Amy Wu Photography Reviews

24 | Herndon, VA

24 Reviews for Amy Wu Photography

24 Amy Wu Photography Reviews

Rachel · Married on 08/18/2018

Amy was the perfect photographer and exceeded all of our expectations. She was everything we were hoping for and more. We never thought about doing an engagement shoot, but it was included in our package. After our engagement session we knew we made the right decision. On our wedding day Amy composed and executed beautiful portraits, we were even ahead of schedule. Shelly, her second shooter, was great and able to capture even more memories for us. Amy and Shelly captured the ceremony and reception beautifully and gave us photos we will treasure.

Sent on 10/07/2018

Amy Wu Photography's reply:

Awwwww thank you so much Rachel and Alex! :) It was such an honor to be your wedding photographer! Thank you for trusting me to document your important day. I loved getting to know you both and I wish you many years of happiness and love! ~xoxo, Amy

Stephanie · Married on 06/02/2018

Amy was my absolute favorite vendor to work for during the course of my wedding planning. She is so responsive, professional and sweet- you will want to be best friends with her by the time you are done with your wedding! Everyone is still raving about how wonderful our wedding photos turned out too. She was absolutely the best choice we could have made for our photographer.

Sent on 10/30/2017

Amy Wu Photography's reply:

Thank you Stephanie taking the time for your review. You and Justin so wonderful to work with! I loved your beautiful wedding and meeting both of your families and friends. Keep in touch!!! xoxo, Amy

Erin · Married on 05/05/2018

I initially did not want to hire a professional photographer for our small wedding. I am SO GLAD my husband convinced me we should hire a pro and that we found Amy. Amy is amazing. She was flexible on packages to meet our needs. Her communication was prompt and friendly. She arrived early on our wedding day. Even more important, taking pictures with Amy was fun. You can tell Amy really enjoys the work she does and genuinely cares about the couples she photographs. I was delighted by working with Amy and the final product. She deserves all the stars and then some!

Amy Wu Photography 1

Correll · Married on 05/05/2018

Amy did an excellent job during this process from beginning to end. Whenever we had questions about anything she answered them promptly and handle all situations with such professionalism. She did a wonderful job during our wedding day capturing this special day not only for us, but our families and friends. I highly recommend Amy for your special moments.

Jaafar · Married on 04/21/2018

I am a DJ and I worked with Amy December last year at a corporate event in sterling, VA and she was amazing! I worked with so many photographers and videographer for the last 5 years but she WINS. She was very friendly with the guests , very interactive meaning not lazy and professional. I asked her to share some of the photos that she took for me, the photos were great! Loved them. I highly recommend her because I have been recommending her since to my clients.

Charlene · Married on 11/04/2017

Amy was our engagement and wedding photographer and I can't recommend her enough!! Working with her was the best and we could tell she spent a lot of time and effort coming up with an overall vision for how she wanted our pictures to look. She even went to check out our venue ahead of time to get an idea of where the best photo spots were! Amy is super thorough and experienced, and throughout our entire engagement she would check in with us to make sure we're on the same page. Communicating with her was a breeze as she was always responsive and helpful. We loved the energy she brought to our engagement shoot and our wedding- very positive and relaxed, efficient, and not too intrusive. You can tell she genuinely loves what she does and it shows in her work. Thank you for everything, Amy!! -Charlene & Josh

Lei · Married on 10/12/2017

Amy is great! She is nice and professional, easy to communicate, good at capturing special moments. Definitely recommended!

Sent on 11/02/2017

Amy Wu Photography's reply:

Thank you Lei for your review! I loved meeting Ty and your family and friends. I am so glad I was able to help document your beautiful wedding day! :)

Nicha · Married on 10/08/2017

WOW! Words cannot express how absolutely Amy is! She is extremely passionate about her work and it shows! I found Amy through another vendor and I am so glad I did! From start to finish, Amy was so wonderful with her quality of service, responsiveness, professionalism, value, and flexibility. She is an amazing photographer and became a great friend to my husband and I. She takes beautiful traditional and candid photos and will go above and beyond just to make sure that you and your spouse-to-be are perfectly happy! I would recommend Amy to any bride out there!

Sent on 11/16/2017

Amy Wu Photography's reply:

Awww Nicha, thank you so so much for the awesome review! :) I'm so happy that you liked your photos and the service I provided, I hope we will always keep in touch! xoxo, Amy

Mary · Married on 09/30/2017

Amy was great to work with from the beginning. She was able to provide excellent service within our budget. She captured our special day with amazing photos and she was patient while working with our large Bridal Party. We will definitely work with her again!

Sent on 10/30/2017
    Amy Wu Photography 6
    Amy Wu Photography 7
    Amy Wu Photography 8

Amy Wu Photography's reply:

Thank you Mary and Mayo so much for your kind words. Your wedding was absolutely beautiful and I am so happy I was given the opportunity to help document your wedding day! xoxo, Amy

Amina · Married on 07/01/2017

We can't recommend Amy enough! We did an initial engagement session with her and loved our photographs, so the peace of mind that we experienced allowed us to relax and trust in her photographic eye. I specifically chose Amy because she had captured diverse events and ours was a unique wedding event over several days. Also, I loved her attention to detail, family dynamics, and maximizing the existing surroundings and environment to make each photograph gorgeous. She fit right in with the family, was extremely organized, and we received our wedding pictures before our agreed upon dates. She sets the standard for professionalism, ease, and pride in work. We are so grateful for you, Amy and can't thank you enough!

Amy Wu Photography 9
    Amy Wu Photography 14
    Amy Wu Photography 15
    Amy Wu Photography 16

Veronica · Married on 05/28/2017

Amy was AMAZING! Easy to work with, very flexible. Our pictures are more than I could ask for. Breathtaking, gorgeous and fun. She captured every aspect of our day! For that I am truly grateful.

Sent on 06/25/2017

Amy Wu Photography's reply:

Awwww Veronica, I am touched by your review and I have some happy tears now!! Thank you! I loved being able to spend the day with you and Oscar. You guys were so easy to work with and you looked SO beautiful in your lovely gown, I'll never forget your special day!! -xoxo Amy

Bryce · Married on 05/27/2017

Amy is professional, accommodating, friendly, and helpful. She kept in touch with us frequently in the months and weeks leading up to our wedding. We were going through a lot of other big events as well, and we were mostly flying in the dark with respect to the wedding. Amy understood and extracted the information she needed to fulfill her part without much direction from us. The photos she took are beautiful!

Sent on 06/22/2017

Amy Wu Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the review! Your wedding day was beautiful and you guys were so easy to work with! Thank you for making me a part of your guest at dinner time :) Good luck to both of you with your future endeavors, I am so happy for you guys! xoxo Amy

Kristina · Married on 05/20/2017

Finding Amy was such a blessing! Mu husband and I ADORE our pictures and we adore Amy even more. We considered ourselves "not picture people" but Amy is so comfortable to be around and she's very easy going. She gets excited when she takes the pictures and it gets you even more excited! For the very low cost of her service you get SO much and the pictures are stunning. I can't tell you how grateful we are to have found her. We definitely will be using her when our family grows!

Sent on 06/06/2017

Amy Wu Photography's reply:

Thank you for your review! From your engagement session to your wedding day I just loved being able to help capture it all. You and Sean are such a sweet couple, I loved that you were such a chill bride and you could "read" me when you knew I took a photo I was especially excited about! :) Can't wait to watch you guys grow your family! -xoxo Amy

Grace · Married on 04/04/2017

i hired Amy Wu twice for our family photos. She was extremely professional and very personable. Amy had really creative ideas of locations and background shots. Our family photos came out great both times, she really captured our family essence!

Amy Wu Photography's reply:

Thank you Grace for your kind review! I have enjoyed our sessions together and hope to photograph more of your beautiful family! :)

Eric · Married on 12/16/2016

Amy is such a great photographer, not only did she take beautiful photos at our event, but she helped develop a strategy for the day that really made things easier on the bride and groom. She was very professional, I could tell she took her time getting great shots. She's well worth the price, and i'll hire her again. I would highly recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 12/21/2016

Amy Wu Photography's reply:

Thanks Eric for your sweet comments! Glad I was able to capture the photos for you guys!

Lauretta · Married on 11/05/2016

Working with and hiring Amy Wu Photography was one of the best decisions I've made this past year as a small business owner. I worked with Amy on 4 occasions in 2016: on a styled wedding photo shoot, as her second shooter for a multi-location summer wedding, as a second shooter for a wedding in which I was a bridesmaid and also hired her as my associate photographer for a military ball of over 600 attendees.

Amy's images from the military ball were absolutely beautiful. She was able to create lasting memories for the couples and families who came by the photo station to get their formals taken. Amy is also well versed in how to set up lights for various photography situations and that played an important role in both the military ball and the weddings.

As as wedding professional, Amy is accommodating and flexible. She makes her clients feel comfortable and always goes the extra mile to ensure that all their special requests are met. Her portfolio is diverse and she caters to clients from all walks of life and cultures. Amy's images are classic yet timely, and can capture different styles while maintaining the same richness and details throughout. And let's talk about her gorgeous ring shots... some of the best that I've seen in the wedding industry!

Amy Wu Photography truly stands out in professionalism, creativity, and quality of service for all your photography needs. They love what they do and I highly recommend them for your weddings, engagements and other life events!

Sent on 12/21/2016

Amy Wu Photography's reply:

Thanks Laura for your detailed review! I really appreciate your sweet and thoughtful words! :)

Chau · Married on 10/01/2016

I love Amy! I've worked with her for over 6 years and she has done an excellent job every time! Her pictures are sharp and the colors are amazing! I highly recommend Amy to all my friends!

Sent on 09/16/2016

Amy Wu Photography's reply:

Thanks Chau, you're the best! I've loved watching your family grow!! :)

Kirsten · Married on 08/07/2016

I would absolutely recommend Amy to my friends and family. I've never had professional pictures taken before and she did an amazing job putting me at ease and making me feel comfortable. I left everything in Amy's hands from the location, coordinating our outfits, and posing us just right to capture this very special time in our lives. She did an amazing job! I look forward to booking a date with her to photograph our sweet baby boy and the family we have become. Thank you Amy. You are the best!

Sent on 10/09/2016

Amy Wu Photography's reply:

Thanks Kirsten! I loved your photos and how they turned out!! :) Such a beautiful mama!!!
  • W

Wendy · Married on 07/28/2016

Amy was wonderful to work with for our engagement pictures. She planned out a wonderful afternoon at the Library of Congress and around DC. The images were perfect and Amy had the pictures ready for us quickly. We loved them all.

Amy Wu Photography's reply:

Hey Wendy! Thanks for your review! You and Jamey were awesome! I'm glad you liked your photos!! =)
  • W

Wendy · Married on 07/28/2016

Amy came to our family r caption after we returned from our elopement in Florida to take some family and candid pictures for us. She did a fabulous job. I'm so glad we have these images of our families.

Amy Wu Photography's reply:

Awwww, I wish I was packed in your suitcase for your elopement but still happy that I got to document the party your family threw for you guys! xoxo-Amy

Angela · Married on 10/02/2011

My husband and I used Amy to photograph our engagement session in Richmond, VA at Maymount Park. She is very personable, which made us feel comfortable getting in front of the camera. We walked all over the place (Sorry Amy, I get distracted easily) and she didn't complain one bit! Her poses were also fun a creative...not your typical prom poses...lol. When you are engaged or are getting married, book Amy! You won't regret it!

Sent on 10/09/2015

Amy Wu Photography's reply:

Hey Angela, thanks for your review! :) As always, I've got my camera in hand for you! xoxo- Amy

Jenny

Amy was wonderful. She took my maternity and newborn pictures. She took her time and was very accommodating. She even let me stop and feed my newborn. The pictures are proudly displayed in my foyer and I continue to get compliments on them.

Sent on 09/19/2016

Amy Wu Photography's reply:

Hey Jenny-thanks for the opportunity to photograph you and your beautiful family! I still remember Baby #2's newborn session! :)

Talal · Married on 08/31/2018

Amy was wonderful, patient, courteous, passionate, and extremely professional. I loved her recommendations and her desire to make sure we get what we wanted. I’m looking forward to the pictures and I can’t wait to see them. I would hire Amy for ANY event in the future because that’s how pleased we were with her service.