Andrew Jackson's Hermitage, Home of the People's President Reviews

39 | Hermitage, TN

39 Reviews for Andrew Jackson's Hermitage, Home of the People's President

39 Andrew Jackson's Hermitage, Home of the People's President Reviews

Nicki · Married on 10/12/2018

The Hermitage is absolutely beautiful. Kellie has been fabulous with helping us plan our special fay.

• SealedTheTeele

Ashley · Married on 09/22/2018

When looking for a venue/event space for our wedding we fell in love with The Hermitage. The pictures online are gorgeous but it's even MORE gorgeous when you see it in person--you will be blown away. We live out-of-state so we were doing a lot of emailing back and forth with Erica, the event director/planner. She was REALLY helpful in answering all of my questions; she even let me get her opinion on a few things as well as bounce ideas off of her. *THANK YOU FOR THAT*
    We met with Erica 2 weeks before our wedding day, toured the grounds and areas we would be using. We felt VERY well taken care of and any of the loose ends/questions we had she was already tying them up, finding solutions or had an answer. Our wedding day was like a dream come true. She and her team truly knocked it out of the park. My husband said it was as though they had a copy of my vision and how I wanted the space set-up and they HUSTLED to make it happen. If they told me they waved a magic wand I would have believed them. It was that amazing.

Amber Lynn · Married on 12/02/2017

Just wow. I cannot say enough amazing things about this venue. Most of all, the team was absolutely incredible. I felt such a personal experience without a Erica, and it made all the difference. Best day of my life. Couldn't have found a more perfect match.

Andrew Jackson's Hermitage, Home of the People's President 1
    Andrew Jackson's Hermitage, Home of the People's President 2
    Andrew Jackson's Hermitage, Home of the People's President 3
    Andrew Jackson's Hermitage, Home of the People's President 4
    Andrew Jackson's Hermitage, Home of the People's President 5

Lindsey · Married on 07/15/2017

Words cannot express how wonderful our experience was with the Hermitage! Erica, Kellie and the other staff we worked with, helped me to finalize all of our plans and brought all my ideas to life! They communicated with me all the time, and were very organized. They made our wedding day and whole experience go so smoothly. They were so accommodating and helped in every way possible. Not to mention, The Hermitage is one of the most beautiful places in Nashville! Our photos are stunning because of the beautiful location. We had a lot of out of town guests, and they enjoyed touring the grounds before hand. Love love love that we chose to have our wedding and reception here!

Christine · Married on 11/19/2016

We were so thrilled with our experience at The Hermitage. We booked The Hermitage without seeing it in advance, and we ended up being so pleased with how everything turned out for our wedding day (11/19/2016). We chose an outdoor ceremony at dusk on the lawn, and our reception at Cabin by the Spring. It was truly a treasured experience for us and our guests. The ceremony was beautiful and peaceful at dusk under the trees. The intimacy of the cabin and ambiance with wood-burning fireplaces was unique for our guests. We loved the historic, rustic and authentic nature of the site. We have stunning photos under the fall trees, against cabin stone-work, and in the cotton field. The team was very accommodating and helpful from start to finish. Shannon was a joy to work with. It is a dream come true that the venue provides day of coordinating. I highly recommend The Hermitage for an authentic, rustic feel and a professional, excellent team.

Katie · Married on 05/21/2016

Cabin by the Spring was the perfect location for our wedding and reception. The staff was wonderful to work with and very accommodating when planning our wedding. We have had so many people contact us since the wedding and tell us it was the best wedding they had ever been to and that they loved the location!! Thank you Ben and Emily!

Kellie · Married on 09/26/2015

Our wedding was a dream come true at Andrew Jackson's Hermitage! Our ceremony took place at the historic Hermitage Church followed by the reception at the Tulip Grove Mansion. Both spaces were charming and beautiful, but even more impressive was the staff. Our Wedding Coordinator Emily Piepenbrink was the BEST! Emily and her team were very professional, detail-oriented, but most of all, incredibly friendly. As a hospitality professional myself, I greatly appreciated this. She made our wedding the best day ever (even in the rain)! I would highly recommend booking an event or wedding at The Hermitage! If you do, ask for Emily! You will not be disappointed.

Whenever I had questions the staff was more than helpful and quick to respond. There were several times I needed to come out to the venue and they were great about setting up convenient times. The day of was perfect :)

We had an absolutely wonderful and amazing experience with The Hermitage and their staff. They were fantastic to work with, responsive, straight forward and always pleasant. We absolutely loved working with Bonnie in particular. She made us feel so comfortable. She and her team did an absolutely phenomenal job executing our plans and ideas into a spectacular day. We could not have asked for a better experience or a more perfect day!

• User4322035 · 2+ years ago

I have had a fabulous experience with the team at the Hermitage. My ceremony and reception is at The Cabin by the Spring this weekend, and working with Bonnie has made me feel so relaxed. She knows what works and what doesn't in the venue, and she is great at listening to what it is you really want out of your day. Ben was a dream with coordinating details on the front end, and they've gone above and beyond to make sure everything runs smoothly on the day-of. You can't beat the price for the beauty you get with this venue. I highly recommend!

Leigh Ann · Married on 11/15/2014

Our daughter's reception was held at the Cabin by the Spring on the Hermitage property. Great venue. They made us as comfortable as possible with the cold temperatures. Facilities were great.

Victoria · Married on 09/28/2014

The staff at the Hermitage are fantastic!! I could not be happier with my wedding experience at the Cabin by the Spring. It was beautiful!! My husband, our families, and I could not have been happier with how our special day turned out!!!

Chelsea · Married on 05/31/2014

We had our wedding at the Tulip Grove Mansion, at the Hermitage. It was so beautiful! The price was reasonable and the location is convenient for downtown Nashville and the airport for out of town guest. They were so easy to work with, and the staff is amazing! Bonnie and Ben were both amazing! Ben set up our event and was so nice and willing to help. Bonnie helped out on the day of the wedding! She was amazing! Helped with what ever we needed and she was so sweet! We loved that our wedding was at a historic venue and we loved the old southern charm tulip grove had! Have your wedding here!!!!

• Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 05/24/2014

I could not have asked for a more perfect venue. It was hot (no AC back in the days of Andrew Jackson) but the staff was amazing, the venue and grounds were gorgeous, the day could not have been more perfect or beautiful. I would definitely recommend getting married there for anyone that is looking for a really cool venue with lots of charm and beauty! Thanks everyone at the Hermitage who made my day so amazing!

Janice · Married on 10/18/2013

The entire team was so helpful and accommodating. Bonnie was our coordinator for the day, and she went out of her way to make everything perfect. I would highly recommend this venue for an intimate and beautiful wedding.

Hailey · Married on 05/25/2013

I had my reception at The Hermitage under a white tent behind the Tulip Grove Mansion. Everything was beautiful! The staff was great and easy to work with throughout my planning! The grounds are fabulous, and I would recommend this venue 100 times over!

Maggie · Married on 05/12/2013

So very easy to work with everyone at The Hermitage. I rented the Cabin by the Spring for both my wedding and reception. It was absolutely beautiful! Wouldn't have done it any other way.

Lauren · Married on 03/09/2013

From the first e-mail until the final goodbye this experience has been amazing! Samantha and her staff were always so helpful and gracious. We opted to include a tour of the mansion for our guest between the ceremony and the reception. My daughter was married in the church on the property and the reception was at The Cabin By the Springs.

Sherry · Married on 09/29/2012

The staff was very helpful in planning and also on the day of the wedding. They were very professional and it seemed we were the most important people on our special day. The wedding was perfect. I could not have asked for anyone for anything more.

Courtney · Married on 09/29/2012

My wedding was nothing short of amazing. All of my guests loved the venue. Sam and her staff were so great to work with and made sure everything went smoothly. Sam was always quick to answer emails and any questions I had about the property. Sue, the event manager, went above and beyond her duties to ensure that everything was taken care of on the day of. The whole Hermitage staff is wonderful and I highly recommend having a wedding here if you are looking for a gorgeous historic venue with superb customer service.

• I

Ivy · Married on 05/05/2012

Beautiful and historic location for an outdoor wedding. Staff was responsive and coordinated well on our wedding day. Only issue was that the area was still publicly accessible and some people walked around reception. Other than that I would recommend this location to anyone looking for a pretty venue.

Sent on 07/01/2012

Andrew Jackson's Hermitage, Home of the People's President's reply:

We have to respond to this because Ivy and her now-husband Matt touched our staff with their ceremony and reception so much. It is true that visitors are on the property but we are always working to fix the issues that come up and have since purchased ropes to try to keep tourists from coming in to the venue. Thank you for your feedback, Ivy! We wish you and Matt all the best.

Candias · Married on 04/14/2012

The Hermitage was a gorgeous venue for our April wedding. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful. Our attendant for the ceremony and reception went above and beyond what was expected to make sure that the day went as smooth as possible. We would highly recommend this site to anyone who is looking for a beautiful ceremony or reception location that is steeped in history!

Kelly · Married on 09/24/2011

When Rachel and Kenneth decided they wanted an outside venue for their wedding I went into panic mode... Being an event planner for 20 years I knew the risk and logistical issues that could potentially arise. After site visits to numerous places we settled into Tulip Grove Mansion. Samantha Spector, The Hermitage Event Coordinator; Sue Pate The Hermitage Hostess and The Hermitage Grounds Crew were amazing!! Samantha was easy to communicate with through numerous emails, phone calls and site visits making Rachel & Kenneth's Wedding Day fabulous. The grounds crew busied themselves by painting, mowing and uncovering a beautiful garden area behind Tulip Grove Mansion where Rachel & Kenneth held their ceremony. Ms. Pate was on site for the rehearsal and ceremony/reception and helped us with set up. Ms. Pate was so knowable about the grounds and was able to give a brief history to each curious guest. At the end of the day I felt like I was able to host my daughter’s wedding at my own home. The old house rejoiced with us in the happiness and beauty of that day. Thanks again, to The Staff of The Hermitage. You guys were wonderful!

Megan · Married on 05/15/2010

We had a beautiful reheardsal dinner by the Cabin-by-the-Spring at the Hermitage. Linda was great to work with--very responsive and professional. The price to rent the cabin was very good, though the catering prices seemed high (although quite typical for catering). The location was beautiful and the food was quite good!

Emily Piepenbrink was my wedding planner there, and she was incredible! Very helpful throughout the planning process and took care of lots of details the day of. She also took my vision for the wedding and made it all come to life! She took care of al my venders and I was able to plan my perfect wedding in 3 months while working because of her help! The Venue was gorgeous and everything I wanted!