Andrew Grainger, Pianist or Cello & Piano Reviews

69 | Cedar Park, TX

69 Reviews for Andrew Grainger, Pianist or Cello & Piano

Anthonee · Married on 12/01/2018

Beautiful Music for a Beautiful Memory

I was so fortunate to find Andrew and cellist Annette for my sister's wedding. Contacting him was super easy, and he was very responsive to all my messages, questions, and suggestions. I found a piece of music online for piano and cello that we envisioned for the big day after I transcribed it and arranged some of it around. I sent Andrew the sheet music and it was learned quickly, and sounded absolutely beautiful on the day of the wedding.

The Bride was indecisive about prelude and postlude music so we trusted Andrew and cellist Annette to choose appropriate music from their repertoire and everything sounded lovely.

Doing business was a breeze, payment was easy, I never felt out of the loop, and Andrew always answered my emails the same day they were sent. They arrived early and immediately set up without direction, and I simply could not have been happier. Hire these musicians and you will not be disappointed!

Eileen · Married on 06/09/2018

Mr. Grainger is a true professional. He was very responsive to my questions, and made many fine suggestions.

On Wedding day, he arrived early, assessed the people, and really set a nice tone during the pre-wedding gathering and during cocktail hour.

It was a pleasure to have Mr. Grainger's talents adding to the joy of that day.

Kara · Married on 04/27/2018

Classic and Professional!

Andrew was an amazing pianist for a wedding I worked this past weekend. Not only was he quick to respond, but very flexible in his work to allow the bridal party and family plenty of time to enjoy the music and be seated during the ceremony. He was a pleasure to work with!

Kristi · Married on 12/01/2017

Andrew was phenomenal. Many guests complimented our pianist choice. He was always quick to respond when I had questions leading up to the Wedding day. I highly recommend his services!

Erin · Married on 11/18/2017

Andy and his cellist play beautifully - the duo made our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour an elegant, magical event! He was responsive and professional to work with throughout the planning process and could play any and all songs I asked him to play. I recommend him highly!

Leslie · Married on 10/21/2017

My husband and I hired Andrew to play the piano for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour.
    The piano is our favorite musical instrument and we are very particular. He did an AMAZING job!
    Andrew was very easy to work with and was able to accommodate our music style. We would hire Andrew again and would recommend him for any type of event. He truly played a special role in our event!

Chanley · Married on 10/07/2017

Andrew played piano at our wedding on 10/7/17 in Georgetown, Texas. He is a beautiful piano player!! We had so many wonderful comments about him from our guest. He was very flexible with me when our ceremony time got changed and he responded to all emails and questions quickly. Andrew made our wedding so special and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a piano player for their special day!

Kate · Married on 06/03/2017

Wonderful pianist that brought a lot to my daughter's wedding reception at the Women's Federation Mansion in Austin. It was very enjoyable.

K · Married on 05/06/2017

Andrew and his wife played at our wedding...Andrew on the piano and his wife on the cello...they were absolutely fabulous...working with us to play all the very special songs we requested...Andrew created an incredible arrangement of all the songs...it was perfect...I would highly recommend Andrew and his wife...they are extremely talented and so very gracious!!!

Melissa · Married on 04/14/2017

Andrew played the piano for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour/reception. We can't recommend him highly enough! He was professional, courteous, and helpful throughout the entire process. His fees are completely reasonable for couples who can't break the bank for their wedding. We requested a few specific songs that were a bit off the beaten path and Andrew handled them with ease. Most importantly, the music was beautiful and several of our guests made a point to comment how wonderful it was. You can't go wrong in choosing Andrew to play at your wedding.

Amber · Married on 11/19/2016

Andy and his wife played piano and cello at my recent wedding at the Driskill in Austin, Texas, and I'd give 6 stars above on everything if it were possible! The ceremony music was standard fare (piano + cello) then Andy played two hours of piano during the cocktail reception prior to dinner (jazz, ragtime, classics).

The music on the day was absolutely gorgeous (as you would expect from someone with 30 years experience!) but almost as important to me was how reactive and helpful Andy was in the build-up to the wedding. From learning obscure new songs for us, to helping organise a soloist at the very last minute - he answered questions very quickly and was helpful beyond anything I expected. Given that I was organising the wedding from abroad with a time zone difference, his help and reactivity were simply invaluable. I worked with nearly a dozen different service providers for my wedding, and he was a standout performer - in both senses of the word! Very, very highly recommended.

David · Married on 09/25/2016

Andrew (piano) and his wife Annette (cello) provided outstanding music for our wedding. He was very easy to work with via email, and extremely accommodating as to the pieces we selected for the ceremony. Everything went smoothly. We had so many compliments about how beautiful the event was. Andrew and Annette were a huge reason why. We definitely recommend their services.

Elizabeth · Married on 09/25/2016

Andrew was very easy to work with and very professional. I chose a few songs I wanted to include, and just left the rest up to him. He played everything beautifully and it really added so much to the magic of the day. I highly recommend him.

Annette Eicker provided cello solos for our son's wedding and for the first hour of the reception. Not only is she very gifted musically, she is wonderful to work with! She was even willing to play samples for us via phone so we could hear her style. She has a great repertoire of pieces, and being that our son's bride is Russian, was completely amenable to playing Russian classical music in addition to traditional wedding music and a piece for background during a poetry reading. She was very easy to conduct business with, and she made the entire process easy for us as well. I cannot recommend her highly enough! She truly made our son's wedding special!

Nichole · Married on 04/02/2016

Andrew was amazing. I gathered a list together of songs and he played them without any problems. He went above and beyond for me by contacting my venue personally to see if his speakers were allowed. I had numerous compliments about how elegant the event was and I feel like he added to this effect.

Arienne · Married on 11/28/2015

Andrew Grainger was extremely helpful. He was quick to respond and helped me figure out the right music selections for our wedding ceremony and reception. Andrew was booked on our wedding event but was able to schedule in his wife and friend to play our wedding. My husband and I ended up choosing more modern music for the ceremony and they did an amazing job. They arrived ahead of schedule and were extremely talented. I cant thank them enough! Live music is the way to go!! Thank you again!!

My husband and I wanted a piano & cello to play Landon Pigg's "Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop" as the song that I walked down the aisle to. Andrew & Annette agreed to arrange the piece for these instruments, and it turned out perfect. They were very professional, easy to work with, and affordable.

It made me a little bit nervous that I could not hear the piece before my wedding day (since I am a musician myself and kind of particular about music), but there was no need to worry. Everyone also said the musicians playing of "Gabriel's Oboe" was the most beautiful thing they had ever heard.

You can trust Andrew to prepare beautiful music for your wedding. You can also trust that if he is not available, he will not leave you hanging, but instead do the professional thing of making arrangements for an equally talented musician to be there for you. I highly recommend him.

Allie · Married on 10/17/2015

Thank you, Annette! You were so accommodating with our Beatles playlist request and all of our family commented on how beautiful the cello music was! Thanks for everything!

Alyson · Married on 10/17/2015

We hired Andrew to play the piano during our wedding ceremony as well as the reception. He did a fabulous job!!! From start to finish, Andrew was professional and a joy to work with. He is a skilled musician who plays beautifully. We would definitely recommend his services to a friend.

Karlye · Married on 09/19/2015

Andrew was very easy to work with and always responded in a timely manner when coordinating all the music for our catholic wedding ceremony along with our cantor. On our wedding day, I could not have been happier with how everything turned out. The music was absolutely beautiful, even better than I imagined. It was the perfect touch to the perfect day! A huge thank you to Andrew's piano trio!

Kathryn · Married on 09/06/2015

For our daughter wedding, we had Andrew and his wife, playing piano and cello. They were so wonderful to work with and music so beautiful at the Driskill Hotel in Austin.

Heather · Married on 11/15/2014

Andrew was professional, reasonably priced and an excellent pianist. He absolutely helped set the tone and mood of our wedding and the reception. I would highly recommend him and would request his services again if and when the opportunity arises.

Lisa · Married on 10/26/2014

We could not be happier with having Andrew play the ceremony and cocktail hour music for our wedding! He was very easy to work with and met with us a few weeks before the big day so that we could make sure everything was exactly how we wanted. He gave us great suggestions on music and we were happy that he didn't need any instructions at all to play beautifully appropriate music for cocktail hour. He was extremely dependable and professional and even was able to be an accompanist for a soloist on short notice. He definitely helped make our special day perfect!

Kate · Married on 10/04/2014

I contacted Andrew to provide cello and piano music for our wedding. He as the pianist was already booked that day but was able to arrange his wife and another pianist to play. Andrew was extremely professional and low maintenance. His willingness to go above and beyond to arrange the pair for our wedding made it truly memorable. Thanks Andrew, Annette, and Ben!

Devin · Married on 09/07/2014

We used the Piano and the cello duo together for our ceremony... They were amazing! Everything went so smoothly, i walked down the isle to "a thousand years"!!!!- (which was a dream of mine!:))So happy with everything! They can play many different genres of music! Great variety! Great communication prior to the wedding date. Everything was arranged via email, always super prompt responses. We are very happy we chose Andrew and the cellist for our wedding, we definitely recommend their work!!!!
    Devin & Tyler Williams