An Elegant Touch of Strings Reviews

25 Reviews for An Elegant Touch of Strings

• Danielle

Danielle · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing Duet

Sherry and her team and just amazing. Working with her was just so easy. Her music was so beautiful and made our day just perfect. John and I had a cello and violin for our special day and her team just made our day beautiful. We were able to select our own songs which made our day even more special. Would not recommend anyone else but Sherry and her team

• Meridith

Meridith · Married on 04/01/2017

Oh my gosh the music was beautiful! We had a solo violinst play our ceremony music. Sherry was great. I let her pick the music to play while guest were coming and leaving. I didn't see the songs that I wanted for the bridal party processional or the recessional music but I just emailed her asking if she was able to play them and she write away wrote back yes! Well worth the money.

Shelby · Married on 07/09/2016

Elegant touch of strings provided beautiful ceremony music to my wedding at a very economical cost. It added a touch of class to the whole event. Easy to work with and very responsive! Highly recommend it!

Yes, please! Inexpensive, professional, responsive, efficient and high quality! What more could you ask for? Sherry performed with one of her fellow musicians at my wedding 2 weekends ago and it was magical. They played all the songs we requested. The music was beautiful. I just wish I wasn't running around more so I could enjoy it. She's also by far one of the most responsive vendors I've ever worked with. Also, how many vendors in Sonoma can you get for under a thousand, and of this quality? I'd definitely hire her again should the need arise.

Emily · Married on 05/09/2015

We had the String Trio for our wedding in May. They are a preferred vendor from our venue at Elliston Vineyards. Sherry Lewis was great to work with and she was very responsive to my emails and communication. We even had a new song request and she was able to work with her trio to play the song. It sounded perfect!

Her and her group were on time (early even) and very professional. Her prices are reasonable and quality of their music is high end. I highly recommend Elegant Touch of Strings.

Rachel · Married on 02/08/2015

Fantastic working with An Elegant Touch of Strings Quartet! They were amazing, prompt, responsive and we were thrilled with them!

Heidi · Married on 09/28/2013

The string quartet was the perfect touch for our wedding. It was everything I ever dreamed. Sherry was very responsive through email and phone calls. ( she even got back to me while she was on vacation ) They offer a great selection of music and were even able to play the Star Wars theme for us to walk back down the aisle to. ( a surprise for my groom)

• Monalisa

Monalisa · Married on 09/14/2013

Our September 14th,2013 wedding at The Palm Event Center in Pleasanton was beautiful and romantic! The string quartet added that extra elegant touch to our ceremony and cocktail hour. The ceremony was a tear jerker with the string quartet playing some of our favorite songs. As The doors opened and I walked down the aisle, guests gasped as the song added that drama and romance we wanted them to feel. The cocktail hour was fun and played more contemporary songs. Sherry and her group were beyond wonderful! Even if songs were not in their usual repertoire, they were very accommodating in learning the songs. There was never any hesitation on answering questions or provide you information you may need. Thank you Sherry and An Elegant Touch of Strings! Job well done!

Ena · Married on 05/25/2013

Although our minds were on other things that day, the music was flawless! Sherry was very responsive and flexible to our needs. The musicians were on time and we had no issues with them setting up. If you need live string music for your ceremony, I would highly recommend them!

This was the best and easiest decision to make for my wedding- Sherry made the booking and song selection process so quick and easy. It was very helpful considering all of the other plans I had to be making for my big day.

They are amazing!!!! We chose a duet for our wedding and it was absolutely perfect for our wedding! We selected which songs we wanted played for each part of the ceremony processional and recessional. It went perfectly!

Sherry is a great pleasure to work with. She's a real professional and her team is fantastic!

heather · Married on 08/18/2012

Thank you so much for playing at our wedding!!! The music was beautiful. I was so happy at how I could easily message Sherry about any changes I wanted and she truly delivered wonderfully. Thank you so much for your business and I would highly recommend to anyone!! A+++++

Heather & Ivan

Rochelle · Married on 09/05/2011

I found An Elegant Touch of Strings through the our wedding venue. Sherry responded quick to my emails, provided a variety of packages to meet our needs based on cost and time, and readily prepared with music selections.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

barbara · Married on 09/25/2010

I found Sherry and An Elegant Touch of Strings through a mutual friend...and what a lucky find it was for me! My daughter really wanted a string quartet and I am so glad we found An Elegant Touch of Strings. The wedding venue was outdoors in a garden so their music was perfect for the setting...adding yet another lovely dimension to the event. I appreciated how easy Sherry was to work with. Their musical options were extensive, but even so, my daughter had a song in mind as their recessional that was not a part of their usual repertoire. Sherry cheerfully made a special arrangement in order to be sure my daughter had a "perfect day". Additionally, my daughter wanted to sing to her new husband as part of the reception, and again, Sherry accommodated this special request and rehearsed with her. Needless to say, that part of the day is something I will never forget....and I'm sure it will always be a cherished memory for my daughter and son-in-law. Their performance is flawless and just beautiful. The day of the wedding was quite warm and I'm sure they weren't as comfortable as they would have liked, but that didn't diminish the quality of their performance. That is the mark of true professionals! It's hard to think of enough superlative adjectives to describe this
    group! I am happy to give them my highest recommendation and offer them great thanks for adding so much beauty to my daughter's wedding day.

Diana · Married on 07/31/2010

Our ceremony site, Elliston Vineyards, did not allow amplified music outdoors. They referred us to Sherry Lewis, and it was fabulous. We contracted for a trio to perform as guests were being seated and during the ceremony. It added the perfect touch to the elegant garden wedding. I have seen too many weddings where the DJ provided the music and the sound equipment buzzed and shrieked. Sherry was easy to work with, totally professional, and reasonably priced. I would absolutely hire her again.

danielle · Married on 09/20/2009

sherry was wonderful and the music was beautiful. The only unfortunate part was the fact that our officiant wouldnt allow the music to be played lightly during the ceremony. Other than that, it was definately worth it.

Teresa · Married on 02/14/2009

They helped make our ceremony extra special. The music was wonderful. You can even listen to the audio clips online which will help with you music selection.

Don · Married on 11/08/2008

Wow! They absolutely exceeded my expectations and made the day more memorable than I could have expected. I didn't realize how much I would appreciate their organization and willingness to work independently until the day actually came. They showed up on time, ready to go, and moved about as needed. I didn't have to direct them once. They knew exactly what to do. I remember going about all the events of the day thinking... what is that beautiful music I hear.... and there they were playing song after song....it was like a dream! We deeply appreciated their incredible and over the top customer service, flexibility in working with our schedule, and willingness to take things into their own hands to make sure they day went well. The process was so effortless because of Sherry. The music and talent was divine. Those songs keep playing in my head and I will always cherish their amazing music as a crucial memory of the special day. When I had originally booked them, my husband thought strings would be silly, stuffy, and too much. By the end of the day, he was surprised at how wrong he was! He kept complimentary the beauty of their music and how special their music made our ceremony. Talk about feeling so special --- hearing their music during the ceremony made us all cry! It could not have been so perfect without them! Thank you again for your beautifully classic strings!

Kristy · Married on 11/02/2008

Sherry and her group could not have performed better! Everything was beautiful! In the planning process, Sherry always got back to me quickly and was great in answering all of my questions! I'm a musician as well and their playlist has such great selections. I HIGHLY recommend this group!

Courtney · Married on 12/30/2007

High quality, professional, personable, accomodating, and flexible!!!!!! You cannot beat the quality of these folks! Well worth it!

Stephanie · Married on 09/18/2010

The musicians were so professional and made the music happen during the ceremony and cocktail hour without any interaction with us on the day of the wedding. It was beautiful and the guests really enjoyed it. They were so flexible for our music choices. I would absolutely recommend them.

Cecilia · Married on 06/28/2008

3.5

For our ceremony and cocktail hour, we had been undecided about hiring someone to provide live music vs. asking our DJ to perform said duties. We didn’t know if the live music effect would justify its expense – per hour, on average it’s about twice as costly as using a DJ. After some debate, we finally decided to hire Elegant Touch of Strings at our wedding, and what a great decision! Looking back, I don’t think those portions of our event would have been nearly as memorable if we just asked the DJ to play tracks from a CD. Having a couple of obviously talented musicians seated in plain sight, playing on beautiful instruments, without any artificial sound amplification, instantly creates an aura of class and refinement that would be hard to replicate with a DJ hi-fi system.

Since we had a wedding and cocktail reception for 80 people in an intimate garden setting, we decided to go with a violin and cello duo, which worked out very well. Sherry (violinist and owner) and the cellist she played with (I never got her name but she seems to be a long-time partner) were absolute professionals – they arrived and set up half an hour before guests started to arrive, discussed timing issues with our officiant, played our ceremony selections right on cue, and then continued to play another 1.5 hours (taking only a short 5 min break once or twice, at most), when our DJ took over for the dinner reception.

We picked mostly Baroque and Classical selections for the ceremony, while the reception was a fun mix of recognizable waltzes, Jazz, and well-known movie love themes. Everyone seemed to recognize one piece or another, and a number of guests even came up to us to compliment the selections.

Sherry was very helpful in answering my questions and suggesting appropriate pieces. Her website has samples of many of the most popular selections. Importantly, we wanted a nontraditional piece for the bridal walk that not many musicians seemed to offer, and lucky for us, Sherry had played it years before and still had the arrangement. Overall, Elegant Touch of Strings will set you back a good $500 for 2 musicians hired for 2 hrs (inclusive of set-up/break-down time), so it’s not cheap, but worth the money, in our opinions.

Lucy · Married on 06/07/2008

Great musicians.

Michelle · Married on 06/21/2008

3.6
      3.0

They play beautifully. I had good reviews from my guests, but unfortunately only heard them play during the processional, and recessional. It is expensive, but very elegant.