Amy Ann Photography Reviews

105 Reviews for Amy Ann Photography

• Josie

Josie R. · Getting married on 05/21/2021

Amy Is Great!

She's an amazing photographer! Covid-19 ruined our original plan for our wedding so we quickly planned a small ceremony. Unfortunately, our original photographer lives in Texas, and with our ceremony taking place in Ohio, it didn’t seem feasible to fly the photographer out for a small, short ceremony, especially in the midst of the pandemic. Luckily, I had started following Amy Ann Photography on Instagram a while back, and she immediately came to mind when considering a more local photographer. It was less than a month out, but we reached out to Amy, trying not to get our hopes up. We were in luck, and Amy was available on our day! Even though it was not as we originally planned it, looking back on the day now, it exceeded our expectations in so many ways, and Amy was such a big part of that. We could not have been happier with her work, and we are so grateful to have the beautiful photos that she took to look back on and remember that perfect day. Amy was so easy to work with every step of the way, not to mention responsive, kind, and unbelievably talented.

Sent on 07/07/2020
  • Shana

Shana M. · Married on 02/01/2021

Amy is Incredible!

Amy is fantastic. She is responsive, professional, and a true artist. She photographed our engagement session and our wedding ceremony and did an amazing job capturing every detail. She is also extremely flexible and accommodating. We had to reschedule our engagement session a couple times due to inclement weather, and she was great about moving things around to find a good time. On the day of our wedding, Amy was a calming presence who helped keep everything and everyone on track. We are planning to have a larger wedding reception in a year or two and can't wait to work with Amy again to photograph that occasion. We can't recommend Amy Ann Photography enough!

Sent on 02/25/2021

Sarah · Married on 10/31/2020

Absolutely Amazing!

So far we’ve only had a consultation and booked her for our wedding. She was AMAZING during the consultation. Not only did she do 80% of the day of planning for us in the half hour we were there, but she gave us a bunch of suggestions to make our wedding even more fun. I’ve known her pictures were gorgeous for a while now, but her organization convinced me that she was who I needed on my wedding day!

Sent on 04/05/2019
  • Martha

Martha W. · Married on 06/06/2020

You want Amy as your photographer!

You want Amy to be your photographer. Trust me. She's everything you could hope for in a photographer: incredibly talented, professional, punctual, organized, helpful, and flexible. She's somehow able to step up and call the shots when needed as well as melt into the background when someone else needs to be the center of attention. I knew from coming across her photography on Instagram (@amyannphoto) that she would actually capture US and who we really are, rather than highly stylized/posed shots. She can do that too, if that's who you are - we're just much more laid back, silly, happy, wallflower type people. But on that note, we are both generally non-photogenic people, so I was worried that we would look (and feel) very awkward & generally uncomfortable in the pictures. Lucky for us, Amy is fantastic and helped us with things like natural arm placements & positioning, fixing displaced clothing, etc.

We had her shoot an engagement session plus family session with families of both the bride and groom. This was a lot like cat herding, but Amy rose to the challenge and knocked it out of the park. (On a crazy hot & humid day in the park, no less!) Not only did we end up with GORGEOUS engagement photos, but all of our parents/siblings/in-laws/grandparents have amazing family photos - which earned us major brownie points!!

Our big wedding plans were cancelled due to Covid-19, but I knew that even if we couldn't have anything else, we wanted to make sure we kept Amy! She was so supportive & flexible as we figured out our new plan. After a bit of flip-flopping, we ended up keeping our original date but shifting to a zoom wedding in our backyard with no guests physically present. Amy went above & beyond by coming out the day before to capture us delivering "remote wedding kits" to our local family members, as well as helping me find a hair stylist at the last minute! She was so supportive about mask wearing & social distancing, which was very important to me.

Our photos are amazing. Amy was able to capture all of the love, laughter, and even tears on our special day. I really can't emphasize enough that you want her to be your photographer. We hired her because I knew she could take nice pictures, but now I feel like I've made a friend and worked with an incredibly talented artist.

Sent on 07/16/2020
  • Devra

Devra L. · Married on 04/06/2020

Cannot recommend enough!!

I cannot say enough good things about Amy! After watching Amy work at friends weddings as well as my two sisters' weddings, when my day finally came it was like working with a good friend all day. Amy is so personable and makes people feel so comfortable, while also being professional and artistic. The pictures came out GORGEOUS beyond belief. She did an incredible job capturing our unique character as a couple and the spirit of our wedding day itself. Additionally, she was a calm, knowledgable, helpful presence throughout the wedding day. We LOVE LOVE LOVE Amy!

Sent on 10/06/2019
  • Emma

Emma · Married on 03/07/2020

Prepared, Proactive, and Fun!

Cannot say enough wonderful things about Amy! At every point in the planning process, she helped us make informed decisions about photography (and scheduling and vendors and so much more!) and was so proactive in deadlines and decisions that needed to be made. Truly, I never worried once whether or not something was taken care of, because I knew Amy was on it! Amy's calm demeanor, flexible attitude, attention to detail, and warmth and kindness made the hundreds of photos we took on our wedding day feel easy, pain free, and fun! I love the way she captured candid moments and the brightness of her photos reflected the vibrance and joy of our special day.

Sent on 04/01/2020
  • Briden

Briden C. · Married on 02/09/2020

1000% YES!

Flexible, fun, easy-going, amazing at what she does, is an artist with the camera, great at positioning and helping us feel comfortable.

Sent on 12/27/2019
  • Jackie

Jackie F. · Married on 01/03/2020

Classy, Exceptional, and Perfect

Working with Amy for my wedding was a joy. She was attentive to all the details leading up to and on the day of my wedding, meaning I didn't have to think about photography. She listened to all my requests and concerns and ensured they were met. Photography at my wedding was the second most important aspect to me (getting married being #1, obviously) -- she made it seamless. I appreciate how she flexed when my morning of hair and makeup took twice as long as we expected and we still got all my photos in. She's amazing and I'd work with her again in a heartbeat. Work with Amy!!

Sent on 04/15/2020

Nicole · Married on 09/01/2019

Best photographer around!

Amy was an absolute dream to work with! She went above and beyond for my husband and I throughout the entire wedding planning process and we cannot thank her enough. Our wedding day had many unexpected and stressful surprises and Amy was a calm and supportive presence through it all. I can’t imagine having any other photographer to capture such a special day for us! All of the photos from our engagement session and wedding day were so beautiful and we HIGHLY recommend her!!!

Sent on 01/08/2020
  • Tara

Tara · Married on 08/17/2019

Incredible photography for May wedding LGBTQ couple

My wife and I had been following Amy Ann on social media for a while, even prior to being engaged, so when the time came to choose a photographer we already had a pretty good idea of who we wanted to work with. From our first meeting to now we have been overwhelmingly impressed with Amy’s organizational skills and professionalism. She did a wonderful job with our engagement photos and it was so nice getting to know her before the big day. She essentially timed out the whole afternoon and evening and really helped both of us with making sure the timeline made sense. She was flexible, patient, and accommodating to all of our requests and questions. She answered e-mails in an extremely timely manner and always checked in to make sure we didn’t have any other questions needing answered. We especially loved her long history of prioritizing inclusivity in her client base and representation on her website and social media. On the day of the wedding she made sure that things ran smoothly and was integral in keeping everyone on schedule. She captured our most important moments without being intrusive—to the point that both my wife and I hardly noticed her during the ceremony and reception (in the BEST possible way). She even kindly asked to steal us away mid-reception to capture some of the most amazing shots of the night (i.e., sweet rain pics). We are completely in love with our photos and are blown away by how she captured the total essence of our special day. Our friends and family have echoed these sentiments, so much so that two members of our bridal party have gone ahead and booked her for their March wedding. Her work certainly speaks for itself (check out her blog if you haven’t already) but it is her attention to detail, passion for her clients and her work, and helpfulness throughout the planning and execution process which is what truly sets Amy Ann’s photography apart.

Sent on 06/04/2019

Kayla H. · Married on 08/17/2019

Cannot say enough great things!!

Amy is absoluately amazing to work with! My wife and I agreed that our wedding photographer was one investment that needed to be perfect and Amy did not disappoint!! She captured some of the most genuine moments of our day that we can cherish for years to come! Our outside wedding, which was hoped to be a beautiful sunny day, turned into rain but Amy was flexible in our day of plan to capture all the photos right before the rain really hit! Despite the grey sky, she made sure our photos turned out beautiful! She felt more of a friend/guest at our wedding than our photographer and we cannot recommend her enough!!

Sent on 12/24/2019
  • Ellen

Ellen Q. · Married on 06/29/2019

10/10 would recommend!!

Working with Amy as our wedding photographer was unbelieveable. She was very timely in responding to emails, made wonderful suggestions for other vendors, and was so kind to all of our friends and family the day of the wedding. She went above and beyond at every opportunity and her pictures speak for themselves. We could not have been happier and consider ourselves lucky to have had the opportunity to work with her! 10/10 would recommend!!

Sent on 10/24/2019

Bethany A. · Married on 06/14/2019

Amazing experience

My wife and I can not say enough about working with Amy for our wedding. We were both nervous about having pictures taken but Amy made it so easy. She made us feel comfortable and allowed us to be us while capturing the best pictures. I look at our gallery and am able to relive our wedding day from start to finish. I am blown away by the just how beautiful the photos are. We are already planning on using her again! There aren’t enough thanks for helping make our day so beautiful.

Sent on 10/22/2019

Mallory L. · Married on 05/24/2019

Amazing Photographer

We had Amy for a the triple! Proposal, engagement and wedding! She will make you feel comfortable. She is pure talent!

Sent on 12/26/2019

Amanda · Married on 10/27/2018

Everything I hoped for!

In a day that can be super stressful and busy, Amy manages to find those moments of calm. She was a support for me the whole day when I was being pressured to move my wedding inside and didn’t want to. She encouraged me to take the risk and keep it outside, and it was totally worth it. She found these amazing opportunities to sneak out of our reception and capture moments of me and my husband all by ourselves. She captured our wedding exactly as I had always imagined. I can not recommend Amy enough. She is kind, funny, supportive, imaginative, and everything you would ever want in the vendor you will spend the most time with on your big day.

Sent on 01/08/2020

Sarah B. · Married on 09/29/2018

The amazing amy!

Amy was an amazing photographer and I am so glad we were able to have her capture our day. If you are looking for someone who is professional and will make you feel comfortable on, during, and after your wedding day, look no further! Amy is your girl. She captured our day beautifully and the pictures are amazing. She spends so much time with each of her clients and really makes sure everything is organized and ready to go. My husband and I appreciate her and her work so much!

Sent on 01/11/2019
  • Abby

Abby · Married on 08/04/2018

We absolutely LOVED working with Amy for our August 2018 wedding! She worked with us throughout the entire process to make sure everything would go perfectly on our wedding day; and it really did! Amy is a true professional, and she went out of her way to make sure we were taken care of, and she was so great about communication and keeping everything running on schedule.

On the day of our wedding, Amy added to the fun and excitement, and she made sure we didn't have to worry about anything! She gave us location suggestions for our 1st look, she helped coordinate with the videographer, and she allowed us to 'be ourselves' with our bridal party so that she could capture the best pictures of these special moments.

When it came to the family portraits, ceremony and reception, Amy worked so efficiently to make sure that every moment would be remembered forever! She was everywhere we needed her to be, and she even found time to capture those perfectly candid shots that sometimes go unnoticed.

After our wedding, Amy gave us such a treat of a beautiful 'sneak peak' of our pictures which made us so excited for more to come! She even helped me surprise my dad on his birthday with a few extra surprise pictures! When we got all our pictures back, we were smiling from ear to ear! Our family was overjoyed with every picture and they could not be happier! Thank you Amy for truly capturing the love, joy, and excitement we felt on our wedding day... we can't thank you enough!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Mickey · Married on 07/29/2018

Amy ann rocks

We could not have asked for a better photographer to help make our wedding a truly unforgettable and magical day. It started months before the wedding when Amy Ann sat down with my now-husband and me to discuss the various details for our special day. She was thorough, patient and unbelievably kind. And she had plenty of tips and advice - it was clear that she’s an absolute pro. On the day of the wedding, she was a true superhero. I swear it seemed like there were five of her. She was EVERYWHERE - always in the right place at the right time. And when it came to family pictures, she was great at getting everyone to listen to her instructions without coming across as bossy. For anyone that’s been part of a wedding party before, you know that’s rare. Unsurprisingly, our pictures are breathtaking. Every single picture captured looks like it took ten minutes to set up, when in actuality it took Amy Ann 2 seconds to shoot. She’s incredibly talented, and we cannot thank her enough for allowing us to relive our special day through her work whenever we want. For anyone reading this, do yourself a favor and book Amy Ann before your date is taken. Trust me.

Sent on 10/18/2018

Kasi · Married on 06/16/2018

Amazing Artist/Wedding Photographer

Amy was everything we wanted in a wedding photographer and more! Amy is professional, prompt, organized, kind, and is an extremely talented artist. Our photographs were awesome, they truly captured the joy of the day! Amy’s calm demeanor minimized the stress on our wedding day. She also assisted us with creating our day of timeline, but was flexible and willing to adjust to any needs we may have had on our big day. Her photos truly captured our love and we feel lucky to have had Amy Ann as our wedding photographer. She was there at all the right times during our wedding but also managed to be discreet. We have had numerous friends and family tell us how wonderful our photos were and how they captured our true personalities. We could not have asked for a better wedding photographer.

Sent on 10/18/2018

Jodi · Married on 04/12/2018

This is the best engagement and wedding photographer. Her work is beautiful, professional and she is such a pleasant and easy person to help us get the best shots. We have received breathtaking results and consider ourselves lucky and fortunate to have her capture our special day. Wedding photography is not something you want to settle for and Amy will get you the fantastic results you want.

Sent on 05/03/2018
  • Alyssa

Alyssa M. · Married on 03/11/2018

Amy is pure joy

Amy is pure joy to work with!! We look forward to having her capture many more life milestones in our future. My only wish, if I could redo my wedding weekend, would be to duplicate her so I could enjoy even more of her beautiful shots!

Sent on 01/03/2020

Haylee · Married on 12/30/2017

We knew we wanted to work with Amy before we were officially engaged. Amy photographed several of our friends' weddings so we had admired her work for awhile! We were a bit nervous about getting photographed because neither of us particularly like photographs of ourselves, but Amy made the whole experience a lot more fun and relaxing than we were expecting! We recently got our photos back from our end-of-December wedding and everyone (even hard to please family members!) cannot stop raving about them! We're so happy we were able to work with Amy and I would recommend her to absolutely anyone. She has an amazing eye and attention for detail. We had a snowy, freezing, December day and our photos are beautiful!

Sent on 02/14/2018

Lauren · Married on 07/22/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Amy. I was planning my wedding from out of town and Amy made it so easy to communicate - she was prompt and flexible. Although I had not actually met Amy in person before my wedding day, I felt like she was my close friend the second she came into the room! She was organized, attentive, and made everyone feel comfortable. I knew I could trust her to do a fabulous job so I had one less thing to worry about that day. My husband and I are not big posed picture people, and we wanted to spend more time with our wedding guests - Amy understood this, and did a fabulous job moving us through our family portrait session as well as our bride and groom pictures with time to spare! And I have no doubt that her shots were perfection as she made a point to show us the kinds of photos she was taking. Since we finished ahead of schedule, it allowed for extra time to relax, enjoy some of the cocktail hour and mingle with guests. During the ceremony and reception Amy was discrete but also in all the right places at the right times! She kept me calm and gave direction when needed, and I could not have asked for a better support system through my big day. Thank you, Amy!!!!!

Sent on 07/26/2017

Jenna · Married on 07/21/2017

We couldn’t have asked for a better photographer for our wedding! Amy is professional, creative, prompt, and patient. We love her style of photography because she captures emotions so well and she made us feel comfortable in front of the camera; which was a huge selling point for us. A true testament to Amy’s patience and compassion was when I was getting ready for our wedding. The hotel room we were getting ready in was small and full of people. I also had some dress issues which caused us to run a little behind schedule but Amy never rushed us and stayed in the room to make sure I was okay. Speaking of the schedule, she practically coordinated our whole wedding day for us, which was so helpful! We loved our engagement photos and we couldn’t be more satisfied with our wedding photos! I would recommend Amy Ann Photography for anyone who wants a skilled and compassionate photographer.

Sent on 10/05/2017

Diane · Married on 10/22/2016

Amy is wonderful to work with ! We love our engagement photos and can't wait for her to shoot our wedding! If you are looking for a photographer I highly recommend Amy Ann Photography

Sent on 12/17/2015