Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort Reviews

Rating 4.2 out of 5, 4 Reviews
View more information

4.2

Eva Married on 08/10/2018
    Only a few weeks ago we hosted my daughter’s wedding at Andaz in Maui. When planning a destination wedding, it is difficult to make decisions about everything, since you are not there to see, listen, feel, taste and touch many of the options available to you. The easiest part for us, was deciding on the location when we started planning my back in 2017. Maui was selected, as this was the midpoint between the two families ( NY and New Zealand). However it became more and more stressful to choose the venue, music, food, flowers, design, etc, etc.
    When we started the venue selection, we had never been to Maui. We totally had to rely on online research. Once we identified several venues, we set up appointments over the phone. Our decision was solely based on two things; the look and feel of the online videos, photos, reviews and the overall feel of the initial interaction with our contacts at each venue.
    Ultimately what made the most difference was this interaction with the corresponding contacts, in case of Andaz, it was Sarah Snyder. Her ability to listen to our needs & to find the appropriate solutions was the key. We didn’t want a cookie cutter type of wedding with a checklist or a very traditional or an elaborately ornate wedding. Our vision for the wedding, as it turned out to be, was exactly what Andaz Maui embodied - clean, open, classic, elegant, minimalist look & feel. The planning was not without drama, even at the very last moment, as we arrived in Maui, an uninvited guest, Hurricane Hector, was just behind, Sarah handled everything with much support reassurance and sensitivity.
    Then came 8/10/2018, the day of the wedding. Throughout the day Sarah was in touch with us to see if we needed anything. Every single item we had requested, every single detail we had meticulously labored over, was there in complete perfection! The quality of the food was sensational, the beverages, the service,
    Decor and music - EVERYTHING! SIMPLY THE BEST!!!
    Danya Married on 06/04/2016
    We didn't get married at Andaz but we did spend 9 wonderful days here for our honeymoon and it was by far the best experience of our lives! We stayed here in June 2016 and tried every restaurant they have! The food is amazing but pricey considering it's a 4.5 star resort! I highly recommend trying out the Ka'hana Kitchen Chef Table! It was one of the best experiences of our lives. The staff was beyond kind - we did a wine pairing with the meal and our waiter paid attention to what types of wines we like and we loved every single one of them! Chef Chance was the best chef ever! He explained everything he prepared for us and was the best host. The rooms are big enough and offer beautiful ocean views or views of Haleakala. Everything about this experience was beyond what we ever could have imagined for our honeymoon. We were said to leave and know we will be back!
    Ann Married on 03/08/2014
    The wedding planner at Andaz was always available by phone or email, since ours was a destination wedding, she did an amazing job organizing and vetting all our vendors, she found a flipbook booth, our incredible florist, and coordinated the entire reception. The food and drinks at Andaz are all of superior quality, with mixed drinks made with fresh exotic juices, and truly delicious appetizers, our guests were all astounded by the deliciousness of all the foods and even the wedding cake was sooo good!! I ate leftover wedding cake the next day as I did not have time to eat it the day of it was moist and oh so flavorful even one day old! Just wish the reception could have gone past 10pm!
  • User2144545 2+ years ago
    Ceremony and reception was held on the grounds of Andaz. Communication was slow when we had questions to ask (sometimes more than a week before receiving a response), but they were always quick to charge my credit card (same-day charge). I felt that they should have at least emailed me, acknowledging receipt of my email and communicated that they were busy but would respond soon.
    I felt that this location and pricing would be acceptable for a destination wedding. Being from Hawaii it was sometimes frustrating seeing how ridiculous pricing was, when you know it could be cheaper elsewhere. I was disappointed in pricing, lack of communication, and company policy to charge for every little thing. Sometimes it felt as if Andaz was Ruth's Chris Steakhouse - where everything was ala carte and overpriced.
    If I had to do it all over again, I still would have my ceremony/reception at Andaz, because it was a beautiful location and food was great, but I still would be disappointed and not recommend this location to my local friends/family members.