Amy Maddox Photography Reviews

88 | Houston, TX

88 Reviews for Amy Maddox Photography

Erin · Married on 07/27/2018

Such a sweet and innovative artist, she has such a great vision and was a joy to work with!

Sent on 04/16/2018

Kyla · Married on 07/21/2018

Amy was great to work with! I was planning my wedding from afar so I wasn’t able to meet her ahead of time which can be nerve-racking. However, she was great, as well as her partner. I was pleased with their work and professionalism. I’m not the easiest person to take photos of and am often very uncomfortable but she made it a breeze.

Sent on 10/10/2018

Kirsten · Married on 07/15/2018

I had a wonderful experience with Amy!! She is very thorough and detailed and knew what kind of photos we wanted. On the day of the wedding she surprised me by arriving early and her and her second shooter made us all feel at ease. She goes above and beyond to get the most beautiful photos, and she is very personable and friendly. I couldn’t have imagined a better person to capture one of the best days of my life. I highly recommend!!

Sent on 07/16/2018

Trang · Married on 06/30/2018

From our own experience, Amy is one of the best wedding photographers you can get in Houston!
    Amy is professional, friendly, and hard working.
    My husband and I were not really used to posing but during our engagement session, Amy made it so easy for us to get comfortable in front of the camera and the pictures turned out amazing!
    At our reception, Amy did a great job paying attention to the details and staying focus the whole night. We got pictures taken with all of our guests and everybody loved them!
    Moreover, I gotta say I LOVE her speed of work. She gave us our engagement photos in 3 days and our reception photos in 1 week! We were really impressed!
    Working with Amy was a wonderful experience, and we were so happy that we chose her to capture one of the most important moments of our lives.

Jeremy · Married on 06/24/2018

Amy is the real deal. She was incredibly patient and thorough at our wedding and our photos came out perfectly. Her package came with a 2nd shooter and we're so glad we got one. Pay attention to style folks, Amy's is top-tier by far, and she's incredibly easy and fun to talk to. The package also came with an engagement shoot where we were able to get to know her before the wedding and I think this helps out a lot especially when many of the wedding guests were from different countries/cultural backgrounds/age brackets. On top of that, her photos came back INCREDIBLY fast all on an easy to download site for us to enjoy right away. It's an incredible feeling seeing the pictures, because you basically have a chance to relive all the great moments all over again. For all those shopping around for photographers you simply have to consider Amy because she really has it all.

Sent on 08/25/2018

Mary · Married on 06/23/2018

I cannot recommend Amy enough. No matter what your photography needs are--but especially for a wedding! There is so much to stress about regarding a wedding so I was relieved that all of my dealings with Amy were a breeze. It was such a relief leading up to my big day, that I knew I was in good hands and could trust her to capture all of our happy memories. She is a really clear communicator, helpful and clearly has a true passion for what she does. She will go to great lengths to get the perfect shot and will put you at ease even if you have zero experience being photographed. She will direct you to adjust your positioning to avoid looking stiff or overly posed and elicits genuine smiles/laughter out of you. All of this makes for beautiful pictures that will last a lifetime.

Sent on 07/01/2018
  • Irina

Irina · Married on 06/01/2018

My favorite photographer ever!

Amy is the professional photographer and nice person!
    I had a lot of experience working with her as a model and as a stylist.
    And everything was perfect.

I highly recommend this photographer!
    She is the best!

Sent on 11/10/2019

Alivia · Married on 04/21/2018

Any is an amazing photographer. Even though we planned to take pictures outside, she was able to work around the rain and still capture our beautiful day.

Karli Himarios · Married on 04/09/2018

Absolutely amazing!

I have worked with Amy on several occasions and she and her husband are AMAZING! She is always super sweet, professional and an absolute joy to work with! Not to mention her finished product always exceeds expectations. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer!

Sent on 10/22/2019

Levi · Married on 02/10/2018

Great to work with, professional.

Amy is a super talented photographer, and she makes working with her a walk in the park for any vendor! If you’ve been with her for 5 minutes, you already feel like you know her!

Sent on 10/19/2019

Anh · Married on 01/27/2018

I had a wonderful experience with Amy. I hire her for our wedding photography and our pictures come out excellent. She captured all of the moments during our wedding. Highly recommend Amy for your photographer! Thanks Amy, We love all the pictures that you took!

Sent on 02/15/2018
  • Amber

Amber Oberg · Married on 01/10/2018

Amy is a Gem of a Photographer

You can stop your search here -- Amy Maddox is everything you've been looking for! My husband and I hired Amy to take couples photos of us and were blown away with the beautiful results. We were looking for someone who could grasp the essence of "us"; so that we wouldn't look uncomfortable or stiff, like in other photos we've had taken before by different photographers. I wouldn't describe myself or my husband as photogenic but Amy did an excellent job instructing poses and giving tips on what to do with our hands, how to stand, etc. If a pose felt awkward, Amy was receptive and worked with us to capture a moment that felt more natural. When we received our final images, we couldn't believe how beautiful we looked. The sunlight complimented us in each shot, giving us an airy glow. Amy's photography style is timeless; we will look back on these photos several years from now and still love them.

Sent on 10/22/2019

chris · Married on 01/01/2018

I've worked with Amy on several different occasions and she has always been incredibly professional, creative and accommodating. Highly recommended!

Sent on 01/28/2018

Callista · Married on 11/04/2017

Amy is an Amazing PHOTOGRAPHER!! Her pictures are beautifully done. I can not wait until I get married so she can make my day memorable

Sent on 07/26/2017

Araceli · Married on 08/20/2017

You will make the best decision by selecting Amy Maddox as your event photographer! Amy is that valuable but rare combination of creative photographer and hardworking professional. She is also very insightful and patient with her photo subjects and she works really hard to get the perfect photographs. We had fun working with her and were incredibly pleased with the Gorgeous Photos. Amy is the best!!

Sent on 08/10/2017

Chris · Married on 08/07/2017

I've worked with Amy in a professional setting and she is by far one of the hardest working photographers that I've meet. Her photographic eye is great and her personality is not only professional but very pleasant. She always engages her clients in an admirable way and I wouldn't hesitate to hire her for any photographic services I need.

Sent on 08/07/2017

James · Married on 07/09/2017

Amy is a superb professional with an artist's eye. With her work you always get more than a photograph. She is able to capture those illusive life "moments" that tell a story and bring back the event, that day, those people vividly to the mind and eye. She is the best of the best. I recommend her enthusiastically and without reservations. With Amy's work, you are never disappointed!

Sent on 08/02/2017

Janet · Married on 07/02/2017

I highly recommend Amy. She is an excellent photographer with a fantastic eye for composition along with exceptional post-production skills. She has a friendly, approachable personality and an ability to make people feel at ease in front of a camera. She is discreet but also has an ability to take charge when needed. Her enthusiasm and passion for her work is evident in the images she captures and the story they tell. I'm SO thankful that we selected Amy to shoot our event.

Sent on 07/27/2017

Maria · Married on 07/01/2017

Amy is more than a photographer. She is a friend who genuinely cares about capturing whatever you need/want and making it look 10x better. She's so uplifting, and encouraging. Being in front of a camera can be a bit intimidating, but she makes you feel so comfortable and I am a firm believer that if you're not comfortable with your photographer, then IT WILL SHOW. But Amy makes you feel like you're in the room with a friend and she is truly a gem. Not to mention worth every penny. Love this lady! Girl power!

Sent on 07/26/2017

Jessica · Married on 06/30/2017

Look no further if you need a well experienced, energetic, and focused photographer with a flair for the aesthetic.
    I've worked closely with Amy Maddox Photography in many photographic capacities - in front of her camera, at her side assisting, as well as lots of weddings and knowing of her reputation and portfolio. Amy Maddox will make your wedding photo experience seamless, and keep a fresh perspective for how to holistically personalize your wedding, from pinterest board, to client meeting, to those in-between moments that most photographers miss. You'd be a fool not to book her. She is well known in Macon, GA and is spreading her talents to Texas. Don't let this one get a way if you're trying to solidify a wedding - she doesn't know how to disappoint.

Sent on 07/30/2017

Kimberly · event on: 06/26/2017

Amy created beautiful portraits of my daughter who HATES posing for pictures. What a gift! She is very easy to work with and the pictures we received will be treasured forever.

Sent on 07/31/2017

Anakay · Married on 06/25/2017

Amy is the absolute BEST!! She's so down to earth yet professional and so creative and willimg to accommodate your every photography needs. My husband and I love her work and our guest also enjoyed having her and our photos. Amy Maddox is the bomb.com

Sent on 07/27/2017

Christine · event on: 06/14/2017

I worked with Amy on two occasions. She was AMAZING to work with. Amy is very passionate about her craft and it reflects in all of the work she produces. In addition to providing quality work she herself is just a pleasure to work with. She brought a beautiful spirit and great energy to the projects I worked with her on. If I ever have the opportunity to work with her again I would just jump at it!

Sent on 02/03/2018

Rachel · event on: 05/01/2017

Amy is an absolute joy to work with! Not only are her shots and use of light perfect, but she also made my shoots fun. I do not typically feel comfortable in front of a camera, but Amy made me feel amazing! She gave me confidence, helped me pose to get the perfect shots, and was just so wonderfully passionate about her work. I could not recommend a better or more talented photographer for your wedding or ANY event. She's a treasure in this industry.

Sent on 08/09/2017

Pamela · Married on 04/14/2017

Amy was a joy to work with, she took wonderful photos that captured my daughter and son-in-laws personalities. She has an excellent package that includes engagement shots and was at the venue the entire time until the bride and groom departed with a sparkler send off. When we couldn’t think of what needed to be photographed she is able to envision your ask and produce quality photos that captured the moments.