Amp'd Entertainment Reviews

Amp'd Entertainment 1
Amp'd Entertainment 2

Amand · Married on 12/01/2018

Hollon; 12/1/18 Georgian Terrace Wedding

Hollon was the BEST! He rocked our wedding, made us feel comfortable and could ask questions at any time. We are so happy to have danced the night away with him!

Ami Dand · Married on 11/11/2018

You won’t be disappointed!

Hollon/amp’d entertainment made my wedding a dream come true! Hollon worked with my husband and I, and when I say Worked with, I really mean did all the work. I was so busy doing everything else that I really left Music up to the last minute, but with as minimal direction as I gave, our ‘love’ soundtrack matched us perfectly. Hollon spends a lot of time getting to know his clients, and personalizing music to them. From playing oldies, to classical pop to star wars to Hindi songs, he made it all happen. Everyone had a blast at the wedding and danced until the very end. Thank you Hollon, for making our day one we will remember for the rest of our lives!

• Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 11/10/2018

Great Wedding DJ!

We absolutely loved working with Ricardo Spicer at Amp'd Entertainment for our wedding! He took a lot of time to prepare with us leading up to the event and kept the party going all night! We had a great time and our guests were dancing all night. We loved how the night went and couldn't have asked for a better wedding DJ experience. Thank you SO MUCH!!

Sent on 11/27/2018

Amp'd Entertainment's reply:

Lizzie! Thank you so much for the phenomenal review. I am so glad that you enjoyed my performance and execution. You and Preston are a great couple! Cheers! - Ricardo

Danielle Vansickle · Married on 11/10/2018

You won’t regret it!

Hollon did an amazing job and exceeded my expectations. Everyone had a great time. I would highly recommend him.

Kristin Hall · Married on 11/09/2018

DJ Ricardo was wonderful!

DJ Ricardo helped make our school fundraiser a huge success! He worked wonderfully with our emcee for the night, and everyone had a great time. He knew just the right music to play and when- would absolutely hire him again!

Sent on 11/27/2018

Amp'd Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for the great review. I had an incredible time performing at your event. I look forward to working with the great parents of Heards Ferry again. Cheers!
  • Nathalie

Nathalie Espinol · Married on 11/03/2018

Made our reception a BLAST!

Brian has DJ'ed not just our wedding, but four of our friends' weddings - he is THAT good! He does an incredible job of tailoring his set to the tastes of the bride and groom and to the crowd, keeping everyone dancing all night! At one point, our main dance floor lost power, so instead of calling it a night, Brian hustled and moved to another area of the venue so we could keep the party going. We really appreciated how he went above and beyond for us and our guests! Would highly recommend to anyone who is looking for a less traditional (i.e. NOT CHEESY) wedding DJ!

• Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 10/27/2018

Hollon is perfect for the misfits too!

Hollon was absolutely amazing! As a couple that was a little offbeat and didn't really want a lot of "typical" music, Hollon rocked it with his variety of tunes that pleased both us and the crowd. I had many people inquire about him after our wedding, as well as, wanting the playlist from our reception (and ceremony even). He's great about communicating prior to the event and goes out of his way to make sure he is going to achieve the vibe you are looking for. My husband was bummed after it was all over and said we need to have another event at some point just to get Hollon to play music for us again!

Sasha · Married on 10/27/2018

So lucky to have been referred amp’d Entertainment

Ricardo with Amp’d entertainment did an amazing job at our wedding . We could
    Not have picked a better dj!

Christine · Married on 10/13/2018

BEST DJ in town

We worked with Hollon (DJ Bigg H) for our wedding music, but he was so much more than just a DJ. From the minute we reached out to Hollon, he was incredible. Amp’d Entertainment puts on events with other wedding vendors from time to time so we were able to go see/listen to Hollon before we booked him which I loved instead of blindly booking someone. After booking, the planning process was made simple with their online planner with their endless music selection. Then even during our planning process when the timeline was sent out to all of the vendors, he politely suggested a different order of events that made more sense for the first dances, cake cutting etc. to make sure things ran more smoothly. During the actual wedding, I don’t think the dance floor was ever empty. Let’s just say he always exceeded our expectations. You won’t regret booking this company, especially Hollon!

• Courtney

Courtney Heba · Married on 10/06/2018

Amp'd and Ricardo are the Best!

I highly recommend Amp'd and specifically Ricardo! I love that Amp'd specializes in fast remixes and does not just play songs...they actually mix the music. The difference between Ricardo at Amp'd and other DJ's is night and day. He met with us several times before the wedding to ensure he had everything right. He is also extremely responsive by email. My wedding planners were very impressed. Amp'd also uses Spotify as a platform, which makes it very easy to create a wedding playlist. The DJ was the highlight of the wedding and his mixes were perfect. I would highly recommend them!

• Leah

Leah Tran · Married on 10/06/2018

Loved Amp'd for My Wedding

We loved Brian Sires from Amp'd Entertainment! Not only was he professional and prompt to answer all our questions from the very get-go, but he even suggested a reversal of playlists that ended up being much more appropriate for our cocktail hour and dinner segments (so appreciated!). As the partner originally from Atlanta, I had a very specific type of music I wanted (lots of Outkast, rap, bluesy songs). I wanted a DJ that got the vision and loved the genres as well. Brian went far and beyond to give us what we wanted PLUS add songs I didn't even think of. My guests and I danced all night and had the best time!

Another reason why we loved Amp'd so much was their Photobooth selection. We rented one that fit the theme of our venue (it was wood and looked kind of industrial)--it was perfect. And the PROPS included were so great. I wish I could've kept them all: Andre 3000, Snoop, I Heart ATL, etc... the best props I've ever seen at a wedding.

All in all, I would hire these guys again for any future events. They are so great at what they do!

• Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 10/06/2018

Remix'd wedding!!

I discovered Amp’d Entertainment at an expo and was pleased to learn they were amongst our venue’s list of preferred vendors. After meeting with Mike, it was clear they were our top choice for entertainment. Amp’d Entertainment is all about customer service and provides a top-notch experience to meet your personal taste! I spoke with Mike many times through planning and was 100% confident he understood our vision. On the day of our wedding he executed playlists flawlessly and his experience allowed him to play exactly what our crowd needed! Their online planning tool made selections a breeze and allowed us to worry about one less thing. Mike accepted requests and was our announcer all night with high energy and enthusiasm. Music transitions were expertly mixed which gives a unique result most people have never heard. The dance floor stayed packed and I highly recommend Amp’d to any couple looking to elevate your night.

Sent on 10/31/2018
    Amp'd Entertainment 3

Amp'd Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Caitlin! You all were a blast to work with and I had a blast too. We appreciate that you trusted us with your big night!

Jason H · Married on 10/06/2018

Blues, Jazz, and Hip Hop = Awesome

My wife and I are based out of town, in Brooklyn NY, and got married in Atlanta. Finding the right music to fit our tastes was something we were dreading - until we met Brian at Amp'd. From our first sit down, he got us, and the exact vibe that we wanted. Brian was fantastic to work with, super professional and superbly talented. We've had so many compliments on our music. It was great to have Brian be a part of our day. I would recommend to anybody!

Shireen · Married on 09/29/2018

Hollon is the best! He is a friend of ours so we knew he would be an awesome DJ but he exceeded expectations. He was so easy to work with and although we waited until the last minute to make song selections, he was able to put together the perfect playlist. He was also great at being the MC for the night and had great energy. Our guests loved him and the music. The photo booth was a big hit too. If you want to work with a friendly and committed team then Amp'd is the way to go. We cannot recommend them enough!

Kellee · Married on 09/23/2018

Brian was amazing. He was easy to talk to and get my musical tastes across with little effort. He played a great mix , kept everyone dancing and my sister in law asked for his information so she could book him for her company events!! We had a fantastic time.

Kendall · Married on 09/22/2018

We had such an amazing time, Ricardo with Amp'd Entertainment was absolutely amazing! There photo booth was a HUGE hit at our wedding!!!!!! Thank you so much for your services!

Stacy · Married on 09/22/2018

Absolutely The Best entertainment for our wedding! From the DJ to the Photo Booth they were the best! I highly recommended them for your wedding!

Bryan · Married on 09/08/2018

Ricardo was a true professional. When we initially spoke on the phone, we immediately hit it off. I interviewed other DJ's who had similar pricing, but what set Amp'd apart for me was: 1) Ricardo said he would personally be our DJ, another popular DJ service was just going to fill in with someone I had not actually spoken to and 2) Ricardo said they would mix the songs together. This kept it fresh on the dance floor and I know it takes some talent to do this. He really knows his music. In addition to the ceremony, cocktail hour, and dinner music, I gave him 3.5 hours (!) of music for a 2 hour set after dinner and heard most of the songs, plus he snuck a couple of good ones in-between as well. Got multiple compliments on the music.

Mother Of The Bride · Married on 09/08/2018

Above and beyond!!

Hollon came highly recommended and did not disappoint. He provided the music at our daughter's wedding at King Plow last month and was a pleasure to work with from start to finish. He is a music mixer extraordinaire! What a nice surprise to see the wonderful pictures he took from his perfect vantage point and to have the playlist provided afterwards.

Jennifer Mills · Married on 09/01/2018

EXCELLENT! 10 out of 10!

I would recommend Mike with Amp'd Entertainment 1000 times! Mike DJ'ed my sisters wedding then traveled up to Cleveland, OH for mine because we were so happy with him. He was professional, responsive, and most importantly, kept the dance floored packed the whole night! I loved working with Mike and would recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ for their wedding or next event!

Jackie · event on: 08/18/2018

Ricardo was a pleasure to work with and I cannot say enough positives about him and Amp’d. He was very professional and took the time to get to know our son so that he could make it a great and memorable bar mitzvah party. Although we never met Adam, our MC, until the night of the party, he was also wonderful to work with.

Samantha · Married on 08/11/2018

I can't tell you how many of our guests said we had the best wedding - because of the music!! My husband and I aren’t huge fans of the typical wedding/80s music. I was so busy by the time the wedding rolled around that I hadnt really had a chance to update the online website that he provides (which is an amazing tool btw), but after a short call with Hollon he totally got what we were looking for. He did an amazing job at remixing/mashing-up songs to make it totally unique and fun. He also sent a soundtrack which is super special because I don’t remember all the songs in the blur of the night. You can’t go wrong booking Hollon!!

Joe · Married on 08/11/2018

Just wanted to give a quick shout out to Hollon "DJ Bigg H" from AMP'd Entertainment for doing an AMAZING job at my wedding a few weeks ago! Our guests' ages ranged from 20's to 80's and came from all over the US and Mexico and Hollon immediately attracted everyone to the dance floor with his excellent, vast array of music/mixes. Whether it's a wedding, bday, mitzvah, anniversary or company party, if you're looking for a top notch DJ with tunes that'll satisfy everyone's tastes, AMP'd is the way to go!

Amp'd Entertainment 4

Robert · Married on 08/11/2018

If you are looking for an emcee to host a wedding reception (or any other special event) and the goal is to have an absolute blast, please choose Amp'd Entertainment. Mike Walsh was the DJ at my wedding reception and he killed it! He met with us a few months before the wedding to discuss our musical tastes and what he likes to do to keep the crown moving. He specializes in mixing several styles of music into a seamless groove. I was actually even more impressed at his hosting skills. It's so important to have a host who can announce wedding parties, father and bride dances, best man and maid of honor toasts, and general items of information. We felt we certainly got our money's worth. He even coordinated with our maid of honor sound bites of music to highlight inside jokes within her speech. He also did very subtle things like cutting the formal dance songs early so that the reception kept flowing. Of course this was done in conjunction and by permission with both my bride and I with a wink and a nod. Amp'd Entertainment will be very flexible with what your wedding reception requires. Many of our guests commented afterward what a great time they had and asked who our DJ was. I am very proud to recommend Amp'd for any party and would definitely call on them again!