Amy Zumwalt Photographers Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

• Lindsay
    Lindsay G. Married on 09/21/2019

Stunning Photos

We could not have loved Amy more! She was a fantastic photographer who did our engagement photos as well as our wedding photos. We have only seen "sneak peeks" so far of the actual wedding but the ones we have seen are stunning. We highly recommend her.
    Cece M. Married on 11/17/2018

Professional, warm, and fun

Amy is simply amazing. Her work speaks for itself (down right amazing). What sets her apart is her professionalism, warmth, and ability to make your day special. Everyone says get a photographer that is fun, upbeat, and brings good energy, because you will be spending lots of time together. Amy is just that! She is like a best friend you haven’t seen in a while. She brings comfort, laughter, and warmth to what can be a overwhelming day, which translates to her photographs. She captures the most beautiful moments, that you’ll treasure forever. You’ll leave your wedding wishing you could have another just to have a session with Amy!

Amy Zumwalt Photographers's reply:

You know I love you guys.
  • Katy
    Katy Married on 11/04/2018

Best Wedding Photographer

Amy is THE BEST wedding photographer you are going to find! Photos were my #1 priority for our wedding, and Amy was truly my #1 choice for a photographer. She has the gift of taking something ordinary, and making it extraordinary with her work. Even if you and/or your fiancé are awkward in front of a camera, Amy will make the entire process easy, fun, and natural. My now-husband and I are in love with both our engagement and wedding photos, and I cannot count the number of compliments we have received on them from family and friends. Choose Amy; you won’t regret it!

Amy Zumwalt Photographers's reply:

aaahhhh Katy!!!! Thank you so much for letting me make you guys stand in those twinkle lights in the dark (and for letting me hang out with you the rest of the day too.) ;) You and Michael and your families were a true joy. #HaystackRockForever #HoneymoonItineraryCrasher
    Allison Married on 11/03/2018

Best Wedding Decision We Made

I cannot say enough amazing and wonderful things about Amy. She has this amazing ability to find and capture your best self while not making you look like a someone you wouldn't recognize (check out her amazing instagram page). She does an amazing job with the men too! She made my husband look like James Bond. Not only are her pictures downright stunning and will make you feel like a goddess, but she can handle weird family dynamics like a pro, can make even the most nervous and self-conscious bride feel at ease, and will happily go where other photographers wouldn’t dare. During our cocktail hour, Amy took us up on the roof (which involved going up a ladder in my dress) to capture the beautiful sunset. She even trusted my firefighting husband with her equipment when we had to climb back down. But in almost all sense of the word, Amy saved our wedding for me. Unfortunately there was some tense moments during our wedding when my mother in law suffered a heart attack during dinner. Thankfully she recovered quickly over the next few days and is doing well, but I struggled to remember the good parts of the day. Amy was so amazing and sent over a few raw photos the morning following my wedding that almost brought me to tears they were so beautiful. Even before we got the full collection, the few photos she sent and the ones she posted on Instagram made my perception of the wedding astronomically better. I currently have one photo set as the background on my phone and I smile every time I see it. Without Amy, I probably would have remembered our wedding as a stressful and tense event, but now I think back on the amazingly stunning photos she took and remember the beautiful parts. If you want to actually have fun with your photographer, get pictures you will treasure for a lifetime, and not have to stress about anything, hire Amy.

Amy Zumwalt Photographers's reply:

Allison, you just made my whole week. If you and Chris want to go climb on another roof sometime (especially one that may or may not be easily accessible...) I'm always down for that. ;)
    I'm so glad the images did what they SHOULD do, and that you can remember all the best moments of your amazing wedding day. You guys are seriously phenomenal.
  • Bianca
    Bianca Married on 10/20/2018

But seriously the best...

I have known Amy for a few years and always loved her work whenever I would see it, so of course when I got engaged I knew she was the one! Then all the pictures came, and you cant help fall even more in love!!! Her work is BEAUTIFUL! My favorite thing is when friends and family are in awe when they see photos cause I always get to say I KNOW!

Amy Zumwalt Photographers's reply:

I just saw this today and it made me sooooo happy! I feel like wedding wire needs to let me use emoji's in my responses because I just want to put a dozen smiley faces with heart eyes!!! hahaha Love you guys!!!!
    Cydney Married on 10/20/2018

WOW- best decision we made for remembering our special day!

Hiring Amy Zumwalt was hands down my best decision for making our wedding day such a special experience. After our phone consultation, my excitement for the planning process went through the roof! I hadn’t laughed that hard with a stranger, maybe ever. You really feel like you gained a best friend through the process. Amy is the reason I found our incredible wedding planner, and everything from there practically fell into place. Her powerful images speak for themselves- if you’re reading this you already know how incredibly talented this woman is! Working with Amy is fun, exciting, and most importantly - COMFORTABLE. She will play silly games with you to get such genuine photos. Having a camera in your face while you’re smooching your honey can usually feel pretty awkward, but she goes out of her way to make sure there is never a dull moment. You will thank yourself over and over again for hiring this wonderful woman!!

Amy Zumwalt Photographers's reply:

I feel like I might save your review and put it somewhere where I can reread it every week. Thank you so much for making me feel like all my efforts are worthwhile. You and Bryan are nothing short of a blast to be around, and I am so glad you found me!!! Big fat hugs, and I'm sure I'll see you at Lucy's soon. ;)
    Spring Married on 10/20/2018

Wonderful!

Amy is so communicative and creative. I had so many compliments on my pictures! Amy and her assistant even helped me bustle my dress. :) She is willing to do anything and everything to get the perfect pictures and angles. My pictures came back way more quickly than expected and they were breathtaking. Thank you Amy!

Amy Zumwalt Photographers's reply:

Spring! I'm so glad you were super happy. (Despite all the sweat, the stair climbing, and the threat of rain.) ;) Tell Taylor that crazy dance photo of him is probably my favorite of all time. I hope that's on his desktop at work. hahahaha xoxoxoxox!!!
  • Codi
    Codi Married on 10/13/2018

Enamoured by the beauty in detail

I honestly could not speak more highly of Amy Zumwalt Photographers. If only I could accord more stars, without hesitation, I would. Amy Zumwalt goes above and way beyond excellence, in every facet! From the start of our journey together she was truly enthralled, to put quite frankly, to be a part of it all. Her professionalism and response to detail is next to none, and made wedding planning (yes, planning) a breeze for me. I planned my wedding around, and with, Amy. However, that’s not to say that she did not seem to bend over backwards for me at times, with her strong desire to be flexible for the bride in order to meet every need/want; she was my first and favorite decision. My husband and I truly got more value out of our photographer than ever thought imaginable. Amy’s strict attention to detail can be found evident in her correspondence throughout, as well as in the clarity of each and every single captured moment in stunning beauty. I seriously cannot compliment Amy Zumwalt & Amy Zumwalt Photographers quite nearly enough. Finest decision I made; do yourself the favor of hiring Amy Zumwalt, she’ll produce for you the most breathtaking and unparalleled photos.

Amy Zumwalt Photographers's reply:

Codi, you and Brian are the best. I am so glad that I was able to watch you two make googly eyes at each other all night in that beautifully transformed historic museum. :) Also, tell your dad he wins most emotional dad speech of the year! Much love to you guys. I'm so glad I got to be part of it. xoxo
    Brittany Married on 10/06/2018

Everything we wanted & MORE!

Amy was beyond amazing! I told her my vision for each photo shoot and she was able to bring it to life! Her talent/eye for photography was more than I could have ever imagined! I was most picky when it came to my pictures and she nailed it! It also helps she was so responsive when I had questions or needed some help =) I would choose her all over again!

Amy Zumwalt Photographers's reply:

oooh yay! yes! Let's do it again!! :) You know I love you. Your album will hit my desk any day now and I'm so excited to flip through it and relive all the Blake & Brittany warm fuzzies. Don't be a stranger, and thanks for taking a minute to make me blush. ;)
  • Adam
    Adam R. Married on 09/01/2018

Amazing Person, Artist, Photographer

Amy is great to work with... so kind, extremely talented. She created one of the best experiences we had in terms of wedding events.
    Jessica R. Married on 09/01/2018

Hired her for our destination wedding in Maine!

Amy was/is absolutely amazing!

I spotted her work on a friend’s Instagram and knew immediately that she was our photographer. What I love most about Amy’s style is that it’s organic, natural, not super obvious bridal / posey (yuck!) lol. She finds fun ways to make you and your partner laugh so that the moments she captures are real and pure so you end up looking way cooler than you really are haha!

We hired her for our engagement photos, our wedding, and also added in a bonus shoot the day before the big day! All of which was 100% worth it! As a bride, you spend months (in my case a year) planning out every little detail to ensure the big day is perfect. Why wouldn’t you want to invest in quality and talent to ensure each detail is captured just the way you remembered it, forever? All we have to look back on from our wedding day are our photos. These photos are sprinkled throughout our house, featured on thank you and holiday cards, found in a coffee table book displayed in our living room, and one day will be found in the hands of our children as we tell them about our special day.

Amy is more than a wedding photographer, she’s a wife, a mother, an artist, and now our friend. I can’t tell you what my cake lady’s name was (my wedding was only 5 months ago lol), but I can assure you that when we look at one of our photos we’ll be flooded with 100’s of memories!

My sister in law recently became engaged and I will be doing whatever I can to ensure she works with Amy! 🖤

Amy Zumwalt Photographers's reply:

Five hundred trillion hearts!! I knew from the second we chatted on the phone that it would be true love. (Between you guys and me of course.) Thank you for being so kickass. And whenever you get mad at Adam (whaaat? is that even possible?!?!) just remember that he saved us from that spider. In the forest. In Maine. ;) I'M CERTAIN he'll be rescuing you for the next 60 years. Hugs to you both.
    Hilary Married on 04/21/2018

One of Our BEST Decisions

My husband and I knew it was a priority of ours to find a photographer who would capture our wedding in a way that would help us to always remember how special the day was for us in the years to come. We did hours and hours of research to find the right person and when we found Amy's work, we knew our search was over. She was so responsive to my emails, and all of our requests, including my husbands request for a last-minute Wal-Mart run for hairspray ;) She was hilarious and made sure we never felt awkward in front of her lens. Even with our extremely high expectations, I was STILL BLOWN AWAY when I received our wedding photos (just a few short weeks later no less)!! We will cherish our photos forever and could not have picked a more perfect person for the job. I cannot wait to use her services for anniversary photos, maternity photos, family photos and any other adventures life has to offer. She is still one of the best decisions we made for our wedding and I would recommend her to anyone. Thank you so much Amy, YOU ROCK!

Amy Zumwalt Photographers's reply:

Eeeeee! I loved reading this. :) Hilarious? You thought I was hilarious?? I'm so going to tell my husband. hahaha ;) Seriously though, hair spray, watches, outfit changes.. your wedding was a blast. Now get busy with babies so we can hang out again. ;) xoxo
    Erin Married on 10/07/2017
    If you want a photographer who is fun, makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera, and takes beautiful photographers, Amy is the photographer for you! She is seriously the best! She is timely in her responses, has very detailed information, and has a gift for making you feel like you’ve known her forever. My now husband DOES NOT like having his picture taken so I was a little worried, but that all subsided after just a few minutes with Amy. We had the best time and our engagement and wedding photos are so beautiful and everything we wanted. I promise you will not regret working with her; she will take photographs that you will cherish for the first of your lives.

Amy Zumwalt Photographers's reply:

I STILL use one of your photos on the front page of my website. You and Mitch are awesome. But omg you have the best laugh ever! Everytime I see those shots of you laughing with Mitch in the field across the street, I just can't not smile. Such an amazing day. xoxoxo
    Squeaky Married on 05/28/2017
    Amy and her team photographed our wedding in Ft. Worth in May. I couldn't say enough good things about her work! She's an excellent photographer with a distinct style, and she's also extremely flexible and easy to work with. HIGHLY recommended!
  • User2938811 2+ years ago
    Amy is so talented. She has such a creative and beautiful style and my pictures were hands down gorgeous. She is very accommodating and easy to get in touch with. She is always willing to work around schedules and she is very professional. She makes sure that you get every photo that you want on your day. On top of all of that she is so much fun! I highly recommend her for any type of photography services and especially for wedding services!
    Jordan Married on 11/12/2016
    I skipped work on a Friday roughly one year before our wedding to make sure I could snag Amy for our wedding date! My wedding planner, Shannon, recommended her along with a couple of other photographers, and right off the bat I knew she was the right fit for us. Not only are her photos stunning (her work really speaks for itself), but she is so easy to work with and made this photo awkward bride incredibly comfortable during our shoots. Jokingly, in our first meeting Amy said something about how she sees brides for engagement shoots, the wedding, and then down the road for newborn and family photo shoots. 100%, when we need new photos taken, I'll be tracking Amy down again. She's one of the very best wedding decisions we made!!
    Heather Married on 09/24/2016
    Literally THE BEST!!!

Amy completely put me at ease with her down to earth, fun-loving personality. She is one of those that actually loves what she does and cares about her clients. She has a way about her that she just brings out this joy in people and captures it on camera. She goes above and beyond and is quite the seamstress too. If your zipper ever brakes, don’t worry – she’ll be there to save the day. I cannot recommend her enough! She will absolutely continue to be my go to for any sessions in the future.
    Shelbi Married on 10/23/2015
    Amy Zumwalt is EXTREMELY talented, confident, and hilarious. She knows what she's doing and it was easy to trust her when it came to suggestions about the photography timeline for the day of. I feel like we can relive our wedding over and over again by looking at our pictures. Her creative style makes for photos that definitely do not look like your "typical" wedding photos and that's exactly what we wanted. Thank you Amy!!
    Laura Married on 09/12/2015
    I stressed about finding a wedding photographer. Photos were the most important thing to me since we didn’t hire a videographer. I probably spent three weeks researching, visiting various websites, doing price comparisons, and irrationally comparing their galleries to ones I found on Style Me Pretty. I had a spreadsheet, y’all. Then one day, I came across Amy’s site and was completely blown away. Her work is nothing short of stunning. From the very first phone call to the moment we stepped in our exit car leaving the reception, she was a dream.

She had me laughing and completely at-ease from the very first time I spoke with her. We wanted to do something out-of-the-box for our engagement session and, not only was she completely agreeable, she came up with creative ideas to make it even better than we could have imagined.

Amy kept in contact with us the days leading up to the wedding, coming up with a timeline and asking us for any special requests we had. She remembered every single one of the requests, including our entire wedding party’s names. That was nothing short of astounding. She responded quickly to any questions I had and, when we had to change venues unexpectedly, was very flexible and positive. On the big day, Amy and Nikki, were simply incredible. They both had everyone laughing and completely comfortable. They kept the perfect balance of the traditional wedding photos you have to get with unique poses and candid moments.

The passion she has comes through every photo. It was evident that she was not just there to take pictures - she brings excitement, creativity, and playfulness to everything she does. Her wonderful attitude is completely contagious - she will pull the beauty and creativity forward in any situation. My new husband and I are so grateful that we had the opportunity to work with her.

I cannot stress enough how important it is to invest in quality wedding photography…and there is no one better to do it than Amy Zumwalt.

Amy Zumwalt Photographers's reply:

Wow, thank you so much for these words Laura! I'm also so glad I got to work with you guys as well. :) By the way, I never knew you had a spreadsheet!!! ha!!! I seriously just laughed out loud. You just made my whole day. ;) XOXO
    Kristin Married on 08/15/2015
    AMAZING WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER! Very professional, efficient, respectful, fun and takes an artistic approach to wedding photography. Images come out looking different than your run of the mill wedding photographer and that was a huge plus for me. Planned an efficient timeline, responded to questions and suggestions promptly, second shooter was equally as talented and professional. I had preview images within two days of my wedding, that is almost unheard of! Her pricing is reasonable and definitely worth it for wedding pictures! Absolutely thrilled to have had Amy and Nikki shoot my wedding and reception! I will recommend her to everyone I know looking for a wedding photographer!

Amy Zumwalt Photographers's reply:

Thanks so much Kristin. We had so much fun, and your wedding was beautiful. You guys were a dream to work with. Much love! xoxoxo
  • User2195938 2+ years ago
    We love Amy!! Not only does she have tremendous talent, unique eye, and obvious passion for what she does, but she is a total goob! We had so much fun every time we were around Amy, mostly because of her goofy and personable self, but also because we trusted her so much. Her images completely speak for themselves. There is no doubt that she knows what she is doing and that allowed us to enjoy ourselves and not worry about what kind of pictures are being produced. That was priceless to me! Photography was also the number one area that I would not compromise on and I look brilliant because of it. Amy made us look much more impressive than we actually are! ;) We have received countless compliments on our engagement and wedding pictures, often from those who don't easily give compliments! We are so happy with our images and our decision!

Thanks Amy! We are so grateful for who you are and your incredible gifts that allow us to treasure special moments for a lifetime!!
  • User2144515 2+ years ago
    Amy was wonderful--so much fun to work with and just in general! Felt like she was one of my friends and we hit it off right away at the first meeting! She's funny, easygoing, flexible, attentive, creative, talkative, and puts you at ease, which is priceless if you or your fiance/husband aren't comfortable getting your picture taken.

Her work is so thoughtful and beautifully done--this is magazine-worthy work, not just "nice pictures". Wedding photography is something worth spending the bulk of your budget on, in my opinion, because they're photos of a very special day that, unfortunately, you're unlikely to remember later, and that you and family will look back on and reminisce over for years to come. She also works with wonderful photographers to be her assistants--the girl she brought with her on my wedding day, I believe her name is Nikki--is a lot like Amy: funny, easygoing, creative, and an amazing photographer.

I'm SO GLAD Amy was available for me--she did my bridals, my boudoir, and my wedding!!
    Laura Married on 04/18/2015
    The amazingness that is Amy is unreal! Working with her on my wedding day was a dream. Her creativity, attention to detail, ability to keep us on schedule, and lovely personality really made our day that much more special. I cannot get enough of the photographs that she took. They are so beautiful! Thank you, Amy!! I really cannot express how happy I am that we were able to work together.
    Katherine Married on 10/12/2013
    My husband and worked with Amy for our engagement and wedding photographs. I have to say I was bit nervous looking for a photographer because you really want to have good photos! We talked to several photographer and new Amy was the one for us. From the moment we met I felt comfortable and at ease knowing she would photographing these very special events.

She is EXTREMELY talented and really has a good eye. On our wedding day she found this "wooded" area that she thought would be good for photos - I would have never seen what she saw - those were some of the most beautiful photos! I highly recommend Amy she is professional, responsive to emails and great to work with. You won't be disappointed.
    Brittany Married on 08/31/2013
    Any bride would be so lucky to have Amy capture her wedding day!! Amy made my wedding day completely stress free and letting me and my new husband fully enjoy our day. She was able to capture so many special moments between my husband and I plus all of our guests and family. I would choose Amy 100x over if we had to choose again. You would be missing out compeltely if you dont give her a call!!!