AMS Entertainment Reviews

AMS Entertainment 4
AMS Entertainment 5
AMS Entertainment 6

terri · Married on 10/26/2014

Alex Hansen was a recommendation as a DJ for our daughter's Sonoma wedding from both our wedding planner, and our venue coordinator. They knocked this one out of the park. Alex did both our music for our ceremony, and the actual reception. He kept the dance floor rockin while also putting a little slow it down stuff for the older guests. We had 80 people from around the globe, and Alex was a jewel to us. Having used him sight unseen, we were really thrilled with him.

Sent on 10/29/2014

Jen · Married on 10/26/2014

We used AMS for our 10/26/14 wedding, and we had Alexander as our DJ. He was great, kept the mustic upbeat, played the few songs we had to have, it was awesome. Thank you AMS!!

Sent on 11/03/2014

Clarissa · Married on 10/25/2014

Alex, from AMS Entertainment was the BEST! We were very happy with our service from him. Not only was he great at his job but he was also super sweet and helpful! The process with this company couldn't have been easier. You choose your songs and put them into their online system and then your Dj looks it over and you have a phone interview. I knew I like Alex right away after our phone conversation. For me, it was very easy to choose our songs but I imagine if someone needed more help or guidance that Alex would definitely be able to do that.

Alex played great songs while we were dancing. There really wasn't a song that we didn't enjoy. He just understands and is so experienced and really knows how to keep everyone dancing. He also introduced our wedding party perfectly - you'd be surprised how many people will mess up names even when they are written down for them.

My husband and I highly recommend Alex from AMS entertainment. Our wedding day was perfect and we thank our Dj and other amazing vendors for helping make it that way. :)

Sent on 11/04/2014

AMS Entertainment was referred to us by our wedding planner last month, for a wedding that we had very little runway to plan for. Everyone's attitude and cooperation from the start was top notch. Rick provided the acoustic guitar music throughout the ceremony and cocktail hour and was great. Andy was our DJ for the evening and was energetic, friendly, and based on the taste of music we provided, was able to read the crowd in a way that kept everyone entertained and on the dance floor throughout the evening. We would recommend AMS Entertainment to anyone seeking live music or a DJ for their event.

Sent on 11/05/2014

Lauren · Married on 10/12/2014

Chris Monson and the AMS team did an excellent job. Music flow was great and he accommodated all our requests (and stood strong in the face of guest demands for the Cha Cha Slide after we asked him not to play it!). Guests all thought that the dancing was a highlight of the night. We could not have been happier with his support during the planning process and responsiveness in the weeks leading up to the event. Would definitely recommend Chris and AMS to anyone.

Sent on 01/19/2015

Emily · Married on 10/11/2014

I'll be honest: Music was that one thing on the list of my wedding "to-do's" that caused me the most anxiety. My husband and I didn't have any strong opinions about it; we just knew we didn't want to spend an arm and a leg. Our wedding was small (50 people) so we weren't sure if we needed a DJ at all. We toyed with the idea of setting up an ipod for our reception, but that quickly went out the window after I realized what a pain in the butt it is to actually queue a (decent) playlist yourself. A month before our wedding, I still didn't know what we were doing for music and started to freak out. Thank God somebody suggested AMS! An email led to a quick phone consultation and they sent me two different proposals within HOURS of our conversation: one for DJ alone and one for a Solo Guitar at the ceremony/DJ at reception. We ended up going with the solo guitar/DJ option (it was only a little bit more money) and the process was literally plug-and-play. Our guitarist, Leo, was a total professional. He was able to work out selections with us quickly over email, and then just showed up the day of and did an awesome job - it was EASY! Rob, our DJ, emailed us throughout the planning process to make sure we were on track and using the online system to make lists of "must-plays" and "do not plays." We chatted on the phone about a week before the wedding, he totally understood my wants and needs ("just make sure people dance and have fun!") and again - he just showed up the day of and made it happen. Totally painless, professional, easy. If you don't have strong opinions about your wedding music, or aren't looking for something super specific, just go with AMS. They're total pros. They took care of everything and saved me a ton of time and stress.

Sent on 10/29/2014

Joyce · Married on 10/10/2014

Alex was a great DJ. AMS was extremely easy to coordinate.

Alex was kind. He understood that Mike and I were not dancers and gave us an out on our first dance.

He came by at the end of the night to show me the photo booth album.

He was cordial and kind and extremely professional.

We would absolutely recommend Alex and AMS to our friends and family.

Sent on 10/20/2014

After having another DJ service forget to write me down on their calendar, I contacted AMS Entertainment hoping they still had someone available for my wedding. Andy was available for that date and I was relieved. We met to go over the songs and details of the wedding. Andy was so knowledgeable and knew to ask the right questions. He made suggestions for the announcements and introductions.

The ceremony and reception went according to plan and was great. Andy was able to play the songs I requested and also was able to "read the crowd" and change the music accordingly. He was very accommodating.

I called and emailed the office a few times to make my payments and ask questions. Everyone there was always pleasant and helpful. Response time was very fast. Frances was always quick to respond with any questions.

I didn't know how important this service was to the overall experience of my wedding. I highly recommend AMS Entertainment.

Sent on 11/18/2014

I have had the great pleasure of working with AMS Entertainment and their entire team over the years as a wedding venue coordinator. They have instilled in me such faith in their services and product that they have been my exclusive DJ and entertainment company for the past 3 years. When it was my turn to be the bride, there was no question we would be hiring AMS. I finally was on the receiving end of the care, attention to detail, thorough planning and guidance I had come to expect for my clients. Joe Hernandez and Alex Hansen, our DJ, offered such helpful suggestions, advice and ideas and instilled in us such confidence. The planning process and procedure for picking songs, giving instructions, etc… is so user-friendly that it couldn’t be easier. The music was very important to my husband and I and Alex was a true professional. Every part of our day went smoothly and just as we envisioned. Another important component is their aesthetic: no popup card table with a shabby linen or the usual visions of a “wedding DJ”. AMS has unobtrusive, state-of-the-art equipment and each DJ always looks sharp! AMS always goes above and beyond to ensure their clients are thrilled. I can proudly say - not just as a fellow vendor but, now as a bride – AMS is fantastic! Hire them and your day will go that much more smoothly thanks to their professionalism, care and easygoing team.

Sent on 11/29/2014

Michelle · Married on 09/21/2014

Skip was the BEST DJ ever! He played everything we asked for, did a great job at making the night flow perfectly.
    AMS blew us away with their professionalism. Once meeting Frances in the office we knew we were in good hands, then after meeting Skip through skype we were ready for a good night.
    The dance floor was never empty. Thank you AMS for making our wedding night so perfect!

Sent on 10/25/2014

Nancy · Married on 09/20/2014

AMS Entertainment provided the DJ and photobooth for our daughter's wedding. Our first point of contact was Frances and she sealed the deal with her professionalism and responsiveness. A really nice person, too. Our DJ was Rick. In a word, awesome! He was all smiles, fun yet professional, and got our guests out there dancing. Everyone had a great time and I thank Rick for helping to make that happen. Our photobooth operator, Sam, was great. She was very patient with our guests and all the craziness that happens with photobooths. So glad we opted for the photobooth as our guests really enjoyed acting silly in front of the camera. Job well done by both Rick and Sam. We highly recommend Rick & Sam and AMS and would utilize their services again without hesitation.

Sent on 09/30/2014

Ashley · Married on 09/20/2014

AMS was easy to work with and we were very happy with the way everything turned out. I was able to communicate most of what I wanted in advance using their online planner and then met with our DJ, Rick, by phone to finalize everything (as we were planning from afar).
    He is a really nice guy did a great job of listening to our preferences and implementing our plan for the music, speeches, and other aspects of the event to ensure that things flowed seamlessly.

The music was great! We received many compliments on the music at our wedding. I think Rick did a fabulous job of reading the crowd.

We also rented a photo booth through AMS which everyone loved. I recommend this too. It is so fun to see all of your guests (of all ages) getting dressed up and enjoying themselves!

Sent on 09/30/2014

Shannon · Married on 09/19/2014

Our DJ was Alex and he was awesome! He made everything easy. He played all the music we requested and had a great upbeat personality. AMS has a planner where you can choose your music easily. I would highly recommend AMS entertainment and Alex as your DJ. They made our wedding night Fun!

Sent on 10/04/2014

Erin · Married on 09/13/2014

Skip was just awesome at our wedding! He did a fantastic job talking through our wedding before with us and then executing our wishes perfectly! He was just great!

This is the second event where my family has used AMS Entertainment and I can not recommend you all enough!

Sent on 10/01/2014

Gisela · Married on 09/06/2014

Todd from AMS Entertainment was more than just a DJ. He helped our wedding stay organized and on schedule. He was there on time and was very professional. He always made sure that my husband and I were taken care of. He went and got us drinks from the bar while we were taking our wedding pictures, which was very nice being that is was 102 that day and it was an outdoor wedding. I told him I wanted to start the dancing at 7 and by 7 he got the party started. He played everything on our play list with the time that we had for him to play. He took requests and made sure that everyone had a wonderful time. He was also the dj at my brother in laws wedding on 10/17/15 and he helped me a lot that day. We were a team and between the 2 of us we were able to get through the night stress free. He helped me open up champagne bottles and poured the head table their drinks for the toast while myself and a couple groomsmen poured the rest of the tables. For dinner he walked table to table dismissing them to go ahead and serve themselves at the buffet line instead of just calling out a table number. He is very personable and easy to get along with. I would most definitely recommend Todd for any event big or small. I can assure you, you will get through your event stress free with him in the picture. Thanks again Todd for all that you did for my wedding and all that you did for my brothers wedding, both events were amazing and so much fun!!!!
    I can't wait to party with you again,

Sella.

Sent on 10/27/2015

Ryan · Married on 08/30/2014

My wife and I had Rick Hardin as our DJ for our wedding on 08/30/14. Rick was EXCELLENT and I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you choose AMS Entertainment for your wedding. I recommend you ask for Rick to be your DJ.

Rick made our wedding perfect. He was enthusiastic and engaged the crowd at the ceremony and reception. Rick even helped us during the ceremony as we were rushing to get the rest of our sand poured in our sand frame before the reception.

During the reception, Rick felt out the crowd and kept everyone on the dance floor. Rick was a great MC and host. He was so friendly and all the guests loved him. Rick was like my right hand man at the wedding. He was always there if I needed something small done and he worked so well with our wedding planner and all the vendors at the event. Even our wedding planner commented on how easy Rick was to work with.

AMS allows you to choose your music online and provides you with a list of popular songs. This was very helpful in selecting our play lists. Whenever we had questions, AMS was very responsive and Frances always responded to our emails. I even called and spoke with Joe and he was so friendly and helpful.

Rick also did our up-lighting and it was perfect. I loved how he changed the colors of the lights as we moved from dinner to dancing. It was definitely something that I would recommend you purchase.

I was so impressed with AMS Entertainment and they are so fortunate to have a DJ as talented as Rick Hardin working for them.

Sent on 09/05/2014

Mary- Elise · Married on 08/16/2014

WOW! I would give AMS 20 stars out of 5 if I could. I highly recommend them!
    AMS was wonderful to work with. Our wedding was a destination wedding, so it felt like finding a DJ was going to be a leap of faith. But AMS worked with us closely and we had the best DJ we could've hoped for. We started with a phone call where the AMS folks could get to know us and our personalities and allowed us to detail what we wanted, then we had a very easy to use online service where we could pick songs and then a fun phone call with the DJ that AMS picked for us. Rick was absolutely perfect for us. He was completely flexible ... but I have to say that we loved him just the ay he was, so it was so easy to work with him. He worked so hard to make sure we were happy every step of the way during the wedding .... and he had the dance floor hopping all night. I was so skeptical of people dancing at our small wedding (only 19 people total) ... but Rick had people dancing all night. And, he really looked like he was having fun right along with us - the smile on his face was great. Everything about AMS'S services was spot on perfect!

Sent on 08/23/2014

Michaela · Married on 08/09/2014

We loved working with AMS for our wedding! Everyone was so helpful during the planning phases and helped us out a lot. We recommend AMS 100%! Chris was the DJ for our wedding and he was amazing- very professional, helpful, and personable!

Sent on 08/17/2014

jessica · Married on 08/09/2014

We worked with AMS for our August 9th wedding at Vine Hill House. I will start off by saying that music is EXTREMELY important to us and having a perfect soundtrack to the day was a high priority. I also knew exactly what I didn't want - a cheesy wedding DJ, annoying songs being played throughout the night, or an empty dance floot. AMS made everything happen smoothly, perfectly, and we were so happy at the end of it all.

They were AMAZING from start to finish. Frances was quick to supply us with a quote and answered questions promptly along the way. She was also very patient with us while we wavered between live/dj music for our ceremony. Thanks Frances!!

We ultimately decided to book the Skyline Trio for the ceremony & DJ for the reception. The Trio was AWESOME and we have had several people ask for their name/referral since the wedding. I worked with Katie throughout the planning process and she was really helpful. We chose some songs that were non-traditional and Katie helped us pick ones that would sound good being played in the trio. Although I didn't get a chance to thank the musicians on the day of our wedding or enjoy the music for too long, the snippets I heard were so great. Thank you all!

Alexander was our DJ and he was also a great person to have around that day. Our first meeting with him was helpful & informative, and he gave us some helpful tips and good ideas for music. The day of the wedding he was helpful, attentive, and asked all the right questions. I appreciated the fact that he checked in with us during dinner to make sure the music was right and continued to check in just the right amount of times the rest of the evening. He was friendly & thanked us at the end of the night when we should have been thanking him! Thank you Alexander, it was a perfect night.

The only thing I wish we could change - that there were more hours in the night to dance to the great music that was being played!

Sent on 09/04/2014

Erica · Married on 08/01/2014

AMS was very professional, organized and provided exceptional service. Everything ran smoothly and they followed all of my requests and preferences. I would recommend them to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 08/25/2014

Lauren · Married on 07/19/2014

AMS was absolutely awesome! From start to finish they helped me find the all the necessary equipment (i.e., Frances helped me rent a keyboard), helped us design a playlist, and executed perfectly day of. Rick Hardin was our DJ and we absolutely loved him. I would recommend AMS any day. These guys know how to do weddings and are super organized. Thanks AMS!!

Sent on 08/07/2014

Meagan · Married on 07/19/2014

AMS Entertainment was so easy to work with. They are super organized, and make the process of planning the timeline, music selections, and audio needs painless. Our wedding DJ was Andy, and he was awesome! He met with us prior to the wedding and was very thorough about making sure he got to know us and our preferences. Andy did an amazing job at our wedding. He was organized, making sure the wedding flowed seamlessly from one event to the next, and we communicated well with our other vendors. Andy truly cared about helping to make our wedding day perfect. Thank you Andy and AMS!

Sent on 08/15/2014

Ashley · Married on 07/19/2014

Skip from AMS was great!! He was great at helping us stay on time and playing the best music for our guests! There wasn't a dull moment on the dance floor! It is definitely obvious that Skip and all of AMS take great pride in what they do!

Sent on 08/24/2014

Kimberly · Married on 07/05/2014

We hired AMS for our July wedding in Sonoma, CA. We booked the violin/cello duo for our ceremony and cocktail hour and a DJ for the reception. Our lead musician was Katie, and she was so helpful when we were trying to decide on music for the ceremony. We were certain about the songs we wanted to play during the bridal procession and the unity candle lighting, but were having difficulty making song selections for other parts of the ceremony. We shared our ideas with Katie, and she offered suggestions that would fit nicely with our other selections. Our DJ was Chris, and he was equally helpful and responsive. He checked in with us often in the weeks leading up to the wedding, and we had one phone conversation when we shared some our hopes and expectations and he clearly explained how things would go the day of the wedding. On our wedding day, Chris used the mic on occasion to let our guests know what was coming next (bridal party intros, toasts, cake cutting, etc.), but otherwise he stayed off the mic and focused on song selection. This is exactly what we wanted, and he was fabulous. He played songs we had requested, took requests from our guests, and kept our guests dancing all night. Both the live music and DJ were fantastic, and it was so convenient to have been able to hire all of the musical entertainment through AMS.

Sent on 08/08/2014
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 06/28/2014

SIMPLY AMAZING! Alexander was our DJ and we couldn't have asked for a more professional and caring individual. We are so happy with AMS - I'm telling all my engaged friends to use AMS! Thank you so much!

Sent on 07/20/2014