Amos Productions Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Amos Productions 1
Amos Productions 2

Michelle · Getting married on 05/12/2022

We used AMOS for our wedding in mid-September and they were amazing! We had Matt McCarter as our DJ and he knocked it out of the park! From the beginning of planning, he was responsive and helpful but the wedding itself was where he really shined. He was so upbeat and really got the party going! He played every song we asked and even went out of his way to make sure my husband and I had something to drink when we were having dinner. I would hire AMOS again and again! We highly recommend!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Marissa Silver · Getting married on 01/04/2020

Amos Productions gave us the dance party of our dreams!

Our journey with Amos Productions began as a recommended vendor from both our venue and floral company. After quick research, I could tell they would be a great fit for us, and their existing relationship with the venue made it easy for everyone. And it only got better from there!

I knew music and the playlist were some of the most important elements of our wedding - because we wanted everyone to have a good time and enjoy the dance floor. The planning portal allowed me to input music choices for EVERY aspect of the event - and provided recommended music to fill in the gaps when we needed inspiration.

Rick was easy to work with, very personable, and had some great ideas when I couldn't decide between some song options. Also, we had requested an edit of our first dance song and it was exactly what we wanted! At the wedding, he made sure to check in on us periodically throughout the night to make sure we were happy or if we had any requests.

I can't speak highly enough of Amos Productions and I'm so happy we chose them for our wedding!

Sent on 04/16/2019

Stephanie · Married on 07/13/2019

Friendly and professional

Jeff kept the dance floor busy all night, it was exactly what we wanted. Super friendly and professional service. Schedule was kept on point and Jeff coordinated with vendors and us to provide a fantastic experience for our wedding.

Sent on 08/12/2019
  • Brittany

brittany costa · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing Wedding MC and Lighting Vendor

My husband and I recently were married at Sequoyah Country Club in Oakland and used Amos as our MC and Lightning Vendor. We had such a wonderful experience working with them from the beginning. We worked with Rick as our DJ/MC and he lived up to all the rave reviews! He and the staff at Amos were so helpful in getting the day planned. Rick kept our reception running smoothly and made our guests very comfortable! We also worked with Robbie on our receptions lighting design and after a few phone calls, he seamlessly put our vision to life. We couldn't recommend Amos more!

Sent on 08/04/2019
  • Margaret

Liz · Married on 06/28/2019

Very Experienced!

We loved working with DJ Jeff Torres! His flexibility, professionalism, and attention to detail were very much appreciated throughout the wedding planning process. From the wedding party announcements to the song selections, he had an excellent energy that really added to our wedding ceremony and reception. We'd absolutely recommend him to family and friends!

Sent on 07/15/2019

Margaret Kalnin · Married on 06/28/2019

Very Experienced!

Sent on 07/16/2019
  • Meghan

Meghan Sloan · Married on 06/22/2019

Best DJ ever!

We hired Amos Pro and DJ Rick Mustafa for our wedding at Wente on June 22 after attending an open house event. Rick was WONDERFUL! Just an absolute joy to work with. He totally understood our musical aesthetic and kept the party going all night, with 90% of our guests on the dance floor the entire time! We couldn't have asked for a better master of ceremonies to host our wedding reception. Our wedding was pretty non-traditional and he rolled with it like a champ. Our planning and venue staff had nothing but great things to say about Rick's professionalism, and our guests just LOVED him. We'd recommend Rick and Amos Productions to anyone. 10/10 would party again!

Sent on 06/26/2019
  • Julie

Julie · Married on 06/15/2019

Amos is the best!

I don't even know where to begin. Amos & DJ Rob helped make our wedding day run so smoothly! Everyone complimented Rob, the music, and the flow of the evening. One person said, "You know how usually when you go to weddings there's a big lull? There was absolutely no lull!" I felt so confident that Rob had everything handled, that I could just relax and 100% enjoy myself with no worries or concerns. (That's the biggest compliment coming from me, a natural organizer and slight control freak...) I will forever be recommending Amos Productions to family and friends!

Sent on 06/19/2019
  • User6898942 · Recently married

Matt was a great Dj for our May wedding in San Francisco! He was friendly and professional and setup quietly during dinner since we had a small venue and a band during dinnertime. He made the transition from band to DJ seamless and we barely even noticed him setting up. He played all our top requests and made announcements that encouraged others to get on the dance floor. We aren't a big dancing crowd but he managed to get even our older relatives on the dance floor early on. The lights were a very nice touch too.

Sent on 06/29/2016

amity · Married on 05/10/2019

Everything we wanted

Amos production offers the whole package, however my husband and I hired them for their photobooth since we liked their backdrops and frames the best. Their online portal was very easy to use and their team was extremely responsive. I usually got an answer back in no more than 24 hours. After the big day the company even gave me an electronic copy of all the images taken.

Sent on 06/28/2019

Joon Chung · Married on 10/07/2018

Jeff was amazing!

My wife and I spent a good amount of time researching for the right DJ for our reception. The DJ truly sets the mood and vibe for the night and Jeff Torres (level 3 DJ) met exactly what we were looking for. Our wedding consisted of our closest friends but mainly our family and extended family. We requested age appropriate music and some specifics for our dances (first dance song, father bride dance, etc). Jeff went above and beyond by selecting music that crossed multiple generations where everyone was able to connect with. For myself personally, I have extended family that I didn't know had so much energy. Jeff was able to bring that out in them and it brought so much joy to my wife and I.

Thank you to Amos productions and Jeff specifically for setting the tone and getting our friends and family on their feet! Highly recommend to anyone looking for professionals who are willing to adjust their skills to their dream wedding.

Sent on 01/27/2019
  • Madeline

Madeline · Married on 09/22/2018

Amazing Experience!

I have worked with Amos for years, and when I got engaged they were at the top of my list for wedding DJs. They have lots of different options and packages so there is something for every type of wedding. We used Amos for DJ, ceremony microphones, lighting and photo booth.
    They were great during the planning stages, everyone we spoke with was extremely responsive and helpful. Their online planning portal was great and we were able to build our playlist, adjust the timeline, and more from our home whenever we had time. We met with them twice before the wedding and they were very prepared with all of the details.
    Our DJ was Robbie and he is amazing! They day of the wedding he kept everyone on the dance floor, and I feel like he did a great job reading the vibe of the room, and making sure everyone had a good time. He helped keep the night running very smoothly and did a great job with announcements, and making sure our family and friends who were giving speeches were prepared. We have gotten so many compliments on the music from our guests.

The lighting they did was stunning. We did uplights, a custom gobo light, a cake light, and a wash on the back wall of the venue. It all looked better than I imagined. The photo booth was great, they came with a lot of props that my guests loved. They had several backdrop options, and the quality of the photos were great. There are lots of options for the design of the photo strip, it was fun getting to pick something out that went with our wedding look.

Thank you so much Robbie & Amos!! I am sending all of my engaged friends your way!

Sent on 10/22/2018
    Amos Productions 3
  • Janice

Janice · Married on 09/02/2018

We used Amos Productions to do the lighting and drapery at our wedding. They were very responsive and professional from the start and did an amazing job the day-of our wedding. They arrived on time and made sure everything looked perfect.

Sent on 09/30/2018

JINKY · Married on 08/18/2018

Planning your own wedding is daunting. You need to have vendors that will make your job effortless and fun. That's what Amos Productions did. They were very supportive, cooperative and easy to deal with. Very straightforward in all our dealings but most of all, everybody was so professional. At the Open House, Jody Amos accorded us with excellent customer service and detailed all the services that his company offered. DJ Robbie Rich shined bright that night. Everybody loved his mix that nobody left the dance floor. Everybody went crazy! He was so nice, pleasant, cheerful and added so much value to our wedding. The wedding portal also made everything easy for us. From creating our playlist, making our timeline, editing our songs, make payments, you name it. there was also a countdown clock that everytime you open our portal you'll see how close you are to your big day and it was so cool coz we get reminded with cutt offs and deadlines.
    The photobooth attendant was so nice and she was so accommodating with our guests. I was so surprised when she returned all of our props.
    overall, 5 stars is not enough for Amos Pro. You guys were awesome. thank you for making our big day, the wedding of the century - according to all our friends.

Sent on 08/23/2018
  • Adrienne

Adrienne · Married on 08/18/2018

Matt Rocks

these people are nothing less than amazing. had my wedding at ruby hills and they knew everything. What to do, where to be and help me the whole way through this process. I highly recommend Matt he made this the best night of my life and exceeded my expectations.

Sent on 06/12/2019

Caitlin · Married on 07/21/2018

Amos Productions helped make our wedding day flawless! From the moment we connected with them to the last hour of our dance, they were professional, reassuring, and knew exactly how to guide us in making decisions! Our DJ Jeff sat down with us to discuss exactly how we wanted the details of the day to go. He was more than a DJ, he was a big help in planning details beyond the music. The day of, he was a calming presence and made the best MC! He helped us make decisions about details we hadn't even thought of yet like how we wanted things announced and how best to get people on the dance floor. Everyone at the wedding commented on how great the music was, and we had people on the dance floor that typically don't dance at weddings! Thanks Amos Productions!!

Sent on 08/12/2018

Adrea Borges · Married on 06/23/2018

Highly Recommended DJ and Lighting!

If you are looking for an incredible DJ, look no further. I highly recommend Rick Mustafa from Amos Productions. Rick is organized, talented, and really easy to work with. I had a lot of questions, and he was really patient through the entire process. Amos Productions personalized website for my wedding day also made it really easy to identify which songs for the ceremony, reception entrance and dancing.

I booked both the wedding day ceremony and reception, and also booked Rick to come to the rehearsal. I highly recommend this, especially if you are having different music for different entrances (groomsmen, family, bridesmaids and bride). It made the wedding day run very smoothly because we were able to rehearse with the music.

I got so many compliments on how talented he was! His music was so on it that everyone was on the dance for the ENTIRE NIGHT! I would hire Rick again in a second! Thank you for making my wedding day great, Rick!

We also hired Amos for the lighting – and again, perfection. I was looking for a pretty specific color (orchid to be exact), and they worked with me patiently until we found the absolute perfect shade. I highly recommend Amos Productions!

Sent on 12/27/2018

Lauren · Married on 06/02/2018

Amos is TOP NOTCH! We used them for our wedding at Murrieta's Well in Livermore for videography, DJ and uplighting. Everything was well worth the expense...they are the best at what they do.
    DJ Rob was AMAZING!!!! Made sure our needs were met right from our initial meeting, 1 year before the wedding date. During wedding, played all the songs we wanted and kept everything upbeat. Was professional and fun. Just to note, our Wedding Coordinator (provided by the venue) was terrible and Rob was super helpful in making up where she fell terribly short. We are so thankful for him
    Videographers were beyond kind and accommodating. They were with us all night taking footage but never intrusive. Haven’t gotten the video yet (as the wedding was just 3 weeks ago) but have full confidence that it will turn out beautiful based on other work of theirs that I have seen.
    Uplighting was the perfect extra touch to make a beautiful venue into a spectacular one.
    While Amos isn’t the cheapest around, they are the best and you get what you pay for. Thanks Amos for making my wedding perfect!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Jenna · Married on 06/01/2018

Robbie was awesome! We are so happy he was our DJ. His music selections were great! He was really able to feel the crowd and because of him, we had such a great wedding! Amos was a great company to work with! They made our DJ process so easy and painless. I would pick them again!!

Sent on 06/13/2018

Andy · Married on 04/13/2018

Usually, I don't like to give 5 stars across the board (I mean, is anyone really that good?), but Amos Productions were simply the best. Do yourself a favor and hire them, request DJ Robbie Rich and feel 100% confident that you are in good hands.

Sent on 06/07/2018

Marissa · Married on 04/07/2018

We used Amos’ dj services for our wedding. We got dj Rob and right when I met him I knew I wanted him to work our wedding! Our first consultation made this decision super easy! Amos had an awesome online portal where you get to input music for all special songs and open dancing. You even get to put which songs are on your “do not play” list which is super helpful! We had all our favorites play at our wedding and the portal was very organized and easy to use. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 04/12/2018

Jessica · Married on 04/06/2018

Robbie Rich was amazing! The music at our ceremony and reception was perfect. He read the crowd and guests perfectly. Myself and my husband, along with our guests, could not stop commenting on how great it was! That dance floor never emptied! Thank you Amos Productions, Robbie, Nicole, and Chad for making our wedding wonderful!

Sent on 05/17/2018

Teena · Married on 02/17/2018

Amos Productions is a preferred vendor for our wedding venue, The Club at Ruby Hill. We scheduled a meeting at one of their open houses a year before our wedding date and initially met with DJ Rob Mutzl. My now husband and I talked to DJ Rob for about an hour and he answered all of our questions about the process, costs, setup, etc. What I really liked about Amos is they have an online client portal where we can log into and choose songs for our wedding playlist. They have it set up where you can pick songs for the ceremony, reception, cake cutting, first dance, bouquet toss, etc. You can also list songs you don't want played at your wedding. Additionally, you can enter in other information for wedding activities and create a wedding timeline. This was really efficient and helped us keep track of everything during the planning process. We really liked DJ Rob's upbeat personality and sense of humor and decided we would book him for our wedding and I am so glad we did.

We met with DJ Rob about 2 weeks before our wedding and reviewed our wedding timeline and he was prompt, professional, and eased my anxiety. He made me feel more confident that everything would go smoothly and I felt like I can trust him to make our day go well.

The day of the wedding (2/17/18), everything was a hit. From the ceremony all the way until the end of the reception. DJ Rob did an excellent job as our emcee as well and really helped execute our wedding timeline and played a great mix of songs to keep our guests energized and dancing the whole night. We also hired Amos to do the up lighting and GOBO design and they did a great job of setting it up. I received lots of compliments from our guests on our GOBO and I'm glad we decided to purchase it. I HIGHLY recommend Amos Productions, especially DJ Rob.

Sent on 03/05/2018

Raquel · Married on 02/17/2018

Jeff was AMAZING!!!! Would absolutely recommend him for a DJ. He not only helped me and my husband pick out our music he also took care of making sure everything happened on schedule and coordinated with my photographer and our venue to make sure that happened ! Definitely took the stress off of me and my husband on our wedding day and made mine and my husbands wedding one to remember.

Sent on 05/01/2018

Tina · Married on 01/20/2018

We have used Amos productions for two different weddings. We used Robbie the first time and Rob Mutzl the second. In both cases we couldn't be happier. They are professional, keep the event running smoothly, read the group well and keep the fun going. In both cases we didn't have a professional wedding planner and they filled in the gap amazing well. Everything went on a perfect time schedule. I highly recommend the use of Amos Productions for weddings or other events. Their online portal makes it so easy to set up everything you need to plan for. I am so impressed with their service.

Sent on 01/29/2018