Amy Maddox Photography Reviews

85 Reviews for Amy Maddox Photography

• Katie

Katie Kinzler · Getting married on 03/04/2021

Amy's Awesome, Really!

Amy is the best! She's got an incredible eye, and I wouldn't let anyone else photograph me, period. Our photos are amazing!

Sent on 10/21/2019

Kayla Foran · Getting married on 02/10/2021

Over and beyond

Amy did our maternity pictures and they came out perfect. They were so light and airy. She was wonderful to work with and went over and beyond for us. Completely recommend!!!!!

• Jessika

Jessika Davidson Jefferson · Getting married on 02/05/2021

Best part of my memorial day wedding

Amy was AMAZING! I know for a fact I wouldn't have gotten better photos at an affordable price. The best part was that my VERY camera-shy husband felt incredibly comfortable around Amy because she was so nice and gave him easy to follow directions. Everyone keeps talking about how beautiful the photos are and they keep mentioning how fun Amy and her husband were at the wedding. She captured Ashton Villa perfectly and I would recommend her without a doubt to ANYONE getting married. Thanks Amy!

-Brandon and Jessika Jefferson

Sent on 11/15/2019

Leah Franks · Getting married on 03/11/2020

Amazing photographer that's great to work with!

Looking for a wedding photographer was probably what I spent the most time and effort researching. I was so happy with my decision to work with Amy. She was amazing! We were both initially nervous at our engagement session, but Amy is laid back and knows exactly what she's doing which helped ease our nerves. The engagement photos came quickly and we loved all of them! On the wedding day, Amy was a true professional. You can tell she has done this so many times and is great at getting people's attention and keeping everything moving through all of the bridal party and family photos. We received our photos quickly and again, love allll of them! I highly recommend Amy to any bride looking for a fantastic wedding photographer!!

Sent on 01/11/2020

Noname · Married on 01/01/2020

Amy was extremely flexible. Her price was more than reasonable.

Sent on 08/03/2017
  • Madison

Madison Kirst · Married on 12/21/2019

Excellent is an understatement!

There are not enough words in the English language to express how grateful I am for Amy and Steven. We knew immediately after leaving our interview with Amy that she was going to be our photographer.

As far as packages go, every package Amy offers includes an engagement session so you can get comfortable in front of the camera and in front of her. We had never taken professional photos as a couple before this shoot, and I am so grateful that they take the time to make sure you know what you’re doing before the big day. She also helped me customize the package we chose to meet our needs.

She values her work, your expectations, AND the final product. The location we used for my bridals relies heavily on natural light, and it began POURING rain soon after we began. Amy stopped our shoot, gave me the option to continue with the rest of our session, but highly suggested we schedule a reshoot for a sunnier day. When we rescheduled, she took the cost of the venue booking to make things easier on me AND took time out of her weekend (which are typically reserved for weddings) to make sure we got a perfect shoot with perfect weather.

Our wedding day could not have been captured by a better team. Amy and Steven got along with everyone in the wedding party and family, danced right alongside us, and still managed to capture EVERYTHING. They took care of me when we found out I had a fever and made sure we were taken care of all night. You will never meet two better photographers or people. My family and friends are STILL raving about them, and I am currently trying to figure out what my next reason to book them is going to be!

Sent on 02/13/2020
  • Vivian

Vivian Landeck · Married on 10/19/2019

Awesome Amy

Amy did such a wonderful job with our engagement and wedding pictures, I could not ask for a better experience. Our family and friends continue to tell us daily how amazing our pictures have turned out. Amy truly captures the total experience and all of the emotions of your special day. I will be working with Amy for any and all of my photography needs from here on out! Amy is professional and personable and we just loved working with her. Thank you!

Sent on 11/07/2019

Amy Maddox Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was such a pleasure working with you. You and your friends had me cracking up all day!

Hunter · Married on 10/13/2019

Absolutely a pleasure to work with. Extremely creative and flexible. Took absolutely stunning photos for our engagement and wedding photos. Never had professional pictures taken before, but was blown away with how easy it was. She makes it feel so special.

Sent on 01/29/2018

Sarah Waller · Married on 09/02/2019

Amy is Amazing!

I contacted Amy a couple months before my wedding and she signed on as our photographer, even though she would be booked for two weddings in one day (a morning and evening). We met for the first time for our engagement session, which was something I never planned to do but totally understand why she recommends it, and it was a perfect match! Amy and her husband are amazing people and they made our engagement session easy, comfortable, and perfect. I love those photos we have from that session and am so glad she had us take them. The day of our wedding had a few hiccups, but overall it was wonderful and Amy captured the day perfectly. The photos are stunning and make me smile every time I look at them. We opted to take a post-wedding bridals/family session (so we could have our pups and I could wear my dress again), and that session was just as perfect as the others. Amy knows how to capture her subjects perfectly to show personality and beauty. I will most definitely work with Amy and Steven in the future for all photos!

Sent on 11/20/2019

Amy Maddox Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Your wedding was so much fun! I had never seen the Time Warp dance at a wedding before, but I'm issuing a ruling: it should be mandatory :-).
  • Karelys

Karelys · Married on 08/30/2019

Amazing Photographer & Person

Amy is amazing! We had a lot of fun doing our engagement session and the pictures looked sooo beautiful. Amy has a lot of knowledge and she gave us a lot of tips through out the whole process which made every session easier and more enjoyable. I also got my bridal session with Amy and she was amazing, she is very professional and even though she knows it may get awkward to do so many poses, she jokes and talks to you to make the session more fun. I'm amazed by her work. I'm very pleased with our wedding pictures. There's not enough time on your wedding day to enjoy every single detail you planned but the pictures help you to admire every one of them after your wedding day. Amy did a phenomenal job capturing every small detail from our wedding day and we couldn't be more grateful. This is a day we will never forget and thanks to Amy's work we are going to be able to relieve it every time we look at our pictures.

Sent on 09/11/2019

Angeline · Married on 08/16/2019

Amazing and wonderful.

What she does is amazing. I dont like taking pictures, I never have. But with Amy, it's a whole other experience, I loved having her take pictures. Plus she was amazing on my wedding day, she went above and beyond helping with more than one "snafu" or "hiccup" cause by a not so happy mother of mine. Amy is, simply put, amazing. There truly is no other way to put it.

Sent on 09/04/2019
  • Laura

Laura Castillo Thormaehlen · Married on 07/13/2019

Light and airy and everything you could want!

I knew photography would be my hardest thing to find for three reasons: 1) I needed a minimum of 10 hours, 2) Budget, although I had a fair amount I knew it still might be a little on the low side, and 3) I wasn’t hiring a videographer so I wanted this person to be everything and more. After hours of searching for photographers, I found Amy and knew it was meant to be! The photos she had on her website alone were enough to make me want to hire her without meeting her. But, after meeting with her cool and funny self I couldn’t help but be sold! If you want light and airy, she is your girl!!! She gives a free engagement session with each package, responded to all of my emails in less than an hour, and will literally have your photos ready for you in two weeks or less. She also uses a second shooter that captures everything from the side angle that you wouldn’t even have realized you needed till you receive your photos. She’s so good at what she does that you’ll have so many amazing pictures that you will love… and won’t even know what to do with them all. I highly recommend Amy and hope that I can use her in the future!

Amanda · Married on 06/08/2019

Amy was awesome!!! She was so understanding and flexible with my schedule being difficult due to traveling from out of town for my engagement photos. She was fun, and made my fiancé and I feel so comfortable! She was very professional and prepared, and gave us the best direction on how to pose and not look awkward. Would recommend her to anyone!!

Sent on 08/26/2018
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 06/08/2019

Easy and Professional

Working with Amy was extremely easy. I didn't have to worry about anything the day of in regards to photos and the pictures turned out amazing. She even got my husband who hates taking pictures to lighten up and enjoy the process. I am very happy with all the photos and she did a wonderful job of capturing the day.

Sent on 11/01/2019

Thao Moore · Married on 05/25/2019

Fantastic experience and pictures!

Amy and Steven are absolutely awesome and love what they do. Their professionalism and creative made it easy for us to be at ease for pictures on our big day. Amy has a great phographer eye and was very easy to work with. Amy was great at helping us pose just right and get the perfect Pictures. I love her tulle long skirts she has available, it really bring out the princesses in every girl. We was a privilege to work with them and you can tell how passionate and sincere they are. We would definitely book them again in a heartbeat.

Paola Cruz · Married on 04/29/2019

Amazing photographer

Amy is the best, she did my bridal photos and they came out amazing better than I could ever possibly imagined. I had the worst experience with my actual wedding photographer where I was left with not even one good photo. I contacted Amy and I am glad I did, I cannot repeat enough how amazing she is! She guided us through the entire session, teaching us how to pose, where to look basically everything because we had no idea.

Sent on 10/29/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 04/27/2019

Choose Amy Maddox for your photographer!

Trust me you will not regret it! We are/were a double bride wedding and just happened to come by her services on the internet (magic of google), she is new to the area but has been a photographer for MANY years. From the very first email, she was quick to respond and always polite and encouraging. I emailed her shortly after we booked her, with my concerns. See, my now wife is not a huge fan of being photographed and I was worried that she might be a little uncomfortable in front of the camera with Amy, but Amy reassured me that everything was going to be ok and that she would make sure to keep it fun. Amy then set us up with a engagement photoshoot so that she could get to know us as a couple (FYI this is genius cause then you know what to expect on your crazy wedding day, one less thing to stress about). Amy helped us pick a location to take our engagement pictures and drove all the way out to Enchanted Rock for a two-hour session, with one outfit change. Now….. Remember I told you that my wife doesn’t like pictures. But you couldn’t even tell from the pictures or in that moment. Amy made us both feel at ease with her quick wit, confidence and sassy humor. She helped us find the right poses and made sure to keep it light and airy. My wife was even enjoying herself! She captured us perfectly and the great part was, that we now had pictures to use for our invitations, save the dates and our wedding website (something we hadn’t really thought about). Engagement pictures were a big success and we got over 300 AMAZING pictures to keep and use however, we wanted (within reason).
    Next was the wedding! Phew WHAT A DAY!!!! It feels like I blinked and it was over. As I assume most weddings are, the whole day was a whirlwind that started bright and early at 8AM. Amy came around 11AM scooped the location and started right away taking pictures. She came dressed for the occasion with her handsome beaux (husband/2nd photographer). They are an awesome team who both see things a little differently which made for two angles/ideas/styles of photos. Amy as the head photographer (obviously) and Steven catching the more candid/not looking photos. Amy helped with SOOOO many things outside of taking photos. (FYI if you don’t have this already, make sure you have someone that isn’t in your party as a go to, someone to round up the troops and get them where they are supposed to be, if it wasn’t for Amy, one of the bride-mans boyfriend and my sister-in-law, the wedding would NOT have gone as smoothly and it still wasn’t “perfect” haha). Amy directed the whole symphony (aka wedding) and made sure everyone put their phones away as to not kill my wedding photos and then dealt with my family (imagine trying to herd cats….yep that’s my family). She interacted with my family and stayed positive threw the chaos and stayed epically professional. The rest of the night, she took pictures of all the little moments including my crazy dogs, cake cutting, first dance and the exit and left around 9PM. I honestly could not have asked for anything better. She really is amazing at what she does and in general just a beautiful human being. Lastly, in little under two weeks we had HUNDREDS of beautiful pictures to look threw. I cannot thank Amy and her husband enough. It truly was a day to remember, and she captured all the beautiful moments perfectly.

Sent on 10/23/2019
  • Jordan

Jordan simons · Married on 03/09/2019

Such a talented photographer!!

Amy is a true master of her profession, and that shows through her passion and talent! My husband and I booked her for our engagement and wedding photos and WOW!! We were blown away by her work, and she made the two of us, who are awkward and have never had professional photos done, look amazing and feel super comfortable. After editing, she also sends all of the photos she takes, rather than picking which ones she thinks are best. I liked this a lot because that allows us to decide which we like the best. We are so grateful we found her and we will definitely use her in the future for any other family portraits!!

Sent on 03/16/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 11/09/2018

Everything and more!

I can't rave enough about Amy! Not just as a photographer, but as a person. She was SO sweet and incredibly easy to work with. We did our engagement photo shoot and a wedding. Both were effortless! Her prices are reasonable for her amazing quality. Most brides wait forever for their pictures to be edited and released, but ours came back while on our honeymoon! Someone told me while wedding planning - don't skimp on your photographer because that's all you'll have to remember your special day! I'm so incredibly glad I chose such a great photographer. Thank you, Amy!

Sent on 12/18/2018
  • Kirsten

Kirsten · Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing is an understatement

We are so happy we went with Amy as our photographer! She is so kind, flexible and is such a wonderful photographer! These are pictures we are truly going to cherish for the rest of our lives. She captured moments that I didn't even realize were happening and showed a different side to our wedding that I think we wouldn't have gotten had we gone with another photographer. I recommend her to everyone who is getting married or just needs a photographer!

Sent on 11/12/2018
  • Mack

MacKinsey · Married on 10/20/2018

Highly recommend Amy!

Amy is so talented and fun to work with. She did our engagement and wedding photos and they all turned out beautifully...it's nearly impossible to pick favorites! Neither of us particularly enjoy having photos taken, but Amy made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera. She is also professional, responds quickly, and has a really quick turn around for sending you pictures. I cannot recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 11/06/2018

Kristen · Married on 08/04/2018

Amy is a breath of fresh air. She is kind, professional, patient and extremely talented. Everyone involved in the wedding loved her. The pictures she took are incredible and will always help us to relive our very special day. We had to work with a lot of different vendors - one of the things that stood out with Amy was that she was so completely selfless - whatever we needed to make the day perfect she aimed for. If I could do it all over again, I would, and I would pick Amy. I intend to use her for our one year anniversary pics, baby announcement pics and whatever else I can come up with to keep her wonderful personality, great energy and incredible talent in our lives! Thank you Amy! You are a rock start!

Sent on 08/19/2018

Erin · Married on 07/27/2018

Such a sweet and innovative artist, she has such a great vision and was a joy to work with!

Sent on 04/16/2018

Kyla · Married on 07/21/2018

Amy was great to work with! I was planning my wedding from afar so I wasn’t able to meet her ahead of time which can be nerve-racking. However, she was great, as well as her partner. I was pleased with their work and professionalism. I’m not the easiest person to take photos of and am often very uncomfortable but she made it a breeze.

Sent on 10/10/2018

Kirsten · Married on 07/15/2018

I had a wonderful experience with Amy!! She is very thorough and detailed and knew what kind of photos we wanted. On the day of the wedding she surprised me by arriving early and her and her second shooter made us all feel at ease. She goes above and beyond to get the most beautiful photos, and she is very personable and friendly. I couldn’t have imagined a better person to capture one of the best days of my life. I highly recommend!!

Sent on 07/16/2018