Andrea's Bridal Reviews

Andrea's Bridal 6
Andrea's Bridal 7
  • fidanzata

Jade · Getting married on 08/24/2019

Perfect place to say yes to the dress!

Ashley was an amazing consultant! She was friendly, honest, and great at helping me narrow down my favorite out of all the beautiful dresses I was trying on. The experience was personal and private, and I ended up falling in love with a dress, despite my indecisiveness. Highly recommended!

Sent on 01/06/2019
  • Emily

Emily Welsh · Married on 05/27/2019

So wonderful I want to get married all over again!

After I got engaged, the first thing I wanted to do was find a dress! But where do you even start? Pinterest? Instagram? Say Yes to the Dress? David's Bridal? A boutique? Thankfully, my cousin is like an older sister to me and five years ago she had an amazing experience at Andrea's Bridal and found her wedding dress here. Alison encouraged me to come visit and try on dresses. Mind you, this was more than a drive down the road to Andrea's as I live in Alabama, was planning a wedding where I grew up in Vermont, and Andrea's is clearly in Maine... talk about a multi-state affair!

From the moment I called to make my appointment, I knew that this place was going to be wonderful! From appointment making to trying on dresses the team at Andrea's was so approachable, down to earth, and supportive. I worked with Amy during my visit and she listened to everything I thought I wanted and those body insecurities many of us have (hello hips!). She stuck to my respective budget, engaged with my family, and ultimately helped me find my dream dress. I felt like I had another friend in the process. As I tried on different options she carefully listened to what I liked or didn't like about each one and constructively helped me narrow down to two - one that was more of a "surprise factor" and had a skirt that was lightweight and fitting for my May wedding, and another that was what I like to call "classically me" but had a heavier fabric that was a bit more church wedding than open field. As I debated the pros and con's of each Amy looked at me as I stood in the dress I would ultimately pick (the one with the heavier fabric) and said, "The way you are looking at yourself in the mirror, you're smiling from the inside - you can tell that you FEEL beautiful in this dress and you know you look good. Some of the others you were in I could see the wheels turning in your head as you analyzed it - you're not doing that here." And so, I walked out having ordered a dress that I loved then, loved 6 months later when I came to get it, and 11 months later when I wore it down the aisle three weeks ago. I just want to put it on again and wear it now! Thank you Amy for helping me feel like the best version of myself on my wedding day!

Two more things - I highly recommend visiting on a weekday if you can, because it was wonderful to almost have the place to ourselves! With my sister with me, we were able to go right from my bridal gown fitting to picking out the bridesmaid dresses without originally scheduling an appointment to do that... knocked off two major checklist items!

I also want to give a big shoutout to Julia who helped me during my fitting and find my perfect veil (is it weird to occasionally wear that around the house now?!) and then had the major undertaking of finding my mom a MOB dress (if I could use the monkey with his eyes covered emoji here I would). I love my mom so much and she is one of the most endearing and innocent people I know, but let's just say that she "doesn't get out a lot" and has insecurities that everyone around her thinks she shouldn't. At Andreas the MOB and Bridesmaid Dresses are located downstairs and the bridal gowns are located upstairs. When we walked in the first thing my mom says is "I don't want to come out in front of a lot of people when I'm trying dresses on!" (Insert palm to face emoji here...) so she asks Julia very innocently, "Can I try on my dresses up here?" (we were already upstairs for my fitting) Julia magically made it happen and long story short my mom literally purchased and fell in love with the first dress Julia brought up. I think my mom may have even included the experience by telling Julia she loved her so much she wanted her to be at the wedding...

The gratefulness that we feel to the Andrea's Bridal team for making the entire experience fun, memorable (I'm sure Julia will remember my mom asking for a dress that wasn't too "Roman" --whatever that means!?!) and magical. They ultimately enabled myself, my mom, and my sister to feel like the best and most beautiful versions of ourselves. I can only cross my fingers that my sister (hopefully soon) decides to also return to Andrea's to find a dress for her wedding day.

Gratefully,
    The northern bride looking for a dress with a touch of classic southern charm
    Emily (Welsh) Kohler

Sent on 06/20/2019
    Andrea's Bridal 8
    Andrea's Bridal 9
    Andrea's Bridal 10

Allison · Married on 11/03/2018

Unique selections, comfortable atmosphere

I was thrilled to work with Ashley when finding my dress. I wanted something unique and had been to countless bridal shops and tried on dozens of dresses. I kept coming back to Andreas to work with Ashley because she seemed to be the only consultant who understood my vision, made me feel comfortable, did not pressure me, and worked to find me the perfect dress!

Sent on 02/23/2019
    Andrea's Bridal 11
    Andrea's Bridal 12

Nicole · Married on 09/22/2018

The joy of working with their professional staff was only eclipsed by the outcome: finding my perfect wedding dress! Amy was patient, creative, and fun! She is absolutely the reason I found my dress so quickly. Having no idea what I was looking for, she quickly lead me to find The One and I can't wait to wear it on my wedding day. She was respectful of my limited budget and timeline, too.

Sent on 05/24/2018

Tabatha · Married on 09/22/2018

Cannot say enough good things about this bridal
    shop. They know all the latest trends and styles while listening to exactly what you are comfortable with. My two cousins and I all looked elsewhere but ultimately only found our dream dressses (that fit our budgets) at Andreas. Julia was our consultant and she is simply amazing. You can try out all the other places but make sure Andreas is on your list and don’t buy anything until you go here. They make you feel like you are the only person in the shop. Top notch!

Sent on 10/06/2018
    Andrea's Bridal 13
    Andrea's Bridal 14
    Andrea's Bridal 15
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 08/12/2017

I had a great experience here. I went to another bridal boutique that is closer to home (Andreas is a 2 hour drive for me) and they had the same dress. I had such a great experience at Andreas that I went back to Portland to purchase the dress from them! When we went back to look for bridesmaids dresses it was just as special of a moment for them. I would (and have already) highly recommend Andreas to anyone!

Sent on 09/13/2017

Hilary · Married on 08/05/2017

Andrea's Bridal gave me exactly the experience I was looking for when searching for my wedding dress! After having a not so great appointment at a larger chain bridal salon, I was a bit nervous for my next appointment. My consultant at Andrea's, Julie, was absolutely fantastic! She made me feel comfortable from the beginning and really listened to what I was looking for in a dress. The salon had all of the dresses on their website in the store, so anything I had seen online and liked I was able to try on that day. My overall experience was fantastic and I would highly recommend this salon to anyone searching for their dream gown.

Sent on 08/30/2017
  • I

Ida · Married on 07/22/2017

Amazing service, attentive all dresses came in on a timely manner

Sent on 08/05/2017

Anna · Married on 05/20/2017

Ashley helped me find the perfect wedding dress! I told her a little bit about what I envisioned and she went to pick out dresses for me. The dress I ended up buying was actually the first one I put on! She knew exactly what I was looking for. She also put me in several silhouettes just to see how I looked in them and was very patient when I was making my decision.

I actually decided not to buy the dress the day of my appointment and she was very understanding and did not pressure me into making a decision or make me feel like I had to get one that day. I really appreciated that she wanted me to find the perfect dress, and not just make a sale. She took my measurements and told me to just call if I decided on this dress and they would already have all the paperwork ready. I did eventually decide to go with the first dress and the ordering process went smoothly and the dress showed up with plenty of time to get altered.

Sent on 06/26/2017

Cassandra · Married on 10/15/2016

Andrea's was one of my first choices for trying on dresses, and I was not disappointed. They're very popular and their appointment times fill up fast, so book well in advance so the day you're planning on going is available. All the staff I interacted with were incredibly friendly and helpful, and I was able to find my dress that first visit! I told the attendant what I had in mind and what styles I liked, and she came back with some awesome dresses and a few that she thought would look good. She was so helpful! I had been to a few other places in the Portland area before but no luck. Andrea's has a great selection and are reasonable price-wise; I lucked out and they had the dress that I wanted in a size that fit with a few modifications, so I was able to buy the sample and save serious money, and they stored it on site til I was ready to pick it up. The only thing that was a bit disappointing is that they don't do alterations in house, but I found my seamstress from off their list of recommendations and she was PHENOMENAL, so all in all it worked out. I have quite a few friends who just got engaged so I've been recommending Andrea's to them for sure.

Sent on 09/20/2016

Breanna · Married on 09/10/2016

Jill was the absolute best helping pick out my dress. Everyone at Andrea's is so friendly and helpful and all of their dresses are so beautiful! When my dress came in there was a slight pull that I would probably not have even noticed, but they immediately contacted the dress maker and had a brand new dress for me in a few weeks! I tell all my engaged friends that they have to come here for their dress!

Sent on 09/21/2016
  • User5191674 · 2+ years ago

I had a wonderful experience at Andrea's Bridal. The staff is knowledgable and professionalWith showing a few photos about what i liked and didn't like, they were able to pull me the most perfect dress! I actually ended up buying a sample off the rack! Julia and Jill have been by my side the entire wedding planning process! We ended up back at andreas to get my girls bridesmaids dresses we had quite the range of body types and each girls looked amazing and felt amazing in their dress!
    About 2.5 months before my wedding is where i couldn't have asked for more from them. My MOH decided to no longer be a part of the wedding, and i ended up in the store in tears worried i wouldn't be able to get another dress for someone else stepping in. After crying my eyes out and listening to the situation, julia looked at me with the most calming face and said "there are some things i can't fix, and this isn't one of them". They ended up getting my girl a dress with 2 weeks to spare (in which she was able to get altered) and they were able to make this all happen with her being in boston and never once coming to the store! Everyone kept me in the loop with timing and were honestly amazing. Then, about 3 weeks before the wedding the seamstress ruined my moms dress. Julia went with my mom to the seamstress (on her day off never the less) to stand up for my mom and see the mess of the dress. Julia then let my mom go to the store and take any dress she wanted to replace the one that was ruined (since there wasn't enough time to order another). To make matter worse, 7 days before the wedding the seamstress had issues with my dress. She met us again at andreas 6 days before the wedding and long story short was very unprofessional and left me with an un finished dress. Julia went above and beyond and found someone else to finish my dress. This shouldn't have been her responsibility or problem but she went above and beyond. Andreas bridal is all around amazing!

Sent on 10/19/2015

Sarah · Married on 09/03/2016

Andreas did a great job helping me find my wedding dress! I wasn't exactly sure what I was looking for, but they convinced me to try on a dress I didn't think I would like and it ended up being the one! I had previously tried on dresses at a few other stores and this was the best experience by far. I was planning my wedding from North Carolina, so I wasn't able to do things (alterations, steam pressing, etc.) right on schedule but they were super flexible and got everything done on time so I didn't have to stress at all! Everyone who works there is very nice and helpful - I would highly recommend looking for your wedding dress at Andreas!

Sent on 10/14/2016

Lindsay · Married on 09/02/2016

I had a wonderful experience at Andrea's. They had a beautiful selection of dresses. The appointment was relaxed with no pressure and my consultant Amy helped me pick the dress I just love! Jen helped me order the dress with lots of time to spare. I was able to get a truck show price the weekend after I picked the dress because I was traveling from out of town. I just picked up my dress this past weekend and my appointment was amazing. My dress fit like a glove. The bridal experience was perfect from start to finish. Thank you Andrea's!

Sent on 05/08/2016

Jennifer · Married on 08/27/2016

I was a bit nervous because I've had friends who were sold hard during their bridal appointments. Andrea's was very professional and helpful. They also didn't waste time. They listened to my needs and wants. I did not feel pressured into anything nor was offered any "special discounts if I bought before I left the appointment." I did end up buying, but it was my choice. They gave me a very helpful list of alteration vendors in the area and clearly spelled out the timeline of fittings and when my dress would come in.

Sent on 11/29/2015
  • Molly

Molly · Married on 08/27/2016

I had an amazing experience at Andrea's bridal. It was my first day dress shopping. I am a size 16W. I was not planning on finding a dress that day. I was worried about not feeling comfortable with my body during this process but my experience was quite the opposite. My consultant Amy was amazing, she made me feel comfortable from the get go. She pulled some beautiful dresses for me to try. My wedding was only 4 months away when I went in, so we were limited to dresses we could get quickly or buy off the rack. The first dress she put on me looked beautiful. I tried a coupled more on that weren't it. Then she brought out THE ONE. It was not what I imagined but it was perfect. It fit me perfectly, it was for sale off the rack, it was 50% off, and I felt absolutely amazing in it. I had my bridal moment. I cannot recommend Andrea's highly enough.

Sent on 04/23/2016

Page · Married on 08/13/2016

Andrea's was wonderful. I worked with them for my wedding dress and my bridesmaid dresses. Everyone there was so nice and so helpful.

Sent on 08/30/2016

Linda · Married on 07/23/2016

So happy we chose Andrea's Bridal for my daughter's wedding dress. We had an appointment and were shown gorgeous dresses in the price range we specified. The choice came down to two dresses but in both cases there was something my daughter wasn't really sure about. We had an appointment to go back and see those two dresses but my daughter asked if she could start over again and look at more dresses. That was not a problem and when she explained her issues with the two dresses that she liked and what she was unsure of, the attendant found the dress that was everything my daughter was looking for. We both teared up when she put in on and we knew it was just perfect. We placed the order. The dress arrived exactly when promised and it was beautiful. So many beautiful dresses and very nice facility and employees. My daughter traveled from another state with her dress only two days before the wedding and they were nice enough to press the dress and have it ready for her the day before the wedding. A+++++

Sent on 08/15/2016

Kate · Married on 07/09/2016

I absolutely loved my entire experience with Andrea's from start to finish! Jill at Andrea's was so helpful to me throughout the entire process. From picking out the dress, suggesting a seamstress, to steaming the dress to make sure it was perfect for the wedding day... I so appreciated this salon's help! My dress was beautiful. I would highly recommend Andrea's to anyone shopping for a wedding dress. They have a HUGE selection of dresses and their staff are very knowledgeable. I also bought my veil there. The staff really care about each bride and strive to make their experience a positive one. Trying on dresses can be stressful but they really make it fun!! Thank you Andrea's!!

Sent on 08/10/2016
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 06/18/2016

I had heard about Andrea's from a couple friends who had gotten married a few years ago when I got engaged. I was one of those brides that wasn't super excited about trying on dresses because I don't love the way I look in things. I had both sisters, my mother, and my future mother in law with me which was quite overwhelming but when I walked into Andrea's and instantly felt at ease. I had a picture and description of what I knew i wanted which was helpful but I was still encourages to try on things that I may not have known I liked. The dress I had a picture of, Andreas did not have at their shop but put me into something very similar...I fell in love...when I walked out everyone I was with had tears in their eyes and I knew that was it...It took me going one time, 7 dresses later and I had my dress. I couldn't believe it. They were helpful in recommending someone to alter my dress...who was simply amazing...and had it steamed for the wedding which I picked up from the salon the day before and it was perfect. I loved working with Andrea's!
    Thank you!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Katherine · Married on 06/18/2016

Had such a wonderful experience here. They had plenty of dresses in larger sizes and varied prices. Julia was phenomenal.

Sent on 01/14/2017

Julia and her team are wonderful and accommodating. They were very respectful of all questions and made the process of buying a wedding dress fun and flexible. They were very responsive and kept me up to date every step of the way. Julia even called the dress designer for me to get sample fabrics to help me make my dress color decision. I can't say enough about how great it was to work with everyone at Andrea's Bridal.

Sent on 11/01/2015

Sarah · Married on 10/17/2015

Absolutely the best around! After leaving David's Bridal in tears over the awful quality of everything I tried on, I made my way to Andrea's where the fairy Godmothers made all of my dreams come true. Thank you, Andrea's!!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Allison · Married on 10/03/2015

Love Andrea's Bridal! The girls there are incredibly nice and really listen to likes and dislikes during the wedding dress buying process. The store is beautiful with a wide variety of gowns perfect for women all different shapes and sizes. The girls were very responsive and everyone was a joy to work with. I will definitely be recommending this store to all my friends/family getting married in the future!! Thank you so much!

Sent on 10/04/2015

Audra · Married on 10/01/2015

My experience at Andrea's was perfect in every way! From my first appointment looking for the perfect dress to sending my dress out to be cleaned and preserved, the staff at Andrea's was welcoming and extremely helpful! I always knew my dress would be in good hands and that I had the experts to help me along the way!

Sent on 01/14/2016