Amp'd Entertainment Reviews

427 | Atlanta, GA

427 Reviews for Amp'd Entertainment

Dana · event on: 12/16/2017

Ricardo was an awesome addition to our corporate Holiday party! He kept the room upbeat with a variety of genres and mixes, and was also great with last minute song requests! So happy to have discovered him and the Amp'd Entertainment team. Would definitely love to work with Ricardo again in the future!!

Sent on 12/18/2017

Debora · event on: 12/16/2017

Hallon was our DJ for the evening. He was very professional and courteous. He checked in with me before the evening started and communicated with me throughout the evening to make sure our needs were being met. He set up very nice uplighting in the room, provided a really nice photo booth that our staff really enjoyed. We picked some of the dance music for the evening, and left the rest up to him. His choices were great. Our staff was extremely pleased with the services he provided to us for the evening. We have hosted many parties and tried several DJ's in the past but we will use AMP'd Entertainment exclusively going forward.

Sent on 12/20/2017

Avery · Married on 12/16/2017

I changed my mind often about music choices throughout the wedding planning process, and Amp'd incorporated all of my potential song choices into one night. It was extremely thoughtful, and their music reflected our style even better than a playlist we could have curated ourselves!

Sent on 05/20/2018

Kelsey · Married on 12/09/2017

Dj Bigg H from Amp’d Entertainment is amazing! He went above and beyond to make my wedding amazing. Even though he was originally scheduled to play only during the reception of my wedding, he stepped in and also played music for the ceremony when my guitarist got sick last minute. I would recommend DJ Bigg H for all future engaged couples!

Sent on 01/23/2018

Alyson · Married on 11/18/2017

Love Hollon so much!! Made my wedding so amazing!!

Sent on 12/01/2017

Rebecca · Married on 11/03/2017

Amp'd Entertainment (and Hollon specifically) are the BEST. You need to look no further and hire these guys! If you love all kinds of music and want your wedding to have a SOUL, Hollon is your man. Writing a review for Hollon won't even do this man justice. He is super talented, has an amazing personality, and loves music! Seriously, we met with another DJ who didn't like to listen to music - so watch out! :) I've had so many guests compliment Hollon's DJ genius - and we just got married on Friday! Guests were dancing up to me (because Hollon had them out of their seats) to tell me how much they loved "the DJ". The moment we met with Hollon we knew he was the perfect DJ for our wedding. What we thought was going to be a 20 minute conversation turned into 5 hours of drinking and talking music, politics and pop culture. We could have spent even more time with him but I guess 5.5 hours would be "too much"! HA! Curious about his dedication?
    Hollon agreed to work our wedding, even though he had an incredibly important family milestone to celebrate. There are no words to describe just how professional, awesome, dedicated, energetic, and musically talented Hollon is. You should listen to the Amp'd guys when they play around town - you will not be disappointed. My now husband said it best: "An epic night! I'm speechless with Hollon's amazing setup which led to legendary dance-offs this world may never see again. Rebecca and I are forever in your debt." It is true, we are forever in Hollon's debt. Did I say how awesome he is? Bottomline: Hire Amp'd Entertainment and Hollon. Believe me, your guests will thank you for the epic night.

Sent on 11/07/2017

Lauren · Married on 10/28/2017

I would HIGHLY recommend Amp'd Entertainment to anyone looking to have an amazing time at their event! My husband and I hired their services for our wedding and we were paired with Hollon. He was AMAZING! Very responsiveness to emails, helpful, organized, professional, and kept our party dancing all night! Thank you Hollon for an incredible wedding night :)

Sent on 11/05/2017

Craig · Married on 10/21/2017

AMPD Took Our Reception To The Next Level

I can’t say enough about how totally pleased we were with AMPD Entertainment! Super responsive and easy to work with - Hollon and our DJ Peter stayed in constant contact with us through the entire planning process. Their website tool allowed us to create song lists for every part of our ceremony and reception - but what truly sets them apart from other wedding DJs, is that our DJ took our song selections and created his own unique mix that had perfect flow and balance that kept the energy going! Our dance floor was full all night and our guests are still talking about our reception two years later! I highly, highly recommend AMPD Entertainment!!!

Sent on 03/10/2019

Kathleen · Married on 10/20/2017

Ricardo was amazing at our rehearsal dinner! He provided perfect music, helped with mics for speeches, and was fun and kind to all of our guests. Everyone kept raving about the great job he did - thank you for making our night so memorable! :)

Sent on 10/25/2017

Jake · Married on 10/14/2017

Hollon was amazing! He reached out well in advance of our wedding to be sure everything was in order. He helped up make some custom mixes for the wedding along with helping us choose the right song for every part of the wedding. He checked in with us prior to the event and went above and beyond to be sure we were on the same page as far as the music and atmosphere we wanted him to create on the dance floor. He kept the mixes going all night, seamlessly transitioning the songs, and ensured people stayed out on the dance floor. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ for our wedding and we truly appreciate him making our wedding unforgettable. We would highly recommend him.

Sent on 10/30/2017

Nicole · Married on 10/14/2017

Amp'd + Deitrich = Best. Wedding. Ever! We decided to have a DJ about 6 months before our October wedding and Brian was so accommodating, even after I ghosted him for a little while as we were looking around. He recommended Deitrich when we said we were ready to book and WOW! Deitrich had two meetings with us (one in person a few months out and one a week out to go over timeline and song choices) and each time, we felt like he listened to us and made sure he got everything down perfectly so there were no questions. On the day of, the timeline was seamless and he had a group on the dance floor all night including this bride. The music selection was varied and he knows how to read a crowd. We even wound up having to cut the night short since a lot of our guests had a long drive home and it was all coordinated quickly and smoothly. I even had a surprise track to walk down the aisle to and while my husband and I were on the phone with Deitrich, he was reading ahead and kept it hush hush so as not to ruin it. You will NOT be disappointed using Amp'd as your vendor and you will have the best night ever with Deitrich as your DJ.

Sent on 10/22/2017

Angela · Married on 10/13/2017

2 days before our wedding, our original DJ was admitted to the hospital for emergency surgery. We frantically called quite a few different companies that came highly recommended from a wedding coordinator friend and Amp’d was available on such short notice, worked within our budget, and made a very stressful situation into a pleasant one with a seamless transition. Deitrich (our DJ) was absolutely fabulous. Always available by email, text and call. He answered every question we had and gave great suggestions that were SO appreciated. Because of the time crunch, we had to do our first and final run through of all music choices over the phone and Deitrich made this run so smoothly. We went over everything song by song once, then he read it back to me twice to make sure everything was exactly how it needed to be. He had no problems finding the songs we wanted to use on such short notice. The day of the wedding, he had everythig ready early and was phenomenal with transitions between the ceremony, cocktail hour, and the reception. He kept the reception light and fun during dances, toasts and cake cutting. Everyone had the time of their lives and we kept hearing all night “oh my gosh, I love this song.” Deitrich is absolutely amazing. We can’t wait to use him again soon! We HIGHLY recommend Amp’d to anyone who needs an awesome DJ and fun party!

Sent on 10/14/2017

Stephanie · Married on 10/06/2017

Jordan was our DJ and literally all of our guests danced the entire wedding. No joke. That dance floor was not empty a single moment the entire night. Jordan was great during the pre-wedding too, helping us to set up tall the songs, and all the music cues and everything. Amp'd was fantastic. if you're a looking for a wedding where your guests will be sore from dancing the next morning... Amp'd is the way to go!

Sent on 10/25/2017

Leigh · Married on 10/06/2017

Mike with Amp'd Entertainment absolutely made our wedding reception. The dance floor was crowded from the first song to the last song and there was never a lull in the party. Mike was super easy to work with and his playlist platform made choosing our songs a breeze. He also flawlessly executed the sound for both our officiant and keyboardist for our ceremony and cocktail hour. Our wedding guests said we had the best DJ they have ever heard and we couldn't agree more. Mike was hands down one of the best decisions we made.

Sent on 10/27/2017

Nakia · Married on 09/30/2017

Wished it were more stars to give!!!!! Ricardo was excellent. Our playlist was flawless from beginning to end. No complaints from anyone and the music never stopped. Everyone loved him, he was like family being there. Very approachable! Please book Ricardo for any event you may have!!!! Highly recommend!! Thanks for making our day special, from
    Shaneaqua and Nakia.

Sent on 10/05/2017

Michael · Married on 09/30/2017

I believe you get what you pay for, and Peter with Amp'd Entertainment was AMAZING! From the very first phone call, Peter impressed us with his upbeat attitude and thoughtfulness. The planning process was a breeze with the Amp'd website and any question we had along the way was quickly answered. Peter provided a personalized consultation that was instrumental in assisting us with our timeline and song selection. The night of the wedding was absolutely perfect, and we owe a lot of that to Peter. Our venue was a bit unique and he did a wonderful job directing people to and from cocktail hour to dinner to cake cutting, etc. He did a fantastic job managing the crowd throughout the night. Lastly, the music and lights were incredible!!! We danced all night and never had an empty dance floor. So thankful for this amazing company and super awesome Peter!! You can't go wrong choosing Amp'd Entertainment... our guests were so impressed that they are actually booking Amp’d Entertainment for their upcoming events.

Sent on 02/03/2018

Emily · Married on 09/23/2017

Brian and the Amp'd team were wonderful. We heard Brian DJ at a friend's wedding, and basically booked him that night! Their DJ style is perfect for a fun wedding vibe. They know exactly how to read the room and build to the perfect ending of dancing like crazy people until it's last call. Everyone had a blast and we were beyond thrilled. Brian even helped make a custom song mix for my dad and I to do a surprise dance to at the wedding — truly above and beyond!

Sent on 10/05/2017

Ryan · Married on 09/03/2017

Ricardo was the best possible choice. We would choos he m for every event we ever needed a DJ at!!!

Sent on 09/05/2017

Sheetal · Married on 09/02/2017

Amp'd entertainment was phenomenal. We do not have one negative comment about their service or delivery. Hollon Yarborough was the DJ for our wedding, he went above and beyond to accommodate our needs and requests. We provided him with a list of Indian songs that he was able to incorporate into our night seamlessly. Not only was the music AMAZING, but he was very attentive to the details we had given him about our wedding! We couldn't be happier and would absolutely recommend Ampd entertainment for you next event!

Sent on 11/20/2017

Monica · Married on 08/19/2017

We hired Amp'd Entertainment and Hollon Yarborough to DJ my daughter's wedding. As a mom, I was super nervous as this was the first wedding we had thrown. Hollon put us at ease in the very first meeting. His work at the reception was AMAZING! We had guests from 11-89 years old and he literally played something for everyone. I had so many guests tell me that they had never danced so much at a wedding!! Excellent job.

Sent on 08/22/2017

Madeline · Married on 08/09/2017

Hollon is absolutely incredible to work with. He was the DJ at my sisters wedding and have everyone dancing the entire night!!! He also helped me work on mixing a track for another event and was incredible to work with, so easy to communicate with and went above and beyond to ensure that it was exactly what we wanted. I cannot say enough great things about Hollon he is an incredible DJ and an even better person!!

Sent on 05/22/2017

Jane · Married on 07/22/2017

Amp'd did an awesome job! Everyone was dancing all night long. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ!

Sent on 07/30/2017

Kathy · Married on 07/08/2017

Brian Sires was recommended to us by our day-of coordinator and we are so grateful!! Brian did a fantastic job tailoring the music to exactly what the bride and groom wanted! They were thrilled with his planning and loved working with him. We had an afternoon reception and the dance floor was packed the entire time--great music, great mixing, great pace!! Outstanding service and very professional!!!

Sent on 08/05/2017

Sydney · Married on 06/24/2017

Mike was amazing! He played all of the music for our ceremony and reception. He listened to exactly what we wanted for our wedding day and delivered an awesome time! Our guests were raving about the dj and how much fun they had!

Sent on 07/24/2017

Patti · Married on 06/17/2017

Jordan was amazing! Everyone at our reception had such a great time! Amp'd was so easy and professional to work with. They also worked well with our other vendors we used. Their web site made it easy, with tips on planning and a time line. Also had suggestions for songs for different parts of the reception. I would use them again, with no hesitation!

Sent on 06/19/2017