Amy Theilig Photographic Reviews

Amy Theilig Photographic 5
Amy Theilig Photographic 6
Amy Theilig Photographic 7

Tyler · Married on 03/25/2012

Amy was great! I would recommend her to anyone getting married. She was very professional and fun to work with. My wife and I are very happy with our wedding pictures and no one else would have done it better for us.

Sent on 12/18/2014

Kristin · Married on 11/12/2011

I haven't seen my pictures yet, but it's only been two weeks. However, I LOVED having Amy as my photographer. She photographed my best friends wedding which is how I found her. Other than the posed pictures, I hardly knew she was there, which I really liked. Her approach was unobtrusive and she and her assistant are so nice, so flexible and have great ideas. Some of the shots she was taking were followed with "I love it!" and "WOW!" I think she surprised herself with some of the shots she took. I absolutely can't wait to see our pictures and will update this review once we see them.

Sent on 11/29/2011

Kourtney · Married on 08/13/2011

Being one of the most important days of my life, pictures were highly valued.

We got married in 2011 at Greystone Mansion in Beverly Hills. Amy was recommended to my husband by one of his friends. I can't express to you how grateful I am to have had Amy present at our wedding to capture the moment. Amy's talent as a photographer was evident in her ability to not only encompass the beautiful landscape our location had to offer, but the elegant hollywood architecture as well.

Her pictures had style and created a unique look that I will always treasure. My wedding album is something I will always look at and love.

Not only did Amy capture the special day of our wedding, but she continues to capture special moments in our lives. Amy photographed my first born's pictures and will soon photograph my daughter (born this October 2013). Amy has also done family sessions for us. Every picture was gorgeous.

Amy comes highly recommended. She always shows up with a smile and a pleasant demeanor, is professional and very talented.

Sent on 11/05/2013
  • Sheila

Sheila · Married on 11/21/2010

Amy equals AMAZING! She listened to our ideas and worked with our budget. She is very approachable and very comfortable to work with. We couldn't have asked for more in a photographer, Amy is the total package. One of my bridal portrait is featured on my hair and make-up stylist’s website (colinasaloninc.com) and my husband’s picture was also featured on the Sole Collector magazine. That’s how great our pictures came out. She has done family and special occasion shoots for my family as well. Please visit her website http://www.amytphoto.com and check her work :)

Sent on 02/13/2011

Rebecca · Married on 10/16/2010

If you need a GREAT photographer, call Amy now! She did our wedding last year and I couldn't be happier with the process or our finished product, my album is BEAUTIFUL!! First of all Amy is really easy to work with. She is easy going, fun, and patient about understanding what you want from her, while still being assertive, confident and super professional while she is working.
    When I got my proofs, a few weeks after our wedding, I was really excited. There were so many great shots, from posed, to candid, to family, to the details they were everything I had hoped for and a whole lot more. Amy has great style and really caught the emotion and feeling of the day in her pictures perfectly. Then when I received my album and I was FLOORED, it's FANTASTIC!!! She really has a knack for composition and design. All of our friends and family loved it too. I'm thrilled that out of the 4 photographers we met with we choose Amy. Give her a call, you won't be sorry.

Sent on 03/12/2012
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 10/08/2010

Amy is a wonderful person who's an incredible photographer with class and style! We chose her because of the style of the photos she takes. We've looked over our wedding album so many times yet each time there's something new to see that reminds us how happy we are with Amy and her crew! Not only were Amy and her crew wonderful photographers but they were very thoughtful and genuinely caring.
    Amy's style and quality of photos are definitely a head above the rest, and even after meeting with several photographers we knew Amy was the one!
    Choose Amy Theilig, she's the best decision you can make!

Bride's note: Amy and her assistant were so great to work with and I must say that our album turned out absolutely gorgeous! Amy's assistant (I unfortunately can't remember her name) was great and was running around doing anything she could to help us. She even slid around on the bench to wipe it off before I sat down! We really appreciated their hard work and the extra time they spent with us to get awesome shots!

Sent on 09/14/2011

Stephanie · Married on 09/19/2010

In one word Amy is AMAZING!!! Photos are so imprtant for a special day such as your wedding and Amy did not disappoint in any way. She is extremely easy to communicate with and really understood the direction we were going for. We couldn't have been happier with the outcome it was the perfect ending to a perfect day!

Sent on 02/17/2011

Erin · Married on 07/08/2010

Working with Amy was fantastic! She has such a calm presence and artistic eye that she was able to get so many amazing pictures without us even realizing. It was difficult to narrow down our choices for enlargements because there were so many that were great. Amy sat with us and we edited the album together. The way she organized the pictures for the album really told not only the story but gave a sense of the emotions and tone of the day. The photos are such an important part of the wedding day and I really trusted Amy's professional and artistic eye. My husband and I just celebrated out one year anniversary and we found out that we are expecting. We want to continue to work with Amy for pregnancy and baby pictures!

Sent on 07/28/2011

Valerie · Married on 06/12/2010

In a word, Amy is AWESOME. She did our engagement pictures two months before the wedding and they turned our spectacular, so I didn't worry at all about the wedding the day. Our wedding album is about 20 lbs and everyone has been raving about it.

She was extremely professional at our wedding. She direct everyone with ease and grace. I really like her style. The color and the composition are really amazing. She likes to have clean shots, nothing too dramatic or artsy like some other photographers I have seen. Its really up to your own personal taste but she is very contemporary. She always called back right away or replied to my emails quickly. She gave me random advice on stuff because she has been in the business for awhile. I loved her personality.

I highly recommend her to every bride. I didn't really look around much at other photographers so I don't know if she is expensive or not but you can't put a cost on good photographs. Since most people will only get married once, its important to not let cost get in the way. I learned that the hard way with my terrible videographer who I cheaped out on so I am even more grateful that our wedding pictures turn out well. Some things you can cheap out because no one will remember them like wedding favors but you will have your photographs forever.

Sent on 12/29/2010

Rachel · Married on 11/15/2009

Amy did an amazing job.
    She was very professional, calm and understanding. Best thing about her is that she's invisible through the event busy taking candid moments that will provide you a life time of memories.
    I have so many gorgeous pictures it was really hard to choose ones for our wedding album.
    I love her work.
    I recommend her to anyone who wants an amazing photographer.

Sent on 05/10/2010

Keya · Married on 08/29/2009

The photos we received from Amy Theilig photography were incredible. Our whole family loved the shots and very much appreciated how quickly Amy worked. She really knew what she was doing and she gave quick, helpful direction to us in order to get some amazing photos.

Sent on 07/03/2010

Margie · Married on 08/01/2009

A friend of ours recommended Amy as our wedding photographer & after seeing her wedding album we booked a meeting with Amy. As soon as we met with her we knew she would be our wedding photographer, her portfolio was so impressive we booked right away. Well that was the best decision we made. Our pictures are absolutely stunning! Amy is so incredibly talented, she has a gift for capturing special moments & taking beautiful shots, we are constantly showing off our wedding album. We were so happy Amy was there to capture this amazing day! Since then we have used her for our baby shower & new born baby pictures.

Sent on 12/09/2013

Antoni · Married on 07/11/2009

Amy is a wonderful photographer! We love our wedding photos and the beautiful album she made. She is easy to work with. We love Amy! We highly recommend her.

Sent on 11/29/2015

Sandy · Married on 06/13/2009

Outstanding! Unobtrusive. With her artistic eye and skilled photography, Amy captured the personality of this individual wedding. She told the story.
    She was everywhere, quietly, subtly. Exactly what we wanted.
    She recorded all the significant events, as well as many special moments. What a great surprise to "see" things (through the photos)that we had missed on the day!
    The photos had personality, never stiff or staged.
    Our album is a work of art, a treasure.

Sent on 05/17/2010

Rick · Married on 06/07/2009

We couldn't be happier with the service we've gotten from Amy. The day of our wedding, she was very efficient while at the same time making everyone feel comfortable. Since then, as we've been reviewing our proofs and later our album layouts, she has been very flexible in working with our hectic schedules. The photos as well as the composition of the album are outstanding. We've recommended her to our friends, and if we had our own event to do over again, we would still choose Amy Theilig Photographic.

Sent on 07/06/2010

Becks · Married on 05/23/2009

Our wedding was on a tight budget, but we were really picky about photography, so looking for a great photographer at our price range was difficult and frustrating. We were so lucky we found Amy!

Amy is very professional yet personable, which was really helpful in capturing our guests during the reception and portraits. She also managed to make my husband relax his facial muscles during our engagement shoot which was no easy task! All my bridesmaids and family members were very comfortable with her when she was capturing us getting dressed and made up before the wedding.

Our ceremony was held at the Wayfarers Chapel. The chapel only allowed photographers to stand by the entry door, not by the altar so that they don't disturb the ceremony. I was worried about her missing our important moments because of the distance, but Amy did a great job capturing our facial expressions. I don't know if she used a tripod but all pictures were clear even though she had to use a long distance zoom lens. If she handheld then she's got really steady hands! Wayfarers is also notorious for their tight schedule. I think we only had an hour before the ceremony and an hour after the ceremony for all the pictures. Amy knew the schedule well and knew all the good spots for photos, so I didn't feel rushed during my separate bridal session before the ceremony. All of our important guests (close friends and family) could also take photos with us within the short window after the ceremony thanks to Amy's gental yet firm conduct.

You can easily find out Amy's technical skills in her amazing photos. If her price works with your budget, make sure to arrange a meeting with her and you'll know what I mean about her great personality!

Sent on 05/13/2010

Marc · Married on 03/28/2009

Amy was awesome. Our Photos and Albums look great and she really captured our event. She's professional, on time, and answers her email. We'd definitely recommend her.

Sent on 06/12/2010

betty · Married on 11/22/2008

On top of being a fantastic person to work with - Amy does amazing work. My wedding album looked like a magazine layout. Amy is fun, easy to work with, responsive and very professional. I would highly recommend Amy to anyone for any event.

Sent on 05/20/2010

Nicole · Married on 08/23/2008

Amy is by far one of THE BEST photographers I have ever seen. She shot our wedding and I gave her full reigns in choosing the photos for our album and honestly when I saw what she came up with I felt like she had created a fairy tale book documenting our special day. It's like she took each picture that day knowing its place in our album.
    Since then we have had a little girl and needless to say Amy has continued to capture special moments for our little family.
    If you are looking for a photographer who wants nothing more than to capture your special day for you and the beginning of your fairy tale.

Sent on 12/01/2013

Kathleen · Married on 06/28/2008

Amy does pretty much all the weddings at Shade in Manhattan Beach. Her book is right there are the front desk if you'd like to check it out. She does amazing work. Not only did she do my wedding, but she also did my Matron of Honor's wedding two years ago. I highly recommend Amy!

Sent on 07/15/2008

Jessica · Married on 12/01/2007

I was so nervous about finding the perfect photographer who could make our wedding album just the way I wanted. After meeting with several different photographers, I came across Amy's name at a local bridal show. We met at Coffee Bean (I remember the day bc I was so excited after seeing her work) and I knew after speaking with Amy for 5 minutes that she was going to be great to work with. Then, she showed us her sample albums and we were sold! Not only did she have a great, friendly personality, but her creative journalistic abilities were amazing, and we got to see proof of that before booking. We left Coffee Bean and decided that instant that we found that perfect photographer. Amy did an amazing job of making everyone feel comfortable and getting us all relaxed for the photos. We were actually sad to say goodbye at the end of the evening. Amy did a great job and the quality of our album was perfect!

Sent on 04/04/2012

Lani · Married on 11/17/2007

I cannot say enough great things about Amy!!

If you are reading this review, then you're probably searching for a photographer to capture memories of a special day in your life. You need to hire Amy immediately! She is the perfect person for the job, no matter what the occasion.

We had the pleasure of working with Amy back in 2007 when she photographed our engagement session and wedding day.

To say that Amy is wonderful to work with is an under statement. She is professional, personable, and makes you feel at ease while being photographed. Amy has an amazing eye for photo composition and capturing the emotion of a particular moment-in-time. Beyond her tremendous photography skills, Amy is incredibly skilled at building one-of-a-kind album layouts. It is nearly 10-years later and we still absolutely treasure our wedding album that Amy created for us. It is truly a piece of art.

If you are lucky enough to have the opportunity to work with Amy, do not pass it up. She will give you everything you're looking for on your special day and much, much more.

Sent on 06/05/2016

Andrea · Married on 11/18/2006

Not only are Amy's photographs spectacular- she is an awesome person to work with! Since I have met Amy, she has captured every large and small moment in my life from travelling to my wedding in Napa to an intimate 60th wedding anniversary for my grandparents. I don't need to say more because her work speaks for itself!

Sent on 05/02/2010

Rita · Married on 08/21/2005

Going into our wedding, we knew one of our biggest expenses would be the photographer, so finding a great photographer initially proved to be a stressful, daunting endeavor. However, once we met Amy to discuss our hopes for capturing our wedding on film, we knew we'd found our match, and she immediately put our minds at ease.

Amy is a consummate pro both professionally and creatively. She not only knew what we were looking for, but she also helped crystallize things that we didn't know we were looking for until we sat down and had a consultation with her. Amy is extremely easy to work with, and I attribute this to her innate ability to connect with people from all walks of life. Coupled with her unflappable disposition, she seamlessly wove herself into our wedding day and handled every unforeseen circumstance with aplomb and equanimity. Unless we were directly posing for her, we didn't even know she was there most of the time as she discreetly melted into the background to catch amazing shots that my husband and I clearly missed at the wedding!

Which brings me to arguably the most central and significant component of Amy's abilities that distinguishes her from other photographers -- her eye. She possesses an uncanny capacity for quickly identifying and capturing those magical, fleeting moments from a wedding day: from the preparation to the final dance. My husband has often noted that he's never seen more beautiful pictures of me, and that's not merely because I had a good makeup artist or a lovely dress that day.

Taking wonderful pictures, however, is not enough. They must also be assembled into an album with artistic expertise, and here again, Amy blew away all of our expectations. She put together a magazine-style album that wasn't simply a loose collection of family photos and scenery, but rather a photo essay that told the living story of one of the most important days in my life.

Throughout this entire process, Amy was extremely generous with her time and thoughtful input. Since our wedding day, we've used Amy for other occasions, and she brought the same professionalism and dynamic creativity every time. Without reservation, I can wholeheartedly recommend Amy for your wedding. She will help take a lot of the guesswork out and put a lot of the magic in.

Sent on 06/24/2010

Jennifer · Married on 10/02/2016

Amy is a GREAT wedding photographer! Our photos turned out beautifully and we absolutely cherish them. Her photography was an incredible value. Our wedding was a couple months ago in October 2016 at the Los Verdes Golf Course. She had a lot of experience at the venue already.

I highly recommend hiring a 2nd photographer through her too like we did. Having 2 photographers allowed us to get even more gorgeous shots – one could be snapping a must-have moment while the other could snap a sentimental moment that was happening at the same time.

I had looked online beforehand and knew I wanted a shot of me and the groom under my veil, so I asked her on the wedding day and she was happy to oblige. If there are a couple shots/poses you know you want, figure it out in advance so you can ask her! You don’t want to regret it later. After the wedding day it’s too late. Same for which people you’d like to group together in pictures.

She did a phone call with us beforehand to talk through important things for her to know and shots we wanted which was really helpful. A couple parts during the day felt rushed, like the family shots and wedding party shots, but she had warned me of that in advance since we only did the 6 hour package, and the photos still turned out beautifully.
    She also recommended the lighthouse for our first look, and it was great!

Amy was one of the vendors we got to know the least on a personal level, just because we didn't have a lot of conversation beforehand except for a few emails and the 30 minute call where we got down to business, but that was okay, she is great at what she does and it shows! One reason we chose her is because of her experience and her extensive education in art and photography which you can find on her website.

Sent on 12/30/2016