Andy Booth Productions Reviews

78 | Pittsburgh, PA

78 Reviews for Andy Booth Productions

Ray Vc · Married on 10/26/2019

Andy was great

Andy was great to work with for our wedding. He was really flexible, responsive, super straightforward, and best of all he did a great job playing the music we asked for and filling in the gaps. Wedding planning requires intense attention to detail for almost an endless number of items. Managing all of the details around the music was really fun because Andy made it fun. The online interface he has to manage our playlist was super helpful. He took all of our recommendations and then filled in the gaps appropriately. If you’re a typical millennial looking for a great mix of music from the 1950’s- present day, I recommend you hire Andy Booth. If you want a DJ who can help you develop a fun playlist (of any genera) and who will be exceptionally responsive to your needs - Andy Booth is the man for that. He made our wedding awesome.

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline Melby · Married on 07/27/2019

Awesome DJ!

Andy is a complete joy to work with and I highly recommend him! Planning a wedding is stressful and while other vendors gave me some heartburn, Andy never did. He's very collaborative in the planning process. I chose a play list that spanned many generations since our guests ranged from age 17-92 years old. Our guests tore up the dance floor because no matter what song I picked, Andy knew immediately the next song or two to complement it so people kept dancing. There were two major things that I wanted to happen at my wedding. . .one was good food and the other was for people to dance all night. Luckily, I chose the right DJ for the job and they had to kick us out of the venue before we stopped dancing. Well done, Andy! Thanks for making our special day even better!

Sent on 08/12/2019
  • Bonnie

Bonnie Davis · Married on 04/13/2019

Perfect Evening

Deciding to choose Andy was a great decision for our wedding. Our event was a short service with an intimate dinner and dancing. Andy was able to accommodate the space, provide the right music, and help the night run seamlessly. He was easy to work with and willing to answer questions leading up to the event. His step by step planning guide was easy to use and I knew we were in great hands. I would definitely recommend using Andy Booth for any music needs and all events.

Sent on 09/01/2019

Jenna Leber · Married on 11/10/2018

Great experience!

Planning my wedding was a bit more difficult for me as I was planning it in a city in which I do not live. Therefore, I mostly relied on recommendations from friends, the internet, and my other vendors in order to piece together my day. I had multiple other vendors recommend Andy as a DJ so I knew I was in good hands. Andy was very flexible and easy to work with considering we never had the chance to meet in person prior to the wedding day. He was open to suggestions from us but also was there to provide guidance when we needed it. Everything on our wedding day went off without a hitch and it couldn't have been better! I would recommend Andy without hesitation to anyone planning their wedding

Sent on 07/29/2019

Alana · Married on 05/26/2018

Andy was great! His online tool for planning was very user-friendly and gave us every opportunity to make sure we were prepared. I was afraid that I'd overlook some minor detail, but it was truly fool-proof! He was available to answer emails and meet in person to discuss our ideas/requests. He was also available to give us some advice when we were unsure of how certain moments of the night would go. Most importantly, he was patient with us when we added last minute changes the week of the wedding (adding uplights which ended up being beautiful, and adding song splices for our bridal party). Very friendly. Very professional. All guests had a blast thanks to his smooth transitions and awesome dance floor environment!

Sent on 07/02/2018

Kelli · Married on 11/18/2017

Andy Booth was an incredible DJ and super flexible with all of our various requests for the reception! Everyone kept asking us who our DJ was and I'd recommend him to everyone!

Sent on 12/07/2017

hallie · Married on 10/20/2017

We met Andy 5 years ago when he did my Sister’s wedding. She loved him, we loved him and he’s basically part of the family! Since then, he has done a corporate event for me, my cousin’s wedding then our wedding this October. I couldn’t have imagined anyone else other than Andy. It was exactly as we imagined.

Sent on 11/20/2017

Matt · Married on 10/14/2017

We had a diverse group of people in terms of age and music preferences and we were very impressed at Andy’s ability to get so many people dancing! We also had a choreographed dance as well and Andy helped us make sure it went without a hitch, thanks again Andy!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Natalie · Married on 10/07/2017

A true professional, Andy made our day very special!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Michael · Married on 10/07/2017

Andy was a wonderful DJ to work with during our wedding. He made the process very simple.

Sent on 12/08/2017

Ashley · Married on 07/15/2017

Andy was so professional and easy to work with! He had everyone up dancing from the first song to the last! Amazing! I would highly recommend Andy Booth!

Sent on 11/24/2017

Brittany · Married on 07/01/2017

We hired Andy as our wedding DJ (July 2017) and we could not have been more pleased!!! He is a true professional in every sense of the word, not to mention wonderfully flexible. Though we live in DC, Andy made it a priority to meet with us during our trips home to Pittsburgh and truly took the time to understand our vision for the evening. Our wedding was seamless from start to finish, and we attribute much of this to Andy's expertise. Multiple guests later commented on what an outstanding job he did keeping the party going. With that said, we would highly recommend him to anyone. We can't thank Andy enough for making our day perfect!

Sent on 07/16/2017

Tara · Married on 03/04/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Andy! He is not only a great DJ, but he is just a wonderful person. When you book Andy you don't just get a wedding DJ, you get a friend for life! Seriously, Andy always has prior brides/grooms running up to him at other weddings for pictures and he remembers each and every one of them.

Andy is incredibly responsive to any questions you may have prior to the wedding. As others have said, he gives your event a very classy vibe, but still keeps the dance floor packed. He really takes the time to get a feel for what you have in mind for your event and is responsive to any requests that you may have. Andy also will help you set up a reception timeline and keep you on schedule for the evening, which is great, especially for brides that don't use wedding coordinators. I could say more, but really, just book him. You won't regret it!

Sent on 03/15/2017

Andy did an amazing job. Exactly what I was wanting. Not hokey or a club DJ :) Andy was very responsive to our emails and met with us a few times to go over music and go over event set up and lighting. Andy made us feel really at ease and was able to execute what we wanted without us having to be too detailed in our request... i.e. we told him the general feel of what we wanted, plus a few songs we definitely did / did not want, and he delivered. You are in GREAT hands if you book with Andy.

Sent on 07/12/2016

Coleen · Married on 04/23/2016

Andy is the simply the best! He was really helpful to us when it came to making suggestions and allowing us to feel heard. He didn't put down any of our ideas, but listened and provided helpful comments when needed. My husband and I had some pretty specific requests with music for the ceremony and the reception and Andy was able to make everything happen! We had SO many compliments from our guests, old and young, about what a great DJ Andy was! We've had several people ask us for his information! He had the dance floor packed the entire night! Thanks, Andy!

Sent on 06/10/2016

Katherine · Married on 04/16/2016

Andy is the best of the best! He is professional, competent and compassionate. I couldn't recommend him more highly. He made my wedding dreams come true by keeping the dance floor PACKED!!!!

Sent on 05/02/2016

Nicole · Married on 03/19/2016

The BEST DJ in the Pittsburgh area. He has a great taste in music and an ability to feel out the crowed that is second to none. Andy is the nicest guy who just wants the bride to be happy. He works so well with other vendors which makes the planning process 10x easier. His online music selection database he uses is THE COOLEST. There's something about Andy you trust. He cares. He is not about the flash and the bling and the "all about me and the music" like a lot of DJs. He is professional and HE KNOWS WEDDINGS!!!

You won't regret going with Andy at Andy Booth Productions. I also hear he teaches a great spin class ;) he can whip you into shape before your wedding and then help you dance the night away!! Not to mention he brings his daughter occasionally as an assistant and she is awesome.

Can't recommend Andy enough!

Sent on 04/27/2016

Christa · Married on 11/07/2015

I don't have enough good things to say about Andy Booth Productions, He made our wedding a wonderful night and was just top notch. He was so easy to work with, and on the way of the wedding put us at ease the entire evening. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 12/28/2015

Katherine · Married on 09/12/2015

Hands down, Andy was the MVP of our wedding. I can't speak highly enough of his professionalism, accommodating nature, and frankly just how awesome he is as a person and as the MC/DJ for our wedding.

From the start, Andy was incredibly knowledgeable - I was the stereotypical out of town bride stressed out about so many decisions. His wealth of experience and approach to not only myself and my now husband but to my parents throughout the planning process was flawless - calming, accessible, responsive, and professional. He gave great insight and was able to provide suggestions that ended up making the flow of our reception exactly what we envisioned (but couldn't articulate).

Our reception was a massive hit, and I attribute the vast majority of it to Andy. Our venue ended up with a power outage which affected Andy's equipment during dinner, but he was calm, collected, and totally had it under control (which brought major relief to us!). I didn't even notice when we got the music back - he didn't miss a beat (no pun intended). Once dinner was finished, it was a freaking ball. He read the crowd perfectly and had the dance floor full the entire night (when we got kicked out at 1am we had 60 people still dancing). We had a diverse crowd (Texans, Jamaicans, Canadians, you name it) and every single song that came on was a perfect seamless transition and kept the mood just right.

I cannot recommend Andy highly enough - I wish I could add a sixth star to this review. If a crowded dance floor is important to you and your family on your special day, Andy is a slam dunk.

A note for brides with picky dads: My dad is a tough customer - always has been and always will be. As the ultimate host of the night, he had extremely high expectations for all of our vendors. After we met with Andy the month before our wedding to walk through the first dances, entry songs, etc., my dad said with a smile, "We're in good hands with Andy." And right he was :)

Sent on 12/30/2015

Andy was great! He really threw one heck of a party for us! Even stayed late since we were all partying down! Andy started off as a vendor and has become a good friend. I would recommend him to anyone in the Pittsburgh area!

Sent on 12/30/2015

Meredith · Married on 06/13/2015

Andy was AMAZING! He played everything that we requested on our planning site and then expanded from that. The dance floor was packed all night. He knew the songs that we did not want played and those songs were never heard, even if they were requested by our guests. He was professional, fun, and energetic. Andy responded to our emails and phone calls quickly and it was very important to him that he knew the bridal party's names and how to pronounce them. When it was decided that we needed an extra hour of DJ, Andy had no issues with staying that extra hour and he kept the party going.

Sent on 07/06/2015

Carrie · Married on 11/15/2014

Andy was a joy to work with and made our wedding reception better than we could have imagined! We debated and interviewed many bands before deciding we really wanted the flexibility of a DJ for song variety and the fact that our cocktail hour and reception were on different floors. From our first phone call with Andy we knew we wanted to work with him! He was professional, super fun, and kept our guests (from our grandparents to our friends to our high school cousins) on the dance floor all night!!! We wanted an elegant event and that is exactly what we got with Andy! We would recommend him (and have!) to anyone getting married!

Sent on 11/30/2014

Andy was the first person we called after the engagement. He is a total professional, and really knows his stuff.

Sent on 11/08/2014

Rachel · Married on 10/18/2014

Andy was the DJ for my sisters wedding and as soon as I got engaged we emailed him to see if he was available! He knows the crowd and what they want! The set up is so sleek that you hardly even notice it's there! The volume is never painful for the ears for those who don't like it too loud, but still makes for a great party!

Sent on 11/23/2014

Shayne · Married on 09/20/2014

Andy was the second vendor that I called after we got engaged! I've known Andy for several years now. (He's one of my go-to DJs as a wedding planner.) Wedding upon wedding is flawlessly run thanks to him and that experience was no different, even as the bride. Prior to the wedding, Andy's online tools are a wonderful way to begin planning your event music. His library of songs seem endless. (I have unique tastes in music- specifically a love for classical and instrumental tunes. He had no problem finding some of my favorites and incorporating them into our dinner.) What impresses me most about Andy is not only his ability to read a crowd and respond to their music needs, but also his ability to manage timing and logistics. Andy kept in contact with us all evening long. He checked in with our parents, speakers and ourselves prior to any planned moments to ensure that we were prepared and present, he lined the bridal party up for entrances and even made on-the-spot adjustments to accommodate last minute requests the night-of.

My husband and I cannot thank Andy enough! Book him and you will be thrilled with the experience. His professionalism and organization, along with his knowledge and appreciation for music, result in a packed dance floor and a smooth and unforgettable evening!

Sent on 11/24/2014