73 Reviews for Andy Booth Productions

MC (5)
One Event Per Day (5)
Uplighting (3)
73 Andy Booth Productions Reviews

Andy was great! His online tool for planning was very user-friendly and gave us every opportunity to make sure we were prepared. I was afraid that I'd overlook some minor detail, but it was truly fool-proof! He was available to answer emails and meet in person to discuss our ideas/requests. He was also available to give us some advice when we were unsure of how certain moments of the night would go. Most importantly, he was patient with us when we added last minute changes the week of the wedding (adding uplights which ended up being beautiful, and adding song splices for our bridal party). Very friendly. Very professional. All guests had a blast thanks to his smooth transitions and awesome dance floor environment!

Profile Picture Alana, 5/26/18, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Andy Booth was an incredible DJ and super flexible with all of our various requests for the reception! Everyone kept asking us who our DJ was and I'd recommend him to everyone!

Profile Picture Kelli, 11/18/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We met Andy 5 years ago when he did my Sister’s wedding. She loved him, we loved him and he’s basically part of the family! Since then, he has done a corporate event for me, my cousin’s wedding then our wedding this October. I couldn’t have imagined anyone else other than Andy. It was exactly as we imagined.

Profile Picture hallie, 10/20/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We had a diverse group of people in terms of age and music preferences and we were very impressed at Andy’s ability to get so many people dancing! We also had a choreographed dance as well and Andy helped us make sure it went without a hitch, thanks again Andy!

Profile Picture Matt, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

A true professional, Andy made our day very special!

Profile Picture Natalie, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Andy was a wonderful DJ to work with during our wedding. He made the process very simple.

Profile Picture Michael, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Andy was so professional and easy to work with! He had everyone up dancing from the first song to the last! Amazing! I would highly recommend Andy Booth!

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We hired Andy as our wedding DJ (July 2017) and we could not have been more pleased!!! He is a true professional in every sense of the word, not to mention wonderfully flexible. Though we live in DC, Andy made it a priority to meet with us during our trips home to Pittsburgh and truly took the time to understand our vision for the evening. Our wedding was seamless from start to finish, and we attribute much of this to Andy's expertise. Multiple guests later commented on what an outstanding job he did keeping the party going. With that said, we would highly recommend him to anyone. We can't thank Andy enough for making our day perfect!

Profile Picture Brittany, 7/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I cannot say enough good things about Andy! He is not only a great DJ, but he is just a wonderful person. When you book Andy you don't just get a wedding DJ, you get a friend for life! Seriously, Andy always has prior brides/grooms running up to him at other weddings for pictures and he remembers each and every one of them.

Andy is incredibly responsive to any questions you may have prior to the wedding. As others have said, he gives your event a very classy vibe, but still keeps the dance floor packed. He really takes the time to get a feel for what you have in mind for your event and is responsive to any requests that you may have. Andy also will help you set up a reception timeline and keep you on schedule for the evening, which is great, especially for brides that don't use wedding coordinators. I could say more, but really, just book him. You won't regret it!

Profile Picture User7908962, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List

So Easy to work with! He really wants to make sure your night runs smoothly; even past his music.

Profile Picture User6489723, 1+ year ago, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Andy did an amazing job. Exactly what I was wanting. Not hokey or a club DJ :) Andy was very responsive to our emails and met with us a few times to go over music and go over event set up and lighting. Andy made us feel really at ease and was able to execute what we wanted without us having to be too detailed in our request... i.e. we told him the general feel of what we wanted, plus a few songs we definitely did / did not want, and he delivered. You are in GREAT hands if you book with Andy.

Profile Picture Lilly, 6/25/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Andy is the simply the best! He was really helpful to us when it came to making suggestions and allowing us to feel heard. He didn't put down any of our ideas, but listened and provided helpful comments when needed. My husband and I had some pretty specific requests with music for the ceremony and the reception and Andy was able to make everything happen! We had SO many compliments from our guests, old and young, about what a great DJ Andy was! We've had several people ask us for his information! He had the dance floor packed the entire night! Thanks, Andy!

Profile Picture Coleen, 4/23/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Andy is the best of the best! He is professional, competent and compassionate. I couldn't recommend him more highly. He made my wedding dreams come true by keeping the dance floor PACKED!!!!

Profile Picture Katherine, 4/16/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

The BEST DJ in the Pittsburgh area. He has a great taste in music and an ability to feel out the crowed that is second to none. Andy is the nicest guy who just wants the bride to be happy. He works so well with other vendors which makes the planning process 10x easier. His online music selection database he uses is THE COOLEST. There's something about Andy you trust. He cares. He is not about the flash and the bling and the "all about me and the music" like a lot of DJs. He is professional and HE KNOWS WEDDINGS!!!

You won't regret going with Andy at Andy Booth Productions. I also hear he teaches a great spin class ;) he can whip you into shape before your wedding and then help you dance the night away!! Not to mention he brings his daughter occasionally as an assistant and she is awesome.

Can't recommend Andy enough!

Profile Picture Nicole, 3/19/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

I don't have enough good things to say about Andy Booth Productions, He made our wedding a wonderful night and was just top notch. He was so easy to work with, and on the way of the wedding put us at ease the entire evening. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Profile Picture Christa, 11/7/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Hands down, Andy was the MVP of our wedding. I can't speak highly enough of his professionalism, accommodating nature, and frankly just how awesome he is as a person and as the MC/DJ for our wedding.

From the start, Andy was incredibly knowledgeable - I was the stereotypical out of town bride stressed out about so many decisions. His wealth of experience and approach to not only myself and my now husband but to my parents throughout the planning process was flawless - calming, accessible, responsive, and professional. He gave great insight and was able to provide suggestions that ended up making the flow of our reception exactly what we envisioned (but couldn't articulate).

Our reception was a massive hit, and I attribute the vast majority of it to Andy. Our venue ended up with a power outage which affected Andy's equipment during dinner, but he was calm, collected, and totally had it under control (which brought major relief to us!). I didn't even notice when we got the music back - he didn't miss a beat (no pun intended). Once dinner was finished, it was a freaking ball. He read the crowd perfectly and had the dance floor full the entire night (when we got kicked out at 1am we had 60 people still dancing). We had a diverse crowd (Texans, Jamaicans, Canadians, you name it) and every single song that came on was a perfect seamless transition and kept the mood just right.

I cannot recommend Andy highly enough - I wish I could add a sixth star to this review. If a crowded dance floor is important to you and your family on your special day, Andy is a slam dunk.

A note for brides with picky dads: My dad is a tough customer - always has been and always will be. As the ultimate host of the night, he had extremely high expectations for all of our vendors. After we met with Andy the month before our wedding to walk through the first dances, entry songs, etc., my dad said with a smile, "We're in good hands with Andy." And right he was :)

Profile Picture Katherine, 9/12/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Andy was great! He really threw one heck of a party for us! Even stayed late since we were all partying down! Andy started off as a vendor and has become a good friend. I would recommend him to anyone in the Pittsburgh area!

Profile Picture User6112565, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Andy came recommended as a fantastic DJ by a friend and we were not disappointed. He kept the crowd dancing, played the songs we wanted and did a great job of determining the best requests from our guests. Because of his reputation, we were willing to pay more than the price for the other DJs we researched. We were not disappointed.

Throughout the planning process, Andy was incredibly accessible and helped us with all of our questions. Overall, a great experience.

Profile Picture Erin, 7/27/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Andy was AMAZING! He played everything that we requested on our planning site and then expanded from that. The dance floor was packed all night. He knew the songs that we did not want played and those songs were never heard, even if they were requested by our guests. He was professional, fun, and energetic. Andy responded to our emails and phone calls quickly and it was very important to him that he knew the bridal party's names and how to pronounce them. When it was decided that we needed an extra hour of DJ, Andy had no issues with staying that extra hour and he kept the party going.

Profile Picture Meredith, 6/13/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Andy was a joy to work with and made our wedding reception better than we could have imagined! We debated and interviewed many bands before deciding we really wanted the flexibility of a DJ for song variety and the fact that our cocktail hour and reception were on different floors. From our first phone call with Andy we knew we wanted to work with him! He was professional, super fun, and kept our guests (from our grandparents to our friends to our high school cousins) on the dance floor all night!!! We wanted an elegant event and that is exactly what we got with Andy! We would recommend him (and have!) to anyone getting married!

Profile Picture Carrie, 11/15/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We really enjoyed having Andy as our DJ. He is such a cool guy, and we had a ton of fun getting to know him. He is so accessible to communicate with and usually would respond to emails within a couple hours. Andy did a great job during our dinner music- several people had come up to me complimenting his choices! And the dance floor was absolutely packed all night ! The only criticisms I could make would be that we had several songs that were on our "absolutely must play" list that were missed. I had also made a few extra special requests a week or so before that he said were not a problem and they were missed. Several songs that were not "must plays" were played instead. That was somewhat disappointing to us, since we were waiting all night for some songs that had great sentimental value. Otherwise, we danced the night away !!

Profile Picture User4495520, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Andy was the first person we called after the engagement. He is a total professional, and really knows his stuff.

Profile Picture User3238918, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Andy was the DJ for my sisters wedding and as soon as I got engaged we emailed him to see if he was available! He knows the crowd and what they want! The set up is so sleek that you hardly even notice it's there! The volume is never painful for the ears for those who don't like it too loud, but still makes for a great party!

Profile Picture Rachel, 10/18/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Andy was the second vendor that I called after we got engaged! I've known Andy for several years now. (He's one of my go-to DJs as a wedding planner.) Wedding upon wedding is flawlessly run thanks to him and that experience was no different, even as the bride. Prior to the wedding, Andy's online tools are a wonderful way to begin planning your event music. His library of songs seem endless. (I have unique tastes in music- specifically a love for classical and instrumental tunes. He had no problem finding some of my favorites and incorporating them into our dinner.) What impresses me most about Andy is not only his ability to read a crowd and respond to their music needs, but also his ability to manage timing and logistics. Andy kept in contact with us all evening long. He checked in with our parents, speakers and ourselves prior to any planned moments to ensure that we were prepared and present, he lined the bridal party up for entrances and even made on-the-spot adjustments to accommodate last minute requests the night-of.

My husband and I cannot thank Andy enough! Book him and you will be thrilled with the experience. His professionalism and organization, along with his knowledge and appreciation for music, result in a packed dance floor and a smooth and unforgettable evening!

Profile Picture Shayne, 9/20/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Andy was absolutely amazing. He is one of the only vendors that I did not stress about prior to our wedding. He is not only an awesome DJ, but a great MC and provided a great flow to our reception. In fact, when I was a little bit stressed out about being late to our reception he calmed me down letting me know that nothing starts without the bride! He has great taste in music and he worked our "must plays" into the night flawlessly. Our guests were on the dance floor all night, both young and older guests alike. In addition to his talent as a DJ, he is a truly nice guy- we loved working with Andy!

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/6/14, 1 Review