AMP'D ENTERTAINMENT Reviews

AMP'D ENTERTAINMENT 1
AMP'D ENTERTAINMENT 2
  • Brinton

Brinton Thrasher · Getting married on 06/05/2020

Couldn't have chosen better! Lyris rocked!

We just recently got married using DJ Lyris from Amp'd. She was so awesome and easy to work with! She made herself available for us as many times as we needed ahead of the wedding and once she got there was even flexible to a few last minute ceremonial changes we'd made on when to play music. She got the party going when it was clear none of us knew what we were doing with the Cha Cha Slide and all of our guests had nothing but awesome things to say about our DJ. Our guests had a blast, we had a blast, and we can only hope that DJ Lyris had a blast with us as well! Thanks Amp'd and thanks Lyris for an unforgettable night!

Sent on 05/27/2019

Jennifer Mokri · Married on 07/13/2019

Absolutely Amazing Amp'd Entertainment!

Amp'd Entertainment created a perfect wedding experience for us and our guests. We used DJ Peter Portales and he was perfect! We met with him twice leading up to the wedding to discuss details and I love their online portal so you can make changes and add any details they will need to know for the day (including timeline, names of people giving toasts, etc.) They did our music starting before the ceremony all the way to the end of the night. I would recommend them to anyone who wants to throw down at their wedding.

Sent on 07/26/2019
  • Julianna

Julianna Alfini · Married on 07/05/2019

So much fun!

It was wonderful working with Hollon! I had a destination wedding in Hilton Head Island, and the planning process was very smooth and easy with Amp’d Entertainment. Hollon incorporated every every genre/ song that I wanted into my reception. He made my reception so much fun and had everyone dancing all night long! He received so many compliments from my guests and kept everyone engaged though out the whole reception. His mashups/ remixes were so cool, unique, and entertaining! My guests did not want the night to end! I would highly recommend amp’d Entertainment! They will make your night unforgettable.

Sent on 07/12/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/29/2019

Dance floor was packed the whole night!

We absolutely LOVED working with Amp'd Entertainment! Hollon (DJ Big H) was amazing and on top of everything from day 1. He took our recommendations of favorites and classics and made a PERFECT dance floor mix - no one wanted to leave the dancing! I HIGHLY recommend Amp'd Entertainment for any big event - they are amazing!

Sent on 07/11/2019
  • Ben

Ben Mortimer · Married on 06/22/2019

Exactly what we wanted

DJ Ricardo took the time to learn about the party we wanted to curate and he hit the nail on the head.

Sent on 07/03/2019
  • Rachael

Rachael Gibson · Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing and fun remix DJ company

We couldn’t have picked a better DJ for our wedding!! We picked the remixed music choice and so glad we did! Hollon played every song we listed and then some! All of our friends and family were dancing the night away and could have danced way longer if we had the time!

Sent on 07/07/2019
  • Kaylyn

Kaylyn · Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing Mixes!

Deitrich did an amazing job as our wedding DJ, and our reception music was great! He did an excellent job reading the crowd and mixing music suited to our guests! We had such a great time!

Sent on 07/09/2019
  • Sara

Sara Judd · Married on 06/15/2019

Music, Bar, Food - In that order or you're doing it wrong!

Amp'd Entertainment and DJ Bigg H were absolutely vital in perfecting our wedding experience. We have an eclectic taste in music and we wanted our reception to reflect it. I can't speak highly enough about the custom detail given to what we wanted. Just a few of the unique requests that were met: making the trip all the way from Atlanta, a change in the first dance song two days before (and surprising us with an unforgettable way to incorporate the original song too), playing "Gloria" by Laura Branigan TWICE to celebrate the Blues winning the Stanley Cup, making sure lyrics about fat house cats made it into the bride's processional, incorporating countless obscure requests like "Jump in the Line" and "Clap for the Wolfman" into the dance mix flawlessy. My new #relationshipgoal is to hire them for every milestone anniversary party. ; )

Sent on 06/26/2019
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 06/07/2019

Great DJ to get your party rocking

We hired Mike Walsh from Amp'd Entertainment. Their online timeline of your event/evening and ability to add songs/genres you enjoy, as well as look for inspiration for other songs (i.e. ceremony songs! who know those were so hard to pick) was really helpful. The night of the wedding, our guests were on the dancefloor ALL night. He listened to our requests in terms of the vibe of the night and what kinds of songs we liked and worked them all in seamlessly. Awesome job!

Sent on 06/20/2019
  • Ryan

Ryan Hedrich · Married on 05/26/2019

Get Ricardo if you can!

Ricardo made the dancing happen! 90's pop had all ages up on the floor.

Sent on 06/07/2019
  • Tim

Tim Wilson · Married on 05/26/2019

True Professionals - Highly Recommended

My fiancé and I wanted a DJ, but couldn't justify paying tons of money for someone to set up a playlist and speakers. Amp'd was great because they are mixing music live during the reception. That also means they can work in more songs and if they get the sense a song isn't working then on to the next. From the first meeting with Mike he made us feel comfortable that he understood our vision. He somehow made sense of our scatter-brained directions and pulled everything together perfectly. Was fun to work with, and very professional. The reception was killer and Mike kept the dance floor moving from beginning to end.

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 05/18/2019

Absolutely Amazing

I couldn’t have asked for a better DJ for our wedding! He was very responsive to all of our request and everything was exactly how we asked for it!! I’ve had soo many compliments about how much fun the wedding was and what great music we had! I would definitely recommend Amp’d entertainment!

Sent on 05/21/2019

Makenzie L. · Married on 04/27/2019

DJ Ricardo

Ricardo did a phenomenal job! He was extremely friendly, helpful and energetic. He walked us through the entire music planning process and listened to our requests. He brought our reception to life and our guests had a fantastic time!

Sent on 05/07/2019
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Powers · Married on 04/27/2019

Everything we wanted and more!

We used Amp'd Entertainment for our wedding in April 2019. Hollon absolutely killed it, and we could not have asked for a better experience! The process leading up to the wedding was so smooth, and so easy, and Hollon was extremely willing to communicate with us and listen to our ideas and desires for our reception, wanting to make the day memorable and fun for us to look back on. We told him our one goal was to keep people on the dance floor, and he made that a reality! He kept the music flowing, upbeat, and in line with what we picked out, yet he was flexible enough to read the crowd and make changes if necessary to keep people having an AWESOME time! And they did!! Beyond the music, Hollon made sure we had a perfect day all-around, and that's what makes this company exceptional. The second I (the bride) arrived to the reception venue, he met me outside and approached me like he's known me my whole life. He practically "forced" my husband and I to take 20 minutes outside by ourselves to breathe and eat dinner before moving into a night of the reception. We were SO thankful for that and that he took the time to allow us to catch our breath and have the chance to eat and sit down for a few minutes alone. It made it that much more fun and a lot easier to walk into a reception full of people ready to go! Genuine people, great company, and we couldn't have asked for a better experience! We still listen to our wedding playlist to this day!

Sent on 08/14/2019

Jake and Jessica · Married on 04/13/2019

The party of a lifetime

Ricardo was super professional and handled all of our requests and preferences during the ceremony and then threw a party we and our guests won't soon forget!

Sent on 04/14/2019
  • Linda

Linda Hock · Married on 04/05/2019

Brian Sires with Amp'd Entertainment

Brian was so easy to work with from the very beginning! Not only is he very professional but he is very prompt in returning emails, phone calls, etc. He helped us chose the music that was appropriate for the wedding procession and appropriate dance music for all to enjoy. He is an absolute joy to work with and we all had a wonderful time dancing and sharing the joy of our daughter's wedding celebration!

Sent on 05/08/2019

Debra · Married on 03/31/2019

Ricardo Spicer is the G.O.A.T.

We had the HONOR of working with Ricardo Spicer! Everyone raved about how "awesome" our DJ was. Not only did he play music that appealed to all generations, but he also facilitated reception events incredibly well, such as first dances, toasts, etc. He was also so fun to work with and really took the time to know our story and understand us as a couple. We can't recommend him enough!

Sent on 04/04/2019

Jd Erickson · Married on 03/30/2019

Look no further for your wedding entertainment!

We had Hollon from Amp'd entertainment DJ our cocktail hour and reception for our wedding at the Howard House in Kirkwood, Atlanta. Hollon was an absolute wizard and killed it!! He was incredibly flexible when we also wanted to include some live music during the ceremony. Our guests were buzzing for days after the wedding about how good the music was. Everyone from college kids to grandparents!
    The mashups and attention to detail were second to none! We thought we had a crowd that would dance some but not a lot and Hollon kept the dance floor packed the entire time. Even the guests that did not dance ended up staying way longer than we would expect because they were enjoying the amazing atmosphere he curated.

My wife and I immediately connected with Hollon on a personal level and we just enjoyed talking good music as he was always available to us. Preparing for the wedding was a breeze because the online portal for selecting music was very intuitive. We were able to nail down everything from specific songs to genres.

We are definitely going to continue to attend some of his events around town. No joke - stop looking and hire these guys!!!

Sent on 04/06/2019
  • Kim

Kim · Married on 03/23/2019

Music well beyond our expectations

We just had our wedding on 3/23/2019 and Brian was our DJ. Brian first got in touch with us after he saw our list of favorite artists. He noted right away that he would love the challenge of creating an experience with the varied styles of music we had requested. He was always very responsive and easy to deal with. When it finally came to the day of the wedding he was incredibly professional and he had our entire wedding party on the dance floor from the start and going until last song. I will say that this was not an easy feat: mixing the Grateful dead, Avett Brothers, 2pac and the Glitch mob but Brian did this seamlessly and everyone we have talked to had a blast. I would recommend Amp'd and in particular Brian for anyone who is interested in bringing a professional mixed DJ set to your wedding and most importantly making your wedding party have a great time.

Sent on 03/26/2019

Stephen Reich · Married on 03/23/2019

Hire This Company!

DJ Lyris was absolutely phenomenal for us. We gave her tons of creative freedom with just a simple wedding Spotify playlist and then some DJ's and their sets that we and our friends liked and she blew the roof off of our venue. The lights really complemented the venue, she was there very early and worked with our coordinators behind the scenes to ensure a smooth ceremony and transition to reception.

The website is a little intimidating at first, but once we played around with it more, we figured out our way around. Lyris was easily reachable and very personable. The business side of the transaction was very easy and they did not make us jump through any hoops of fire to pay them. The live DJing that Lyris did had the coordinators and venue director floored. Unfortunately, my wife and I live in Chicago and don't get to experience more of the AMP'D Entertainment crew. However, if any of my Atlanta friends are getting married, I will always recommend this company.

Sent on 04/02/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Lamourt · Married on 03/16/2019

Best. DJ. Ever.

When the time came to start planning my wedding, I knew that the most important part to me was the DJ. I am not a fan of live bands but I also hate cheesy ‘wedding dj’s’. My event planner, Wrennwood Design, recommended Amp’d and the second I went on the website I knew it was what I was looking for. I sent an email and Ricardo responded that day. We scheduled a call and he explained the company, walked me through the process, and even walked me through the website so I could see pictures and videos of what he was talking about. I felt so confident after our initial call. Every step of the way, Ricardo was timely, polite, and answered all of my questions. We had a couple calls leading up to the wedding but at every point I never felt nervous about my choice in dj- he was always solid. He MADE my wedding. It was everything I wanted and more! I am still in awe. All of my guests can’t stop talking about the amazing music. If you want to dance the night away then this is the company for you! I would recommend Ricardo over and over again. On the day of the wedding, I had two last minute changes and he handled them so professionally and with ease. It was so reassuring. I last minute booked the uplight package. I wasn’t 100% sold because weddings are expensive but Ricardo really sold it to me. I do not regret it at all! It made my space look amazing!! Worth every penny.

Sent on 03/20/2019

Sara · Married on 03/02/2019

We danced all night long!

Brian did a great job keeping the party going all night, and keeping people moving on the dance floor! What more could you ask for?! I (the bride) was really drained during our reception, but the music kept me moving too, so I am super thankful for that too! Our friends appreciated the ability to make requests, as well as the way the music was layered so songs flowed together seamlessly. Great party all thanks to DJ Brian!

Sent on 03/27/2019
  • D'Anna

D'Anna · Married on 02/17/2019

Danced the night away!

Amp'd Entertainment and specifically, DJ Deitrich Armstrong were awesome! Music is such a critical element to any celebration or party and working with Amp'd and Deitrich made it so easy. From the beginning, they were able to help me stay on-budget and still give me all the elements from lighting to music for a great night. The planning tools are incredible and we had so much fun as a couple leading up to the wedding playing songs and making our requests. Deitrich was incredibly professional and sincere - he always made our calls so easy and he was super thorough regarding the timeline and requests.

On day of, Deitrich truly went above and beyond. I didn't spend a ton of time micro-managing his every move and he was able to anticipate needs and he took it upon himself to help coordinate details I didn't think of.

From the moment guests started gathering at the venue, he helped set the tone for the night. People were coming up to me and asking about the playlist and telling me the music was awesome. Once we officially opened the dance floor for the fun part, I literally never left it. Our guests had SO MUCH FUN. Deitrich was great about mixing up the music and moving on to songs he could tell the guests were responding to. There was literally never a dull moment. He hit on every emotion and it felt like I was connected to every guest through the music. For the last song, every guest was arm and arm with us dancing in the middle and me in tears. It truly felt like a scene from a movie. When the last song was announced, our guests literally cried out, no! We could have danced for several more hours because of his talents and the energy and emotion he helped provide. I am so grateful to Deitrich and the whole team at Amp'd!

Sent on 03/07/2019

Alicia Okafor · Married on 02/16/2019

Best. Night. Ever.

We met Brian and Amp'd Entertainment at the Bridal Extravaganza and instantly fell in love with their remix'd style. Brian was fantastic to work with leading up to the wedding and kept the dance floor full all night long with great mixes of new hits and classics. Our wedding guests said we had the best DJ and we couldn't agree more. Thanks Brian!

Sent on 04/03/2019