AMS Entertainment Reviews

AMS Entertainment 5
AMS Entertainment 6
  • Khristine & Brad-Getting Maui'd

Khristine · Married on 03/25/2017

***I'm not sure why it's showing 4.9, but I am clearly giving AMS 5 stars across the board.***

AMS Entertainment was wonderful to work with from start to finish! From the moment I spoke to Joe on the phone, I knew AMS was the company I wanted to work with. I booked them right away for my March 2017 wedding at Sbragia Family Vineyards. I approached choosing vendors like any normal relationship--I based it on who I think we'd enjoy working with and (of course) who we thought we could TRUST to do a great job!

Then, Frances took over, and she made me feel at ease when we went through every detail of the ceremony and reception. She's organized, helpful, and kind. I appreciated the call I received from Frances 2 days before our wedding day when she informed me everything was good to go!

Finally, DJ Canyon was EXCELLENT! The music was on point! He was so nice to check up on us--making sure we like the music he was playing and the volume level was just right. That gesture was really appreciated. Canyon was a great MC too. He had the perfect voice for it.

All in all, our experience with AMS was nothing short of exceptional. We will definitely keep them in mind for future events. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Sent on 03/31/2017

Kristi · Married on 03/17/2017

AMS Entertainment (Alex) did a phenomenal job for our wedding!! We kept him on his toes with multiple song requests during the ceremony alone and he executed perfectly!

Sent on 03/31/2017

Ariel · Married on 12/10/2016

Thank you Tad & Bridger from AMS. The whole process from start to finish was easy and positive. AMS is interested in the theme and style of your wedding and they do their best to accommodate to that.
    Our DJ Bridger was very sweet. He played good music and avoided all the music I did not want. I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 12/20/2016

Angela · Married on 11/05/2016

AMS has been absolutely awesome to work with. Joe was also super quick to respond to me with any questions prior to our wedding, and day of, Skip was awesome! He nailed the playlist and was so great coming and finding us to check in every so often and make sure everything was ok and we were happy with his services. Awesome guy, awesome company!

Sent on 11/08/2016

Ralph · Married on 10/29/2016

We chose ams entertainment As our dj for our wedding and we couldn't ask for any one better. We had a blast and ray Chavez our dj was the most energetic and fun, helpful just over awesome.

Sent on 10/31/2016

Tiffany · Married on 10/15/2016

Our DJ, Canyon, read the crowd perfectly and his song selection never missed a beat. Every song he played kept the crowd dancing. In fact, I've never seen a wedding with a higher participation rate on the dance floor. He brought a very positive attitude and was the right fit for our wedding. Moreover, he checked in with my husband and I throughout the night to make sure we were loving the music. Communication before and after the event was excellent, and their online music planner made collaboration easy. A number of our guests told us after the wedding that they loved the music. Very happy with our selection- everything proceeded flawlessly. Joe, Sam and Frances were awesome to work with and attentive to detail! The Photo Booth was so much fun and the props were high quality with a great variety. We couldn't be happier with our decision to choose AMS!

Sent on 11/02/2016

Randi · Married on 10/09/2016

I hired AMS Entertainment for our daughter's recent Santa Rosa wedding. The AMS website where our daughter selected her music is easy to navigate. Management was responsive throughout the many months leading up to the wedding. The DJ, Alex, did a professional job of playing the music, micing the officiant, and announcing the wedding party and the toasts; and he was appropriately dressed for a wedding. This is a very professional outfit. I highly recommend them for your event.

Sent on 10/14/2016

Alexandra · Married on 10/08/2016

AMS was an easy choice for us. We had gotten numerous recommendations for AMS and were basically told that this was the group to go with. And AMS stood up to the hype. Working with them was extremely easy and completely satisfying from start to finish. They were responsive and easy to talk to. Our call with Frances to go over details was direct and she got us immediately. She was able to name genres and artists for us that she thought would work based on the songs we had already selected with their online planning tool and questionnaire, and she was spot on. For the day of the wedding we got to work with Alex and he was a gem. He made sure everyone knew how to use the microphones and helped us to moved seamlessly through the events with well-placed announcements. The music the entire night was always just right and the second the dance floor opened it stayed going the whole night. Alex had a great blend of music that appealed the different age groups. We got a lot of complements on the music and from what we heard everyone just had a ton of fun. Thanks AMS for helping making it a great night.

Sent on 01/16/2017

Erica · Married on 09/18/2016

AMS was fantastic. Canyon was a great DJ. Very nice and helpful throughout the whole evening. He made sure to read the crowd and pick songs that got everyone dancing. We also really enjoyed working with Frances in the office. She was super helpful and quickly answered all of our questions. I highly recommend these guys!

Sent on 09/20/2016

vanessa · Married on 09/10/2016

We had our wedding at Vine Hill House and partnered with AMS Entertainment for DJ services. It was the absolute perfect day for my husband and I. AMS was a huge part of the success! Frances worked with us throughout the whole process and helped us stay on track with deadlines. We had multiple conversations with her and she was able to answer all of our questions prior to booking. We had Andy as our DJ and he did a great job. Music is a huge part of our lives and we ended up giving them playlists for cocktail hour and dancing so the music was totally customizable. Andy did an amazing job at mixing and transitioning from song to song. The dance floor was never empty and our friends & fam had such an amazing time. He also dealt with a few last minute changes we requested without any issues. Highly, highly recommend AMS!

Sent on 09/15/2016

M · Married on 09/03/2016

From start to finish, our experience with AMS was outstanding!
    Frances, as our primary contact, offered clear and consistent
    communication, as well as excellent guidance along the way. Katie
    provided prompt service in confirming our ceremony selections with the
    Skyline Duo.

The duo of live musicians were prompt, professional, and performed so
    beautifully that it elevated our ceremony to an even more intimate and
    memorable experience for us and our guests.

As DJ, Alex set the tone for a fun and comfortable evening. He
    checked in with us regularly, made announcements judiciously, and
    generally "read the crowd" perfectly while also honoring some specific
    requests we had made. Some highlights for us (and our guests) were
    the wedding party introductions, the Star Wars send-off ;), and the
    seamless transitions between songs.

We can't thank you enough for helping make our wedding celebration so
    special. So many of our friends and family commented that the whole
    day truly felt "like us" and that is due in huge part to all of your
    hard work and care.

Sent on 11/07/2016

Kimberly · Married on 08/27/2016

The AMS team is truly amazing! From the start, Joe was extremely responsive, checked in with us to see if we needed anything through the months and was overall a wonderful person to work with! Our day of DJ was Rick and he was perfect to the T! He made our wedding absolutely amazing and everyone had a great time! Thank you for making our happily ever after come true!

Sent on 08/30/2016

Kara · Married on 08/19/2016

Absolutely amazing DJ! We had DJ Alex and he was wonderful. Listened to exactly what we had envisioned and met all our expectations and beyond!!

Sent on 12/28/2016
  • I

Ilana · Married on 08/05/2016

AMS staff and our DJ (Rick) were great to work with. We initially were going to use our DJ limitedly as we were having a band as well but when our band fell through, the picked up as if they were doing the whole event all along! The dance party was so much fun! Guests never left the dance floor and everyone commented on how great the dance hits were. The topper for me was that Rick never pronounced my name incorrectly (which happens all the time) Thank you DJ Rick and AMS, it was a pleasure to work with you. We were also very impressed with the Rick Heizman Trio which we used for our ceremony music and cocktail hour. They sounded great and played a great balance of music we had requested and fun music to keep the guests entertained. Thank you!

Sent on 08/11/2016

Natalie · Married on 07/17/2016

There's a reason why AMS dominates the wedding scene in Wine Country- their customer service is simply the best! At first my husband and I were hesitant to hire AMS. We're not huge fans of going with the status quo (we wanted more of a reason to hire them other than "everybody else did"), and we were worried about not getting to meet/speak with our actual DJ until the month of the wedding. BUT, we are SO glad we ended up going with AMS! They have a clear, systematic, and efficient structure in place that allows for smooth communication between you, the AMS office staff, and ultimately your DJ. There's also a backup DJ on call in case of any last minute emergencies, which we felt really comfortable and at ease about. Frances was amazing every step of the way, answering any and all questions and concerns. We ended up being assigned ALEX, and we couldn't be happier!!! To echo what most other people have had to say about Alex, he truly went above an beyond the typical services of a DJ. He communicated with all vendors and made sure everyone was happy with the timeline or any minor changes that needed to be made. He communicated with me personally throughout the night to ensure my happiness, but never in a way that was excessive or unnecessary. He was AWESOME!! If you want a DJ that is highly qualified, personable, and has the administrative support behind them that allows them to only worry about the music, then hire AMS!

Sent on 07/30/2016

Vannesa · Married on 07/09/2016

We hired AMS for our wedding a few weeks ago, and I have absolutely zero complaints! We booked our DJ through them, as well as a string duo for the ceremony and cocktail hour. The string musicians, called the Skyline Duo, were fantastic, and their repertoire list is so much fun! The guests loved them (everything from the Game of Thrones theme to some Taylor Swift jams). Our DJ, Raul, was also amazing! He played every song we had requested and came up with other great songs to play based on that, and he kept the energy high throughout the night. So many friends have told me how much they loved the music at our wedding! Leading up to the wedding, I worked with Frances as my point person for planning, and she was absolutely wonderful too. I absolutely recommend AMS to anyone!

Sent on 07/22/2016

Terry · Married on 07/02/2016

As far as I'm concerned, AMS is the ONLY service to use in this area! I booked them for my daughter's wedding this year, after using them in 2009 for another daughter's wedding. Alex was our DJ and he was terrific to work with. He kept things moving, played the music our guests wanted to hear and was totally professional while going above and beyond his DJ duties. Services from AMS were easy to book and communication was top notch. I'll use them again and again!

Sent on 07/08/2016

Megan · Married on 06/25/2016

We were so happy that we chose to work with AMS for our wedding in June!! I've been to so many weddings where the music was horrible, or the sounds system cut out, the quality wasn't great, etc, so I was nervous about selecting a DJ. From the very beginning, I could tell that everyone here was a professional and knew what they were doing, it put my mind at ease right away. And I can assure you, they did not disappoint. All of my questions were answered, the service was great. I forgot my password to the online planning tool and called on a Saturday, and was able to log in within minutes. Joe even walked me through the planning tool and showed me how I could search for popular dance songs, first dance songs, father daughter sings, etc, it was so helpful!! Rick was our DJ on the day of our wedding and he did great! Before the wedding party was introduced for the reception, he found me and checked on the pronunciation of a couple peoples names to make sure he said everything correctly, so important. He also checked in with me a couple of times throughout the night to make sure I was happy with how everything was going, which was awesome. He played the music I requested, and added additional songs as needed. Everyone loved the music. The DJ's really are trained to be able to read the crowd and adjust as necessary to keep the party going. If you are looking to work with a company that is knowledgeable, professional, efficient, helpful, fun, and energetic, AMS is a great choice!

Sent on 07/14/2016

Elena · Married on 06/18/2016

Joe was my sales contact and he was extremely responsive! I love a fast email reply! He was easy to get a hold of for phone chats too.

The online planning form was very easy-to-use, and Joe gave me great advice when I was not certain what I wanted.

AMS provided sound for our ceremony and our guests reported everything was easy to hear. He put a body-mic on our minister and had a hand-mic for readings. I was pleasantly surprised that our minister's body mic was about to pick up each of us saying our vows so that we did not need to hold microphones ourselves.

Our wedding was amazing!!! Rick DJed our event and got everyone dancing. He was wonderful at reading the crowd. Rick also read cues from me (e.g. wrapping up the Hora after my guests seemed circle-danced out!).

We also got our photo-booth from AMS and guests enjoyed it very much! I was having so much fun at our wedding that I forgot to use it.

People had a blast at our wedding and a lot of that is due to AMS!!!

Sent on 06/20/2016

Crystal · Married on 06/05/2016

If you want a wonderful, professional, and dependable DJ book through AMS.

Our DJ Alex went above and beyond. He made our night so incredibly special. He was more than a DJ, he was a facilitator and a great point person. I highly recommend using AMS for your special occasion, you wont regret it.

Sent on 06/08/2016

Chelsea · Married on 05/29/2016

AMS was great from the get go - Frances was wonderful to work with and answered any and all questions we had leading up to the big day. Alex, our DJ, was awesome!! He met with us a couple of weeks before the wedding to go over some details and on our wedding day, he was wonderful! People were on the dance floor the entire night and when the last song played, no one wanted it to end. Thank you AMS, Alex, and Frances!

Sent on 07/02/2016

Kate · Married on 05/28/2016

Everything about working with AMS was great! They were affordable, professional and answered all my questions and went above and beyond to assist with planning to make sure the event was perfect!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Lanee · Married on 05/20/2016

DJ Rick was amazing - he played the songs on our playlist and threw in others to keep the partying going! Prior to the wedding, the level of service was also fantastic - Frances followed up with us multiple times to ensure that we were meeting all timelines and properly creating our playlist.

Sent on 06/08/2016

AMS was very easy to work with and responsive to emails. Good value. DJ Raul was great and our guests had a great time on the dance floor. He seemed to get a feel for what our guests wanted and kept the dance floor full most of the night.

Sent on 05/12/2016

Elly · Married on 04/23/2016

AMS is a great vendor to work with!

Sent on 05/09/2016