• ravenmad

Raven & Danny · Married on 07/09/2011

Angela Cappetta shot our friend's wedding and we loved her so much we booked her for our own. Booking Angela was the best decision! I did a lot of the wedding on a budget but I definitely wanted to splurge on the photographs. Even though I was ready to "splurge" when I spoke to Angela she was very accommodating with my budget. The quality of Angela's work is truly amazing. She shoots only in film and develops the pics herself, which is so much more work and more impressive than just shooting digital like 98% of the wedding photographers out there. She really knows how to capture the action, and each picture really does tell a story. If you are looking for a photographer that will capture the fun, love, and excitement of your wedding day then choose Angela. If you only want standard posed pics then she should not be your choice. But if you do book her you will not be disappointed.

DonnaMarie · Married on 11/13/2010

Screw traditional, cookie-cutter, boring "everyone look at me and smile!" wedding photography. These pictures capture moments and emotions that are lost in standard wedding fare. Angela is an artistic genius and her eye is phenominal. Not to mention that she is an absolute riot and a dream to work with. You're a fool *not* to hire her!! I'll send you my wedding pics if you don't believe me (missingdm@gmail.com). She is one of the only expenses we splurged on and she was worth every penny!

MaryAnne · Married on 10/08/2010

Angela was such a joy to work with. My husband and I knew immediately after meeting Angela that we were in good hands for our wedding day. She is extremely professional but also down to earth and a pleasure to be around. She did a spectacular job on the photos for our wedding day AND our engagement photo shoot. In addition to being an extremely talented photographer, Angela was so much fun to have at our wedding. Many of our guests have commented on how great our wedding photos are. Thank you Angela!

• Autumn

Autumn · Married on 07/18/2010

I live in Qatar, my partner lives in Saudi Arabia, and our wedding was in Turkey--so we had quite a few logistical challenges! But Angela was a dream to work with. Through Skype and email she helped me stay on track and resolve issues as they popped up, and overall kept me sane and reassured. I met her for the first time when she arrived in Turkey, but by then she felt like a friend. On the wedding day, she took charge and helped me through the stress, even chasing off some pushy strangers. She charmed all our guests and everyone was relaxed and comfortable around her.

I could rave on and on about her wonderful personal qualities--there many of them! As for the images she caught from our wedding, they speak for themselves. They are lush, unexpected, alive with movement, and very distinctly Angela. I'm thoroughly delighted, and so happy she photographed my wedding!

Sent on 09/07/2010

Angela Cappetta's reply:

You are both jewels of the middle east. I loved everything about your wedding and about yourselves. I am so deeply thankful you let me into this magnificent slice of your lives. Thank you so much!

Michelle · Married on 12/04/2009

Angela is an amazing photographer with a slice of life photography style that defines cutting edge wedding photography. When you hire Angela, you get a unique and gifted photographer that isn't going to churn out cookie cutter wedding photographs. She is spontaneous, fun, articulate and professional. Angela will get all the shots that you expect and then many other amazing moments on top of that. You will be certain to get amazing photography on your wedding day if you hire Angela. We give Angela five stars!

Lucy · Married on 06/19/2009

Angela is AMAZING! She is so full of life and it shows in her photography through the people she photographs. Angela is professional and a true artist. We are nothing but happy with the photos from our wedding day! Lucy and Chris Paul

Margaret · Married on 10/04/2008

Angela shot our wedding at City Hall in New York and our larger even in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. She handled both affairs with fluidity and poise. The City Hall event was just six people, followed by an intimate lunch with friends and family, whereas the Mexico wedding was a large event with two dress changes and three bands, and she executed the photography of each with style and flair. Now we don't have just one album we can't stop looking at, but two. Thanks to Angela, our pictures are more than I could have ever imagined. Her work is beautiful and she's also a fantastic person inside and out.

Deborah · Married on 09/10/2005

Angela's work is magnificent. I chose Angela for my wedding after interviewing numerous photographers, because I felt that her photos had a lasting quality that I did not see in other photographers' work in this genre. I felt that Angela's photos would remain interesting for years to come. Her images are photojournalistic, warm and edgy all at once, a combination that is perfect for a wedding but very hard to find. Angela is not only a wedding photographer, but also exhibits and does commercial work. Her works are included in some important collections. Angela herself has the kind of presence needed for shooting a wedding. She keeps everyone feeling upbeat and happy, even when they are posing. I found Angela to be flexible and easy to work with. I have had Angela back to do numerous additional shoots over the years.

Loredana` · Married on 05/10/2003

Almost 8 years ago I went to a photographer friend of mine and asked if he knew a wedding photographer. He referred me to one, Angela Cappetta. My then fiance and I made an appointment to see her work and meet the lovely Angela at her apartment downtown. We walked into a stunning building and KNEW this was going to be good! Angela greeted us at the door with her bigger than life personality. She was bubbly, chatty, friendly and most of all PASSIONATE about EVERYTHING! As a fellow Italian, I felt an instant connection. My fiance and I looked through her work and saw that the pictures were amazing and they were personal. You knew the story each was trying to tell. Angela knows how to capture her subject. Another plus for us was that Angela spoke Italian and was able to communicate with family both here and from overseas. If it were not being so tall, she was like one of my family. I can't say enough good things about this wonderful, talented woman. I respect her to the end.

Sent on 09/07/2010

Angela Cappetta's reply:

This is wonderful. Thank you so much for such an incredible review. I loved making your album with you two; your artists' eyes made it even more fun. Anche, tutti i Italiani insieme sono pazzi e bellissimi.