AMS Entertainment - Pismo Beach Reviews

52 | Arroyo Grande, CA

52 Reviews for AMS Entertainment - Pismo Beach

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

H · Married on 04/14/2011

Sean the owner is great. He was a great communicator, and he is willing to do what it takes to make his clients happy. This was a very pleasant experience. Our DJ Mike was very professional and experienced. He had a good personality and was willing to go the extra mile. Highly recommended

Sent on 05/26/2011

Misty · Married on 04/25/2010

during our pre-meeting, the dj Mike had some reservations about my song choices, but was very professional in telling me how something might go over with my guests, but leaving the choice to me. There were like two songs I had chosen that were played a little out of order for whatever reason during the reception, which was a bummer as the songs had specific significance, but the only one who would know was me. Plenty of my guests commented on how great he was. He was very professional, interracted appropriately with the guests, had a great skill in matching song choices in line with our tastes, and kept us engaged in the process if there were any hickups (like letting us know the food would be coming out late - our venue never told us! - and working with us to move around the toasts to fill in time.

Sent on 05/13/2010

Ashley · Married on 07/18/2009

My husband and I got married on July 18th, and Sean was our DJ. He was so helpful before the wedding- always ready to answer any questions we had and provide music recommendations. He did an incredible job at the wedding- everyone said it was the best wedding music they had ever heard! He knew what songs to play to get the crowd on the dance floor, and they loved it! I would HIGHLY recommend Sean for any event- he was profesional and fun!!!

Sent on 07/27/2009

Brittany · Married on 07/11/2009

AMS was very helpful and great for my wedding! They were flexible and even helped me find/rent equipment for my musician during the ceremony. The DJ was flexible, took requests, and stuck to the type of music we wanted. There wasn't one thing played that we didn't like! Their online wedding planner is very helpful, and it created my whole timeline for the wedding. It was very easy to plan with them from afar (I don't live in the area the wedding was).

Sent on 07/23/2009

Katie · Married on 06/20/2009

Anthony from AMS was absolutely fabulous. We have had countless guests comment on his professionalism, his great personality, and the way that he led the party in a way that felt exactly like us. We would recommend him to everone in need of a DJ!

Sent on 07/09/2009

michelle · Married on 05/23/2009

AMS did our music for our ceremony and reception. Our DJ was Tony- he was perfect! He played all the music we wanted to hear and adhered to our "do not play" list. He knew exactly what music would get the group dancing and was able to read the crowd well. He was attentive and a lot of fun with no cheese factor what-so-ever! Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/16/2009

Joey · Married on 10/18/2008

One word: Amazing! I believe the DJ at your wedding can make or break the event. I believe Sean not only created the atmosphere we were hoping for, but he kept the night moving along perfectly... not easy an easy task with our families! It was his use of our song list, in conjunction with songs he selected that kept our dance floor full... until the very last song. Our guests were asking for more! We have heard from so many of our guests that our wedding was the best they had been to. I believe that had a lot to do with the work of all our vendors, especially Sean. My husband and I do not know song names or artists well. Sean was professional and helpful throughout the whole process. No matter how many times we contacted Sean with questions or changes he was quick to respond, patient and cooperative. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Sean and AMS for any events.

Sent on 12/19/2008

Sandee · Married on 09/20/2008

Words can't express how ECSTATIC I am that we booked AMS. I had guests come up to me at the wedding and say "DUDE, best DJ EVER!" No joke.
    I've been to a ton of weddings, and one of my biggest pet peeves is DJs who are way to chatty on the mic, and then others who look/sound like a deer in the headlights. Sean is just hands down the perfect DJ, and his style while working the mic is the perfect balance.
    One of my favorite things about Sean and AMS is that they were really cool to me. To be honest, I was a horrific Bridezilla, ESPECIALLY about the music. I wanted rock and punk and indie music and was really specific on what I wanted and didn't want. They did everything I asked and if they were at all stressed by my bridal bitchiness, it never once showed.
    Great value, extremely flexible and offered great feedback and creative ideas. I'd give them 10 stars if I could!

Sent on 06/15/2009

Kathy · Married on 09/06/2008

AMS was great! I would highly recommend them! They were reliable, cooperative, and followed through with all the wishes of the bride and groom! They made the day delightful!

Sent on 11/17/2008

LeBren · Married on 08/23/2008

Sean and his staff are amazing!! From the minute we booked them as our DJ, it was first class service all the way. The consultation was a great experience. Everytime we spoke with anyone at AMS, they made us feel like we were the only client that mattered at that time. As a bride, that is a great feeling to have your vendors undivided attention. When it came to the wedding day, they were on time and very professional. They were very entergentic and enthusitaic during the entire evening. Becuase of that, our guest were on the dance floor the entire evening. I will forever reccommend AMS Entertainment for any event whether it's a wedding, party, or small intimiate function! You will never be disappointed when booking with AMS!

Sent on 12/17/2008

Katie · Married on 07/26/2008

Sean was extremely responsive and very flexible with meeting times because I lived out of town and was only able to meet on certain days. The evening ran very smoothly. I would definately recommend him!

Sent on 12/17/2008

Jennifer · Married on 02/16/2008

On time, organized, will work with you on what you want to play and don't want to play. The DJ helped keep the ceremony and reception functioning on time. I was nervous about a DJ but this one I would use again and again!

Sent on 10/25/2008

Tiffany · Married on 05/26/2007

Michael Murray was my vendor and he was fantastic! I couldn't ask for a better DJ! He knew just want to play to keep everyone dancing all night!

Sent on 04/15/2010

M · Married on 07/28/2002

We asked the DJ to work with our Officiant so that we could get the timing right on the song we walked out to. We wanted it to start playing at a certian point of our officiants final words. They had to time it just right. The DJ had no issues with this and was happy to do it. He was helpful with the timeline during the reception. He played the music we requested and made no mistakes during the party.

Sent on 10/19/2008

AMS did a great job at my daughter's wedding. We hired them for the DJ services, the Church Musicians (pianist and cellist) and for the day of coordinator.
    The day of coordinator, Krista Simundson, I can not say enough about. Her energy, enthusiasm, and professionalism was outstanding! She made us feel like she was having a ball, right along with us. She made my daughter's wedding day go by so smoothly and I felt all day and night I had nothing to worry/think about. Thank you Krista!
    The Church Musicians were outstanding! Everyone commented on how great they sounded!! Unfortunately, being the bride's mom and bride - we were not able to hear all the selections, but everyone else's opinion was "outstanding"
    The DJ, Andrew, did a fantastic job of keeping everyone on the dance floor. We asked him to go with what he felt would keep the crowd up for we were a little wary of the crowd and how much they would dance. Well, no problem there with Andrew. He had young and old up dancing all night.
    Our overall experience with AMS was fantastic and we would highly recommend them to your wedding/event services.

Sent on 10/23/2014
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 03/19/2011

We had Sean Dasmann from AMS do our wedding. Overall, everything went well. People danced, he announced and he didn't say anything crazy (always a plus!).

The only down side to my experience was the new website. My wedding was timed perfectly with the roll out of their new interactive website. I think I was the beta test though. I kept running into issues and having to email Sean to find out what was going on. Let me tell you, it's frustrating to work on something for 1.5 hours, think you are saving, and discover it all wiped away the next time you log in. My guess is they have most of the bugs worked out by now though.

I'd be comfortable recommending Sean (and AMS) to anyone that asked.

Sent on 03/27/2011

Nicole · Married on 09/16/2011

We met with Sean and he was great! Made us feel really at ease. Our DJ was Jeremy, he was amazing and totally understood our music taste. I would HIGHLY recommend them!

Sent on 10/06/2011

Amanda · Married on 05/28/2011

DJ Anthony is THE BOMB!!!!! He worked with us and I was a totally crazy person about the music! But he went with it :o) The music and DJing was freakn' amazing! All my friends kept saying how good the DJ. We kept sending emails with different requests and he burned us a CD with some music we had heard and liked at our meeting.

Sean the owner also is super easy to work with and contact. AMS is the way to go for entertainment.

Sent on 06/01/2011

Nicole · Married on 04/17/2009

I had ALL of my friends tell me that Tony Parks from AMS in Santa Barbara was the BEST wedding DJ they've ever heard. Everyone was dancing, even Grandma! He conducted himself with utmost professionalism, stuck to my "do not play" list, and when my friends requested weird songs, handled it with ease. THANKS TONY!!!

Sent on 09/17/2010

Jenny · Married on 03/26/2011

3.5

Sean was very easy to work with, and accommodated us with all the special things we wanted to do. Even during the reception when we wanted to change something, he did it for us without hesitation. I would recommend this DJ to anyone.

Sent on 04/13/2011

Sunny · Married on 11/14/2009

AMS was great about playing the songs we wanted and helping coordinate our wedding and generally be helpful even when not playing music. I would recommend them to anyone for a wedding.

Sent on 01/01/2010

Loryn · Married on 05/03/2008

AMS did a great job. Very flexible and helpful. Helped provide direction and guide the evening.

Sent on 02/16/2009
  • Hannie

Hannie · Married on 08/13/2011

3.0

My wedding was a very tricky wedding to pull off. 1/3 of the crowd was mexican american(or visiting from Mexico) including immediate family of the groom. DJ John created the ideal musical mix during dinner and had the dance floor packed all night. (3 hours of open dancing) AMS was the perfect match for our wedding. Unlike other similar companies, they worked with our ideas instead of trying to change them. The huge faux-pas that I have to complain about was that DJ John mispronounced my name as we did the grand entrance (kind of a big deal since I was the bride!) However, you will not find a better qualified DJ with bilingual (Spanish) speaking capability plus both american and latin music knowledge on the central coast.

Sent on 08/29/2011

K · Married on 09/05/2010

3.0

Sean was great, Jeremy was really nice. I wish our wedding had been longer so we could have enjoyed the music longer!

Sent on 09/10/2010
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline · Married on 09/05/2009

3.5

AMS definately helped make our wedding day memorable. They were professional and made every part of our day flow together so perfectly.
    My husband and i definately have different taste in music and Sean, our DJ, were mixed everything together perfectly, making sure we were both happy.
    He even went out of his way and downloaded a whole cd off itunes so i could get the one song i wanted to walk down the aisle to.

Sent on 02/06/2010