Amp'd Entertainment Reviews

Amp'd Entertainment 1
Amp'd Entertainment 2
  • Brinton

Brinton Thrasher · Getting married on 06/05/2020

Couldn't have chosen better! Lyris rocked!

We just recently got married using DJ Lyris from Amp'd. She was so awesome and easy to work with! She made herself available for us as many times as we needed ahead of the wedding and once she got there was even flexible to a few last minute ceremonial changes we'd made on when to play music. She got the party going when it was clear none of us knew what we were doing with the Cha Cha Slide and all of our guests had nothing but awesome things to say about our DJ. Our guests had a blast, we had a blast, and we can only hope that DJ Lyris had a blast with us as well! Thanks Amp'd and thanks Lyris for an unforgettable night!

Sent on 05/27/2019
  • Ryan

Ryan Hedrich · Married on 05/26/2019

Get Ricardo if you can!

Ricardo made the dancing happen! 90's pop had all ages up on the floor.

Sent on 06/07/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 05/18/2019

Absolutely Amazing

I couldn’t have asked for a better DJ for our wedding! He was very responsive to all of our request and everything was exactly how we asked for it!! I’ve had soo many compliments about how much fun the wedding was and what great music we had! I would definitely recommend Amp’d entertainment!

Sent on 05/21/2019

Makenzie L. · Married on 04/27/2019

DJ Ricardo

Ricardo did a phenomenal job! He was extremely friendly, helpful and energetic. He walked us through the entire music planning process and listened to our requests. He brought our reception to life and our guests had a fantastic time!

Sent on 05/07/2019

Jake and Jessica · Married on 04/13/2019

The party of a lifetime

Ricardo was super professional and handled all of our requests and preferences during the ceremony and then threw a party we and our guests won't soon forget!

Sent on 04/14/2019
  • Linda

Linda Hock · Married on 04/05/2019

Brian Sires with Amp'd Entertainment

Brian was so easy to work with from the very beginning! Not only is he very professional but he is very prompt in returning emails, phone calls, etc. He helped us chose the music that was appropriate for the wedding procession and appropriate dance music for all to enjoy. He is an absolute joy to work with and we all had a wonderful time dancing and sharing the joy of our daughter's wedding celebration!

Sent on 05/08/2019

Debra · Married on 03/31/2019

Ricardo Spicer is the G.O.A.T.

We had the HONOR of working with Ricardo Spicer! Everyone raved about how "awesome" our DJ was. Not only did he play music that appealed to all generations, but he also facilitated reception events incredibly well, such as first dances, toasts, etc. He was also so fun to work with and really took the time to know our story and understand us as a couple. We can't recommend him enough!

Sent on 04/04/2019

Jd Erickson · Married on 03/30/2019

Look no further for your wedding entertainment!

We had Hollon from Amp'd entertainment DJ our cocktail hour and reception for our wedding at the Howard House in Kirkwood, Atlanta. Hollon was an absolute wizard and killed it!! He was incredibly flexible when we also wanted to include some live music during the ceremony. Our guests were buzzing for days after the wedding about how good the music was. Everyone from college kids to grandparents!
    The mashups and attention to detail were second to none! We thought we had a crowd that would dance some but not a lot and Hollon kept the dance floor packed the entire time. Even the guests that did not dance ended up staying way longer than we would expect because they were enjoying the amazing atmosphere he curated.

My wife and I immediately connected with Hollon on a personal level and we just enjoyed talking good music as he was always available to us. Preparing for the wedding was a breeze because the online portal for selecting music was very intuitive. We were able to nail down everything from specific songs to genres.

We are definitely going to continue to attend some of his events around town. No joke - stop looking and hire these guys!!!

Sent on 04/06/2019
  • Kim

Kim · Married on 03/23/2019

Music well beyond our expectations

We just had our wedding on 3/23/2019 and Brian was our DJ. Brian first got in touch with us after he saw our list of favorite artists. He noted right away that he would love the challenge of creating an experience with the varied styles of music we had requested. He was always very responsive and easy to deal with. When it finally came to the day of the wedding he was incredibly professional and he had our entire wedding party on the dance floor from the start and going until last song. I will say that this was not an easy feat: mixing the Grateful dead, Avett Brothers, 2pac and the Glitch mob but Brian did this seamlessly and everyone we have talked to had a blast. I would recommend Amp'd and in particular Brian for anyone who is interested in bringing a professional mixed DJ set to your wedding and most importantly making your wedding party have a great time.

Sent on 03/26/2019

Stephen Reich · Married on 03/23/2019

Hire This Company!

DJ Lyris was absolutely phenomenal for us. We gave her tons of creative freedom with just a simple wedding Spotify playlist and then some DJ's and their sets that we and our friends liked and she blew the roof off of our venue. The lights really complemented the venue, she was there very early and worked with our coordinators behind the scenes to ensure a smooth ceremony and transition to reception.

The website is a little intimidating at first, but once we played around with it more, we figured out our way around. Lyris was easily reachable and very personable. The business side of the transaction was very easy and they did not make us jump through any hoops of fire to pay them. The live DJing that Lyris did had the coordinators and venue director floored. Unfortunately, my wife and I live in Chicago and don't get to experience more of the AMP'D Entertainment crew. However, if any of my Atlanta friends are getting married, I will always recommend this company.

Sent on 04/02/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Lamourt · Married on 03/16/2019

Best. DJ. Ever.

When the time came to start planning my wedding, I knew that the most important part to me was the DJ. I am not a fan of live bands but I also hate cheesy ‘wedding dj’s’. My event planner, Wrennwood Design, recommended Amp’d and the second I went on the website I knew it was what I was looking for. I sent an email and Ricardo responded that day. We scheduled a call and he explained the company, walked me through the process, and even walked me through the website so I could see pictures and videos of what he was talking about. I felt so confident after our initial call. Every step of the way, Ricardo was timely, polite, and answered all of my questions. We had a couple calls leading up to the wedding but at every point I never felt nervous about my choice in dj- he was always solid. He MADE my wedding. It was everything I wanted and more! I am still in awe. All of my guests can’t stop talking about the amazing music. If you want to dance the night away then this is the company for you! I would recommend Ricardo over and over again. On the day of the wedding, I had two last minute changes and he handled them so professionally and with ease. It was so reassuring. I last minute booked the uplight package. I wasn’t 100% sold because weddings are expensive but Ricardo really sold it to me. I do not regret it at all! It made my space look amazing!! Worth every penny.

Sent on 03/20/2019

Sara · Married on 03/02/2019

We danced all night long!

Brian did a great job keeping the party going all night, and keeping people moving on the dance floor! What more could you ask for?! I (the bride) was really drained during our reception, but the music kept me moving too, so I am super thankful for that too! Our friends appreciated the ability to make requests, as well as the way the music was layered so songs flowed together seamlessly. Great party all thanks to DJ Brian!

Sent on 03/27/2019
  • D'Anna

D'Anna · Married on 02/17/2019

Danced the night away!

Amp'd Entertainment and specifically, DJ Deitrich Armstrong were awesome! Music is such a critical element to any celebration or party and working with Amp'd and Deitrich made it so easy. From the beginning, they were able to help me stay on-budget and still give me all the elements from lighting to music for a great night. The planning tools are incredible and we had so much fun as a couple leading up to the wedding playing songs and making our requests. Deitrich was incredibly professional and sincere - he always made our calls so easy and he was super thorough regarding the timeline and requests.

On day of, Deitrich truly went above and beyond. I didn't spend a ton of time micro-managing his every move and he was able to anticipate needs and he took it upon himself to help coordinate details I didn't think of.

From the moment guests started gathering at the venue, he helped set the tone for the night. People were coming up to me and asking about the playlist and telling me the music was awesome. Once we officially opened the dance floor for the fun part, I literally never left it. Our guests had SO MUCH FUN. Deitrich was great about mixing up the music and moving on to songs he could tell the guests were responding to. There was literally never a dull moment. He hit on every emotion and it felt like I was connected to every guest through the music. For the last song, every guest was arm and arm with us dancing in the middle and me in tears. It truly felt like a scene from a movie. When the last song was announced, our guests literally cried out, no! We could have danced for several more hours because of his talents and the energy and emotion he helped provide. I am so grateful to Deitrich and the whole team at Amp'd!

Sent on 03/07/2019

Alicia Okafor · Married on 02/16/2019

Best. Night. Ever.

We met Brian and Amp'd Entertainment at the Bridal Extravaganza and instantly fell in love with their remix'd style. Brian was fantastic to work with leading up to the wedding and kept the dance floor full all night long with great mixes of new hits and classics. Our wedding guests said we had the best DJ and we couldn't agree more. Thanks Brian!

Sent on 04/03/2019

Robyn F · Married on 01/26/2019

The best!!!

Working with Hollan at Amp'd was so easy and enjoyable and he read our crowd perfectly with the music he played. Love all of the mash-ups and his ability to weave in a number of less popular songs that we put on our "must play" list. Can't wait for a reason to work with him again!

Sent on 02/21/2019
  • Jordana

Jordana Garcia · Married on 01/05/2019

Awesome DJ's that care about your musical taste!

DJ Hollon of Amp'd Entertainment killed it at our wedding. He was awesome! First he took the time to get to know us and figure out what kind of music we are into - not just for a party but in our lives and what kind of vibe we wanted for our wedding reception. He gave us great suggestions in general for our reception and we ended up doing exactly what he suggested for most of it. My husband and I are really into indie rock but we know that most of our guests are not so we were just going to go with hip-hop/ pop 'crowd pleasers' for our wedding but DJ Hollon told us he could work in what were were into and he did! It was amazing to hear QOTS, Weezer, the Ramones, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and some of our other favorites during our reception. And of course he used all the hip-hop/ dance crowd pleasers we wanted and remix'd them so they felt fresh and new and cool. There was never a lull on the dancefloor, it was awesome. DJ Hollon really knows how to get a party started and keep it going and he's also really, really nice. If we ever throw another party that requires a DJ we would for sure hire him and Amp'd again.

Sent on 01/21/2019
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 01/05/2019

Hands down amazing!

I can NOT stress how absolutely DJ Big H was at our wedding!!!! He was so engaged and went above and beyond to make sure we were happy. Our guests gave him raving compliments. I can't imagine having anyone else!

Sent on 01/28/2019

Mitchell Mccall · Married on 12/30/2018

Simply the best!

The DJ makes or breaks the wedding reception, and DJ Bigg H with Amp'd Entertainment is simply the best. As a DJ myself, choosing a wedding DJ was my call - and I'm VERY picky. What's nice about Amp'd Entertainment is that they host FREE events where you can see/hear your DJ perform well before you make your choice... but guaranteed whomever you choose to do your Remix'd Wedding, it will be the best night of your life! We had in-depth discussions on song selections where he interjected his own ideas without being overbearing - he let us ultimately decide whilst simultaneously providing professional expertise and guidance in our choices. DJ Bigg H showed up early, setup both an outdoor ceremony setup and his indoor rig and had plenty of time to mic up our officiant. When we had questions about the weather and his ability to change setup location due to rain, he was flexible and professional. Did I mention he's a professional?

Seriously - don't skimp in this area of your wedding budget... SPLURGE. People might remember what the side item or what flavor your cake was - chances are they won't... but they will CERTAINLY remember the DJ (for better or worse)! Make the right choice - hire Amp'd Entertainment. They know what they're doing and how to throw a party.

Sent on 01/05/2019

Amand · Married on 12/01/2018

Hollon; 12/1/18 Georgian Terrace Wedding

Hollon was the BEST! He rocked our wedding, made us feel comfortable and could ask questions at any time. We are so happy to have danced the night away with him!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Ami Dand · Married on 11/11/2018

You won’t be disappointed!

Hollon/amp’d entertainment made my wedding a dream come true! Hollon worked with my husband and I, and when I say Worked with, I really mean did all the work. I was so busy doing everything else that I really left Music up to the last minute, but with as minimal direction as I gave, our ‘love’ soundtrack matched us perfectly. Hollon spends a lot of time getting to know his clients, and personalizing music to them. From playing oldies, to classical pop to star wars to Hindi songs, he made it all happen. Everyone had a blast at the wedding and danced until the very end. Thank you Hollon, for making our day one we will remember for the rest of our lives!

Sent on 12/03/2018
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 11/10/2018

Great Wedding DJ!

We absolutely loved working with Ricardo Spicer at Amp'd Entertainment for our wedding! He took a lot of time to prepare with us leading up to the event and kept the party going all night! We had a great time and our guests were dancing all night. We loved how the night went and couldn't have asked for a better wedding DJ experience. Thank you SO MUCH!!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Amp'd Entertainment's reply:

Lizzie! Thank you so much for the phenomenal review. I am so glad that you enjoyed my performance and execution. You and Preston are a great couple! Cheers! - Ricardo

Danielle Vansickle · Married on 11/10/2018

You won’t regret it!

Hollon did an amazing job and exceeded my expectations. Everyone had a great time. I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 12/12/2018

Kristin Hall · Married on 11/09/2018

DJ Ricardo was wonderful!

DJ Ricardo helped make our school fundraiser a huge success! He worked wonderfully with our emcee for the night, and everyone had a great time. He knew just the right music to play and when- would absolutely hire him again!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Amp'd Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for the great review. I had an incredible time performing at your event. I look forward to working with the great parents of Heards Ferry again. Cheers!
  • Nathalie

Nathalie Espinol · Married on 11/03/2018

Made our reception a BLAST!

Brian has DJ'ed not just our wedding, but four of our friends' weddings - he is THAT good! He does an incredible job of tailoring his set to the tastes of the bride and groom and to the crowd, keeping everyone dancing all night! At one point, our main dance floor lost power, so instead of calling it a night, Brian hustled and moved to another area of the venue so we could keep the party going. We really appreciated how he went above and beyond for us and our guests! Would highly recommend to anyone who is looking for a less traditional (i.e. NOT CHEESY) wedding DJ!

Sent on 11/19/2018